How Fox News makes you stupid

Forum: Politics Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: How Fox News makes you stupid
ClubDirt PM ClubDirt
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 23695
United States
 
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 12:15:19 PM
part 458321452
promark12 PM promark12
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1627
California
 
promark12
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 12:22:11 PM

Ha Ha, I have a few friends who used to tout Fox as real news.  However, the internet is loaded with clips like this pointing out that this isn't "News".

But they sure have a lot of viewers, proving that it is not news, it's a business.  They report what their viewers want to see.

14daroad PM 14daroad
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Virginia
 
14daroad
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 12:48:58 PM

Um Hannity does not host a "news" program.

So the joke is on you.

promark12 PM promark12
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1627
California
 
promark12
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 1:05:18 PM

I couldn't have said it better myself.

ClubDirt PM ClubDirt
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 23695
United States
 
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 1:08:13 PM
i'm comforted by the fact that i don't know who the darn hannity is, what he looks like, what he talks about or what his program is called.  is he not on Fox News Channel though?
promark12 PM promark12
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1627
California
 
promark12
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 1:14:17 PM

Dirt, I know many Conservatives who don't watch Hannity anymore.  He's been caught editing video to make it look bad, he's been caught in so many lies, that even Conservatives who stand for the truth turn him off.

His former partner, Alan Colmes, was just as bad for truth-seeking liberals too.  Fox makes money by giving the audience what they want to see.

Ktrain PM Ktrain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6300
Nevada
 
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 1:36:04 PM
It kind of reminds me of the movie "Religilous" by Bill Maher. I didn't do any background research on it, but all the awkward pauses just made it seem like a lot of editing was done. And that editing really seemed to make Bill Maher look really good, and the people he was interviewing really ignorant. 
FrontRowCenter PM FrontRowCenter
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6469
Florida
 
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 3:03:34 PM
Fox news is hated by the left, but the people on the right are so glad it is around.  It has a ton of talented people on it.  Chris Wallace for one.  And the Fox News Girls are smokin hot.  LOL

Both of my left wing loone friends, and I only have two, say they both watch O'Riley, and Greta, but will not watch Sean Hannity.  

Media matters and george soros would like Fox News gone.  

 
promark12 PM promark12
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1627
California
 
promark12
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 3:28:28 PM

If Soros bought Fox News, he probably wouldn't change the format.  Money before ideals.

It's kind of interesting that you say Fox has "Talented" people and then say the Fox News Girls are "Smokin Hot".  Do you think they were hired for their brains?

There have been times when I've thought C Wallace was a fair journalist.  But he really blew it when he described the GOP race last summer excluding Ron Paul who was near the top at the time.  He didn't even mention his name.  CNN and MSNBC almost announce the exact same script as Wallace did.  The all used "Top Tier" in their wording.  Coincidence?

While Fox makes liberals squirm, they ARE there for a reason, to make money.  MSNBC isn't so honest with the facts and loyalties themselves.  It's a sad state of affairs when they call these channels "Cable TV News".

canovsp PM canovsp
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5702
United States
 
canovsp
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 3:34:10 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If you point out the woes of FOX News without pointing out the woes of ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, etc then you lose all credibility.

How many times has someone posted a video criticizing FOX News by using Jon Stewart video from the Daily Show? Why don't they just use the video from FOX?

Also, read the poster's comments where he refers the viewers to Media Matters for more info on FOX News.
canovsp PM canovsp
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5702
United States
 
canovsp
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 3:40:10 PM
Republicans are going to make the election about the economy, unemployment, Obamacare, energy policy, etc

Democrats are going to make the election about FOX News, Rush, and Newt's ex-wife.

In November we'll find out who has the winning formula.
canovsp PM canovsp
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5702
United States
 
canovsp
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 3:44:41 PM
Remember, beware the liberal buzzwords:

FOX News, Palin, Haliburton, Racists, Rush, Fascists, Koch Brothers.

If you see these words while discussing politics then disregard everything else that follows.
potter36 PM potter36
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 851
United States
 
potter36
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 4:00:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If you point out the woes of FOX News without pointing out the woes of ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, etc then you lose all credibility.

How many times has someone posted a video criticizing FOX News by using Jon Stewart video from the Daily Show? Why don't they just use the video from FOX?

Also, read the poster's comments where he refers the viewers to Media Matters for more info on FOX News.
esplanade PM esplanade
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 9021
 
esplanade
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 4:30:23 PM
..................when you don't watch...................
ClubDirt PM ClubDirt
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 23695
United States
 
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 4:50:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If you point out the woes of FOX News without pointing out the woes of ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, etc then you lose all credibility.

How many times has someone posted a video criticizing FOX News by using Jon Stewart video from the Daily Show? Why don't they just use the video from FOX?

Also, read the poster's comments where he refers the viewers to Media Matters for more info on FOX News.


i agree, but i don't watch any of those channels (except sometimes the nbc nightly news which is garbage), nor do i watch jon stewart, but i have some friends who do so i can only post what they send me.  in my defense, i post stupid democrat garbage when i see it, like the hank johnson guam comment, cynthia mckinney stuff, etc.
rooster010 PM rooster010
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Mongolia
 
rooster010
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 8:03:04 PM
i dont understand how fox always decries the main stream media, are they not the most watched "news" network? is that not mainstream?
MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8286
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 10:59:55 PM
Fox News doesn't make you stupid?

The problem is the people who are following politics and worship today’s Republican Party are already morons to begin with. Then they watch Fox News and told their moronic thoughts are correct and are given a false reality. When someone stupid is telling someone they are smart then they don’t realize they are a moron. It’s a constant circle jerk of idiocracy.

cd329 PM cd329
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18789
United States
 
cd329
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 11:04:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Fox News doesn't make you stupid?

The problem is the people who are following politics and worship today’s Republican Party are already morons to begin with. Then they watch Fox News and told their moronic thoughts are correct and are given a false reality. When someone stupid is telling someone they are smart then they don’t realize they are a moron. It’s a constant circle jerk of idiocracy.



Bingo. You nailed that one
bowlslit PM bowlslit
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5625
Greece
 
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 11:38:02 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Fox News doesn't make you stupid?

The problem is the people who are following politics and worship today’s Republican Party are already morons to begin with. Then they watch Fox News and told their moronic thoughts are correct and are given a false reality. When someone stupid is telling someone they are smart then they don’t realize they are a moron. It’s a constant circle jerk of idiocracy.

Really? Cause I think the same way about alot of people from the left. Not all but alot.

I think you paint with a broad brush saying any person who worship the R's. Thats your oppinion but I think there are a few intelligent liberals scattered amongst the sheep.

Anybody that believes that gun laws will put a big dent in gun crimes is friggin banannas.

Anybody in line to collect Obama money, yep batty.

Anybody that really believes in the 'trickle up' economy, you guessed it...fruity.

Too bad you can't give legit credit to at least some smart conservatives. You'd certainly have more credibility that way.

What should I have expected from the guy that thinks the Arena Football League is just a good marketing plan away from being a solid league.

Lemme tell you somthing pumkin....don't matter what you do with the AFL it isn't gonna get people to watch it on TV in droves. NO WAY.

 

 

 

dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27626
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 11:41:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Fox News doesn't make you stupid?

The problem is the people who are following politics and worship today’s Republican Party are already morons to begin with. Then they watch Fox News and told their moronic thoughts are correct and are given a false reality. When someone stupid is telling someone they are smart then they don’t realize they are a moron. It’s a constant circle jerk of idiocracy.





and then watch them freak out as seen above
bowlslit PM bowlslit
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5625
Greece
 
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/21/2012 11:55:41 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by dl36:





and then watch them freak out as seen above

Sister, you haven't seen a freak out. Sometimes I think you've been possessed by a retarded ghost.

dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27626
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/22/2012 12:13:26 AM

Also, read the poster's comments where he refers the viewers to Media Matters for more info on FOX News.


[Quote: Originally Posted by potter36]


They would have to read the other thread to know what you are talking about...






MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8286
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/22/2012 12:15:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Really? Cause I think the same way about alot of people from the left. Not all but alot.

I think you paint with a broad brush saying any person who worship the R's. Thats your oppinion but I think there are a few intelligent liberals scattered amongst the sheep.

Anybody that believes that gun laws will put a big dent in gun crimes is friggin banannas.

Anybody in line to collect Obama money, yep batty.

Anybody that really believes in the 'trickle up' economy, you guessed it...fruity.

Too bad you can't give legit credit to at least some smart conservatives. You'd certainly have more credibility that way.

What should I have expected from the guy that thinks the Arena Football League is just a good marketing plan away from being a solid league.

Lemme tell you somthing pumkin....don't matter what you do with the AFL it isn't gonna get people to watch it on TV in droves. NO WAY.

 

 

 

I will give credit to Geraldo Rivera and John Stossel. They are the only people on the Fox News channel that actually have brains.

Like I said…I am 100 percent sure that the Sunday following the Super Bowl if Fox put up an arena league schedule. Made it Fox AFL Sunday, NBC had AFL Sunday night football, ESPN had AFL Monday night football and all the same markets as the NFL had a team to cheer for and were put on TV that it would work.

They also need to create AFL live, AFL match up, Inside the AFL, and AFL countdown shows and put the AFL on fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, and ESPN every week and get casinos to advertise and get the sports gambling world more interested in the AFL product. It sounds like to me it is a marketing problem. Without exposure and a story line to follow, it’s hard to follow.

What do I know right… I’m just a die hard degenerate sports fan. What do I know right… nothing I just said makes any sense?

Fellas

bowlslit PM bowlslit
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5625
Greece
 
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/22/2012 12:21:04 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

I will give credit to Geraldo Rivera and John Stossel. They are the only people on the Fox News channel that actually have brains.

Like I said…I am 100 percent sure that the Sunday following the Super Bowl if Fox put up an arena league schedule. Made it Fox AFL Sunday, NBC had AFL Sunday night football, ESPN had AFL Monday night football and all the same markets as the NFL had a team to cheer for and were put on TV that it would work.

They also need to create AFL live, AFL match up, Inside the AFL, and AFL countdown shows and put the AFL on fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, and ESPN every week and get casinos to advertise and get the sports gambling world more interested in the AFL product. It sounds like to me it is a marketing problem. Without exposure and a story line to follow, it’s hard to follow.

What do I know right… I’m just a die hard degenerate sports fan. What do I know right… nothing I just said makes any sense?

Fellas

I like football too but it just doesn't translate well to tv for me. I sometimes play madden online to get my football fix.

canovsp PM canovsp
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5702
United States
 
canovsp
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/22/2012 12:46:38 AM
Vegas is getting in on the political debate this year

A group of handicappers were asked these questions:

When asked what would be the Over/Under on liberals making references to FOX News before the upcoming election. The Over/Under was set at 872.

When asked what would be the Over/Under on conservatives making references to MSNBC before the upcoming election. The experts responded “What is MSNBC?”

Forum: Politics Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.