Zimmerman family challenges Holder on New Black Panthers

Forum: Politics Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Zimmerman family challenges Holder on New Black Panthers
FrontRowCenter PM FrontRowCenter
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6469
Florida
 
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 10:18:01 AM

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/09/zimmerman-family-challenges-holder-on-new-black-panthers-says-no-arrests-based-solely-on-your-race/

“I am writing you to ask you why, when the law of the land is crystal clear, is your office not arresting the New Black Panthers for hate crimes?” the family member wrote to Holder.

“The Zimmerman family is in hiding because of the threats that have been made against us, yet the DOJ has maintained an eerie silence on this matter. These threats are very public. If you haven’t been paying attention just do a Google search and you will find plenty. Since when can a group of people in the United States put a bounty on someone’s head, circulate Wanted posters publicly, and still be walking the streets?”



  I believe we have a double standard here....  Imagine if somebody from the tea party made these type of threats????

kaponofor3 PM kaponofor3
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 35336
California
 
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 10:38:37 AM
If I am Zimmerman, I'd like to tell my family member to please shut the **** up.
FrontRowCenter PM FrontRowCenter
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6469
Florida
 
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 10:46:00 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

If I am Zimmerman, I'd like to tell my family member to please shut the **** up.

That may be true, but what the Black Panthers are doing is not right either.  Eric Holder should do something.  If Obama cared about the country, and was not playing the race card, Obama would speak up also. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWMgLvbZ0g8&feature=related

J_Galt PM J_Galt
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
 
J_Galt
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 10:49:52 AM
just about 0 chance romney wins in november, but if he does, will HIS AG go after the black panthers?

If they do, be prepaired for msnbc, nbc, cnn to accuse the Romney administration of being racists, and their proof will be that the obama administration / AG didn't find a problem with it, why would the new administration?


Posted using a mobile device.
J_Galt PM J_Galt
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
 
J_Galt
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 10:51:58 AM
a serious question for the lawyers in the forum, do hate crimes have a statute of limitations?
( assuming a bounty is a hate crime )

If so, what would it be for that particular offense?

Posted using a mobile device.
kaponofor3 PM kaponofor3
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 35336
California
 
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 11:00:40 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by J_Galt:

a serious question for the lawyers in the forum, do hate crimes have a statute of limitations?
( assuming a bounty is a hate crime )

If so, what would it be for that particular offense?



Depends on the jurisdiction and the underlying crime -- my understanding of "hate crime" legislation is that there has to be an underlying offense and the "hate crime" designation is only an aggravating factor to be used for sentencing purposes. The underlying offense would have the statute of limitations attached to it.

glenndef62 PM glenndef62
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Massachusetts
 
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 11:06:20 AM

Anyone, who in this day and age refers to citizens who happen to be of common ancestry as "my people" is not an impartial person, let alone an Attorney General.

His "dropping" of blatent voter intimidation charges only shows me what liberals are so loath to admit.

chilitokid PM chilitokid
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10250
New Hampshire
 
chilitokid
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 11:18:40 AM
I guess the Zimmerman family needs to stand their ground also.
glenndef62 PM glenndef62
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Massachusetts
 
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 11:34:49 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by chilitokid:

I guess the Zimmerman family needs to stand their ground also.

glenndef62 PM glenndef62
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Massachusetts
 
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 11:42:32 AM

 Since when can a group of people in the United States put a bounty on someone’s head, circulate Wanted posters publicly, and still be walking the streets?”

Welcome to the fundamentally transformed America.

"Where payback is our #1 priority!"

Even the Saints got the book thrown at them.

I know Roger Goodell. And I can assure Mr. AG, you sir, are no Roger Goodell.

drJ PM drJ
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Nevada
 
drJ
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 2:43:42 PM
I am sure Holder would be just as silent if the races and bounty were reversed.  Oh wait, that would be national news 24/7 with Holder speaking publicly after the arrests.
rick3117 PM rick3117
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14715
 
rick3117
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 3:08:27 PM
Maybe he should start brainwashing more kids to think that the New Black Panthers are "freedom fighters".  
djbrow PM djbrow
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14324
United States
 
djbrow
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 3:09:16 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right, especially when both are completely grounded in perception, but the complete antithetical viewpoint to those who believe there is no way that Zimmerman could have engaged in any wrong doing because he was mearly engaging in vigilante justice would be one who believes Zimmerman's death would be based on the same vigilante justice.

Hence the problem with absolutism. One never sees the gray.

FrontRowCenter PM FrontRowCenter
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6469
Florida
 
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 7:04:37 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/10/Trayvon-Beating-Gainesville?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BigGovernment+%28Big+Government%29

A man who was beaten in Gainesville, Florida claims that the gang that beat him shouted “Trayvon” as they attacked him. The victim, who is white, said that a gang of five to eight black men beat him for five minutes. He suffered injuries to the left eye, abrasions to his palms and a cut on his right kneecap.


J_Galt PM J_Galt
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
 
J_Galt
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 7:17:45 PM
@#13
One never sees the gray.



I saw it, not one of Liam Neeson's better movies
Posted using a mobile device.
esplanade PM esplanade
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 9021
 
esplanade
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 7:30:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Two wrongs don't make a right, especially when both are completely grounded in perception, but the complete antithetical viewpoint to those who believe there is no way that Zimmerman could have engaged in any wrong doing because he was mearly engaging in vigilante justice would be one who believes Zimmerman's death would be based on the same vigilante justice.

Hence the problem with absolutism. One never sees the gray.



+

If the comment were not so inane, it would just be boring.
I don't think there is anyone who thinks Zim could not have engaged in a wrong or who justifies his action as a result of "vigilante justice." I'm not sure what mearly means but I'm confident you don't know antithetical means either.
bowlslit PM bowlslit
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5625
Greece
 
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 7:31:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Two wrongs don't make a right, especially when both are completely grounded in perception, but the complete antithetical viewpoint to those who believe there is no way that Zimmerman could have engaged in any wrong doing because he was mearly engaging in vigilante justice would be one who believes Zimmerman's death would be based on the same vigilante justice.

Hence the problem with absolutism. One never sees the gray.

How can you compare the two?

Zimmerman had called the police, which goes against the bylaws of the vigilante for dummies handbook.

djbrow PM djbrow
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14324
United States
 
djbrow
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 7:52:21 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by esplanade:



+

If the comment were not so inane, it would just be boring.
I don't think there is anyone who thinks Zim could not have engaged in a wrong or who justifies his action as a result of "vigilante justice." I'm not sure what mearly means but I'm confident you don't know antithetical means either.

Plenty of people think Zimmerman could not have committed a wrong, such as the poster below you.

And I will try not to use words like anithetical realizing you may not have learned that at your fake school in Canada.

djbrow PM djbrow
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14324
United States
 
djbrow
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 7:54:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

How can you compare the two?

Zimmerman had called the police, which goes against the bylaws of the vigilante for dummies handbook.

So your saying that as long as one calls the police, they cannot commit a wrong?

My post has nothing to do with what actually happened, rather the absolutist positions that people will take to justify anything.

You should think about that.

bowlslit PM bowlslit
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5625
Greece
 
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 7:58:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

So your saying that as long as one calls the police, they cannot commit a wrong?

My post has nothing to do with what actually happened, rather the absolutist positions that people will take to justify anything.

You should think about that.

Im caught off guard that I have to explain this to you.

I'm saying that because he called the police it is wrong for you to claim he is a vigilante.

djbrow PM djbrow
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14324
United States
 
djbrow
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 8:15:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Im caught off guard that I have to explain this to you.

I'm saying that because he called the police it is wrong for you to claim he is a vigilante.

Umm, ok.

I'm not saying this happened because I do not know, but if Zimmerman called the police, followed Martin against their direction, pointed the gun at him, then shot him after a brief confrontation, it makes him no less a vigilante.

bowlslit PM bowlslit
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5625
Greece
 
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 8:22:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Umm, ok.

I'm not saying this happened because I do not know, but if Zimmerman called the police, followed Martin against their direction, pointed the gun at him, then shot him after a brief confrontation, it makes him no less a vigilante.

Um, no.

A vigilante would not involve the police at all. A vigilante would not want the police to have any knowledge of said vigilante actions.

The fact that he called the police shows that he had no intent to act on his own with regards to being judge, jury, executioner, regardless of whether he followed or not.

He merely followed because he didn't want him to get away as others have.

 

djbrow PM djbrow
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14324
United States
 
djbrow
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 8:34:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Um, no.

A vigilante would not involve the police at all. A vigilante would not want the police to have any knowledge of said vigilante actions.

The fact that he called the police shows that he had no intent to act on his own with regards to being judge, jury, executioner, regardless of whether he followed or not.

He merely followed because he didn't want him to get away as others have.

 

Conjecture.

You have no way of knowing either of these statements.

Just like the New Black Panthers have no way of knowing that Zimmerman did anything wrong.
bowlslit PM bowlslit
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5625
Greece
 
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 8:55:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Conjecture.

You have no way of knowing either of these statements.

Just like the New Black Panthers have no way of knowing that Zimmerman did anything wrong.

The fact that he had called police 46+ times before for likely some similar instances and had no similar outcomes shows that he is no vigilante.

Calling police shows that he intended to have cops check the suspect out.

dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27603
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/10/2012 9:45:08 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by esplanade:



+

If the comment were not so inane, it would just be boring.
I don't think there is anyone who thinks Zim could not have engaged in a wrong or who justifies his action as a result of "vigilante justice." I'm not sure what mearly means but I'm confident you don't know antithetical means either.



blah blah blah

you try to talk big yet scurry from me on your own thread...
Forum: Politics Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.