Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Toledo Rockets vs. Utah State Aggies (-10.5, 58.5)FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL STORYLINES
1. Toledo’s talented running back David Fluellen and quarterback Terrance Owens both missed the last regular-season game on Nov. 20 against Akron with ankle injuries, but will have almost four weeks to recover.
2. Utah State set a school record for victories this season, won an outright conference title for the first time since 1936 by finishing 6-0 in the Western Athletic Conference and tries to win its first bowl game since 1993.
3. Toledo averages 32.9 points and 456.1 yards (28th in the nation), while 20th-ranked Utah State is eighth in the nation in scoring defense (15.4) and 15th in total defense.TV:
4:30 p.m. ET, ESPN. LINE:
Utah State opened as low as -8 and has been bet up to as high as -10.5. The total has moved from 57.5 to 58.5.WEATHER:
Snow is in the forecast for Boise, with an 18 percent chance of precipitation. Temperatures will be in the low 30s.CONSENSUS:
53 percent of Covers Consensus players are on Utah State while 60 percent are on the over.TRENDS:
* Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last five vs. WAC.
* Aggies are 16-5-1 ATS in their last 22 non-conference games.
* Under is 5-0 in Rockets' last five games overall.
* Under is 6-0 in Aggies' last six non-conference games.ABOUT TOLEDO (9-3, 6-2 MAC, 7-5 ATS):
The Rockets hope to have Fluellen and Owens back for Utah State, although senior quarterback Austin Dantin threw for five touchdowns and David Pasquale rushed for 93 yards in the 35-23 victory over Akron to end the regular season. The versatile Fluellen fuels the Rockets' offense, averaging 132.7 yards with 13 touchdowns. Owens, who has completed 62.8 percent of his passes and averaged 243.4 yards through the air, has also thrown for 14 scores. Bernard Reedy is the top target with 82 receptions for 1,051 yards. The Rockets will need some big plays from their defense, which has 17 interceptions but has allowed an average of 27.3 points. Toledo edged Air Force 42-41 in the Military Bowl last year to improve its bowl record to 8-4.ABOUT UTAH STATE (10-2, 6-0 WAC, 10-1-1 ATS):
The Aggies come into the game with six straight victories and have won 15 of their last 18 overall. Utah State lost 24-23 in the Potato Bowl last year to Toledo’s MAC rival Ohio and its two defeats this season have come by a combined five points to Wisconsin (16-14) and Brigham Young (6-3). The Aggies are the only team in the nation not to allow a touchdown in the first quarter. Utah State’s offense has also produced, averaging more than 30 points led by quarterback Chuckie Keeton. The sophomore has completed 67.6 percent of his passes, thrown for 27 touchdowns and rushed for more than 500 yards. Senior running back Kerwynn Williams leads the team in rushing (1,277 yards) and receiving (663), while scoring 17 times. The Aggies are 1-6 in bowls.