Great concert DVD's.....

Forum: Music Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Music] Topic: Great concert DVD's.....
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31333
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/13/2011 12:49:40 AM
 I have a pretty high-end HT & am always looking for good stuff. One thing I love is watching concert vids........as long as they're recorded well & the material is good. One of the best I've seen is "The Eagles" live from Melbourne........recorded very well. Also love Roger Waters "Live in the Flesh" although not recorded as well as the Eagles.....

 Anyone have any good ones? I know that the "Alice in Chains: Unplugged" is good, just haven't bought it yet.....

 
DaThunder84 PM DaThunder84
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 626
 
DaThunder84
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 5/13/2011 11:25:20 AM

Rush in Rio

Watched it dozens of times... One of Getty, Alex and Neil's best performances

hugh613 PM hugh613
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 8269
 
hugh613
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/13/2011 2:08:37 PM
I only own a handful on Blu-Ray, but these are the best I own...

Nine Inch Nails "Beside You In Time": If you own a HDTV, you owe it to yourself to get this one (even if you aren't that big of a fan). Unfucking real picture and sound, and definitely the best looking Blu-Ray I own.

Metallica "Francais Pour Un Nuit": Hard to track down a reasonably priced copy because it's an import (I ended up paying 40 bucks for it), but it's right up there with the NIN show.

The Killers "Live at Royal Albert Hall": Great show, only so-so presentation (the NIN and Metallica shows set the bar REAL high).

Apparently the Queen and David Gilmour Blu-Ray's are quite good as well, but I'm not a big enough fan of either to buy them, so you'll have to check them out for yourself.


THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31333
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/14/2011 12:29:28 PM
 Thanks gentlemen......

 I've seen the Killers & David Gilmour...
LanceLogan PM LanceLogan
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 5252
 
LanceLogan
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 7/23/2011 12:45:33 AM

Right on man,i'm a huge collector of that kind of garbage,got about a hunderd of em,small sample of my faves

Black Sabbath Last Supper-1998 reunion tour,friggin Geezers bass will rattle your house.

AC/DC Stiff Upper Lift Live-2001 tour

Iron Maiden Flight 666-A must for Maiden fans

Led Zeppelin-2 dvd set disc 1 1969 royal albert hall show,disc 2 various garbage from MSG and Earls Court and Knebworth.friggin killer spared no expense in restoring and remastering

Pink Floyd Pulse-2 dvd set,disc 2 is Dark side start to finish

Van Halen Live Without a Net-First tour with Sammy,mixed in DTS sounds killer

Pearl Jam Touring Band 2000,live at MSG,Immagine in Cornice,all killer,love PJ

The Big 4 live from Sonisphere-Full sets from Metallica,Slayer,Megadeth and Anthrax

Metallica-Live garbage and Binge.2dvd and 3 cd box set,not 5.1 mixed but still sounds good on prologic 2,1988 and 1991 shows.

Jimi Hendrix Live at the Isle of Wright,I think this was his last show ever,95% sure Jimi was ripped on blow for the show,dudes jaw was seriously grinding.

Work the youtube search engine and it's all there somewhere.

Runnin Mitch PM Runnin Mitch
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 608
 
Runnin Mitch
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 7/23/2011 2:06:45 AM
Last Waltz "The Band" : Even for just those people who sit in
Pink Floyd ' Live at Pompeii"
Gary Moore " Still Got the Blues"
Stones " Ladies & Gentleman The Rolling Stones" Texas 1972
I wish I could find the original AC/DC movie " Let There be Rock" with Bon Scott .Possibly Paris 1979.One of his last shows I think.
 The website of  Bill Graham estate Wolfgang's Vault" has some good and RARE vids on there. I just watched the Who at Tanglewoods 1970 the other day , Man !!! They have some good Santana and a lot other good stuff on there too.
LanceLogan PM LanceLogan
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 5252
 
LanceLogan
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 7/23/2011 3:18:11 AM
Yo Mitch,Let There Be Rock was just released on Blue Ray/DVD.
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 16540
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 7/23/2011 12:14:28 PM
Listen to Mitch he's spot on bout Bill Graham.
Runnin Mitch PM Runnin Mitch
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 608
 
Runnin Mitch
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 7/24/2011 2:43:48 AM
  Thanks guys!    I REALLY owe you one.  
  I am all over the original " Let There Be Rock " release. It really is the top of the top. Check it out. All joking aside it really is that good.
Killer_B PM Killer_B
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 4792
 
Killer_B
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 7/25/2011 12:08:41 AM
RUSH is Rio is a great concert DVD. The sound could've been better but the crowd participation was looked like it was from another planet.
I've never seen people into a show like those Brazilians! They sing along to instrumentals! Off the hook during YYZ.

BTW I saw RUSH twice in a week a month ago (Phoenix & Vegas). Incredible shows, true professionals. They played 26 songs both shows.
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31333
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 7/25/2011 8:09:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LanceLogan:

Right on man,i'm a huge collector of that kind of garbage,got about a hunderd of em,small sample of my faves

Black Sabbath Last Supper-1998 reunion tour,friggin Geezers bass will rattle your house.

AC/DC Stiff Upper Lift Live-2001 tour

Iron Maiden Flight 666-A must for Maiden fans

Led Zeppelin-2 dvd set disc 1 1969 royal albert hall show,disc 2 various garbage from MSG and Earls Court and Knebworth.friggin killer spared no expense in restoring and remastering

Pink Floyd Pulse-2 dvd set,disc 2 is Dark side start to finish

Van Halen Live Without a Net-First tour with Sammy,mixed in DTS sounds killer

Pearl Jam Touring Band 2000,live at MSG,Immagine in Cornice,all killer,love PJ

The Big 4 live from Sonisphere-Full sets from Metallica,Slayer,Megadeth and Anthrax

Metallica-Live garbage and Binge.2dvd and 3 cd box set,not 5.1 mixed but still sounds good on prologic 2,1988 and 1991 shows.

Jimi Hendrix Live at the Isle of Wright,I think this was his last show ever,95% sure Jimi was ripped on blow for the show,dudes jaw was seriously grinding.

Work the youtube search engine and it's all there somewhere.


 Thanks.......I've seen all those except BSabbath & Iron Maiden.........some are pretty good.
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31333
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 7/25/2011 8:18:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Runnin Mitch:

Last Waltz "The Band" : Even for just those people who sit in
Pink Floyd ' Live at Pompeii"
Gary Moore " Still Got the Blues"
Stones " Ladies & Gentleman The Rolling Stones" Texas 1972
I wish I could find the original AC/DC movie " Let There be Rock" with Bon Scott .Possibly Paris 1979.One of his last shows I think.
 The website of  Bill Graham estate Wolfgang's Vault" has some good and RARE vids on there. I just watched the Who at Tanglewoods 1970 the other day , Man !!! They have some good Santana and a lot other good stuff on there too.


 I've seen all those except Gary Moore..................the problem with the older vids is they just don't transfer very well, mostly the video. It's too bad really........either the video or the sound is of poor quality or the camera work was bad. Some of the best concerts I've seen were quite a while ago & copies of them just aren't real good. I still enjoy them but there's nothing like a clean crisp picture & sound to give you that "Live!- In your living room"  feeling.
jmw59 PM jmw59
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 14142
 
jmw59
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 7/31/2011 8:28:41 AM
THE CURE Trilogy
Dutch1976 PM Dutch1976
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1863
 
Dutch1976
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 8/6/2011 4:17:05 PM

Wish I could find this concert on DVD

Radiohead in Paris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfS_ifGnzvc

picc818 PM picc818
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 2594
 
picc818
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 8/18/2011 11:28:07 PM
checked out the 12 part Black Sabbath Last Supper video on you tube. incredible!!!
THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31333
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 8/20/2011 12:56:54 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by picc818:

checked out the 12 part Black Sabbath Last Supper video on you tube. incredible!!!


 Heard about it..........a must see

jmw..........is that the one they've shown on Palladium? If so I agree.........the half I saw was good. 

 Thanks all........got some stuff to look for
Steve_Holt PM Steve_Holt
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1570
 
Steve_Holt
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/26/2011 8:06:47 PM
Thought I'd share. On Aug 30th they're releasing 4 movies in 1. Incredibly cheap too at $16. It includes Bob Dylan's "No Direction Home", Neil Young's "Heart of Gold", The Rolling Stone's "Shine a Light", and U2's "Rattle and Hum."

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Roll-Backstage-Pass-Four-Movie/dp/B0054QD5CK/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1314403160&sr=1-1
gers PM gers
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8720
 
gers
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 8/27/2011 10:04:58 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

 Thanks gentlemen......

 I've seen the Killers & David Gilmour...

http://youtu.be/5qB7y16A14A

 

 

WRECKEDEM PM WRECKEDEM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 977
 
WRECKEDEM
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 9/1/2011 3:58:50 PM
anything by Rory Gallagher

and of course anything that has to do with grown men wearing makeup and high heeled boots
richnyc PM richnyc
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 45
 
richnyc
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 9/23/2011 1:12:31 AM
ozzy live in budakon
gers PM gers
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8720
 
gers
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 9/26/2011 6:36:46 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gers:

http://youtu.be/5qB7y16A14A

 

 

Scorpions live at Wacken Uli Jon Roth returns to play some scorpion oldies.

Jose_Reyes PM Jose_Reyes
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 20350
 
Jose_Reyes
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 11/6/2011 8:54:04 PM
Truckin up to Buffalo is one of my faves.  A good mix of Bobby Weir tunes and classic Dead songs.
pardo3 PM pardo3
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 79
 
pardo3
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/8/2011 8:18:06 AM
Widespread Panic at Oak Mountain 2000
dude1618 PM dude1618
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 727
 
dude1618
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 11/14/2011 11:55:49 AM
WEEN Live in Chicago
FadeOnly PM FadeOnly
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 16170
 
FadeOnly
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 11/15/2011 11:14:43 PM
Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been

Rammstein - Live Aus Berlin

Rage Against The Machine - (i dont remember what its called, but its the last live performance they recorded.)

Mudvayne - L.D. 50 (Also the name of their first album, the show takes place in their home town.  They play the entire debut album minus one song.)

Slipknot - Disasterpieces


Forum: Music Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.