Search model icon

Sam Darnold Traded

Participants:
Views: 312

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

to the Panthers for a 6th round pick in 2021 along with a 2nd & 4th in 2022.

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

Might be a steal for the Panthers ...

I think Darnold has untapped potential being that he was stuck on a garbage team throwing to arena league talent. 

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

@DoubleUp4Life

If Darnold had any sign of major upside..Jest and the new front office would have kept him...He is trash...He won't beat out Bridgewater....Look at the  returns the Jets got for Darnold.  Could not even muster up a 1st round pick in return. 

Scary Cat DO

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Darnold aint great

overpay by carolina, figured a 2nd alone should have done it, didnt need to added that 2022 4th

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Swing passes to McCaffrey & his YAC will make Darnold's stats better but his INT's will still be a major issue.

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Darnold will be with a real football coach in Matt Rhule. Looks like Carolina stole Darnold!

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Are there Ghosts in Carolina as well?  

Scary Cat DO

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

might be moving on to another team in a couple years.. and eventually journeyman backup... an_violin

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Quote Originally Posted by davemsh:

@DoubleUp4Life   If Darnold had any sign of major upside..Jest and the new front office would have kept him...He is trash...He won't beat out Bridgewater....Look at the  returns the Jets got for Darnold.  Could not even muster up a 1st round pick in return.

Jets send all their best players out of town .Franchise is a mess .

I can't remember when the last time the Jersey Jets had an all pro on offense , Al Toon ??? Jk .

Darnold is only 23 , steps into a much better situation...

Bridgewater should be shipped , but his base salary is high especially during this low cap year ...

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

23  Quote Originally Posted by davemsh: @DoubleUp4Life   If Darnold had any sign of major upside..Jest and the new front office would have kept him...He is trash...He won't beat out Bridgewater....Look at the  returns the Jets got for Darnold.  Could not even muster up a 1st round pick in return. Jets send all their best players out of town .Franchise is a mess . I can't remember when the last time the Jersey Jets had an all pro on offense , Al Toon ??? Jk . Darnold is only 23 , steps into a much better situation... Bridgewater should be shipped , but his base salary is high especially during this low cap year ...

Darnold is entering his 4th year...He better produce big time...Never seen a QB get this much a a leash...His not some can't miss talent....Regardless of talent on the jets..I have seen too many WTF plays from darnold that had nothing to do with talent on the field.  Great pass protection and noone in his face and he throws it right to the defender....But it must be Adam Gase's fault for not teachim him how to read a defense.  Go back to his USC years.. he was a turnover machine...26 td's and 13 INT' in 2017....surprisedsurprisedan_woo..Guess what he is doing in the NFL..

Scary Cat DO

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

Matt Rhule and that owner and front office are going to a Superbowl before anyone knows what hit them.peace_5

God is Good and the Ball don't Lie.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

-

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKtheBANKss:

Matt Rhule and that owner and front office are going to a Superbowl before anyone knows what hit them.

I agree with that Frank, Bridgewaters second year with the team should pay dividends, hopefully they  address the defensive needs.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

Some guys need time to develop. He's younger than Joe Borrow. I think Carolina hoodwinked the Jets.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

@FRANKtheBANKss

The Baylor Connection peace_5

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

@Crusher13

Or Temple an_roll_laughWhat Rhule did at Temple was very impressive.  He is a player's coach but is kind of a hardass coach. A fine line to walk. If the Panthers don't work out he will nab a high profile CFB job the next year.  He doesn't seem to get too much credit for his work at Temple, Baylor and with Carolina who were supposed to be tanking and had a slew of major injuries but were a tough out every Sunday especially vs the better teams.  Rhule seems to get the most out of second tier players. He hires Xs and Os guys and seems to be a good fit if Darnold is to get a second chance to establish himself as a QB1 in the NFL. Plus Carolina doesn't carry all the pressure and spotlight for Darnold he can just get a fresh start with a team that people rarely talk about and with TB12 and the SB Champs, all back it will lessen the demand for a huge jump for Darnold or Teddy two gloves if he stays with the team. 

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

Darnold should fare better offensively with McCaffrey, DJ Moore and Robby Anderson(whom he should be familiar with already). may be a good fit who knows. if they can get big guys to pass protect it'll do wonders cuz he is garbage under pressure.

maybe Panthers to make the playoffs future might be a good bet. an_light

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

Don't tell me Darnold is a better option at QB than Teddy Bridgewater because he's not!

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #19

Don't tell me Darnold is a better option at QB than Teddy Bridgewater because he's not!

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #20

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaCup:

He is.peace_5

Sharp as a spoon

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #21

@CanadaCup

We shall see, Panthers think so but who knows until it happens.  Saints should get Bridgewater back asap. 

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #22

Quote Originally Posted by benhogan76:

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaCup: Don't tell me Darnold is a better option at QB than Teddy Bridgewater because he's not!He is.

I've seen enough of Darnold the past 3 seasons against my Bills and he couldn't even beat Matt Barkley when Josh was injured.

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #23

@FRANKtheBANKss

Agreed another option for Teddy would be the Patriots or Steelers. Hopefully it's not the Texans that organization is a mess!

All-Star
Participation Meter
Posted: #24

Quote Originally Posted by benhogan76: Quote Originally Posted by CanadaCup: Don't tell me Darnold is a better option at QB than Teddy Bridgewater because he's not!He is. I've seen enough of Darnold the past 3 seasons against my Bills and he was outplayed by Matt Barkley when Josh was injured.

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #25

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaCup: Quote Originally Posted by benhogan76: Quote Originally Posted by CanadaCup: Don't tell me Darnold is a better option at QB than Teddy Bridgewater because he's not!He is. I've seen enough of Darnold the past 3 seasons against my Bills and he was outplayed by Matt Barkley when Josh was injured.
We will see.peace_5  

Sharp as a spoon
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo