Messages

Forum Index : Covers NFL Betting : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: Here is the take on E.J
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#1
Posted: 4/26/2013 4:44:06 PM
Yesterday I posted I thought the surprise of the daft was going to be E.J...........With that being said, here are my thoughts.


Alot of the world is thinking this is the dumbest pick of all time.... Now I'm not here to convince you other wise. Im just here to give you reason to why. This years QB class was very very poor. Anyone who thought that Matt Barkley was a 1st rd pick needs their head checked. Geno Smith doesn't have the "tools" to be a NFL QB.

Most QB's coming into the league are judged on a few things.
1) Arm strength
2) Pocket presence
3) The Ability to process information
4) Leadership
5) Simply a guy who is " in love " with the game.

Barkley, Smith and Nassib all to be honest with you are behind E.J on that list. Some a little better then others, but mostly E.J leads in most categories. I know for a fact E.J blew away the other guys in the interview portion of it. The guy is a pretty sharp individual who can carry himself very well.


I actually think E.J will be a decent QB.





This is what I really believe tho. In the Future, the best QB of this class isnt E.J, Barkley, Smith or Nassib...............


It's Mike Glennon from NCST   




quote
shrimp1958
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
shrimp1958
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 46280
Location: Maryland
#2
Posted: 4/26/2013 4:48:23 PM
He's one skinny gunslinger...give him some beef...
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#3
Posted: 4/26/2013 4:53:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by shrimp1958:

He's one skinny gunslinger...give him some beef...


Shrimp..... he is 6'5 240.... what are you talking about
quote
2Team_Parlay send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
2Team_Parlay
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 7526
Location: California
#4
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:06:07 PM
tyler wilson
quote
HighScore send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
HighScore
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 608
Location:
#5
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:12:29 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Yesterday I posted I thought the surprise of the daft was going to be E.J...........With that being said, here are my thoughts.


Alot of the world is thinking this is the dumbest pick of all time.... Now I'm not here to convince you other wise. Im just here to give you reason to why. This years QB class was very very poor. Anyone who thought that Matt Barkley was a 1st rd pick needs their head checked. Geno Smith doesn't have the "tools" to be a NFL QB.

Most QB's coming into the league are judged on a few things.
1) Arm strength
2) Pocket presence
3) The Ability to process information
4) Leadership
5) Simply a guy who is " in love " with the game.

Barkley, Smith and Nassib all to be honest with you are behind E.J on that list. Some a little better then others, but mostly E.J leads in most categories. I know for a fact E.J blew away the other guys in the interview portion of it. The guy is a pretty sharp individual who can carry himself very well.


I actually think E.J will be a decent QB.

 

the problem with your post is you didn't list the #1 trait gm's/coaches look for in a qb which is accuracy.   guys that have strong arms are a dime a dozen.

Manuel won't make it because his accuracy in the short/intermediate game is lacking.   he has decent deep ball accuracy and is big and strong and athletic.   he'll buy some time in the league because he's a 1st rd draft choice for a new regime but this guy is not going to be the answer.   FSU was one of the most talented teams out there.   How can an elite qb not elevate that team compared to what they did???







This is what I really believe tho. In the Future, the best QB of this class isnt E.J, Barkley, Smith or Nassib...............


It's Mike Glennon from NCST   




quote
HighScore send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
HighScore
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 608
Location:
#6
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:17:15 PM
you missed the the #1 trait gm's/coaches look for:  accuracy. that's why ej is going to suck.   that guy couldn't elevate a talented fsu program past what they did indicates how crappy this guy is.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#7
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:23:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HighScore:

you missed the the #1 trait gm's/coaches look for:  accuracy. that's why ej is going to suck.   that guy couldn't elevate a talented fsu program past what they did indicates how crappy this guy is.


High Score.... That couldn't be further from the truth..... THE #1 think a GM's and Coaches look for is Arm Strength...and no, QB's with arm strength ARE NOT a dime a dozen. Not sure where you think you head that, but that is far far from truth.

 
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#8
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:27:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 2Team_Parlay:

tyler wilson


Never high on Tyler Wilson. Not a leader IMO. A guy who really got rattled in the pocket. Go watch the film.
quote
2169 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Las Vegas Hotel and Casino |
2169
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 10748
Location: Massachusetts
#9
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:37:05 PM
NCST has had some good qbs come thru their program. Philip rivers was always a great leader and Russell Wilson is turning out to be a great one too.  Glennon could possibly become another one of those quality qbs. 
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#10
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:38:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 2169:

NCST has had some good qbs come thru their program. Philip rivers was always a great leader and Russell Wilson is turning out to be a great one too.  Glennon could possibly become another one of those quality qbs. 


he has great NFL tools.... Good arm good pocket awareness and is tall and can comprehend a NFL Playbook
quote
THEMUGG
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 28805
Location: Washington
#11
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:48:14 PM
 I will agree with you on Glennon.............but not Manuel. Time will tell, but even though Manuel might be the best of this class (I didn't say that) he probably wouldn't have been drafted til the 5th-6th round last year. There shouldn't have been a qb drafted this year until well into the 2nd round.

 I remember a few people here (can't remember the names) that said Aaron Rodgers was gonna be a bust.........I said he might be the best of his class............but I also thought Cody Pickett was gonna turn out to be a decent pro ().............so, time will tell.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#12
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:55:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

 I will agree with you on Glennon.............but not Manuel. Time will tell, but even though Manuel might be the best of this class (I didn't say that) he probably wouldn't have been drafted til the 5th-6th round last year. There shouldn't have been a qb drafted this year until well into the 2nd round.

 I remember a few people here (can't remember the names) that said Aaron Rodgers was gonna be a bust.........I said he might be the best of his class............but I also thought Cody Pickett was gonna turn out to be a decent pro ().............so, time will tell.


yeah mugg... I totally agree with you. The guy shouldn't have been a first round pick and by no means am I saying he will play like one.... Im just pointing the fact that I wasn't shocked over it.

It's a QB driven league and teams are desperate to find one. 
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#13
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:55:47 PM
and yes you are right....  this is a horrible QB draft. 
quote
packers1992 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
packers1992
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9037
Location: Michigan
#14
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:58:27 PM

QB"slike Manuel don't win the ultimate prize they just don't. these guys with tattoos don't win sh*T. Your Team's qb shouldn't have tattoos/piercings. Most don't liek when i say it but its true.

Though Manuel will fail because he sucksThe Bills are into sabermetrics now i guess by drafting Manuel sabermetrics doesn't work

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#15
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:02:21 PM
Mugg... I loved Aaron coming out. Was lobbying for him to take over that spot in GB when Favre was still there... hated favre BTW... What a clown Hate hated favre

I created a thread last year about RG3 and Andrew Luck stating that I thought RG3 would be better then Luck and I still stand behind that... RG3 IMO is and will be a Hall of fame QB...as Luck might be too.... I just thought if it was my franchise I would take RG3 allllll Day over Luck
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#16
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:04:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by packers1992:

QB"slike Manuel don't win the ultimate prize they just don't. these guys with tattoos don't win sh*T. Your Team's qb shouldn't have tattoos/piercings. Most don't liek when i say it but its true.

Though Manuel will fail because he sucksThe Bills are into sabermetrics now i guess by drafting Manuel sabermetrics doesn't work

what???

What you think about Colin from SF then???

Yeah.... ok
quote
packers1992 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
packers1992
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9037
Location: Michigan
#17
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:07:43 PM

boom i love ya but guys Like Kaepernick with Tattoos don't win the ultimate prize

Boom i have great respect for ya but anyone who would take RG3 over Luck is a moron. Those people like sizzle i want substance Luck will win a super bowl. RG3? i just don't see it

Also boom find me a qb who won a super bowl with sleeves of tattoos/piercings

quote
shrimp1958
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
shrimp1958
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 46280
Location: Maryland
#18
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:22:02 PM
Boom....Would need to see that reading to believe it....he looks much lighter...
quote
shrimp1958
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
shrimp1958
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 46280
Location: Maryland
#19
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:23:47 PM
Seen him listed at 225 lbs...now I believe that...
quote
shrimp1958
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
shrimp1958
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 46280
Location: Maryland
#20
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:27:27 PM
6.7''  225.....ESPN  ...yes he's skinny...
quote
HighScore send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
HighScore
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 608
Location:
#21
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:52:10 PM
boom- every guy drafted has arm strength.  yes, some more elite than others... but the number one trait that differentiates them are the ones that are accurate with the football.  in college, guys with nfl type arm strength are not a dime a dozen.  but when you look at the top 15 prospects, nfl caliber arm strength is posessed by the majority of them, with accuracy being the number one factor that separates them from the rest.
quote
lulu39
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lulu39
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 112
Location: Quebec
#22
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:04:06 PM
well said boum, and now manti is on nfl   !!!!,good luck manti
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#23
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:06:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by packers1992:

boom i love ya but guys Like Kaepernick with Tattoos don't win the ultimate prize

Boom i have great respect for ya but anyone who would take RG3 over Luck is a moron. Those people like sizzle i want substance Luck will win a super bowl. RG3? i just don't see it

Also boom find me a qb who won a super bowl with sleeves of tattoos/piercings

Yeah.. Im the moron.

RG3 last year.............. 3200 yds 20 td only 5 int QB rating of 102.4

Luck last year..............4374 yds 23 td  18 INT QB rating of 76.5




You need to do better if ya gonna debate with me

no question about it... RG3 had the better year

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#24
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:07:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by shrimp1958:

6.7''  225.....ESPN  ...yes he's skinny...
no shrimp.... ESPN has him at 6 5/8   and 237lbs



quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#25
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:07:39 PM
6 4 5/8 I meant to say.... right at 6'5
quote
Forum Index : Covers NFL Betting : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.