How bad is the... MLS's Toronto Football Club?
When three Toronto FC players were arrested for public intoxication outside a Houston bar in the early hours of Monday morning, it was the last thing TFC needed.
Toronto is an MLS-worst 1-10-0 this season heading into Wednesday night's match against the Houston Dynamo. Miguel Aceval, Nick Soolsma and Luis Silva were jailed after the incident early Monday in the parking lot of the Club Escobar and as of Tuesday morning, remain with the club.
The news comes about a week after coach Aron Winter stepped down following the horrid start to the season.
So just how bad are TFC? So bad, we're actually writing about the MLS in the middle of Euro 2012. Here's a closer examination of the numbers:
- You'd be down $900 if you bet $100 TFC to win in each game they've played so far this season.
- Their nine-game losing streak to start the season is the worst in league history.
- They have been outscored 21-8 this season.
- If you bet $100 against them every game this season in three-way betting, you'd be up $1,210.
- According to a Canadian Press report, Police said one player tried to flee the scene on foot Monday morning. But he was caught. After failing to outrun a policeman.