Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #63

BOCA RATON BOWL

MARSHALL vs NORTHERN ILLINOIS
Tuesday, Dec. 23, 6:00 p.m.ET
ESPN

Update

With all due respect to the Huskies, I truly believe that the Thundering Herd are going to come out and make a statement. I figured Marshall could be favored by even more than this, and I strongly believe the the senior QB, Cato, goes out on the highest of notes, while putting up a big bowl victory and drawing even more attention to himself heading into his NFL push. Marshall has so much talent on both sides of the ball and we're taking them to win by 3+ touchdowns in this one! Really like this play so lets roll with it. Even though I buy the point as a force of habit its a strong play. 

Marshall Thundering Herd -7 

Check back closer to game day for any changes to the spread and/or prediction here and at Spooky Express

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #64

MIAMI BEACH BOWL

BYU vs MEMPHIS

Monday, Dec. 22, 2:00 p.m.ET
ESPN

Update

Interesting spot here, as these two teams are a pickem, and on paper that’s probably the right line to put out. With that said, when you pair the Tigers’ ridiculous defense with the fact that they are led by a quarterback who is rolling along the way that Lynch is, it’s a dangerous combination. I think that Memphis gets the job done and makes a statement in a big way with this win. After four straight losing seasons where the team won just 10 total games, expect the Tigers to end this season on a very high note and win this game by a touchdown. Not a very strong play and honestly head is with BYU and numbers show Memphis. Lets go easy and focus on stronger plays down the road.

Memphis Tigers PK

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #65

Sorry Gang, I hit the wrong key and it copies a previous post. My Bad

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #66

BOCA RATON BOWL
MARSHALL vs NORTHERN ILLINOIS
Tuesday, Dec. 23, 6:00 p.m.ET
ESPN

With all due respect to the Huskies, I truly believe that the Thundering Herd are going to come out and make a statement. I figured Marshall could be favored by even more than this, and I strongly believe the the senior QB, Cato, goes out on the highest of notes, while putting up a big bowl victory and drawing even more attention to himself heading into his NFL push. Marshall has so much talent on both sides of the ball and we're taking them to win by 3+ touchdowns in this one! Really like this play so lets roll with it. Even though I buy the point as a force of habit its a strong play.

Marshall Thundering Herd -7

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #67

SAN DIEGO COUNTY CREDIT UNION POINSETTIA BOWL

NAVY vs SAN DIEGO STATE
Tuesday, Dec. 23, 9:30 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

The man to watch in this game is Aztec’s running back Donnel Pumphrey. He’s rushed for 1,761 yards and 19 touchdowns, and is third in the entire nation in rushing yards. He’s also just 82 yards away from breaking George Jones’ single-season school rushing mark. Expect Pumphrey to come out look to make a statement, and I do believe that this Aztecs team ends up being too much when all is said and done. San Diego State’s strong defense will prepare the right way for the triple-option, and will put up a major fight. Like this game on the moneyline as well since they should win by little more than a touchdown you hate to get backdoored.

San Diego State Aztecs -3 

Check back closer to game day for any changes to the spread and/or prediction here and at Spooky Express

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #68

Good stuff!!! Thanks for all the hard work you do

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #69

ADVOCARE TEXAS BOWL
ARKANSAS vs TEXAS
Monday, Dec. 29, 9:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

In a battle of 6-6 teams, the Arkansas Razorbacks are set to take on the Texas Longhorns in the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl. This game will kickoff on Monday, December 29th at 9:00pm EST, and will be aired on ESPN. While the Razorbacks look to have struggled to 6-6, while going 2-6 in SEC play and the Longhorns went 5-4 in Big 12 play, sometimes the conference records don’t tell the whole story. Let’s take a more in-depth look at this game, and breakdown things to expect, as well as a pick and prediction on the 2015 Texas Bowl.

Arkansas Impressive Even In Losses

The Razorbacks may have just two conference wins this year, but their losses are ALL respectable losses. This team dropped games to Auburn, Texas A&M, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi State and Missouri this year. That’s a pretty impressive group of losses in all honesty, and this team is led by their two-headed monster at running back in Jonathan Williams and Alex Collins. Williams finished the year with just one more carry than Collins, and went for 1,085 yards and 11 touchdowns, while Collins rushed for 1,024 yards with 12 touchdowns. The rushing game is huge for Arkansas, as they average 220.3 yards per game on the year.

Texas Needs To Step Up To Compete

For the Longhorns, they beat the teams they were supposed to beat, and lost to everyone else. They didn’t have bad losses either, going down to BYU, UCLA, Baylor, Oklahoma, Kansas State and TCU. All are strong losses, but they didn’t have many wins that jump off the page at you. Quarterback Tyrone Swoopes may be playing for his 2015 starting job in this game, as he finished the year with 2,352 yards and 13 touchdowns after David Ash suffered a concussion and was forced to call it a career. Expect the Longhorns’ defense to be the ones to step up here, as they allow just 23.3 points per game on the year.

PICK

The Razorbacks are less than a touchdown favorite, and I think they win this game by two touchdowns without much of a problem. While we talked about the Longhorns’ defense, we can’t overlook the fact that the Razorbacks average 32 points per game and give up just 20.3 points per game. This is a talented SEC team who really caught a few bad breaks, and lost every single one of their games by seven or fewer points, with the lone exception being their opening game. Arkansas gets it done and does it in impressive fashion.

Arkansas Razorbacks

Check back closer to game day for any changes to the spread and/or prediction here
and at The Spooky Express

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #70

FRANKLIN AMERICAN MORTGAGE MUSIC CITY BOWL

NOTRE DAME vs LSU
Tuesday, Dec. 30, 3:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

If you want an interesting Tuesday afternoon matchup, look no further than the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl. It’ll kickoff on Tuesday the 30th of December at 3:00pm EST, and will be played on ESPN. This game features two teams who definitely underperformed through 2014 in the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the LSU Tigers. The Fighting Irish finished the year up at 7-5 overall, while the Tigers went 8-4, with a 4-4 record in the SEC. Both teams are looking to end their year on a high note, and there will be plenty to talk about leading up to this one.

Two QB Set Featured for Notre Dame

For the Irish, they’ll be featuring a two-QB set with Everett Golson and Malik Zaire. As good as Golson was at points this season, he also struggled mightily with turnovers. Zaire should be an interesting player to watch, but Golson will get plenty of work as well. This Irish team started the year out 6-0, before dropping five of their last six games and four straight to end the year, leaving them wondering what could have been. The strength of this team is their passing game, as they average 293.8 yards per game, but their run game really started coming on down the stretch with Tarean Folston.

Issues at QB for LSU

For the Tigers, they have their own quarterback issues, as they try to figure out who will start this bowl game. Many expect Anthony Jennings to get the call, but he’s struggled as the season has wound down, leaving the door open for a potential bit of action for Brandon Harris. It’s unknown what will happen with this, but it seems like Jennings will continue to start. For the Tigers, their key to success has been the run game and their defense. They have averaged 219.5 yards on the ground per game, and give up the third-fewest points per game this year at 16.4.

PICK

The Tigers come in with questions, but not nearly as many as the Irish have. Not only has the quarterback position been an issue for Notre Dame, but they are dealing with plenty of injuries as well. Simply put, the Tigers’ defense is going to cause major issues for Notre Dame, and I think they’ll do more than enough to win this game by double digits. It’s going to be a fun one to watch, but take the Tigers laying the touchdown.

LSU Tigers
Check back closer to game day for any changes to the spread and/or prediction here
and at The Spooky Express

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #71

This guys a joke, this thread is nothing but a huge ad for his website, I went the other way on his picks just for fun, I should have gone to Vegas... Shoulda, woulda, coulda

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #72

Woah, go away. This thread is pure info!!!! i have evaluated it all. Pick your spots and kill this bowl season! Lots of plays in a 20 day period!! lock in your ROI AND THEN GET OUT!!!!

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #73

Put another L in the collum

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #74

POPEYES BAHAMAS BOWL

CENTRAL MICHIGAN vs WESTERN KENTUCKY
Wednesday, Dec. 24, 12:00 p.m. ET
ESPN

Update

This Hilltoppers team is seriously dangerous. They average 44 points per game on the year, which is sixth best in the country, while also averaging 365 passing yard per game, which is third best in the nation. The defense is the problem, as they give up 39.3 points per game, but I think the offense will be able to do more than enough to walk away with a win here, and I see it coming by around double-digits. Posted this at a Pick-em on the moneyline early and will be happy to lay 3 points as well. 

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers -3 

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #75

Quote Originally Posted by Metaldude5:

Put another L in the collum

Happy Holidays Metaldude.  Glad I could entertain.  Yes I started off slow this bowl season, but cashed 3 of last 4 games. I dont sell picks, never have, never will.  Just my opinions.  I just post what I am playing. Been doing so for almost 2 decades here on the forums. So whats the issue? Play em, fade em or just post your own plays.  Stop wasting negative energy on bashing and enjoy the holiday season.  Cheers!

All Forums | College Football
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GPWA Logo GDPR Logo GeoTrust Logo Evalon Logo