Messages

Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: Tebow the Free Agent.
bigvern1013 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Orleans Hotel and Casino |
bigvern1013
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1662
Location: Montana
#1
Posted: 5/10/2013 12:12:21 PM

I think it is safe to say that there is a bit of collusion going on here.......looks to me like the Corporation's stance on letting Tebow play in the NFL is to run him to Canada or the Arena League.

It is very hard for me to believe that there is no one out there that will give a proven winner a chance....no, he is not the prettiest passer.....but the guy wins games, and brings a compete level that few QB's in the league do.

Seriously, can you remember a QB that has had a winning record in his first year as a starter and won a playoff game, that has been chucked to the gutter by everyone in the "League". 

It appears that no one really cares about winning any longer. Is success defined by how your team looks, as opposed to how it preforms?  Nothing better than getting the guy that can throw the ball 60 yds from his knee at the combine, but is a clusterf***k when the chips are down.  The sad part is that Jamarcus Russell has gotten more positive press for his comeback effort over the last month than Tebow has for his charity work during the same period.  Pretty telling on whom is writing the sports columns these days.

If a team is all set at QB then do not even consider Tebow...but the following squads have no excuse, other than they are scared of the NFL/ESPN media machine:  Bills, Dolphins, Cleveland, Jax, Tennessee, KC, Oakland, Eagles, Vikings, Tampa, Arizona. 

These teams stink, and usually are nowhere near a contender year in and year out.  It is humorous in a way...the Raiders love controversy and public guys....but won't go near the biggest controversial public guy of them all.  Good luck with Terrell Pryor....looks like 4-12.

Probably the best fit for Tebow would be in Philly under Chip Kelly. He is big and fast, and could be a dangerous player in an unconventional offense.  Vick will most likely be hurt early in the year, and will not be a run threat down the stretch...good luck Philly....7-9 at best.

Tebow is better than Jake Locker right now, and the rest of the teams on the list need some guts. 

But hey, Ryan Fitzpatrick has a perfect release point and a cannon arm. Good luck with your 3-13 Buffalo.

So, my point is this:  it does not make  logical sense that Tebow is not going to be given a legit shot at starting in the NFL this fall.  Usually, when things do not make sense, there is some political BS going on behind the scenes, and in this case it looks to be the big libs over at ESPN and in the front office of the NFL  do not like the idea of a squeaky clean, openly religious starting QB in their "League". 

The idea of a Tim Tebow as a public face of the NFL is too 1950's and not enough 2013 for the "League".  It simply is too risky to let him play....

quote
bunny651 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bunny651
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5757
Location:
#2
Posted: 5/10/2013 12:58:39 PM

That's nonsense.

All NFL cares are their bottom-line and "image". To suggest otherwise is simply not true.

1. Trent Dilfer won a SB and got ditched by the Ravens. Sure, another team picked him up but we all knew how that went and he WON a SB with that team.

2. After the "success" he had in Denver, Elway, a HOF QB, couldn't seem to get rid of him fast enough. I am a bit inclined to believe his assessment than others, especially on QBs. Obviously, they didn't get to where they wanted to go but there's not even the point.

Lastly, he's a project. However, the difference with him and any other failed projects would be day and night. Failed QBs come and go but he's going to bring distraction, scrutiny and a bunch of "I told you so" along with it. If I were a GM of a team, why would I bring all of the baggage upon myself? The ONLY reason will be for the publicity but the Jets sure didn't set a good example, did they?

quote
bigvern1013 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Orleans Hotel and Casino |
bigvern1013
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1662
Location: Montana
#3
Posted: 5/10/2013 4:48:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bunny651:

That's nonsense.

All NFL cares are their bottom-line and "image". To suggest otherwise is simply not true.

1. Trent Dilfer won a SB and got ditched by the Ravens. Sure, another team picked him up but we all knew how that went and he WON a SB with that team.

2. After the "success" he had in Denver, Elway, a HOF QB, couldn't seem to get rid of him fast enough. I am a bit inclined to believe his assessment than others, especially on QBs. Obviously, they didn't get to where they wanted to go but there's not even the point.

Lastly, he's a project. However, the difference with him and any other failed projects would be day and night. Failed QBs come and go but he's going to bring distraction, scrutiny and a bunch of "I told you so" along with it. If I were a GM of a team, why would I bring all of the baggage upon myself? The ONLY reason will be for the publicity but the Jets sure didn't set a good example, did they?

Response to your points:

1) Trent Dilfer got the shaft in Baltimore.  The Ravens brought in Elvis Grbak and Randall Cunningham....and they were handsomely rewarded with garbage.  That was BS as well. What purpose did ditching Dilfer serve there? Freed up Cap space?

2)  I have a feeling that Elway was having an ego problem with Tebow...the popularity that Tebow garnered was staggering, and the Broncos were becoming his team.  But all in all, where did the big money land the Broncos last year?  Peyton Manning is a legend, but the turnovers vs the Ravens allowed them to stay in the game.  All in all, I would say that Elway has a picture of what offense looks like, and he wanted a guy like Manning on the trigger.....I have no problem at all with that decision.  Do not forget that Elway lost 3 Superbowls before he won one......And he won handing the ball off, not throwing it.

I agree 100% with the NFL only caring about their "image".  It just so happens that Tebow is not a part of it, and he is being guided to the wayside.

Your statement about not wanting to bring baggage onto your team with a guy like Tebow proves my point.  Many of the teams I listed would be excited to bring in Tebow to compete for a job; but because of the media stigma that has been created by the likes of ESPN, they will not move on him to save themselves the circus. If Tebow was a guy that was always in trouble or openly disrespectful to his superiors then passing is understandable....but he is a guy that keeps his mouth shut and works hard....the circus that follows him is not by his own creation but is a product of a major media agenda.

Pretty weak sauce if you ask me....if there is a guy out there that can help me win, is a solid guy off of the field, and will work cheap, I am bringing him in.

quote
Sharkysden send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Sharkysden
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 3711
Location: United States
#4
Posted: 5/10/2013 7:46:24 PM
The Jets made a person move by letting him go after the draft.  I talked a lot of trash about Tebow in the past simply because he was not a good QB and all the hype behind him drove me crazy.   

I changed my thoughts about him after I saw how much extra work he puts in to try and improve off the field.  When the players go home he's still there working.  

I think a team has to give him a chance, if you have a playbook with heavy rush plays and short passes he can be a huge asset.  

Anyway because of what the Jets did I'll end with F**K the Jets and dirty Sanchez too, who is much worse than Tebow.  

  
quote
bunny651 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bunny651
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5757
Location:
#5
Posted: 5/10/2013 10:42:06 PM

1. I brought Dilfer just in response to your original question.

2. Without question, Broncos is better off with Manning than Tebow as their QB. I could also argue their defense and running game had more to do with winning their games than Tebow so lets don't go there.

Personally, I like Tebow as a person and his work ethics. As a matter of fact, I still think the Jets should have given him a chance last season. What's there to lose anyway? The only point I dispute is that teams are colluded and doing everything they can to not letting him play. We see time after time teams giving questionable characters second chances or more.

It's what it is so my point is still valid and collusion has nothing to do with it.

quote
bunny651 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bunny651
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5757
Location:
#6
Posted: 5/10/2013 10:56:31 PM

Btw, if you want to talk about ego, there were numerous cases college QBs ended up playing different positions in the NFL. What makes him think he's so special?

Again, I think he's a great guy but I just don't get why his supporters will put blame on everyone else except Tebow himself. After all, he's not an accurate enough passer in the NFL. If his name is not Tebow, a lot of people wouldn't have the same problem with teams not wanting him.

quote
bigvern1013 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Orleans Hotel and Casino |
bigvern1013
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1662
Location: Montana
#7
Posted: 5/11/2013 1:23:26 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bunny651:

Btw, if you want to talk about ego, there were numerous cases college QBs ended up playing different positions in the NFL. What makes him think he's so special?

Again, I think he's a great guy but I just don't get why his supporters will put blame on everyone else except Tebow himself. After all, he's not an accurate enough passer in the NFL. If his name is not Tebow, a lot of people wouldn't have the same problem with teams not wanting him.

Fair enough.  I just go by what evidence is present. He is a winning starting QB in the NFL.  All of the teams that I listed are losing teams, and quite frankly cannot get much worse. They have nothing to lose by bringing him in and letting him fight for a spot.

You are correct about the Jets....they absolutely should have put him in during the second half of the Tennessee game. The problem was, he would have won.....and they would have made the playoffs. Sanchez had 5 to's in that game and did not get the hook...and the next week Ryan and company went to the 3rd teamer instead of Tebow. The schedule was favorable for the Jets to win out and get a wildcard....and if they would have done it under Tebow, Rex and company would have been "stuck" with him.  So they did not play him....which proves my point...winning was not the ultimate goal.  

In my humble opinion, when you don't play to win, the entire game becomes a sheep show.   Further,  by not looking hard at a guy like Tebow, the teams I listed are not playing to win.  That makes their motives suspect, and raises questions about whom is calling the shots for each franchise.

The part I don't understand is the revenue that a guy like Tebow generates....seems to me that the NCAA and the NFL alike have made big dollars off of his name.....so why the lack of interest in signing the guy up??? Tim Tebow in the NFL is a win-win for everyone involved...so the lack of interest is questionable, and makes me question things like collusion and definitive marching orders coming down from the NFL and ESPN.

IF anyone out there has the balls to sign him, they will reap the rewards, and be a better squad for it.

As for Tebow "not being accurate enough"....that is some Mel Kiper and Mark Mayock BS talking points right there.  The guy hasn't had very many reps at all in the league, but I do remember him cutting up the Steelers in the playoff game.

As for Denver's Defense and running game being the reasons they won, stop it. That team was dead and buried until he got under center..if they were so great, then why did they stink so bad before he got the nod? At least give him a little credit, and don't rewrite history.

In any case, Tebow is a big boy and doesn't need me to defend him....and quite frankly it is not him I am defending.  It is the idea that everyone wants to tear a guy down whom has done nothing to deserve it.  The best guy gets the job....that is what America is all about.  Work hard and prosper.......he worked hard, will give the teams listed above a better chance to win  than the current Qb's,  and is still not getting the opportunity to shine.

I call foul, BS and anything else.  Like I said before, winning is not the goal here.....and that makes the whole production that is the NFL a sheep show.

Oh yeah, btw, the guy put on 25 pounds to play H-back for the Jets, and they never used him on the goal line. Don't give me the ego bit; he did exactly what they asked of him.

quote
v8sl8r
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
v8sl8r
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 429
Location:
#8
Posted: 5/11/2013 1:54:10 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bigvern1013:


As for Tebow "not being accurate enough"....that is some Mel Kiper and Mark Mayock BS talking points right there.  The guy hasn't had very many reps at all in the league, but I do remember him cutting up the Steelers in the playoff game.

As for Denver's Defense and running game being the reasons they won, stop it. That team was dead and buried until he got under center..if they were so great, then why did they stink so bad before he got the nod? At least give him a little credit, and don't rewrite history.

In any case, Tebow is a big boy and doesn't need me to defend him....and quite frankly it is not him I am defending.  It is the idea that everyone wants to tear a guy down whom has done nothing to deserve it.  The best guy gets the job....that is what America is all about.  Work hard and prosper.......he worked hard, will give the teams listed above a better chance to win  than the current Qb's,  and is still not getting the opportunity to shine.

I call foul, BS and anything else.  Like I said before, winning is not the goal here.....and that makes the whole production that is the NFL a sheep show.

Oh yeah, btw, the guy put on 25 pounds to play H-back for the Jets, and they never used him on the goal line. Don't give me the ego bit; he did exactly what they asked of him.



The 1 out of 2 throws he completed that year he so called won all those games...tired of everyone using this 1 throw against the steelers as if it was how he always was...

how do you give Him credit for winning.. he wasnt playing defense to give them fg range.. he also wasnt kicking the FG in almost all those games won..

U sound like his agent

and lastly they did try him out in certain situations , it might not have been on the goal line but they did and he lost yards... alot more than he gained...

All signs point to him being over rated and not a NFL QB... get over it already 
You sound like Skip Bayless last year and year before..even he came too and realized tebow sucks
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 32728
Location: New York
#9
Posted: 5/11/2013 2:06:33 AM

the NFL lets convicted Felons  back into the league with ease

believe me if he had even a decent 3rd stringers arm he would be on a roster

 

 

flat out , he needs to switch to H back

quote
RonnieBass send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
RonnieBass
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1561
Location: Alaska
#10
Posted: 5/11/2013 2:19:47 AM
He still has more playoff wins as Denver QB than Manning.  
quote
bunny651 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bunny651
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5757
Location:
#11
Posted: 5/11/2013 6:47:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bigvern1013:

Fair enough.  I just go by what evidence is present. He is a winning starting QB in the NFL.  All of the teams that I listed are losing teams, and quite frankly cannot get much worse. They have nothing to lose by bringing him in and letting him fight for a spot.

You are correct about the Jets....they absolutely should have put him in during the second half of the Tennessee game. The problem was, he would have won.....and they would have made the playoffs. Sanchez had 5 to's in that game and did not get the hook...and the next week Ryan and company went to the 3rd teamer instead of Tebow. The schedule was favorable for the Jets to win out and get a wildcard....and if they would have done it under Tebow, Rex and company would have been "stuck" with him.  So they did not play him....which proves my point...winning was not the ultimate goal.  

In my humble opinion, when you don't play to win, the entire game becomes a sheep show.   Further,  by not looking hard at a guy like Tebow, the teams I listed are not playing to win.  That makes their motives suspect, and raises questions about whom is calling the shots for each franchise.

The part I don't understand is the revenue that a guy like Tebow generates....seems to me that the NCAA and the NFL alike have made big dollars off of his name.....so why the lack of interest in signing the guy up??? Tim Tebow in the NFL is a win-win for everyone involved...so the lack of interest is questionable, and makes me question things like collusion and definitive marching orders coming down from the NFL and ESPN.

IF anyone out there has the balls to sign him, they will reap the rewards, and be a better squad for it.

As for Tebow "not being accurate enough"....that is some Mel Kiper and Mark Mayock BS talking points right there.  The guy hasn't had very many reps at all in the league, but I do remember him cutting up the Steelers in the playoff game.

As for Denver's Defense and running game being the reasons they won, stop it. That team was dead and buried until he got under center..if they were so great, then why did they stink so bad before he got the nod? At least give him a little credit, and don't rewrite history.

In any case, Tebow is a big boy and doesn't need me to defend him....and quite frankly it is not him I am defending.  It is the idea that everyone wants to tear a guy down whom has done nothing to deserve it.  The best guy gets the job....that is what America is all about.  Work hard and prosper.......he worked hard, will give the teams listed above a better chance to win  than the current Qb's,  and is still not getting the opportunity to shine.

I call foul, BS and anything else.  Like I said before, winning is not the goal here.....and that makes the whole production that is the NFL a sheep show.

Oh yeah, btw, the guy put on 25 pounds to play H-back for the Jets, and they never used him on the goal line. Don't give me the ego bit; he did exactly what they asked of him.

Thanks for proving my points and here is why:

1. You don't have any problem in giving him credit for wins but when it comes to Elway, you tried to lesson it as much as possible by statement like, " He won the SB by handling the ball off, not by throwing it".

2. Not being an accurate passer is strictly a ESPN BS talking point?? In his "great" reason with Denver, he completed 46.5% of his passes which rated him THE LOWEST IN COMPLETION % with anyone with over 200 attempts. Lets dig a little deeper, how about with anyone over 100 attempts which included a lot of non-starters? Yup, he's still had THE LOWEST COMPLETION % among them. Sure, you might say that's not what QB is all about but "not being accurate" sounds more like a valid point backed up by fact than a talking point, no? 

3. When I talked about others switching positions in NFL, I was talking about permanently, not a few plays as coach-requested but you already know that.

4. It's not the first time and it won't be the last that the media tries to hype up/tear down a player but since his name is Tebow, everyone must have gathered to collude against him.

5. Working hard doesn't guarantee anyone anything in life. Besides, just maybe his skill set will fit him more in other positions but he's the one who insists he's a starting QB in NFL. He has every right to think that way but why when others don't agree, it's such a travesty??

Like I said before, his supporters will only point out anything that remotely for his side while blindly overlook anything against him even the other side does have valid points.

quote
bigvern1013 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Orleans Hotel and Casino |
bigvern1013
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1662
Location: Montana
#12
Posted: 5/11/2013 12:52:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bunny651:

Thanks for proving my points and here is why:

1. You don't have any problem in giving him credit for wins but when it comes to Elway, you tried to lesson it as much as possible by statement like, " He won the SB by handling the ball off, not by throwing it".

2. Not being an accurate passer is strictly a ESPN BS talking point?? In his "great" reason with Denver, he completed 46.5% of his passes which rated him THE LOWEST IN COMPLETION % with anyone with over 200 attempts. Lets dig a little deeper, how about with anyone over 100 attempts which included a lot of non-starters? Yup, he's still had THE LOWEST COMPLETION % among them. Sure, you might say that's not what QB is all about but "not being accurate" sounds more like a valid point backed up by fact than a talking point, no? 

3. When I talked about others switching positions in NFL, I was talking about permanently, not a few plays as coach-requested but you already know that.

4. It's not the first time and it won't be the last that the media tries to hype up/tear down a player but since his name is Tebow, everyone must have gathered to collude against him.

5. Working hard doesn't guarantee anyone anything in life. Besides, just maybe his skill set will fit him more in other positions but he's the one who insists he's a starting QB in NFL. He has every right to think that way but why when others don't agree, it's such a travesty??

Like I said before, his supporters will only point out anything that remotely for his side while blindly overlook anything against him even the other side does have valid points.

Point counter point:

1)  IMO Terrell Davis was a big reaon for those Superbowl wins....you are into stats, look up how many carries he had in the two superbowl years in Denver. Denver was ball control at that point...they may have been able to win those Superbowls without Elway; it is not unreasonable to think that.  For the record, I like Elway......but being a great player and a great GM are 2 different things.

2)  Those are interesting Stats.  Of course, I could say that Denver's offense under Tebow that year was a bit unconventional....he wasn't throwing 5yd hitches and screens 20 times per game to get those numbers up..most of the passing game was vertical, and deeper drag routes.  My main point is, the body  of work is incomplete...show me a stat like that after 2 full years under center, and if the team is not winning then make a change.  But to say a guy is not capable of being effective In the future after limited data is incorrect. 

3)  Eventually, if the guy wants to get a job, then this is what we will most likely see.  Probably become a tight end....I am sure that will make everyone happy.

4)  Can you remember any other player that has taken the media scrutiny that Tebow has, 12 months a year, 7 days a week?

5)  It is not a "travesty" that everyone doesn't like Tebow.  Its a "travesty" that Bengazi unfolded the way it did.  Tebow not getting a legit shot to play QB is BS, and shows that most GM's around the league  are scared to make a bold move in an attempt to get better.

I like the insinuation that anyone whom "supports" Tebow is somehow "blind" or stupid.  Reminds me of Bill Maher talking about religion.

In any case, the amount of words I have written on this thread is embarrassing.  The NFL is what it is, and I like to bet on it.  So that is where it stands.  At least I got some typing practice out of this exercise.

The only question that is important in my mind is this: of the teams I listed above, in post #1, what do any of them have to lose in bringing a guy like Tebow in?  They all already blow, so what is the risk there?

quote
bunny651 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bunny651
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5757
Location:
#13
Posted: 5/11/2013 2:30:58 PM

1. I never said Davis didn't play a big part of those SB wins. Hell, I wasn't even the one who brought those up initially. My point is why it's ok to raise those question but when it comes to Tebow, some people seem to take much offense to it? In addition, I still believe Elway made the right choice in bringing Manning to replace Tebow. Unless you disagree, it's a moot point.

2. No, I don't have a crystal ball so I don't know for sure how he is going to perform in his 2nd year if given the chance so I never said he is not capable of being effective. I do however believe Elway made the right choice. If you want to talk about a bold move, Elway took a HUGH risk in bringing Manning in, especially with the price tag and his injury history.

3. No, I never said his supporters are stupid. They are just being fans of that player. Actually, I do the same thing(different sport) but I also realize I will probably not be the most objective person on the subject.

I think we already discuss why teams are hesitated to bring him in, especially after last year. Job security is not the strongest selling point in NFL, so I am more inclined to think GMs and coaches are more than willing to give him a chance if they truly believe he could help their teams. Apparently, most if not all don't think he's worth it.

We just have to disagree on reasons why he isn't given the chance and I don't believe it's because people around NFL just don't want to see him succeed.

quote
bigvern1013 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Orleans Hotel and Casino |
bigvern1013
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1662
Location: Montana
#14
Posted: 5/11/2013 3:04:01 PM

1)  Sounds good.  For the record, if I was Elway and had a chance to bring in Peyton Manning, then I would have done it as well. Peyton is a great QB no question about that.

2)  It was a big risk to bring in Manning.  I am curious on when the Broncos fans will see the Peyton Manning move as being a success? I imagine it is "Superbowl or Bust"...and if Manning gets hurt, they may be down for awhile.

3)  Agreed.  I am a Redwings fan, so I am usually anti-ref when my guys get sent to the box.

Any way you slice it, Tebow is a polarizing figure.  Most people either think he stinks, or think he is a winner....very little middle ground.  I agree with you, that we will have to disagree on why he doesn't have a contract.   

 

quote
bigvern1013 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Orleans Hotel and Casino |
bigvern1013
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1662
Location: Montana
#15
Posted: 5/11/2013 3:06:28 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by v8sl8r:



The 1 out of 2 throws he completed that year he so called won all those games...tired of everyone using this 1 throw against the steelers as if it was how he always was...

how do you give Him credit for winning.. he wasnt playing defense to give them fg range.. he also wasnt kicking the FG in almost all those games won..

U sound like his agent

and lastly they did try him out in certain situations , it might not have been on the goal line but they did and he lost yards... alot more than he gained...

All signs point to him being over rated and not a NFL QB... get over it already 
You sound like Skip Bayless last year and year before..even he came too and realized tebow sucks

Who the f**k is Skip Bayless??

quote
bunny651 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bunny651
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5757
Location:
#16
Posted: 5/11/2013 5:54:33 PM
Oilers' fan here! GL to you guys in game 7 against the Ducks.
quote
bigvern1013 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Orleans Hotel and Casino |
bigvern1013
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1662
Location: Montana
#17
Posted: 5/11/2013 9:47:33 PM
Thanks for the luck...I will take all I can get... the Wings need to keep the clamps on Ryan, Getzlaf and Perry...those guys drive me crazy........
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 21459
Location: United States
#18
Posted: 5/12/2013 3:15:41 PM
i didn't read this thread but vince young (the original tebow) is 39-19 as a starter in the nfl.  quite a bigger sample size than tebow.  why aren't there multiple threads about him not getting a shot to start?
quote
THEMUGG
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 29465
Location: Washington
#19
Posted: 5/12/2013 4:31:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

i didn't read this thread but vince young (the original tebow) is 39-19 as a starter in the nfl.  quite a bigger sample size than tebow.  why aren't there multiple threads about him not getting a shot to start?

quote
bigvern1013 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Orleans Hotel and Casino |
bigvern1013
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1662
Location: Montana
#20
Posted: 5/12/2013 7:11:14 PM
Exactly.....Vince got a shot to start 58 NFL games....and was brought in to 3 different camps to compete for the QB job.
 
Apparently, it was a tall order to work with him.  Not to mention throwing his shoulder pads into the stands in Tennessee, or the off field strip club brawl. 
 
Vince got his shot....several of them; and he is sitting at home (apparently bankrupt) because of his own behavior.  Tebow is sitting at home because nobody wants to sign him up, in spite of his efforts.  A little different scenario, I would say.
 
Man, VY had it all......but he was good for the Longhorns, no question about that.
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 21459
Location: United States
#21
Posted: 5/13/2013 3:00:46 PM
i disagree.  VY is sitting at 39-19 as a starter.  so, if the argument is, this guy is a winner, why isn't he starting in the nfl, that argument applies much more to VY than tebow since VY has been doing it much longer.  where are the VY threads. 

cutler acts like a b*tch every season but he still gets to start.  roethlisberger rapes chicks every now and then and wrecks his motorcycle but he gets to start.  and so on. 

these tebow threads treat him like he's some sort of retard who doesn't get a chance to hold the ball because the non-retards won't play fair. 
quote
bigvern1013 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Orleans Hotel and Casino |
bigvern1013
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1662
Location: Montana
#22
Posted: 5/13/2013 6:19:53 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

i disagree.  VY is sitting at 39-19 as a starter.  so, if the argument is, this guy is a winner, why isn't he starting in the nfl, that argument applies much more to VY than tebow since VY has been doing it much longer.  where are the VY threads. 

cutler acts like a b*tch every season but he still gets to start.  roethlisberger rapes chicks every now and then and wrecks his motorcycle but he gets to start.  and so on. 

these tebow threads treat him like he's some sort of retard who doesn't get a chance to hold the ball because the non-retards won't play fair. 

The Vince Young craze was 5-7 years ago, that is why there is not a bunch of VY threads.  Yesterday's news....and the media has checked out on the guy and taken him out of the headlines.

Vince was a punk off of the field, and threw temper tantrums in the locker room; I guess the know-it-alls in the NFL decided that Vince didn't bring enough to the table to offset him being on the rag all of time. 

Agree with you on Cutler...Roethlisberger has Superbowl Rings so anything short of murder and he is starting.

Bottom line is Tebow is not getting a legit shot to play...but he has made some cash, and his name sells, so it won't be a problem for him to earn a good living.  At the end of the day, being put out to stud with a few million bucks at age 25 isn't too bad of deal.

I have no idea what your last line means.

 

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 21459
Location: United States
#23
Posted: 5/13/2013 7:07:32 PM
my last line means that tebow gets special treatment from people and the media and here although his situation is common.  he's a guy who isn't very good at his position who no team wants for that reason.  he didn';t win any games.  he was on a team that won some games, even a playoff game, and lost some games along with the other players on his team.  just because espn can't analyze a game beyond the qb doesn't mean a qb wins or loses games.

guys who aren't very good have been getting cut or gone unsigned for a long time.  the fact that tebow gets so much attention while many others don't gives him special, or retard, status as opposed to everyone else who falls out of the league after a couple of seasons and a few wins. 
quote
bigvern1013 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Orleans Hotel and Casino |
bigvern1013
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1662
Location: Montana
#24
Posted: 5/14/2013 12:00:54 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

my last line means that tebow gets special treatment from people and the media and here although his situation is common.  he's a guy who isn't very good at his position who no team wants for that reason.  he didn';t win any games.  he was on a team that won some games, even a playoff game, and lost some games along with the other players on his team.  just because espn can't analyze a game beyond the qb doesn't mean a qb wins or loses games.

guys who aren't very good have been getting cut or gone unsigned for a long time.  the fact that tebow gets so much attention while many others don't gives him special, or retard, status as opposed to everyone else who falls out of the league after a couple of seasons and a few wins. 

Ok, I get it.....completely disagree, but I get it.

quote
RonnieBass send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
RonnieBass
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1561
Location: Alaska
#25
Posted: 5/14/2013 2:24:10 AM
I get Tebow is polarizing.  You love him or you don't love him.  

Vince Young had all the talent and money in the world and blows both.  Don't get me wrong, I thought VY was great and exciting, but why would anyone bother starting threads about whether he should start when you can't even trust the guy as a person.  The odds of any team even getting near the guy is slim to none.  He wandered off because he got booed?  Blew all his money, not really a guy that has a chance to lead a franchise with his attitude, irresponsibility on and off the field.  
quote
Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.