St. Mary's Gaels at Gonzaga Bulldogs (-7, OFF)
Injuries and a busy schedule haven't slowed No. 21 Gonzaga, which hosts Saint Mary's on Thursday for an early West Coast Conference showdown. Guard Gary Bell Jr. (hand) is out for the Bulldogs, who are playing their third game in six days, while guard Kevin Pangos (turf toe) is playing injured and center Sam Dower Jr. (back) is questionable. Drew Barham and transfers Gerard Coleman and Angel Nunez have helped fill those gaps.
"As a player you wait and wait for your chance and when you get a chance you have to make the most of it," Gonzaga coach Mark Few told The Spokane Spokesman-Review after Monday's win against San Francisco. "By and large, everybody that got in did that." The Gaels will be without coach Randy Bennett, who is serving the second game of a five-game suspension for NCAA rules violations. Saint Mary's is 2-3 away from home, snapping a three-game skid with a win over Pacific in its WCC opener Monday.
TV: 9 p.m. ET, ESPN 2.
LINE: The line and total are currently off the board.
ABOUT SAINT MARY'S (10-3, 7-4 ATS): Forward Brad Waldow leads the Gaels with 16.8 points and seven rebounds and is second in the league with a 64.2 shooting clip. Stephen Holt (13.2), James Walker III (12.3) and Beau Levesque (11.8) also average double figures for the balanced Gaels, who started the week ranked 12th nationally in 3-point shooting percentage (43.3). The Gaels, in the middle of a three-game road swing to open conference play, are second in the WCC in scoring defense (66.3 points) and second in scoring margin (plus-10.9).
ABOUT GONZAGA (12-2, 5-6-1 ATS): Pangos leads the Bulldogs with 17.6 points and Dower (13.8) and Bell (12.7) are team's next two leading scorers. Coleman, who transferred from Providence, is averaging 8.1 points off the bench and Nunez, who became eligible after the first semester after transferring from Louisville, has scored 14 total points in his first two games. 7-1 center Przemek Karnowski adds 9.9 points and a team-high eight rebounds and can be a defensive difference in the middle.
* Under is 7-1 in the last eight meetings in Gonzaga.
* St. Mary's is 4-1 ATS in its last five games following an ATS win.
* Gonzaga is 2-10-2 ATS in its last 14 games following an ATS win.
* Over is 6-1 in St. Mary's last seven games overall.
1. Saint Mary's and Gonzaga join Duke and Kansas as the only Division I program with 25 or more wins in each of the past five seasons.
2. The Gaels and Bulldogs have meet in each of the past five WCC Tournament championships games, with Gonzaga winning three times. Gonzaga has won 8 of the 10 regular-season meetings during that span.
3. Gonzaga started the week ranked third nationally at 51.3 percent shooting and 18th at 84.5 points.