New forums are going live April 23, 2018. Check it out for yourself.

I want to bet 10k on the heisman. What my best strategy to get all 10k on this?

Forum: College Football
Author: [College Football] Topic: I want to bet 10k on the heisman. What my best strategy to get all 10k on this?
BBlusi PM BBlusi
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 50
 
BBlusi
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 2/8/2018 10:03:57 AM

Should I spread it around the sportsbooks? 

Maybe 6k at Mgm, 2k at Venetian, 2k at Westgate??  

Thoughts? 

Posted using a mobile device.
WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 20069
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 2/8/2018 10:42:52 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BBlusi:

Should I spread it around the sportsbooks? 

Maybe 6k at Mgm, 2k at Venetian, 2k at Westgate??  

Thoughts? 





I would. I won't recommend any particular Book ,
but you might want to check when Heisman odds
will be posted here as while I personally do not
bet on the Heisman winner , I do not think Books
here are offering odds on them yet.
BBlusi PM BBlusi
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 50
 
BBlusi
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 2/8/2018 12:02:38 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

QUOTE Originally Posted by BBlusi: Should I spread it around the sportsbooks?  Maybe 6k at Mgm, 2k at Venetian, 2k at Westgate??   Thoughts?  I would. I won't recommend any particular Book ,but you might want to check when Heisman oddswill be posted here as while I personally do notbet on the Heisman winner , I do not think Bookshere are offering odds on them yet.

.  

I really appreciate your input you’ve given me the last couple days. Thank you sir. I tried calling mgm sports book and they said they couldn’t transfer me to talk to the guys there, what would be the best way to find out about when the heisman odds are released at the books and what the heisman odds are incensed they are released.? Unfortunately I do not live in Vegas 

 

WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 20069
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 2/8/2018 12:17:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BBlusi:

.  

I really appreciate your input you’ve given me the last couple days. Thank you sir. I tried calling mgm sports book and they said they couldn’t transfer me to talk to the guys there, what would be the best way to find out about when the heisman odds are released at the books and what the heisman odds are incensed they are released.? Unfortunately I do not live in Vegas 

 





Try calling the South Point . They might be more
helpful in putting you in touch with someone who 
can answer your questions. Many times when you
can get through to a Book , you'll get a ticket writer
who generally does not know anything but will tell
you only what you want to hear.
I don't know the timetable for Books to post the
Heisman odds , but if you monitor the Vegas
Insider website , they will post odds here as they
available.

GL   
thorpe PM thorpe
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11381
 
thorpe
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 2/8/2018 1:03:47 PM
If you google "heisman trophy odds released  2017" it looks like they were released the second week of April last year,
WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 20069
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 2/8/2018 1:09:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thorpe:

If you google "heisman trophy odds released  2017" it looks like they were released the second week of April last year,




Thorpe , Thanks , bud   
WISEGUY36 PM WISEGUY36
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 20069
 
WISEGUY36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 2/8/2018 2:59:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BBlusi:

Should I spread it around the sportsbooks? 

Maybe 6k at Mgm, 2k at Venetian, 2k at Westgate??  

Thoughts? 




I would highly recommend that , but large amounts
at any one book at any one time are likely to draw
unwanted attention to your efforts and cause you to
possibly be offered poorer odds.
One of the things I learned from my days of flying
into LV to bet College Football ( before I moved
here ) is that it pays to keep a low profile and not
draw attention to your wagers. That's true today as
well .
alopez14325 PM alopez14325
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 700
 
alopez14325
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 2/13/2018 12:42:02 AM
I would save at least half of that until the season starts, you can still get great odds through october and you will have the benefit of seeing what guys roles are, and dont have to worry about early season injuries....

Few darkhorse candidates:

1. Dwyane Haskins
2. Najee Harris
3. Deandre Francois
4. Kyler Murray
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 43629
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 2/25/2018 9:42:14 AM
Coming from someone who hit on lamar jackson at 125-1 & scam newton at 33-1 , the Heisman future is one of the worst bets in sports ...Anyone can win , sometimes someone who is not even offered when the odds are released ....

Best of luck though
Forum: College Football
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View