New York at Washington (12/03/2012)

Forum: Pro Football Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [Pro Football] Topic: New York at Washington (12/03/2012)
Covers PM Covers
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 61
 
Covers
Participation Meter
Covers Referee
Posted: 11/27/2012 1:53:17 AM

Away:  N.Y. Giants [5-5-1 ATS]
Home:  Washington [6-5 ATS]

Game Time: 8:30 PM
Stadium: FedEx Field

Recent Meetings:
10/21/12 - WAS 23 vs. NYG 27

Team Leaders:

N.Y. Giants:
Passing: Eli Manning (2890)
Rushing: Ahmad Bradshaw (733)
Receiving: Victor Cruz (779)

Washington:
Passing: Robert Griffin III (2497)
Rushing: Alfred Morris (982)
Receiving: Santana Moss (416)

More:
Live Odds
In-Depth Matchup Information
Consensus Betting Information

betipickem PM betipickem
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 212
 
betipickem
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/27/2012 10:48:14 AM
G-Men money line
Posted using a mobile device.
falcoholic PM falcoholic
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 29
 
falcoholic
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/27/2012 8:50:13 PM
I would have thought the line would be a good bit higher
Posted using a mobile device.
king_of_diamond PM king_of_diamond
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1560
 
king_of_diamond
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/27/2012 10:06:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by falcoholic:

I would have thought the line would be a good bit higher

Totally agree. Another one of those fishy lines that I will avoid at all costs. If anything, this line makes me want to side with the skins. GL
Spytheweb PM Spytheweb
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 906
 
Spytheweb
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 11/28/2012 2:16:15 AM
I think the Giants play better because they have film on RG3. They have to remember to keep contain, plus the NYGs play better on the road. They did a nice job on Rogers.

Anything under a FG to win, take the Giants. Need be in the 4th they'll get a drive and a FG.
Jersey_Pride PM Jersey_Pride
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 8
 
Jersey_Pride
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/29/2012 10:07:01 AM
Big Blue hasn't covered against the Skins in the last 4 meetings and I expect that trend to continue. They should of lost outright last meeting at home and needed a 77 yard bomb from Eli in the final minutes to bail them out. 

The skins believe they gave the Giants a gift with that one and will serve as motivation in this game along with the fact they are fighting for there playoff lives. 

This game is not a must win for the Giants and they have been consistent over the last 4 years of playing down to there competition and slumping in the second half. This trend has continued this season and I wouldn't bet on them until they show otherwise. 

Stay away from the G-Men in this one.
Spytheweb PM Spytheweb
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 906
 
Spytheweb
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 11/30/2012 4:44:43 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Jersey_Pride:

Big Blue hasn't covered against the Skins in the last 4 meetings and I expect that trend to continue. They should of lost outright last meeting at home and needed a 77 yard bomb from Eli in the final minutes to bail them out. 

The skins believe they gave the Giants a gift with that one and will serve as motivation in this game along with the fact they are fighting for there playoff lives. 

This game is not a must win for the Giants and they have been consistent over the last 4 years of playing down to there competition and slumping in the second half. This trend has continued this season and I wouldn't bet on them until they show otherwise. 

Stay away from the G-Men in this one.


"needed a 77 yard bomb from Eli in the final minutes to bail them out."

You mean like the Redskin bomb a few minutes earlier that bailed them out? For a minute. Everybody knows the NYGs don't play well at home and they still won. Everytime RG3 takes off, Redskins have to hold their breath that he does not get hurt.

It's not a must win but they do get paid to win games and they are not going to lay down because the other team wants to win.
Sammy_Ace PM Sammy_Ace
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 296
 
Sammy_Ace
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/30/2012 12:18:05 PM

I won't be taking a side in this one. There are definitely some angles supporting a play on the Skins as Jersey_Pride mentioned (really loving that Bill Parcells icon). I think the line is right where it should be and don't really feel great about the Gmen in this spot either. Nor do I trust the Redskins defense enough to stop big blue. The Skins match up well with the Giants because the Gmen have shown they are susceptible to teams with a power running game, and the Skins will no doubt try to pound the ball with Alfred Morris and roll Griffen out with playaction. The Skins will also not lack the confidence to win this game after being so close to winning at MetLife earlier in the year. My one issue with backing the Skins is there soft defense. So no play for me on this one, but I'll be watching this one very closely. Not just because I'm a Giants fan, but I think the game has huge playoff implications for both teams, and from a betting standpoint, will provide us with information for a future play on either team.

Here's what I'll be looking for:

Number 1: DAVID WILSON: If the Giants have any serious ambitions about making a playoff run this year, they must start utlizing this young back. He's really explosive and was drafted only one spot behind Doug Martin. Coach Coughlin has no choice but to use him now given the injury to Brown (and Bradshaw's inability to be an every-down back). If Wilson can live up to his first round potential, then that would take a lot of pressure off Eli in the redzone because Ahmad Bradshaw has struggled a bit in short yardage situations. It would also be a huge shot in the arm down this stretch run because their schedule matches them up against some of the softer rush defenses in the league (Saints 31st, Atlanta 21st, Baltimore 26th, and Philadelphia 18th).

Number 2: RG III's 2nd Time vs Big Blue Def: This is no doubt the rookies biggest game as a pro. I am sure their were many in Washington that didn't think talk of the playoffs would be in the air as we hit week 13 in December. No doubt, the Shanahans deserve some serious credit for coming up with an offensive scheme that fits RG III perfectly. I am really interested in how Griffen plays against this Giant defense the 2nd time around with Kenny Phillips back in the lineup (assuming he plays). The Giants defense looked like a much more formidable unit with their 3-safety package that was on display last week. I know one game doesn't tell us a whole lot, but they did shut down one of the most elite passing attacks in the league.

If RG III can find a way to win this game, the Skins might just gain enough momentum to win the division or clinch a wild card. A few weeks ago, the experts at ESPN would have laughed at the chances of the NFC East sending two teams to the playoffs. Everyone was all over Tampa or New Orleans. The Skins will be hosting the Ravens next week (who have all but clinched their division). Then they play at Cleveland, at Philly, and host Dallas in the finale. Call me crazy, but those all sound like winnable games, and if Tampa and the Skins both finish at 9-7, the Skins would own the tie-breaker because they beat them earlier this year.

We know Washington's offense is good enough...we will just have to wait and see if their defense can step it up into the last quarter of the season.   

Jersey_Pride PM Jersey_Pride
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 8
 
Jersey_Pride
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/30/2012 1:25:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Spytheweb:



"needed a 77 yard bomb from Eli in the final minutes to bail them out."

You mean like the Redskin bomb a few minutes earlier that bailed them out? For a minute. Everybody knows the NYGs don't play well at home and they still won. Everytime RG3 takes off, Redskins have to hold their breath that he does not get hurt.

It's not a must win but they do get paid to win games and they are not going to lay down because the other team wants to win.

A couple of points:

1. The preceding Redskin touchdown wasn't a bomb, it was a 30 yard pass.

2. It's not so much that the giants don't play we'll at home is it they tend to play poorly against inferior teams. They just destroyed a very good packers team at home. Meanwhile just prior to that game they got throttled by the bengals. It's actually sad to say that the game wasn't even as close as the 28 points they lost by. The bengals may be 6-5, but other than the Giants, they don't have a win against a team with a winning record. So to your point that even though its not a must win, 
Jersey_Pride PM Jersey_Pride
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 8
 
Jersey_Pride
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/30/2012 1:34:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Spytheweb:



"needed a 77 yard bomb from Eli in the final minutes to bail them out."

You mean like the Redskin bomb a few minutes earlier that bailed them out? For a minute. Everybody knows the NYGs don't play well at home and they still won. Everytime RG3 takes off, Redskins have to hold their breath that he does not get hurt.

It's not a must win but they do get paid to win games and they are not going to lay down because the other team wants to win.

A couple of points:

1. The preceding Redskin touchdown wasn't a bomb, it was a 30 yard pass.

2. It's not so much that the giants don't play we'll at home is it they tend to play poorly against inferior teams. They just destroyed a very good packers team at home. Meanwhile just prior to that game they got throttled by the bengals. It's actually sad to say that the game wasn't even as close as the 28 points they lost by. The bengals may be 6-5, but other than the Giants, they don't have a win against a team with a winning record. So to your point' that even though its not a must win, they still get paid'. They stole game checks that game.

3. Much like the last time they met, the giants are coming off a big win (against Frisco then) and obviously had a let down. It's the Packers this time around. Too many warnings signs to make a serious play here.

My evaluation is in line with Sammy Ace in that the Redskins will pound Morris and get Griffin on the move. 

The Giants were in a similar situation last year against the Skins....late in the year trying to get a road win (as a favorite) against an inferior Redskin team that would give them a stranglehold on the division....AND GOT ROLLED BY REX GROSSMAN AND ROY HELU...it's DejaVu all over again.
vue21849 PM vue21849
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4068
 
vue21849
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/30/2012 11:32:37 PM

    I say, let RG III & Eli sling it out. I'll open a cold one, and let them beat each others brains out, racking up the points for me!

OVER   51

VEGASRKNZ PM VEGASRKNZ
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 86
 
VEGASRKNZ
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/1/2012 2:29:58 AM
Giants -2.5
Junoblu PM Junoblu
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 145
 
Junoblu
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:26:16 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vue21849:

    I say, let RG III & Eli sling it out. I'll open a cold one, and let them beat each others brains out, racking up the points for me!

OVER   51

ATLiens007 PM ATLiens007
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 310
 
ATLiens007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/2/2012 4:45:11 AM
RG3 gets it against there division rivals and stay alive in the playoff hunt. 
RockfordRounder PM RockfordRounder
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 128
 
RockfordRounder
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/2/2012 7:56:57 PM

I like the Redskins in this position under 51 points.

 

TheQuadYeah PM TheQuadYeah
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1827
 
TheQuadYeah
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 12/2/2012 8:28:37 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Spytheweb:

I think the Giants play better because they have film on RG3. They have to remember to keep contain, plus the NYGs play better on the road. They did a nice job on Rogers.

Anything under a FG to win, take the Giants. Need be in the 4th they'll get a drive and a FG.

 

I don't know Spy - usually you're so loud and pompous touting your precious G-Men, but for the first time you sound a little hesitant to pull the trigger to me......

Don't tell me you've been "Sleeping With The Enemy" and starting to become a "R.G. Three-Tard", are you?

Weather should be in the high 50's by game time, no rain, no wind, national stage, since you think it comes down to a FG - why not buy the half point hook, take the 'Skins +3.5 at home, and parlay it with the over "shootout" like Vue says.......... C'mon man, betray these under-achieveing Giants - you know you want to...........

For me, I'm waiting to see the outcome of the CowGirls-Eagrets tonight before I make my decision..........

Oh well, Good Luck Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

citysnow PM citysnow
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 369
 
citysnow
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/2/2012 9:25:11 PM
its a battle of the div an wash is at home but giants are good on the road the issue i have is RG3 is playing like a true pro i like the under in this game an wash covers in the last min of the game
aminorabino PM aminorabino
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 384
 
aminorabino
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/3/2012 2:36:12 AM

If JPP is back in action then Giants win easy 24-17. Skins defense is horrible.

aminorabino PM aminorabino
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 384
 
aminorabino
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/3/2012 2:37:21 AM

Correction: 34-17...the over should hit late 4th quarter

best_bets PM best_bets
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6296
 
best_bets
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/3/2012 3:49:12 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Spytheweb:

I think the Giants play better because they have film on RG3. They have to remember to keep contain, plus the NYGs play better on the road. They did a nice job on Rogers.

Anything under a FG to win, take the Giants. Need be in the 4th they'll get a drive and a FG.
Well, I think the Redskins play better because they have film on Eli.........so there!  Spy, you have been gambling a long time. How's your profit margine?
JustWin001 PM JustWin001
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 30
 
JustWin001
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/3/2012 9:35:32 AM
Washington is just not that good.

They looked great against the Cowboys.  Who doesn't?  Their most recent wins are against the Cowboys, Eagles, Bucs and Vikings. Why are we still talking about this one? 

NY -3 !!
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 16558
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 12/3/2012 10:54:10 AM
I think Sammy hit upon a most important point,Gints ability to run against the Skins,if the Skins can shut them down (which is possible) it would force Eli to throw much more and open up the possibilty for Skins to control clock.Gonna be a beautifull nite for football up there.Leaning with the +3 or maybe the high total.GL
XSixburghX PM XSixburghX
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 102
 
XSixburghX
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/3/2012 11:12:43 AM
I would lean towards Giants -3 and the Under, but probably best to stay away from this game.
rackgame PM rackgame
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
 
rackgame
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/3/2012 11:26:18 AM
redskins have lost last 5 monday night football games
PAPADON PM PAPADON
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 709
 
PAPADON
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/3/2012 11:45:53 AM

I'll go with the more experienced QB.

Army ants = G. I. ants = G-Men

Giants -2.5 & under 50

Forum: Pro Football Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.