Achilles1629

Member Since:September 2015
Location:

Recent Posts

Date Post Entry

Achilles1629
NFL Betting > New Orleans is the easiest play of the day > View Post
I don't normally do this but I may just fade the OP here just because. I was leaning GB, now hearing that the saints are the easiest play? I may just pound GB here AT HOME

Achilles1629
NFL Betting > WINNA WINNA > View Post
I'm confused Murraylocks: you create a thread stating you are on the bears but then you come in here with the finger wagging when someone is in the bears? What's the story puddin pants?!

Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Achilles1629 MLB Playoff Thread > View Post
QUOTE Originally Posted by Achilles1629:
71-51 overall and 17-9 in the playoffs:

Game 7: Astros/Yankees Play:

So here we are; what's happened in the previous 6 games is history. It's game 7 so anything goes and anybody wagering on this game should understand this. I say this because so many Yankees backers keep beating the CC card into the ground. Listen, he has been nothing short of amazing yet he's just ONE guy. He's the starter yes, but to simply put your money on the Yankees because he is taking the ball tonite....what other reasons do you have? Any? I haven't heard any other than the "this value for NY is too good to pass up" stuff....The NY bats were hot in games 3-5 and the bullpen looked great for NY yet last nite they were touched up One guy, two guys, whatever....they were hit and they didn't do anything to support their game 3-5 performance. This is important because with a team at home who has yet to lose, has already lost to CC, has one of the highest OPS in history and the lowest K rate in baseball....this needs to factor into the equation here. The Astros looked awful against CC in their first meeting but I wonder....will there be a different approach here tonite? I think so. Are Altuve, Correa, Springer, Gonzalez, Gurriel all dogsh@t? 

What about the Yankees bats last nite? Cold, ice cold. With a young team like the Yankees is this the same feeling as the Indians series in a winner take all game? We'll see. Stakes are a lot higher tonite. Lastly, let's talk about Morton. The expectation is that he stinks it up again yet I can promise you the motivation will be there to pitch well at home against CC who has been lights out. Both starters probably won't see the 6th inning....yet all the eggs in the CC basket huh?  I had the Astros and Dodgers before the playoffs started and I am staying with the Astros here. The Yanks have played out of their minds this year in the playoffs but the Astros lineup is awake and I expect tonite whether it's a run game or a blowout for those bats to show up against the so called "unhittable CC and NY bullpen". All hands on deck tonite for both teams. Hearing the same clowns who called out Girardi in the Indians series for not replaying "the play" back him now and call Hinch out for starting Morton is ridiculous. I'm not even gonna touch on the "Houston Strong" mentality either. It's real and it will be felt tonite. Expect the unexpected tonite all. Anything can happen. That's all I can say. Go Astros!

Houston ML

GL ALL


Astros win baby! Never a doubt in this series! Crazy how all the Yanks backers EXPECTED CC AND THE BULLPEN TO DOMINATE....I said expect the unexpected and I can bet you that no Yanks backer saw Morton and McCullers throw a 3 hit shutout. Very happy for the city of Houston. Can't wait for the World Series!

72-51 overall and now 18-9 in the playoffs



Achilles1629
College Football > 2 late plays > View Post
I think at least 1/3 of my losses this year have come from Michigan alone. All good; that's my team. One of these years they will pay attention to the passing game. Not this year though! 

Achilles1629
College Football > NCAAF wk 8 Saturday Card w/Big Play > View Post
QUOTE Originally Posted by PhillyBrown:

Why are Michigan fans always such blowhards? lol relax man. If you think this revenge game is the same as the Chiefs vs Steelers then seriously forget it. Chiefs were more worried about Oakland on Thursday and Steelers were seething after getting trounced by the Jags. This is a whole different ballgame.


 


Anyway, adding a nightcap: SD St -7.5


Played against Fresno last week as I was not impressed with them vs SJ St but they rolled last week. SD St though is a much better team than New Mexico, and often what happens is you can have a solid strategy but be a week too early with it. If I would have been more thorough I would have seen that this was the much better game to play against Fresno instead of doing it last week. 


Blowhards? Too funny bud. I'm a blowhard because I write paragraphs like you supporting my side? One way street with you huh? Come on man. Let's be civil here. Michigan stunk it up much like the Seminoles yet I gotta read the bragging. Im the blowhard though. No need to go there philly. Time to move on and win some cash in the NFL. 


Achilles1629
College Football > NCAAF wk 8 Saturday Card w/Big Play > View Post
Florida State is an interesting team huh? If that team only had a qb. Kind of like Michigan.

Achilles1629
College Football > 2 late plays > View Post
Second half plays:

USC/ND OVER 27.5

Michigan +3

GL ALL



Achilles1629
College Football > 2 late plays > View Post
QUOTE Originally Posted by Achilles1629:
Adding: 

Michigan +4.5 FIRST HALF 

Figure if Michigan is to stay in this one, they need to play well out of the gate. Penn State off a bye so hopefully it takes some time for them to get going.....Considering public is pounding Penn State first half, I will take a shot here with this.

GL ALL


Aside from bad defense on that last drive, the bet came alive at the end there. All good. We get the full game cover though.

Now 35-24 on the season. 


Achilles1629
College Football > 2 late plays > View Post
Adding: 

Michigan +4.5 FIRST HALF

Figure if Michigan is to stay in this one, they need to play well out of the gate. Penn State off a bye so hopefully it takes some time for them to get going.....Considering public is pounding Penn State first half, I will take a shot here with this.

GL ALL



Achilles1629
College Football > 2 late plays > View Post
35-23 overall:

USC/ND OVER 62 

This is gonna be a fun one. Maybe OT? Public loves the under and I'm not totally sold on either defense so I'm hitting the over tonite. Small play.


Michigan +8

From the talk on this forum, I love that the majority feel Michigan has a 0 chance in this one tonite simply because of "revenge" and Barkley....a guy who has gone over 100 yards on the ground TWICE all year. Penn State should have 1 loss and they got lucky in Iowa; Michigan left one on the field against their rival. Do not talk to me about motivation in this game. Michigan wins this game they are back in the driver seat and basically control their own destiny. Penn State loses....all of the sudden it's a different narrative with the koolaid drinkers. Michigan State and Ohio State on deck. Good luck there. So Penn State had a bye....Michigan did too and they lost at home against a team that broke their hearts a year ago on a lucky punt block? Why no call for revenge there? Hey if the shoe fits though for the "revenge" party, so be it right? The only difference in these teams that I see is at the qb position. That's it. Michigan can't score? We'll see. They have the number one ppg defense in the nation too. Harbaugh and the staff know this so McSorley better be squeaky clean tonite. 




Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Achilles1629 MLB Playoff Thread > View Post
I've been wanting this for a while now and I got it in game 7. Reddick has been moved to the bottom of the lineup and Bregman is hitting at the 2 spot. I think this will be huge tonite considering reddick has been useless in between arguably the best 1,3 and 4 combo in baseball. Good move by Hinch tonite.

Achilles1629
MLB Betting > What am I missing? > View Post
I'm confident with my play buddy. Fix? Not tonite. The better TEAM wins. This isn't about the "unhittable bullpen and the GOAT, CC" or the so called p.o.s. Morton. It's game 7, anything goes and in the last game 7 I saw, we saw some crazy things in the World Series. Going in thinking the "ace" will have no issues and that the bullpen pitcheslights out....we've seen that story get proven wrong many times. Morton is no schlub and CC is hittable. If we are gonna go purely off the past, no road team has won in this series yet CC and his pitching lately trumps that? Hmmmm. Whoever is backing the Yankees will denounce the OPS of the Astros the whole year, they will denounce the lowest K rate in the league that the Astros have, they will also denounce the fact that this will be the second time the Astros have seen CC...the yanks backers will jump for joy with their "value of the line", the bullpen who by the way got touched up last nite and CC.

 The Astros backers will point to home field and all the the things I'm backing above yet trust that CC comes back due to earth. I'm not one to dwell on a previous game but it doesn't hurt that Altuve and Correa hit well last nite and it doesn't hurt that Judge, Sanchez and the rest of the lineup were somewhat cold aside from Heaey and Frazier. So what gives? Why cap this game because of starters when the smart ones know any hint of struggle will result in the bullpen. Want to cap this game off of the middle innings? That's fine but each team will throw out some starters to pitch relief. Who has the advantage? Tough to say. I like Houston at home, i think their veteran stars will remember last year and how they played in a NL elimination game and I think the Yankees will come up short. No fix. Just better team winning key. What are your thoughts?

Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Astros -128 > View Post
QUOTE Originally Posted by Towelie:
Astros Cannot be trusted. I am quietly confident that Yankees are going to win tonight. Astros have played all their cards. This game is going to come down to the bullpens tonight and the Astros bullpen is not good at all. Yankees ML is the play.  

Wow. Surprise. Haven't heard this post at all today. "Astros have played all their cards"? What does that mean? Also....this is post 2 for you? Thanks for stopping by. 


Achilles1629
College Football > Week 8 > View Post
Michigan baby! I have this feeling people will be very surprised with how both teams play tonite. Everyone expecting Penn State to dominate Michigan. I don't see it. I will take the points and may take the ML considering I think they probably win tonite.

Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Weeble's Saturday Picks > View Post
Good man. To victory tonite, weebles. Enjoy the game amigo. 

Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Achilles1629 MLB Playoff Thread > View Post
When i say expect the unexpected.....why can't the Yankees bullpen make the mistakes tonite rather than "obvious" of the Astros bullpen messing up? ALL we have heard about is the Yanks bullpen.....CC this CC that, Morton stinks. Ok......simple Yanks win huh? Oh yeah: " look at the value on the Yankees line". Wake me up because I'm growing bored hearing that crap all day.

Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Achilles1629 MLB Playoff Thread > View Post
71-51 overall and 17-9 in the playoffs:

Game 7: Astros/Yankees Play:

So here we are; what's happened in the previous 6 games is history. It's game 7 so anything goes and anybody wagering on this game should understand this. I say this because so many Yankees backers keep beating the CC card into the ground. Listen, he has been nothing short of amazing yet he's just ONE guy. He's the starter yes, but to simply put your money on the Yankees because he is taking the ball tonite....what other reasons do you have? Any? I haven't heard any other than the "this value for NY is too good to pass up" stuff....The NY bats were hot in games 3-5 and the bullpen looked great for NY yet last nite they were touched up One guy, two guys, whatever....they were hit and they didn't do anything to support their game 3-5 performance. This is important because with a team at home who has yet to lose, has already lost to CC, has one of the highest OPS in history and the lowest K rate in baseball....this needs to factor into the equation here. The Astros looked awful against CC in their first meeting but I wonder....will there be a different approach here tonite? I think so. Are Altuve, Correa, Springer, Gonzalez, Gurriel all dogsh@t? 

What about the Yankees bats last nite? Cold, ice cold. With a young team like the Yankees is this the same feeling as the Indians series in a winner take all game? We'll see. Stakes are a lot higher tonite. Lastly, let's talk about Morton. The expectation is that he stinks it up again yet I can promise you the motivation will be there to pitch well at home against CC who has been lights out. Both starters probably won't see the 6th inning....yet all the eggs in the CC basket huh?  I had the Astros and Dodgers before the playoffs started and I am staying with the Astros here. The Yanks have played out of their minds this year in the playoffs but the Astros lineup is awake and I expect tonite whether it's a run game or a blowout for those bats to show up against the so called "unhittable CC and NY bullpen". All hands on deck tonite for both teams. Hearing the same clowns who called out Girardi in the Indians series for not replaying "the play" back him now and call Hinch out for starting Morton is ridiculous. I'm not even gonna touch on the "Houston Strong" mentality either. It's real and it will be felt tonite. Expect the unexpected tonite all. Anything can happen. That's all I can say. Go Astros!

Houston ML

GL ALL


Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Charlie Morton in game 7?? > View Post
I think it pays dividends. Wouldn't it be something if it's CC who struggles? Ya know....the "automatic CC" who can do no wrong. I will be honest when I say that I've seen this before recently. With who? Kluber last year in game 7. The guy was automatic yet he didn't well and all the Indians backers who backed them because of Kluber were left speechless.  We saw it this year as well with him too. CC is touchable and I'd be a lot more concerned if the Astros didn't put up a lot last nite but I can promise you with his the showed up last nite, this team doesn't care who is on the mound fir the Yankees tonite. I actually think if you asked them, they'd want CC on the mound so they could have another shot at him. This is the SECOND time they will have seen CC and I have this feeling the approach will be a little different this time. As for Morton, EVERYBODY expects him to struggle; how many times have you seen it this year where the clear "other" pitcher shows up and actually pitches well? It has happened and I think it happens tonite. 

Achilles1629
College Football > OFFICIAL WEEKLY SUCKER BETS OF THE WEEK > View Post
apparently the nite game tonite shouldn't even be played.....according to some at least. Apparently Penn State should just show up and expect Michigan to get back on the plane because they just have no shot tonite. Perception is a b@tch and I think it rears its icky head tonite for those who think Michigan gets blown out.

Achilles1629
College Football > NCAAF wk 8 Saturday Card w/Big Play > View Post
Wow. A sucker bet? So this game shouldn't even be played tonite huh? I mean let's not even bother. Penn State has played some tough competition this year right? It's so funny that one last second play can do so much for Penn State backers. And on the other side, it's crazy to think that a game Michigan gave away counts so much against them. Michigan can't get in the end zone huh? Philly, you seem to know what you are talking about most of the time, not so sure in college lately but hey we go through our ups and downs right? That's normal....you think harbaugh comes in and just hands the ball off 45 times and expects to win? Play it safe? Overrated coach in Harbaugh you say?  The conversation stops here man. This tells me your gate for the guy rather than you understand the realities here. I forgot, he's the guy who has thrown the pick 6s and he's the guy who turned the ball over 5 times against Michigan state in the rain. But hey....Franklin is a god right? Barkley is a works beater who has gone over 100 yards on the ground twice this year though....aside from the kickoff/punt return, he's good but he isn't a god like everybody thinks he is. So if you don't have a heisman candidate you ain't sh@t huh? Bama is doing pretty well though right? I understand you are backing Penn State but what I don't understand is what you've seen that makes this a blowout game for the home team tonite. Michigan better defense, o line just as good, yet Penn State are world beaters. We'll see.....

Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Sat Mlb > View Post
QUOTE Originally Posted by undermysac:
Benny...it's you and me vs the world.

I feel good.


Best of Luck Buddy

Amigos. I hear more about CC on here than I do about anything else in this game. So with that, I'd say you have more than you two on the Yankees. Enjoy the game guys. 


Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Game 7 line makes no sense > View Post
QUOTE Originally Posted by Doubleadownon12:

I'm sorry but your telling me the same pitcher who couldn't last 2 innings is going to outpitch C.C who won an elimination game on the road? Can't see that happening.


This isn't about just two players buddy. I'm taking the better team at home. 


Achilles1629
MLB Betting > GAME 7 WINNER > View Post
And the Astros at home haven't lost. I wonder if the Astros just lay down because it's CC? It's too funny hearing almost every Yankees backer refer to CC as the sure thing tonite.

Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Its not Morton v CC > View Post
Yeah.....is there an echo in here? I write something very similar to this today. Yanks backers are loving CC tonite.....we'll see how that goes!

Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Game 7 line makes no sense > View Post
QUOTE Originally Posted by undermysac:
^Remember what happened to Verlander last time he came out of the pen?

And he kind of pitched yesterday...no f*cking way he's used today. That's insane

What's insane is thinking that these games will go as we expect. Expect the unexpected amigo. It's a game 7. Anything goes and if verlander came to me wanting the ball when we need two or three outs, I'm handing him the ball. There is no reason why back in the days guys lived on complete games and there was no such thing as situational bullpen ball. There was b@tching, there was no pampering, those guys pitched. Why can't we expect that in today's game when everything is on the line? Because it's not the norm? We can look at Scherzer and save out of the pen and say it didn't work but let's not say because he pitched yesterday that there is no chance he can't get those outs. Bullpen or not, rest or not, the yanks haven't touched thus guy yet so if I'm the coach of the Astros, I'm rolling the dice of the situation calls for a few outs.


Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Game 7 line makes no sense > View Post
Astros win tonite. Enjoy the game. 

Achilles1629
College Football > Sac's Week 8 Plays > View Post
QUOTE Originally Posted by UNIMAN:
With you on ND.

Penn St -10 and -9.5 in Vegas right now. My prediction is if Penn St can jump out to a double digit lead then it's all over as Michigan cannot play catchup football. Otherwise chance UM could cover. Small chance!

GL, except the Penn St bet.  

Michigan first half might be the best bet considering your statement above. They know they have to control the clock and they know they will need to strike first. At+6, it is catching my eye. Also, dont be surprised if Michigan wins this game. They WILL be ready. 


Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Game 7 > View Post
With ya amigo. But CC is so good and the Yankees bullpen is unhittable....That's all we've heard today and it's gotten old. Can't wait until this game. Go Astros.

Achilles1629
MLB Betting > McCullers should be starting tonight if the Astros want to win b/c stage is too big for Morton > View Post
I think Morton does well tonite. I also don't think it's gonna come down to the starters. 

Achilles1629
MLB Betting > Astros starting Charlie Morton in game 7 > View Post
QUOTE Originally Posted by kimoinsd808:
CC after a Yanks loss has been $$$. Road, home no matter.  He's pitched in big spots. Morton, not so much.

Man....if it were only that easy huh? In CC all trust.....All the eggs in the CC basket for the Yankees backers? Can't wait to see how the Astros approach him tonite. 
Forums
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View