NBA on Christmas Day: Betting stats and trends
'Twas an NBA day of Christmas when all through the sport, fans are stirring with no less than five games to sort.
Like Miley Cyrus the league speaks not a word and goes straight to work, looking to stuff their stockings while trying not to twerk.
With presents delivered under the Christmas tree, here's my gift to you, for all to see.
With the Bulls and Nets taking off in flight, Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Here is a breakdown of the 10 teams playing on Christmas this season and how they’ve performed on Dec. 25 since 1990:
• Brooklyn (New Jersey): 1-1 SU and 1-1 ATS and 1-1 O/U
Trending: 0-1 ATS last year
• Chicago: 7-2 SU and 5-4 ATS and 3-6 O/U
Trending: 0-3 ATS last three games
• Golden State: 1-1 SU and 1-1 ATS and 1-1 O/U
Trending: 0-1 ATS last year
• Houston: 2-3 SU and 4-1 ATS and 2-1-2 O/U
Trending: 4-0 ATS last four games
• L.A. Clippers: 2-3 SU and 2-3 ATS and 2-3 O/U
Trending: 2-0 ATS last two games
• L.A. Lakers: 7-9 SU and 9-6-1 ATS and 5-10-1 O/U
Trending: 4-0 ATS last four as a dog
• Miami: 7-2 SU and 5-4 ATS and 2-7 O/U
Trending: 1-6 UNDER last seven games
• New York: 3-5 SU and 2-6 ATS and 4-4 O/U
Trending: 0-4 ATS last four as a dog
• Oklahoma City: 2-3 SU and 1-4 ATS and 1-4 O/U
Trending: visitor 0-5 ATS Thunder/Xmas games
• San Antonio: 3-2 SU and 3-1-1 ATS and 1-4 O/U
Trending: 3-0-1 ATS vs. Western Conference foes
What have you done for me lately?
Noteworthy team trends wrapped inside each Christmas Day game…
• Bulls: 1-8 SU and 3-6 ATS away Wednesdays / 3-12 ATS last fifteen games in December
• Nets: playoff revenge from last season / 0-5 SUATS Wednesdays this season
• Thunder: 13-6 ATS away December / 2-5 SUATS away Wednesdays
• Knicks: 14-3 SU and 12-5 ATS home Wednesdays
• Heat: 18-2 SU on Wednesdays / 4-9 ATS December
• Lakers: 1-9 ATS last 10 games in this series / 7-13 ATS home December
• Rockets: 11-6 ATS last seventeen games here
• Spurs: 18-2 SU December / 0-4 ATS home Wednesdays
• Clippers: 10-2 SU and 9-3 ATS Wednesdays / 15-4 SU away December
• Warriors: 8-3 ATS last eleven games in this series
Defending champion doldrums
Christmas day has not been a gifting experience for NBA’s defending champions.
That’s confirmed by their lousy 0-5 SU and ATS mark since 2000 when facing an opponent playing with one day-exact rest.
The Lakers hope to add to that number when they host the Heat at the Staples Center.
Under the Christmas Tree
Non-conference games certainly bring the best defensive effort out in teams on Christmas Day.
Thirteen of the 16 games played on Dec. 25 since 1991 involving Eastern and Western Conference foes have played under the total.
Six of the seven games involving a team off loss have stayed under the total.
The gift that keeps on giving
The L. A. Lakers are 17-1 SU at home during December.