Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 13 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [Politics] Topic: Democrats ARE bailing on Obama ..................
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Canada
#51
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:01:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:

I'm glad to see Patricia Campion joined us cappers here at covers.com. Who do you like in the Nat'l Championship and what do you think the spread will be at kickoff?

Also, is posting someone's work on a pro-gambling website, even if it is word for word and not cited, plagerism or copyright infringement? Is slim selling this off as his own and making a profit? Is Slim completing his thesis and not documenting his sources?

To be or not to be...that is the question. I just made that up. I dare anyone who says I didn't make it up to sue me.

I guess if SJP said this was plagerism or copyright infringement then you guys would believe in her too.

You obviously don't have any formal post-secondary education.

You do not have to 'profit' off someone's work for it to be plagiarism 

Here's some advice, this is not the time to step in and defend Slim...
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Canada
#52
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:04:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by darkhorse12:

Patricia, maybe you should check out  kroger's threads since 99% are cut & paste. I'm sure you will find some of your work involved there also.


Not to mention digging up all the old post from alias after alias...
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Canada
#53
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:06:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kaponofor3:




You just gonna slip that in there quietly? Do tell what happened Rick.




Yea for real, is there a 'Hillbilly Defence League" movie in the works?

Is there video of rick whopping some behind, what happened rick? 
quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4931
Location: United States
#54
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:12:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


You obviously don't have any formal post-secondary education.

You do not have to 'profit' off someone's work for it to be plagiarism 

Here's some advice, this is not the time to step in and defend Slim...

What is the penalty?
quote
PatriciaCampion send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PatriciaCampion
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Location:
#55
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:13:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


As a member of this community I appreciate your patience and professionalism on this matter. I personally find Slim's actions disgusting, and I'm glad you are (rightfully) targeting him and not the site.

It's nice to meet another rational conservative. They are few and far between around here, as you can tell by the opening post in this thread. So feel free to visit this site often and hold all posters in this forum to account. 

Cheers 


I appreciate your patience and professionalism too, Disco... and your support.

Being a conservative doesn't blind me to the ridiculous behavior of my representatives and members of my own party though... If you think I was hard on Slim you should read the open letter I wrote to Michele Bachmann... the whiney little twit.

I swear if that woman says "UniNed States" instead of UniTed States" one more time I think I blow a gasket...

And to think she labels herself as a member of the TEA party...

Anyway, I appreciate your invitation to visit.
Having lived in the Detroit area for 20 years before moving to Florida the only sport I really follow is hockey.
(The Lions and Tigers weren't exactly on fire during my stay in the Motor City but the Red Wings won 3 Stanley Cups!)

Having Stevie Y as the new GM for the Lightning has done wonders to alleviate my guilt in rooting for my new hometown team but I will always have a special place in my heart for my Wings.

If you have any interest, here's a link to a story I wrote during the NHL playoff last year.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7970387/the_tampa_bay_lightning_and_the_power.html?cat=8

We lost in the final round but damn it was an amazing ride.
quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13551
Location: United States
#56
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:18:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:


What is the penalty?

People will think you will have nothing of substance to add, instead just partisanship.

Oh wait.....

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13551
Location: United States
#57
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:18:23 PM
This thread..... Patricia, I hope you can check back tonight. I would like to respond to your article and in turn, will look forward to your rebuttal.
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Canada
#58
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:21:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

This thread.....

A very amusing day around here indeed 
quote
PatriciaCampion send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PatriciaCampion
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Location:
#59
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:29:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

This thread..... Patricia, I hope you can check back tonight. I would like to respond to your article and in turn, will look forward to your rebuttal.


As long as we keep the discussion civil and respectful, I am SO game for that.

Thank you!!!
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14445
Location:
#60
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:47:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:



Yea for real, is there a 'Hillbilly Defence League" movie in the works?

Is there video of rick whopping some behind, what happened rick? 

I was at a local bar that I frequent.  Kind of the "older, young professionals crowd".  Watching the games with a buddy, having a good time, when the cast of the Jersey shore walked in (not literally but you get the picture),  blowout haircuts, dudes wearing tank tops under coats,  giant chain/cross.  Girls were orange from fake tan.  Disgusting.  

One of their buddies was not too bad though and he and one of the girls were talking to us about Rutgers (of course), and the future of the Big East.  The guy ended up going back to his table, but the girl stayed at the bar talking to my buddy.  Clearly a phone number getting/and or going back home situation, from what I could tell.  

The greasiest of the guys walked by the bar saying something to the effect of " you don't want to hang out with these in-bread hillbillies" With a smile on his face half-joking.  
Without even thinking I stood up cocked back and (surprisingly) slapped, (yes slapped) him harder than I have ever slapped anyone in my life.  It made a huge smack sound, and everyone looked over.  This guy was clearly stunned and didn't know what to do so he tackled me hit me a couple of times, but I was able to roll on top of him, I didn't reign down any blows, I just asked him if he was done, and after some weak attempts at a reversal or escape he conceded.  

Also surprisingly ,  nobody was kicked out of the bar.  Everyone just carried on like nothing had happened.  

Had to go home with a fat lip.  wife was not too impressed. 

I think I am more sensitive to it because I did not grow up in this area, I just hate to be called a redneck or hillibily, especially by someone who is not a redneck or hillibilly. 
quote
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#61
Posted: 11/29/2011 6:23:08 PM
Look at disco D sucking up to a journalist who is relatively opposed to his own racist socialist delusions about society.  You make me laugh at your arrogance regarding nearly every point you ever make and your being convinced as to your point's righteousness adds to my repulsion as well as your typical liberal elite "educated" snobbery.

The same person denigrating old white men probably has not read a shred of Thomas Paine or any of the great white male thinkers whose visions laid the groundwork for our countries foundations and quite frankly a group of individuals whose genius needs to be tapped for the very salvation of our country.

Wishing for racial diversity based on its own sake is ridiculous.  Our country has fixed many of its racial and social inequities over time and it will continue to evolve if given a chance.  Forcing an affirmative action inexperienced lazy person like Obama surrounded by his legions of crooks, sycophants, and socialist ideologues gets you right where affirmative action leads and that is someone ill or less qualified for a job than another person.



quote
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#62
Posted: 11/29/2011 6:30:37 PM
Well Patricia you got plagiarized.  I'd call that a complement but it is a shame Slim didn't respond like this.
"My dear, I am sorry I did not reference you as the source of this post but I am delighted to see you here.  I loved your article so much it moved me and quite frankly I am a better person for having been exposed to you.  I greatly apologize for my oversight/stupidity and wish your continued success in your profession where truly objective conservative journalists are quite frankly too few.   I will not fail to reference your ideas when I find them interesting and worthy of commentary in the future."
quote
PatriciaCampion send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PatriciaCampion
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Location:
#63
Posted: 11/29/2011 6:31:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by drJ:

Look at disco D sucking up to a journalist who is relatively opposed to his own racist socialist delusions about society.  You make me laugh at your arrogance regarding nearly every point you ever make and your being convinced as to your point's righteousness adds to my repulsion as well as your typical liberal elite "educated" snobbery.

The same person denigrating old white men probably has not read a shred of Thomas Paine or any of the great white male thinkers whose visions laid the groundwork for our countries foundations and quite frankly a group of individuals whose genius needs to be tapped for the very salvation of our country.

Wishing for racial diversity based on its own sake is ridiculous.  Our country has fixed many of its racial and social inequities over time and it will continue to evolve if given a chance.  Forcing an affirmative action inexperienced lazy person like Obama surrounded by his legions of crooks, sycophants, and socialist ideologues gets you right where affirmative action leads and that is someone ill or less qualified for a job than another person.





Wow... Most people would be embarrassed if their narrow minded, childish, bigoted rants were made public like that.

Careful there, drJ, your insecurity panties are showing.
quote
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#64
Posted: 11/29/2011 6:33:44 PM
Rick, this one's for you

?Long Haired Redneck?

quote
PatriciaCampion send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PatriciaCampion
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Location:
#65
Posted: 11/29/2011 6:36:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by drJ:

Well Patricia you got plagiarized.  I'd call that a complement but it is a shame Slim didn't respond like this.
"My dear, I am sorry I did not reference you as the source of this post but I am delighted to see you here.  I loved your article so much it moved me and quite frankly I am a better person for having been exposed to you.  I greatly apologize for my oversight/stupidity and wish your continued success in your profession where truly objective conservative journalists are quite frankly too few.   I will not fail to reference your ideas when I find them interesting and worthy of commentary in the future."


And you called Disco a "suck up"?


quote
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#66
Posted: 11/29/2011 6:37:05 PM
I'm a highly secure person.  I've seen enough of reverse racism to last a lifetime when black minorities were passed in LSU med school when my asian, white, indian male and female fellow students would flunk if one class was failed.
I for one think that insulting white people is just as bad and that is what Disco D was doing earlier.
quote
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#67
Posted: 11/29/2011 6:37:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PatriciaCampion:



And you called Disco a "suck up"?



Obviously the irony was lost on you.
quote
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#68
Posted: 11/29/2011 7:08:36 PM
Patricia why is it that focus on Bachmann's inane colloquialisms rather than her lapses in historical accuracy, her deluded thoughts that homosexuality is an illness, or her overt hypocrisy that she wants the government out of our lives yet proposes the government in our bedrooms and uterus.   I too dislike the woman but learned long ago as a visitor to the south that some people who talk odd can be astoundingly intelligent.
I will also tell you whether you care or not that I am not a racist in manner you think I am.  You mistake me blasting someone I consider a racist for racism itself.  Quite frankly as Dennis Miller said(note the reference, not that he's insecure enough to care) "the only thing cool about Obama is that he is black."
I had hopes for him and was happy with our post racial society in progress.  Turns out he wasn't vetted because either he was a democrat or black.  No college scores?, no SAT scores?  Please tell me why he is the first in history not to be vetted?  Is it the soft bigotry of diminished expectations?
I have to go to the hospital now to see a mutual patient of the best neurosurgeon I know.  The man(neurosurgeon) is as black as the day is long and I refer to him exclusively.  I would not be ashamed to discuss any of my opinions with my friend nor hear his criticism of my thoughts but quite frankly you misinterpret me and my intentions so I'll end any further discourse with you.


quote
PatriciaCampion send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PatriciaCampion
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Location:
#69
Posted: 11/29/2011 7:11:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by drJ:

I'm a highly secure person.  I've seen enough of reverse racism to last a lifetime when black minorities were passed in LSU med school when my asian, white, indian male and female fellow students would flunk if one class was failed.
I for one think that insulting white people is just as bad and that is what Disco D was doing earlier.


Obviously this is where the lost irony landed.
quote
Crusher13 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Crusher13
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3988
Location: Texas
#70
Posted: 11/29/2011 7:16:41 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by drJ] Look at disco D sucking up to a journalist who is relatively opposed to his own racist socialist delusions about society.  You make me laugh at your arrogance regarding nearly every point you ever make and your being convinced as to your point's righteousness adds to my repulsion as well as your typical liberal elite "educated" snobbery.

The same person denigrating old white men probably has not read a shred of Thomas Paine or any of the great white male thinkers whose visions laid the groundwork for our countries foundations and quite frankly a group of individuals whose genius needs to be tapped for the very salvation of our country.

Wishing for racial diversity based on its own sake is ridiculous.  Our country has fixed many of its racial and social inequities over time and it will continue to evolve if given a chance.  Forcing an affirmative action inexperienced lazy person like Obama surrounded by his legions of crooks, sycophants, and socialist ideologues gets you right where affirmative action leads and that is someone ill or less qualified for a job than another person.



  

What an embarassment Disco is to Covers.

His lips couldn't be more up her squeeky behind than flies on fresh cow poopoo. Since when do Covers members suck up to anybody for that matter, I could have sworn that was in the manifesto

Oh wait, before long we will have administration officials chiming in like our moderators, I'll report you to the FBI, CIA.............Please folks this is a degenerate gamblers website Nothing more and nothing less..........

Carry on fellow brothas...............
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Canada
#71
Posted: 11/29/2011 7:25:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:


I was at a local bar that I frequent.  Kind of the "older, young professionals crowd".  Watching the games with a buddy, having a good time, when the cast of the Jersey shore walked in (not literally but you get the picture),  blowout haircuts, dudes wearing tank tops under coats,  giant chain/cross.  Girls were orange from fake tan.  Disgusting.  

One of their buddies was not too bad though and he and one of the girls were talking to us about Rutgers (of course), and the future of the Big East.  The guy ended up going back to his table, but the girl stayed at the bar talking to my buddy.  Clearly a phone number getting/and or going back home situation, from what I could tell.  

The greasiest of the guys walked by the bar saying something to the effect of " you don't want to hang out with these in-bread hillbillies" With a smile on his face half-joking.  
Without even thinking I stood up cocked back and (surprisingly) slapped, (yes slapped) him harder than I have ever slapped anyone in my life.  It made a huge smack sound, and everyone looked over.  This guy was clearly stunned and didn't know what to do so he tackled me hit me a couple of times, but I was able to roll on top of him, I didn't reign down any blows, I just asked him if he was done, and after some weak attempts at a reversal or escape he conceded.  

Also surprisingly ,  nobody was kicked out of the bar.  Everyone just carried on like nothing had happened.  

Had to go home with a fat lip.  wife was not too impressed. 

I think I am more sensitive to it because I did not grow up in this area, I just hate to be called a redneck or hillibily, especially by someone who is not a redneck or hillibilly. 

Yea... sounds like you shouldn't have 'lost it' on him but I'm glad nothing serious happened and you are ok. 

I'm pretty sure you'll know better for next time if this type of thing happens, and that it may have been more responsible of you to just ask him to 'stop being so ignorant' as a first step, so I won't point it out.   

But I do understand your frustrations. Some people just have no sense. 
quote
PatriciaCampion send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PatriciaCampion
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Location:
#72
Posted: 11/29/2011 7:30:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by drJ:

Patricia why is it that focus on Bachmann's inane colloquialisms rather than her lapses in historical accuracy, her deluded thoughts that homosexuality is an illness, or her overt hypocrisy that she wants the government out of our lives yet proposes the government in our bedrooms and uterus.   I too dislike the woman but learned long ago as a visitor to the south that some people who talk odd can be astoundingly intelligent.
I will also tell you whether you care or not that I am not a racist in manner you think I am.  You mistake me blasting someone I consider a racist for racism itself.  Quite frankly as Dennis Miller said(note the reference, not that he's insecure enough to care) "the only thing cool about Obama is that he is black."
I had hopes for him and was happy with our post racial society in progress.  Turns out he wasn't vetted because either he was a democrat or black.  No college scores?, no SAT scores?  Please tell me why he is the first in history not to be vetted?  Is it the soft bigotry of diminished expectations?
I have to go to the hospital now to see a mutual patient of the best neurosurgeon I know.  The man(neurosurgeon) is as black as the day is long and I refer to him exclusively.  I would not be ashamed to discuss any of my opinions with my friend nor hear his criticism of my thoughts but quite frankly you misinterpret me and my intentions so I'll end any further discourse with you.




First - my reference to Bachmann was a quote from an open letter I posted through an assignment on Yahoo News.

The entire article can be found by following this link.

http://news.yahoo.com/dear-mrs-bachman-please-stop-insulting-233800627.html

Second - my comment about Bachmann was not directed to you. I was responding to Disco, whose welcome I appreciated.

Third - You have some serious race issues. You bounce from med school to Disco and then to Obama... Like Don Henley said "You keep carrying that anger, it will eat you up inside."

Fourth - I am not misinterpreting. The capacity to interpret what someone is really saying is rather part of my job as a writer and political journalist.

I hate to burst your ego bubble there drJ but it is your delivery that sucks.

Fifth and last - Thank you for sparing me "further discourse."
The brief encounter we shared today was indeed more than sufficient.
quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4931
Location: United States
#73
Posted: 11/29/2011 7:40:25 PM
I never got Mrs Campion's opinion on the BCS Championship? Do you think it will be LSU vs Bama and if it is what do you think the spread will be?
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5854
Location: Nevada
#74
Posted: 11/29/2011 7:42:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:


I was at a local bar that I frequent.  Kind of the "older, young professionals crowd".  Watching the games with a buddy, having a good time, when the cast of the Jersey shore walked in (not literally but you get the picture),  blowout haircuts, dudes wearing tank tops under coats,  giant chain/cross.  Girls were orange from fake tan.  Disgusting.  

One of their buddies was not too bad though and he and one of the girls were talking to us about Rutgers (of course), and the future of the Big East.  The guy ended up going back to his table, but the girl stayed at the bar talking to my buddy.  Clearly a phone number getting/and or going back home situation, from what I could tell.  

The greasiest of the guys walked by the bar saying something to the effect of " you don't want to hang out with these in-bread hillbillies" With a smile on his face half-joking.  
Without even thinking I stood up cocked back and (surprisingly) slapped, (yes slapped) him harder than I have ever slapped anyone in my life.  It made a huge smack sound, and everyone looked over.  This guy was clearly stunned and didn't know what to do so he tackled me hit me a couple of times, but I was able to roll on top of him, I didn't reign down any blows, I just asked him if he was done, and after some weak attempts at a reversal or escape he conceded.  

Also surprisingly ,  nobody was kicked out of the bar.  Everyone just carried on like nothing had happened.  

Had to go home with a fat lip.  wife was not too impressed. 

I think I am more sensitive to it because I did not grow up in this area, I just hate to be called a redneck or hillibily, especially by someone who is not a redneck or hillibilly. 

Honestly I don't blame you at all for what you did. I think it's fine and these things happen. Although a "slap" probably is a bit out of the ordinary but it actually probably embarrassed the other guy way more than a punch. 

I actually believe getting into a fight once every couple of years is good so long as no one gets seriously hurt. I've been in fights before where I ended up drinking with the guy later that night. We fought, got it out of our systems, made amends, and went about our business. We actually had more respect for each other. 

You probably did the guy a favor too. I bet he will think twice before saying something like that to a stranger again. 
quote
PatriciaCampion send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PatriciaCampion
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Location:
#75
Posted: 11/29/2011 7:59:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:

I never got Mrs Campion's opinion on the BCS Championship? Do you think it will be LSU vs Bama and if it is what do you think the spread will be?


LOL

Sorry canovsp... but I know where my expertise ends and sports isn't one of my areas.

I can talk hockey though - 20 years of rabid Red Wing devotion in the heart of Hockeytown... and three years of learning to love the Tampa Bay Lightning (Stevie Y's arrival helped make the transition less guilt-ridden).




quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 13 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.