New forums are going live April 23, 2018. Check it out for yourself.

Serious Streak Survivor Strategies

Forum: Streak Survivor Page 467 of 558 «  465 466 467 468 469   »
Author: [Streak Survivor] Topic: Serious Streak Survivor Strategies
MRJLX PM MRJLX
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 396
 
MRJLX
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#11651
Posted: 8/2/2013 1:11:29 AM
Streak Strategy?   don't make a pick for the heck of it... if you are on a roll.   If the opportunity isn't there... don't force a pick.

now the Streak Survivor is a two head monster with a normal streak and total monthly wins for 

at some point.. usually 13-15 wins in a row....you have to make the decision to go for the big streak or monthly... both tough to do at the same time. 

good luck to all 
Chevyguy24 PM Chevyguy24
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7115
 
Chevyguy24
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#11652
Posted: 8/2/2013 9:17:57 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:


With the spirit of T99's post in mind I'm breaking out the CEPP theory for Friday. I'm 8-1 playing this angle. Just a reminder it's the Central and Eastern Time Zone teams playing in the Pacific Time Zone. CEPP play for Friday is the L.A. Angels over Toronto. Take it and let's get this party started. 
.   Sounds good I'll follow that
T99 PM T99
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 342
 
T99
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#11653
Posted: 8/2/2013 12:56:48 PM
Would the Yankees qualify for your theory smooth?  We don't all want to be taking the same bet every day if others are available --- I am so depressed with the Jays I don't even like betting any game they are involved in -----------------besides, they lost the 1st to the Athletics, then won the next 2. Gibbons should not have even started Johnson last night after admitting he has been dealing with a knee problem the entire year Angels look good though, but so do the Yanks if they qualify                                                                                                                                        
Chevyguy24 PM Chevyguy24
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7115
 
Chevyguy24
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#11654
Posted: 8/3/2013 9:34:32 AM
Going with the Rangers for 2
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 7280
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#11655
Posted: 8/3/2013 1:58:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by T99:

Would the Yankees qualify for your theory smooth?  We don't all want to be taking the same bet every day if others are available --- I am so depressed with the Jays I don't even like betting any game they are involved in -----------------besides, they lost the 1st to the Athletics, then won the next 2. Gibbons should not have even started Johnson last night after admitting he has been dealing with a knee problem the entire year Angels look good though, but so do the Yanks if they qualify                                                                                                                                        
Unfortunately being a huge Yankee fan I must recuse myself but yes the Yankees would have qualified last night but i will never bet against my Yankees.
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 7280
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#11656
Posted: 8/3/2013 2:09:15 PM
The CEPP theory is now 9-1 on Survivor. There is more to it than just taking any game automatically. As I pointed out when I first tested this theory I look at other factors as well. The first game of the series is a  strong play for the Pacific Time Zone teams. There are other factors I look at as well but I don't want to get all technical with it. When I use this angle I will let you guys know. 
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 7280
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#11657
Posted: 8/3/2013 2:18:21 PM
You guys know me I'm going to keep it simple and not dazzle you with Bullsh**t like some people on this site. Some of these other threads kill me with that crap. A guy will start posting about his theory and the minute he starts winning people start asking all kinds of questions and then it becomes a debate. Once the losing starts they turn on him like they paid the poor guy money or something.

As for me If I have an angle that works I post about it. If it can't sustain a 60% win I will not keep promoting it. The beauty of the $25 Dime Club is that we have avoided the toxic mess that happens on other threads. Anybody is free to post any angle, theory, or betting system they want without the fear of being criticized and skewed for it win or lose.


smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 7280
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#11658
Posted: 8/3/2013 2:25:51 PM
T99-The Blue Jays and the Angels are perfect examples of how the classic argument about "buying Championships" is BS. People like to throw that at the Yankee Nation all the time. I have always said it takes more than money to win. Baseball history has proven that time and again. Yes the Yankees have been big spenders but they also have had a solid farm system to keep us in contention.

This year is a perfect example of that. Things are kinda going south now but the job Giradi has done with all these injuries and the whole Arod debacle has been excellent. I tip my hat off to Giradi and the class he has shown. 

In my opinion after the Dodgers spent all that money. It didn't mean didly squat until Puig came up and showed a passion for Dodger baseball not seen since Fernando mania captivated L.A. The Dodgers went from last to first and I firmly believe its because of Puig and the energy he bought to the team. I know he definitely saved Mattingly's job because believe me Donnie boy was on his way out.
rmcglen84 PM rmcglen84
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 39
 
rmcglen84
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#11659
Posted: 8/4/2013 12:07:17 AM
Been member on covers for a long time. You know Matthew Berry? You can play against him and I for free every Friday and Sunday. Free to sign-up. They have free leagues also.  http://www.draftstreet.com/l/Berry_MLB.aspx?pid=305&r=aceinthehole&subid= 
Plisskin76 PM Plisskin76
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3147
 
Plisskin76
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#11660
Posted: 8/4/2013 4:21:48 PM

Hi Smooth!

Dallas +3 tonite

Plisskin76 PM Plisskin76
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3147
 
Plisskin76
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#11661
Posted: 8/4/2013 4:23:57 PM
Crush, you want to meet up in a couple week's on a weekend and sign up for the nfl eliminator? We can hang out a bit at GVR book.
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 7280
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#11662
Posted: 8/4/2013 7:34:06 PM
Now that August is well underway it's time to start looking for teams to fade. The Angels with their bloated payroll are going nowhere and are prime candidates for fade material. I'm going with Texas on Monday to beat the Angels as the Dog Days of Summer hit high gear. 
MRJLX PM MRJLX
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 396
 
MRJLX
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#11663
Posted: 8/4/2013 9:25:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

T99-The Blue Jays and the Angels are perfect examples of how the classic argument about "buying Championships" is BS. People like to throw that at the Yankee Nation all the time. I have always said it takes more than money to win. Baseball history has proven that time and again. Yes the Yankees have been big spenders but they also have had a solid farm system to keep us in contention.

This year is a perfect example of that. Things are kinda going south now but the job Giradi has done with all these injuries and the whole Arod debacle has been excellent. I tip my hat off to Giradi and the class he has shown. 

In my opinion after the Dodgers spent all that money. It didn't mean didly squat until Puig came up and showed a passion for Dodger baseball not seen since Fernando mania captivated L.A. The Dodgers went from last to first and I firmly believe its because of Puig and the energy he bought to the team. I know he definitely saved Mattingly's job because believe me Donnie boy was on his way out.

Yankees have the highest payroll for years but only won one World Series in the last 10 years.  Manny Ramirez saved the Dodger's GM job awhile back and now Puig saved Mattingly's job like you mentioned.  Dodgers did nothing for awhile and now everybody is riding the train to the World Series.

oh yeah.. I hate the Dodgers but I'm a realist too... I've been betting on them, picking them on Survivior and still winning 
I can't jinx this team 

so yes... money can't buy championships but the Dodgers are making a hard argument this season. 
Crushalot has to be enjoying this Dodgers team. 

Angels have spent a lot of $$ on their players but it looks they are not going to get good returns on Pujols or Hamilton. 

my team to fade might be my Giants.   looks like they are going to try new pitchers in the near future since they won't be in contention anytime soon....but I agree SmoothD... Angels are in that list also.  
T99 PM T99
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 342
 
T99
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#11664
Posted: 8/4/2013 9:41:20 PM
good start to the month smooth                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               might be tailing you 
crushalot22 PM crushalot22
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2691
 
crushalot22
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#11665
Posted: 8/4/2013 10:06:01 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Plisskin76:

Crush, you want to meet up in a couple week's on a weekend and sign up for the nfl eliminator? We can hang out a bit at GVR book.

 

Sounds great,  Plisskin.   Let me know when you want to go and I will make it happen.

crushalot22 PM crushalot22
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2691
 
crushalot22
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#11666
Posted: 8/4/2013 10:47:26 PM

A buddy of mine here in Vegas is from San Diego.  He's a big Charger,  Padre fan.  We've been talking about going to see the Dodgers and Padres for a while now.  So he sets it up for Labor Day weekend.  He got the hookup for a nice hotel by the beach.  Also says we can get a deal on playing golf at Torrey Pines.  Sounds F'n awesome.  I get to golf,  soak up the sun on the beach and watch the Dodgers whoop up on the Padres.....So now 2 more buddies are going,  3rd Pig and Sammy the Bull ( their Covers name) Party Time!

Then Mr. Padre fan tells me he F'ed up......The padres are playing in Los Angeles,  not San Diego.....And we will not be able to attend the game....

  Oh,  hell no.....  I will be going to L.A for the Padre @ss kikn. 

Now if I can only get Denise Milani to join me I will be in heaven.  

smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 7280
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#11667
Posted: 8/5/2013 5:38:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by crushalot22:

A buddy of mine here in Vegas is from San Diego.  He's a big Charger,  Padre fan.  We've been talking about going to see the Dodgers and Padres for a while now.  So he sets it up for Labor Day weekend.  He got the hookup for a nice hotel by the beach.  Also says we can get a deal on playing golf at Torrey Pines.  Sounds F'n awesome.  I get to golf,  soak up the sun on the beach and watch the Dodgers whoop up on the Padres.....So now 2 more buddies are going,  3rd Pig and Sammy the Bull ( their Covers name) Party Time!

Then Mr. Padre fan tells me he F'ed up......The padres are playing in Los Angeles,  not San Diego.....And we will not be able to attend the game....

  Oh,  hell no.....  I will be going to L.A for the Padre @ss kikn. 

Now if I can only get Denise Milani to join me I will be in heaven.  

Funny as hell!   
Freya PM Freya
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 7
 
Freya
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#11668
Posted: 8/5/2013 5:56:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

You guys know me I'm going to keep it simple and not dazzle you with Bullsh**t like some people on this site. Some of these other threads kill me with that crap. A guy will start posting about his theory and the minute he starts winning people start asking all kinds of questions and then it becomes a debate. Once the losing starts they turn on him like they paid the poor guy money or something.

As for me If I have an angle that works I post about it. If it can't sustain a 60% win I will not keep promoting it. The beauty of the $25 Dime Club is that we have avoided the toxic mess that happens on other threads. Anybody is free to post any angle, theory, or betting system they want without the fear of being criticized and skewed for it win or lose.


    Amen smooth and my partner T99 is tailing you tonight so      I was going with Seattle, but waited too long --- might pass or ???
MRJLX PM MRJLX
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 396
 
MRJLX
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#11669
Posted: 8/5/2013 8:06:27 PM
Took Braves b/c 26-9 in games 1.   Strasburg is having an off year. 
Mariners are my 2nd choice for today. 
Plisskin76 PM Plisskin76
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3147
 
Plisskin76
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#11670
Posted: 8/5/2013 10:36:54 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by crushalot22]

 

Sounds great,  Plisskin.   Let me know when you want to go and I will make it happen.

ok cool Crush! 

smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 7280
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#11671
Posted: 8/5/2013 11:53:35 PM
Weird situation on Streak Survivor. I had picked Texas for tonight. While looking at the games for tomorrow it gave me the choice of picking the Yankees with Kuroda pitching so I took it. Well it wiped out my Texas pick and now I'm trying to figure what's really going on. My Texas pick should be good because its a different day. Called Covers but they were closed.  Oh well hopefully they can fix this. 
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 7280
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#11672
Posted: 8/6/2013 12:00:02 AM
I just checked my history and my Texas pick is showing there so I should be ok.
rmcglen84 PM rmcglen84
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 39
 
rmcglen84
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#11673
Posted: 8/6/2013 4:40:43 AM
I think the under 7 hits in Sale vs. Kuroda. If you want to play vs. Matthew Berry this weekend sign up and join for free.


Link for this Friday's $300 freeroll:
 http://www.draftstreet.com/l/Berry_MLB.aspx?pid=305&r=aceinthehole&subid= 
rmcglen84 PM rmcglen84
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 39
 
rmcglen84
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#11674
Posted: 8/6/2013 4:41:05 AM
I think the under 7 hits in Sale vs. Kuroda. If you want to play vs. Matthew Berry this weekend sign up and join for free.


Link for this Friday's $300 freeroll:
 http://www.draftstreet.com/l/Berry_MLB.aspx?pid=305&r=aceinthehole&subid= 
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 7280
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#11675
Posted: 8/6/2013 11:13:48 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rmcglen84:

I think the under 7 hits in Sale vs. Kuroda. If you want to play vs. Matthew Berry this weekend sign up and join for free.


Link for this Friday's $300 freeroll:
 http://www.draftstreet.com/l/Berry_MLB.aspx?pid=305&r=aceinthehole&subid= 

I think you need to catch a clue my man. They don't want you posting this stuff.
Forum: Streak Survivor Page 467 of 558 «  465 466 467 468 469   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View