Demarco Murray

Forum: Fantasy Sports Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Fantasy Sports] Topic: Demarco Murray
2Team_Parlay PM 2Team_Parlay
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 9036
California
 
2Team_Parlay
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/20/2012 8:02:39 PM
is worthy of a #1 pick? say at 8-10? or is second round about right for him?
cuwgolfer PM cuwgolfer
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3312
Wisconsin
 
cuwgolfer
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/20/2012 10:55:32 PM
2nd round. way too risk of a pick in the top 10
pulledclear PM pulledclear
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 3202
United States
 
pulledclear
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/21/2012 12:39:50 AM
No.
mischkin04 PM mischkin04
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1728
Florida
 
mischkin04
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/21/2012 9:11:58 AM

   He'll get a ton of carries but early 2nd sounds about right.

      

mightiestmojo PM mightiestmojo
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 6731
Texas
 
mightiestmojo
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/22/2012 9:05:48 AM
2nd. 
bizkilla PM bizkilla
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1725
 
bizkilla
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/22/2012 2:45:33 PM

When the heard is all going one way towards 2nd round, you must break away and do the opposite. In 2010 before Arian Foster's breakout, I took him 3rd round. The rest is history. Everyone was scratching head their head why, for a player who played 2 games and was still an enigma. That was a championship team. You have to take risks. He is a very capable back. yes he's ahd some concerns but he also displayed an ability that he belongs in the NFL and could compete at a high level. I highly value Murray this year and think he is worth a gamble late 1st round early second. I would take a shot at Murray over someone like Andre Johnson or even Roddy White.

Sometimes, especially in fantasy you have to reach. Use the rankings provided by the so called "experts" as guides. Make your own rankings. I like to use a  basic spreadsheet. If anyone is interested Ill send you a copy. The rows represent the rounds, then there are 3 columns. The left side green, middle yellow, right red. Guys are grouped in the projected rounds and chronologically ranked. So if were in the 3rd round and I see that I have a guy who was labeled "green" that still is available and was ranked in the 2nd, I may be inclined to take him. The guys in yellow are my caution plays, guys worth a gamble but arent as sure (most players will fall into yellow), then there is red, guys I do not want on my tea (last year Peyton Hillis, although had to take a gamble as he fell 2 rounds in one of my leagues)

Yes, Murray is worth a 1st rounder.

--phillyfan-- PM --phillyfan--
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 14435
United States
 
--phillyfan--
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/22/2012 3:16:46 PM

^ i would like to view your ranking list Bizkilla.. send me a PM if u dont mind with a LINK


2Team_Parlay PM 2Team_Parlay
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 9036
California
 
2Team_Parlay
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/22/2012 11:41:06 PM
yeah bizkilla im also interestesd to see your spreadsheet...

i also have a system in which i rank players, and i also use the espn ranking as a base, and from there i determine how high i have a player going.. 

this year im high on murray and im inclined to take him early 2nd round...
cuwgolfer PM cuwgolfer
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3312
Wisconsin
 
cuwgolfer
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/23/2012 12:05:12 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bizkilla:

When the heard is all going one way towards 2nd round, you must break away and do the opposite. In 2010 before Arian Foster's breakout, I took him 3rd round. The rest is history. Everyone was scratching head their head why, for a player who played 2 games and was still an enigma. That was a championship team. You have to take risks. He is a very capable back. yes he's ahd some concerns but he also displayed an ability that he belongs in the NFL and could compete at a high level. I highly value Murray this year and think he is worth a gamble late 1st round early second. I would take a shot at Murray over someone like Andre Johnson or even Roddy White.

Sometimes, especially in fantasy you have to reach. Use the rankings provided by the so called "experts" as guides. Make your own rankings. I like to use a  basic spreadsheet. If anyone is interested Ill send you a copy. The rows represent the rounds, then there are 3 columns. The left side green, middle yellow, right red. Guys are grouped in the projected rounds and chronologically ranked. So if were in the 3rd round and I see that I have a guy who was labeled "green" that still is available and was ranked in the 2nd, I may be inclined to take him. The guys in yellow are my caution plays, guys worth a gamble but arent as sure (most players will fall into yellow), then there is red, guys I do not want on my tea (last year Peyton Hillis, although had to take a gamble as he fell 2 rounds in one of my leagues)

Yes, Murray is worth a 1st rounder.

send it to me. I will check it out if you get time 
bizkilla PM bizkilla
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1725
 
bizkilla
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/23/2012 1:06:07 AM
Congrats! You each get a free spreadsheet of my rankings. Ill PM each of you. Let me add some touches in terms of notes on why certain guys are where they are and such. Your feedback would be appreciated.
2Team_Parlay PM 2Team_Parlay
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 9036
California
 
2Team_Parlay
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/23/2012 2:08:24 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bizkilla:

Congrats! You each get a free spreadsheet of my rankings. Ill PM each of you. Let me add some touches in terms of notes on why certain guys are where they are and such. Your feedback would be appreciated.

SirBetzAlot PM SirBetzAlot
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 244
North Carolina
 
SirBetzAlot
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/23/2012 8:13:54 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cuwgolfer:

send it to me. I will check it out if you get time 
Redman910 PM Redman910
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
North Carolina
 
Redman910
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/23/2012 9:01:44 AM
bizkilla send me one too if u can bro. i sent u a friend request....thanks.
TwinTebow PM TwinTebow
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 457
Kentucky
 
TwinTebow
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/6/2012 9:04:26 PM
biz, could you send me a sheet as well??
jacksup PM jacksup
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 402
United States
 
jacksup
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/10/2012 1:39:38 AM

Biz, send me your sheet and we will compare notes.  pokernationak@yahoo.com

FCasanova PM FCasanova
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 5
New Jersey
 
FCasanova
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/10/2012 4:15:33 AM
bizkilla, send me a copy please
MarkyMark987 PM MarkyMark987
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 155
 
MarkyMark987
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 4:24:09 PM
biz- added you as a friend can you send me one as well?
mischkin04 PM mischkin04
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1728
Florida
 
mischkin04
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 8:05:01 PM

   Weren't we discussing Murray?   Move him up after the Mathew's incident.

ogmike PM ogmike
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2947
Texas
 
ogmike
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:06:07 PM
bizkilla, would you mind sending me your spreadsheet as well
mikemangino81@gmail.com

thanks!
FrozenTundra PM FrozenTundra
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 8001
Canada
 
FrozenTundra
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:20:04 PM
would love a copy also. corp_aj@hotmail.com

thanks!
slikstiks99 PM slikstiks99
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5838
Zambia
 
slikstiks99
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/13/2012 1:34:43 AM
I see this guy getting hurt. Had a bad feeling about Matthews too and that didn't pan out so well. I'll sit comfortably with a hopefully healthy Felix Jones.                                      
2Team_Parlay PM 2Team_Parlay
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 9036
California
 
2Team_Parlay
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/13/2012 1:09:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mischkin04:

   Weren't we discussing Murray?   Move him up after the Mathew's incident.


i agree i was never high on mathews anyway... guy is made of glass... im not sure how clavicles heal but even if he starts week 1 he could be bugged by this the rest of the season cuz he will be repeatedly taking hits to his shoulder...
Goin4Broke PM Goin4Broke
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 35
 
Goin4Broke
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/17/2012 12:02:13 AM
mcfadden> murray, if you have that choice
mightiestmojo PM mightiestmojo
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 6731
Texas
 
mightiestmojo
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/17/2012 9:24:36 PM
Stay away from Murray unless it's late 2nd or 3rd too much risk to go with the reward plus JJ loves Felix Jones so you know he'll get lots of play since JJ runs the team. 
dave76801 PM dave76801
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 493
Illinois
 
dave76801
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/18/2012 4:37:59 PM
Hi Biz , 

You have very sound logic. Can you please send me a copy of your spread sheet ?  dave7680@gmail.com 

Thank you
Forum: Fantasy Sports Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.