St. Louis Cardinals at Los Angeles Dodgers (-105, 7)
The Cardinals and host Dodgers conclude a three-game series with their two starting pitchers looking to reverse recent fortunes. The Cardinals’ Kyle Lohse has allowed three or more runs in three of his last four starts, while Chad Billingsley has gone six straight starts since his last win. The two National League division leaders will meet again in St. Louis in late July before playing a four-game set at Dodger Stadium on Sept. 13-16.
Both teams are missing several key players for the series finale, including the Dodgers’ Matt Kemp, who hopes to return when he’s first eligible on May 29. The MVP candidate landed on the disabled list last Tuesday with a strained left hamstring. The Cardinals are without Jon Jay (shoulder), Allen Craig (hamstring) and reliever Kyle McClellan (elbow), but right fielder Carlos Beltran appears to have avoided the disabled list after missing parts of four games last week with a sore right knee.
TV: 8:05 p.m. ET, ESPN
PITCHING MATCHUP: Cardinals RH Kyle Lohse (5-1, 2.70 ERA) vs. Dodgers RH Chad Billingsley (2-3, 3.83 ERA)
Lohse began the season with an impressive April for the second straight season, but he’s struggled in his last four outings. After being pulled from his previous start because of a strained left hamstring, Lohse gave up five runs over 6 2/3 innings last Tuesday. He was 1-1 with an 8.71 ERA in two starts against the Dodgers last season.
Billingsley allowed four runs over four innings last Tuesday against the Diamondbacks, lasting just four innings for the second straight start. After walking one batter in his first three starts combined, he’s walked 15 in his last five outings. Billingsley is 1-4 with a 4.65 ERA in seven career starts against St. Louis.
* Over is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings in Los Angeles.
* Over is 4-1 in Billingsley's last 5 starts vs. Cardinals.
* Over is 9-3-1 in the last 13 meetings.
* Cardinals are 3-7 in the last 10 meetings in Los Angeles.
* Dodgers are 2-5 in Billingsley's last 7 starts vs. Cardinals.
* Cardinals are 0-5 in the last 5 meetings.
UMP TRENDS - Alfonso Marquez
* Under is 9-1 in Marquez's last 10 Sunday games behind home plate.
* Under is 18-7-1 in Marquez's last 26 games behind home plate vs. Los Angeles.
* Under is 18-7-1 in Marquez's last 26 games behind home plate vs. St. Louis.
1. Utilityman Jerry Hairston (hamstring) is expected to rejoin the Dodgers in the middle of next week after a brief rehab assignment.
2. Cardinals prospect Matt Adams went 4-for-5 with two homers and five RBIs for Triple-A Memphis on Friday. The first baseman is batting .338 with nine home runs and 27 RBIs.
3. Los Angeles is 12 games into a stretch where it plays 18 of 23 games at Dodger Stadium through the end of May.