UFC 144 Plays - A New Champ To Be Crowned?

Forum: Mixed Martial Arts Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [Mixed Martial Arts] Topic: UFC 144 Plays - A New Champ To Be Crowned?
MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6706
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:37:12 AM
Man, I am on a lot of dogs tonight...
 
Here are the plays:
 
1.  Ben Henderson (+130) over Frankie Edgar.  Risking 10 units to win 13 units.  Everyone and their mother-in-law seems to be on Frankie.  However, I have a gut feeling that Henderson is going to be able to outmuscle Frankie here and make this his kind of fight. 
 
2.  Parlay of Takeya Mizugaki over Chris Cariaso, Yushin Okami over Tim Boetsch and Jake Shields over Yoshihiro Akiyama.  Risking 6 units to win 8.5 units.
 
3.  Parlay of Hatsu Hioki over Bart Palaszewski and Anthony Pettis over Joe Lauzon.  Risking 3 units to win 3.6 units. 
 
4.  Ryan Bader (+200) over Rampage Jackson.  Risking 1 unit to win 2 units.  I was going to be hammering Rampage until he showed up at the weigh-ins looking like garbage and coming in 6lbs over weight.  I have to believe there is an injury or something up here.
 
5.  Steve Cantwell (+250) over Riki Fukuda.  Risking 1 unit to win 2.5 units.  Riki is coming off a long injury layoff and the rumours I am hearing are stating that Riki is still not 100% and did not have a good training camp.
 
6.  Eiji Mitsuoka (+175) over Takanor Gomi.  Risking 1 unit to win 1.75 units. 
 
7.  Mark Hunt (+250) over Cheick Kongo.  Risking 1 unit to win 2.5 units.   Kongo also looked awful at the weigh-ins.  Very slow walk up the stairs, took forever to get his clothes off, and needed help from his corner to keep his balance when taking his jeans off.  All very rare for Kongo.  40 lbs weight advantage for Hunt + his improved takedown defense leads me to believe he has a shot at another upset win here.
 
8.  Vaughn Lee (+250) over Kid Yamamoto.  Risking 1 unit to win 2.5 units.
 
9.  Issei Tamura (+200) over Tie Quan Zhang.  Risking 1 unit to win 2 units.
 
BOL to everyone with your plays!!!
MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6706
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:37:38 AM
YTD Record:
Overall: 28-21, +14.85 Units
UFC: 25-19, +10.55 Units
Strikeforce: 3-2, +4.30 Units
Final 2011 Record: 148-132-3, +123.55 Units 
Final 2010 Record: 115-119-3, +11.25 Units 
Final 2009 Record: 80-82-1, +23.75 Units 
sharpstick PM sharpstick
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8523
 
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:38:59 AM
Best of luck. All over Henderson too.
Posted using a mobile device.
MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6706
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:47:55 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by sharpstick:

Best of luck. All over Henderson too.

Happy we are on the same side.

What line do you currently have posted where you work?

ctm1985 PM ctm1985
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1878
 
ctm1985
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/25/2012 1:00:20 AM
Glad you like Okami, Pettis, and HUNT  Kongo did look pretty bad at the weigh-in, hopefully something is up.

And yeah Rampage coming in that much over was something.  I read a quote from him saying he was injured, couldn't cut the weight properly, but is 'pretty much healed up now'.  Bleh.  I'm still thinking he'll KO Bader but I'm glad I played it small.

But yes nice looking card, good luck tomorrow   I'm going to be celebrating with my mother-in-law after that main event though
MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6706
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 1:06:24 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ctm1985:

Glad you like Okami, Pettis, and HUNT  Kongo did look pretty bad at the weigh-in, hopefully something is up.

And yeah Rampage coming in that much over was something.  I read a quote from him saying he was injured, couldn't cut the weight properly, but is 'pretty much healed up now'.  Bleh.  I'm still thinking he'll KO Bader but I'm glad I played it small.

But yes nice looking card, good luck tomorrow   I'm going to be celebrating with my mother-in-law after that main event though

All kidding a side, I think Henderson and Frankie is going to be a really good fight.  I see a lot of great arguments for both fighters in other people's forums....

sharpstick PM sharpstick
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8523
 
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 1:07:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MR219:

Happy we are on the same side.

What line do you currently have posted where you work?


Check PM.
MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6706
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 1:12:26 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sharpstick:


Check PM.

jonnyg4508 PM jonnyg4508
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 510
 
jonnyg4508
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 2/25/2012 6:27:12 AM
I think Rampage's fatness is from him just enjoying Japan and not giving a darn.  It was better for him to say darn the last 6 lbs than it was to drain himself to try and make it.  Who knows though, you would like to think there was an injury behind it, because that is just unprofessional. 

I LOVE the Hunt play.  But not sure what you mean Kongo looked slow and bad?  He always walks around like he is king of the land and takes his sweet old time.  Why would he be in bad shape?  He doesn't even cut weight?

Good Luck!
416bet PM 416bet
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1581
 
416bet
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/25/2012 8:29:10 AM
deserted PM deserted
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 685
 
deserted
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:23:36 AM
GL I hope they bust out some pride rules for this ufc
keven vanlith PM keven vanlith
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1429
 
keven vanlith
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:44:30 AM
Frankie will not penetrate Bens incredable strike defence

An ave. of 4 strikes a round ag. 4 STRIKES in his 3 fights in the UFC

UD

49-46 48-47 49-46

and NEEEEEEEEEEW
tmurda666 PM tmurda666
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1176
 
tmurda666
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:50:16 AM
takanori gomi, joe lauzon, yushin okami, jake shields, chech kongo, rampage, bendo...
Qncyk1 PM Qncyk1
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1238
 
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:53:43 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by jonnyg4508:

I think Rampage's fatness is from him just enjoying Japan and not giving a darn.  It was better for him to say darn the last 6 lbs than it was to drain himself to try and make it.  Who knows though, you would like to think there was an injury behind it, because that is just unprofessional. 

I LOVE the Hunt play.  But not sure what you mean Kongo looked slow and bad?  He always walks around like he is king of the land and takes his sweet old time.  Why would he be in bad shape?  He doesn't even cut weight?

Good Luck!

agreed. rampage just doesnt care as this is probably his last fight. he has always showed respect to his opponents and to the sport and to my knowledge has never missed weight.

if bader can make it out of the first round he wins.

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6706
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:37:46 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by jonnyg4508:

I think Rampage's fatness is from him just enjoying Japan and not giving a darn.  It was better for him to say darn the last 6 lbs than it was to drain himself to try and make it.  Who knows though, you would like to think there was an injury behind it, because that is just unprofessional. 

I LOVE the Hunt play.  But not sure what you mean Kongo looked slow and bad?  He always walks around like he is king of the land and takes his sweet old time.  Why would he be in bad shape?  He doesn't even cut weight?

Good Luck!

Rampage has confirmed that he was injured in camp...

I am not saying that Kongo was out of shape.  He just flat out looked lethargic to me.  Perhaps it was the travel...

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6706
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:38:11 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by 416bet:

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6706
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:39:11 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by deserted:

GL I hope they bust out some pride rules for this ufc

I just started playing the new UFC Undisputed 3 on PS3 and the Pride arena and rules are f*cking hillarious!!!

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6706
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:40:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by keven vanlith:

Frankie will not penetrate Bens incredable strike defence

An ave. of 4 strikes a round ag. 4 STRIKES in his 3 fights in the UFC

UD

49-46 48-47 49-46

and NEEEEEEEEEEW

Hope we are both right!!!

MR219 PM MR219
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6706
 
MR219
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:42:32 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by tmurda666:

takanori gomi, joe lauzon, yushin okami, jake shields, chech kongo, rampage, bendo...

Seriously dude, why are you posting this in everyone's thread....

You can start your own thread...

jonnyg4508 PM jonnyg4508
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 510
 
jonnyg4508
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:43:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MR219:

Rampage has confirmed that he was injured in camp...

I am not saying that Kongo was out of shape.  He just flat out looked lethargic to me.  Perhaps it was the travel...



I was just figuring Rampage said he had an injury pretty much as an excuse as to why he missed weight.  But it looks like it was confirmed. 

To me Kongo always looks lethargic.  He struts around thinking he is hot garbage.  He always seems to walk around slow.  He was running around and joking around a bunch earlier in the week in Japan.

Good Luck, should be a good card.
sharpstick PM sharpstick
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8523
 
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:57:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MR219:

Seriously dude, why are you posting this in everyone's thread....

You can start your own thread...


This garbage is unreal.  The same copy and pasted line of his picks...
sawman PM sawman
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 5100
 
sawman
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/25/2012 1:34:48 PM
Good luck bro. We're on opposites this card so I'm not likin my chances. Should be fun night o scraps tho
Posted using a mobile device.
The_HOFF PM The_HOFF
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1132
 
The_HOFF
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/25/2012 2:30:56 PM
We are both on Henderson as a big play. Finally. Good luck tonight.
416bet PM 416bet
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1581
 
416bet
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/25/2012 2:59:30 PM
Gimmmethatjuice PM Gimmmethatjuice
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 127
 
Gimmmethatjuice
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 2/25/2012 3:35:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MR219:

Rampage has confirmed that he was injured in camp...

I am not saying that Kongo was out of shape.  He just flat out looked lethargic to me.  Perhaps it was the travel...


Of course he's gonna blame it on an injury. Do u really think he's just gonna come out and say hè didnt train all that much and didnt care About making weight?? Hè saw how pissed white was About Johnson missing weight, hè just thinks he's gonna walk through bader and didnt bother to train.  If bader can survive the first I think rampage will gas. GL on your card.
Forum: Mixed Martial Arts Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.