Messages

Forum Index : Mixed Martial Arts : Messages
Author: [Mixed Martial Arts] Topic: Kongo decision +535
gsprush send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
gsprush
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2034
Location: Ontario
#1
Posted: 10/6/2011 2:28:14 PM
The value here, compared to the moneyline of +120, is INSANE. Doubt Mitrione gets stopped.
quote
sirchadwick1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bodog |
sirchadwick1
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 264
Location:
#2
Posted: 10/6/2011 5:56:59 PM
I like Mitrione to win... but I agree the value of Kongo by DEC at +535 is nice and I may use it as a hedge along w/ my 5u play on Meathead.
quote
Qncyk1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1059
Location: Mexico
#3
Posted: 10/6/2011 6:24:12 PM

before the barry/kongo fight, dana said that all non-title main event fights signed from that point on were going to be five round fights.

neither mittrione nor kongo have been five rounds.

and they more than likely wont go the full  five rounds on October29th.

kudos to dana for incorporating this new format to help eliminate some of the horrible judging we have witnessed in the last two years.

quote
sawman send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sawman
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3949
Location: Alberta
#4
Posted: 10/6/2011 6:30:44 PM
Meathead by KO. I will load up on that when the prop is available
quote
gsprush send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
gsprush
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2034
Location: Ontario
#5
Posted: 10/6/2011 7:15:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Qncyk1:

before the barry/kongo fight, dana said that all non-title main event fights signed from that point on were going to be five round fights.

neither mittrione nor kongo have been five rounds.

and they more than likely wont go the full  five rounds on October29th.

kudos to dana for incorporating this new format to help eliminate some of the horrible judging we have witnessed in the last two years.



Mitrione/Kongo isn't even close to a main event fight for a PPV. It's 3 rounds.
quote
Qncyk1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1059
Location: Mexico
#6
Posted: 10/6/2011 7:59:27 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by gsprush:



Mitrione/Kongo isn't even close to a main event fight for a PPV. It's 3 rounds.

www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/09/white-non-title-main-events-to-be-five-rounds-ufc-adding-125er

are you sure?

barry/kongo was the main event of ufc live4 and now a main event fight to my understanding is any televised fight, whether it is title or non-title. mittrione/kongo will definately be televised.

i would make sure because the chances of mittrione/kongo going five rounds is pretty slim. they are both great strikers and do not like going to the ground. if this fight is  a five-rounder, which i am sure it is, you have made a statistically very bad bet.

quote
GOODNIGHTIRENE send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
GOODNIGHTIRENE
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 8
Location:
#7
Posted: 10/6/2011 8:33:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Qncyk1:

www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/09/white-non-title-main-events-to-be-five-rounds-ufc-adding-125er

are you sure?

barry/kongo was the main event of ufc live4 and now a main event fight to my understanding is any televised fight, whether it is title or non-title. mittrione/kongo will definately be televised.

i would make sure because the chances of mittrione/kongo going five rounds is pretty slim. they are both great strikers and do not like going to the ground. if this fight is  a five-rounder, which i am sure it is, you have made a statistically very bad bet.


kongo vs mitrione isnt a main event.seriously... how can you bet on mma and not know garbage like this
quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8671
Location:
#8
Posted: 10/6/2011 8:57:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Qncyk1:

www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/09/white-non-title-main-events-to-be-five-rounds-ufc-adding-125er

are you sure?

barry/kongo was the main event of ufc live4 and now a main event fight to my understanding is any televised fight, whether it is title or non-title. mittrione/kongo will definately be televised.

i would make sure because the chances of mittrione/kongo going five rounds is pretty slim. they are both great strikers and do not like going to the ground. if this fight is  a five-rounder, which i am sure it is, you have made a statistically very bad bet.





There's a slight difference between "main card" and "main event".
Typically the difference is four fights. Did you really think every televised fight would be 5 rounds.
quote
Qncyk1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1059
Location: Mexico
#9
Posted: 10/6/2011 9:00:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GOODNIGHTIRENE:


kongo vs mitrione isnt a main event.seriously... how can you bet on mma and not know garbage like this

i dont think you read the Dana White interview correctly.

"From this day forward, any fight that is signed after right now today will be a five-round fight," White said.

This was before the Kongo/Barry fight. Now unless the Kongo/Mittrione fight was signed before this revelation then it could be a three-round fight. This, I highly doubt.

Also, I did not say it was the main event. It only has to be on the main event televised card to qualify as a five-round fight.

You would have to be someone who has never bet on MMA to think that Kongo/Mittrione will not be televised.

 

 

quote
Qncyk1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1059
Location: Mexico
#10
Posted: 10/6/2011 9:14:24 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by esplanade:





There's a slight difference between "main card" and "main event".
Typically the difference is four fights. Did you really think every televised fight would be 5 rounds.

 

"From this day forward," all non-title main event bouts in the UFC would be five-round affairs giveng the fighters at the top of the cards an extra two rounds to battle out from now on.

Kongo/Mittrione is not going to be considered a main event bout?

Penn/Diaz

Nelson/Mirko

Kongo/Mittrione

Kongo/Mittrione has way more signifigance than Mirko/Nelson(washed up/gatekeeper,respectively) and I would bet even that is five rounds.

Kongo is still considered a contender and Mittrione is no longer a prospect but a title hopeful.

quote
sharpstick send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: M Resort |
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8117
Location: Nevada
#11
Posted: 10/7/2011 2:33:09 AM
quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8671
Location:
#12
Posted: 10/7/2011 10:32:31 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Qncyk1:

 

"From this day forward," all non-title main event bouts in the UFC would be five-round affairs giveng the fighters at the top of the cards an extra two rounds to battle out from now on.

Kongo/Mittrione is not going to be considered a main event bout?

Penn/Diaz

Nelson/Mirko

Kongo/Mittrione

Kongo/Mittrione has way more signifigance than Mirko/Nelson(washed up/gatekeeper,respectively) and I would bet even that is five rounds.

Kongo is still considered a contender and Mittrione is no longer a prospect but a title hopeful.



The main event on that card is GSP/Condit. Yes it will be 5 rounds.
/thread
quote
Qncyk1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1059
Location: Mexico
#13
Posted: 10/7/2011 11:38:37 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by esplanade:



The main event on that card is GSP/Condit. Yes it will be 5 rounds.
/thread

i read too much into it. just the non-title main events will be five rounds.

kongo at +535 decision is great value as kongo's last three of five have went to the cards.

sorry for the confusion, TS.

quote
Forum Index : Mixed Martial Arts : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.