Messages

Forum Index : Pro Football : Messages Page 4 of 10 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
Author: [Pro Football] Topic: New York at New England (02/05/2012)
Coloneljim
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Coloneljim
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 12246
Location:
#76
Posted: 1/27/2012 7:28:17 PM

OK PATICAKE, been waiting for my favorite cappers play.

Two points I want to make before posting my pick.

First,let's all celebrate the fact that it's a Manning -Brady Super Bowl and not a Vick-Sanchez (It was supposed to be us Bowl).

Secondly, this is the Manning - Brady Super Bowl. Everything else about this match-up is irrelevant. If Manning wins this game who's the better QB?  TWO SU DOG SUPER BOWL WINS (over the Golden Boy) FOR MANNING will make a pretty good case for the Giant QB. Pressure is on Tommy. This game is all about the QB's. With that being said, I'll lose my money on the;

New York Giants - 31                          New England - 21

GEE-MEN +3                                   under 55

Congrats to the Mara's Tisch, and Manning family's for another Lombardi trophy on their mantle.

Hope I'm invited to pc party.........

GL e-pics  you win I win my friend. We both know Eli wants this one bigtime, especially playing the game on big brothers home turf.

 

 

quote
Coloneljim
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Coloneljim
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 12246
Location:
#77
Posted: 1/27/2012 7:32:08 PM

famlies    there I go again. Too many Rolling Rocks while posting plays.

The drunkin Colonel

GO G-MEN

quote
B_Dubz send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bodog |
B_Dubz
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 119
Location: Wisconsin
#78
Posted: 1/28/2012 1:55:19 AM
Im with the Bird Man here

Not laying 5 Milli but still I dont think that Pats will lose to them for the second time.
quote
LoCarbMonster send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LoCarbMonster
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 20
Location:
#79
Posted: 1/28/2012 3:46:31 AM

A few thoughts on this game:  After working in the industry in nevada for nearly six years, i've seen a lot of interesting things.  The 'books out here stand to lose a considerable amount if the giants win.  That's why i was a little surprised to see pats open at -3 in most places.  I heard on the radio that the nevada 'books have made a profit in 19 of the last 21 superbowls.  Most people i've talked to this week love the Gmen.

I do as well...what's not to like?  The giants are healthy, already won AT new england.  They face a defense that ranked 31st in the regular season allowing something like 411 yards a game?  That is horrendous.  I read a post on here that said something like the Patriot D must not be "that bad" since they made the superbowl.  Lol....they played two winning teams in the regular season, lost both....they had a soft schedule with the likes of the fins, bills, chiefs, colts, etc...They beat a denver team in the playoffs that shouldnt even have been in the playoffs....I would have expected nothing less than a 20+ point win.  The only thing that scares me about my Giants pick, is the fact that it seems so obvious.  I'm taking the points, the ML and also prop bets.  I got the Giants -3.5 at +210 and Giants -6.5 at +320.  I'm getting over 3 to 1 odds that the Gmen win by a touchdown?  Seems VERY POSSIBLE.  Good luck to all!

LoCarbMonster

quote
dddevin69 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
dddevin69
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 994
Location: Oklahoma
#80
Posted: 1/28/2012 7:30:25 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by phillies926:

Everyone and their mothers was on the Patriots in that Super Bowl but somehow everyone took the Giants in Super Bowl 42 according to these posts. That makes no sense since the bookies made a killing on that game thanks to the GMen. So I am highly doubting every poster on here took the GMen in that game. Lets be real people.

 

 

 

You're a very smart poster.  But....I just have to lay out some...FACTS.  .  Over 60% of the betting public picked the giants and won when the Giants played Ne in 2008. WHY?!?!?!?   because...Ne was favored by -14.   I'm not saying 60% of the betting public predicted a flat out upset...but 14 was alot of points then as well as now and basically even joe blow knew this was disrespectful.  Also..covers.com put out an article in 2008 stating how Vegas actually lost   on that particular game. 

 

             So to be "real" as you put it....yes the VAST MAJORITY of the posters on here..even the dumb ones (not saying who is  who...u know who u are....) more than likely picked the giants to cover.  Personally, I picked the Giants to cover big time and predicted a 3 point game either way.  I picked NE by 3 30 mins before the game, but rite when the game started I had a tremendous feeling the giants may win by 3.  I predicted a 27-24 score before that game started.  and yes I predicted the giants would pressure Brady and his hurt ankle before the game as well.  U seem smart and LOGICAL like most of the fans that post on here.  if u think about it....there is no reason at all to doubt the authenticity of those that say they bet big time on the giants in 08.  I know I did Giants +14. 

quote
dddevin69 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
dddevin69
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 994
Location: Oklahoma
#81
Posted: 1/28/2012 7:53:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LoCarbMonster:

A few thoughts on this game:  After working in the industry in nevada for nearly six years, i've seen a lot of interesting things.  The 'books out here stand to lose a considerable amount if the giants win.  That's why i was a little surprised to see pats open at -3 in most places.  I heard on the radio that the nevada 'books have made a profit in 19 of the last 21 superbowls.  Most people i've talked to this week love the Gmen.

I do as well...what's not to like?  The giants are healthy, already won AT new england.  They face a defense that ranked 31st in the regular season allowing something like 411 yards a game?  That is horrendous.  I read a post on here that said something like the Patriot D must not be "that bad" since they made the superbowl.  Lol....they played two winning teams in the regular season, lost both....they had a soft schedule with the likes of the fins, bills, chiefs, colts, etc...They beat a denver team in the playoffs that shouldnt even have been in the playoffs....I would have expected nothing less than a 20+ point win.  The only thing that scares me about my Giants pick, is the fact that it seems so obvious.  I'm taking the points, the ML and also prop bets.  I got the Giants -3.5 at +210 and Giants -6.5 at +320.  I'm getting over 3 to 1 odds that the Gmen win by a touchdown?  Seems VERY POSSIBLE.  Good luck to all!

LoCarbMonster

 

 

 

i still stand by the post that the pats D can't be that bad if they made the Superbowl.  based on what ur saying I'm doubting the credentials of the "vegas" people that you allegedly know.  in regards to so called bad defenses....... look at the 06 Indy Colts.  They were ranked DEAD LAST in run defense that year and supposedly there was  NO WAY u can win a superbowl with the last ranked run D.  and what happened?!?!?!?  yeah, at the end of the reg season everyone and their mom ran roughshod on the colts D and caused a few losses.....but then again something...changed.  The D became STOUT in the playoffs and eventually beat so called conventional "wisdom" and won the who thing with the worst ranked run D in the entire nfl.   flash forward to...now.  The giants D wasn't so hot themselves.  They weren't ranked too highly themselves.  let's see...

FACT  ...the giants d was ranked 27 in the entire nfl for the 2011 reg season.  So....the 31 ranked defense faces the 27th ranked D in the superbowl. hmm......          with the  way you tell it you would think the giants would at least have a TOP TEN Defense instead of a D that wasn't even in the top 25 on paper.    But ....let's look at another stat since u allegedly know how to cap games based on "facts."    where did new england stand on PPG defense.   hmm...what the purpose of a Defense?   to keep the other team from scoring points is a simple way of looking at at.  Let's see......the giants are ranked # 25! in ppg defense while NE is ranked 15. Hmm...Ne is almost a top ten ppg defense    not just for the playoffs...but for the 2011 regular season.               not to mention....New England is ranked 2nd in the entire nfl out of 32 teams in INTERCEPTIONS.   something to think about.  based on FACTS regarding 2011 reg season statistics. I would think a lil harder basing my bets on a so called bad New england Defense.    Again....there is a REASON why new england is in the superbowl.

 

BTW......for the 2007 regular season New England had the 4th ranked DEFENSE and led the nfl with a record in ppg scored for the reg season.  The giants were ranked a lower 7th.  We all know how that turned out............

quote
morgan102
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
morgan102
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 493
Location:
#82
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:45:31 PM
THE PLAN:Giants will pass rush up the middle and disrupt Brady.The Giants get tremendous pressure with just 4 linemen while the linebackers and safeties tie up the Patriots tight ends and slot reciever.New England does not have a deep threat.Ochocinco still does not know the playbook and the other wideout is not as reliable as he used to be when he won the MVP back in the day.New Englands defense will get butchered if they keep giving up third and longs like they did against Baltimore's stale offense. The Giants three excellent wideouts+The Giants also utlilize they're tight ends and RB's.This is a no brainer folks,the NY Giants +3.The Patriots defense just plain STINKS!!!When Brady steps out the pocket,the play is over and results,a lot of negative plays,for you see Brady aint rothslinberger,that can buy time.Once he's disrupted......play dead.GIANT SU WINNERS!!!
quote
morgan102
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
morgan102
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 493
Location:
#83
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:56:31 PM

Food for thought:CRUZ,NIX AND MANINGWARE vs The Patirots defense.Oh not let us forget The Patriots rush defense....STINKS!!Play action baby,all day long and big plays down the field.The Giants can play this anyway the want.Run the ball and keep Brady and company off the field or keep pace by scoring,especially with that behind the woodshed defense of the Patriots....man they STINK!!!!!!!!

quote
Whalewatcher send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
Whalewatcher
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4385
Location:
#84
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:08:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by phillies926:

That is impossible since he need 2 playoff wins to get to Montana's record you moron.

 Dumbfuck............ we're talking about SB Champoinships!

quote
Fishman13 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
Fishman13
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 49
Location: Italy
#85
Posted: 1/29/2012 11:54:03 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by morgan102:

THE PLAN:Giants will pass rush up the middle and disrupt Brady.The Giants get tremendous pressure with just 4 linemen while the linebackers and safeties tie up the Patriots tight ends and slot reciever.New England does not have a deep threat.Ochocinco still does not know the playbook and the other wideout is not as reliable as he used to be when he won the MVP back in the day.New Englands defense will get butchered if they keep giving up third and longs like they did against Baltimore's stale offense. The Giants three excellent wideouts+The Giants also utlilize they're tight ends and RB's.This is a no brainer folks,the NY Giants +3.The Patriots defense just plain STINKS!!!When Brady steps out the pocket,the play is over and results,a lot of negative plays,for you see Brady aint rothslinberger,that can buy time.Once he's disrupted......play dead.GIANT SU WINNERS!!!

Just sayin........Ocho whatever has been a non event all year, and Ray Rice, Joe Flacco and company are better than a stale offense. You are Right on one account- Brady is no Roth. Brady has the hottest chick on the planet, Roth? he has to use his 6  5 frame to beat up on little girls. Just sayin...........  Patriots have enough weapons and will be able to force turnovers. Patriots win going away..........

quote
morgan102
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
morgan102
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 493
Location:
#86
Posted: 1/29/2012 12:57:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Fishman13:

Just sayin........Ocho whatever has been a non event all year, and Ray Rice, Joe Flacco and company are better than a stale offense. You are Right on one account- Brady is no Roth. Brady has the hottest chick on the planet, Roth? he has to use his 6  5 frame to beat up on little girls. Just sayin...........  Patriots have enough weapons and will be able to force turnovers. Patriots win going away..........

Sorry my friend,but the NE  defense made Flacco look good and Baltimore off. is stale.Hell the they lost to Seattle. Sorry,GIANTS WIN SU!!!
quote
josbran
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
josbran
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#87
Posted: 1/29/2012 1:58:00 PM

I'll be betting the Giants on the money line. Giants look like that team of destiny again. The best bet in my opinion is the over 55.

predicted score......Giants 31......Pats 27

quote
978whereisleep send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
978whereisleep
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 235
Location: Massachusetts
#88
Posted: 1/29/2012 11:20:32 PM
PATS ALL MOTHERFU*KIN DAY PAY BACK IS A girl ! PATS WANT IT MORE BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR "MINI-MES" AKA GIANTS. FORGET THIS ELI GUY HES HORRIBLE COAMPARED TO BRADY SO WHAT IF HE TOOK THE TITLE AGANIST NEW ENGLAND WHEN THEY WENT UNDEFEATED NEW ENGLAND WAS HOPING TO PLAY THEM AGAIN. I MEAN WHO DOESNT WANT A SUPER-BOWL REMATCH IM SURE BRADY DOES THATS JUST HOW IT IS "PATS WANT IT MORE" GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY
quote
THESHOOTER
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
THESHOOTER
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1857
Location: Nevada
#89
Posted: 1/30/2012 6:04:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Coloneljim:

famlies    there I go again. Too many Rolling Rocks while posting plays.

The drunkin Colonel

GO G-MEN

 

quote
phillies926
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bodog |
phillies926
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 77
Location: Pennsylvania
#90
Posted: 1/30/2012 10:53:42 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by hanyrd:

Pretty sure the poster was talking about Super Bowl wins, and Brady has 3 and Montana has 4.  You referenced "playoff" wins.  The current score on that is Montana 16, Brady 16.

If you are going to take shots at people, it might be good to have your facts in order.

Read the bold print buddy. Thank you for proving my point.

quote
morgan102
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
morgan102
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 493
Location:
#91
Posted: 1/30/2012 7:47:50 PM
Anyone that thinks the Patriots are gonna win this game is a fool!!ONE MORE TIME.....THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE  STINKS,THE GIANT ARE  BETTER BALANCE.....THE GIANTS THREE BIG PLAY WIDEOUTS WILL HAVE A FIELD DAY.THE PATRIOTS CAN NOT STOP THE RUN AND THAT WILL OPEN UP PLAY ACTION ON THESE CLOWNS....THEY'RE STINK!!!!!!!!!! FUCKIN GET IT!!!DAMN!!!yOU WOULD HAVE TO BE A TOM BRADY AND PATRIOT SUCKASS TO BE BELEIVE THIS TEAM WITH THAT DEFENSE CAN BEAT THE GIANTS.THE GIANTS PLAYED GREENBAYS ALL OFFENSE AND NO DEFENSE IN GREENBAY AND TOOK THEM BEHIND THE WOODSHED.....SAME RESULTS HERE FOOLS!!DAMN!!THE PATRIOTS COULD NOT STOP JOE FLACCO ON THIRD AND LONG ABOUIT TEN TIMES,MADE FLACCO LOOK LIKE JOE MANTANT AND STEVE YOUNG WRAPUP IN ONE.DON'T BE STUPID FOOLS!!!
quote
morgan102
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
morgan102
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 493
Location:
#92
Posted: 1/30/2012 7:51:11 PM
YOU ARE OVER ANALYZING THE GAME,ITS PURE AND SIMPLE.KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID AND GET PAID!!!THE PATRIOTS.....PLEASE!!!
quote
978whereisleep send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
978whereisleep
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 235
Location: Massachusetts
#93
Posted: 1/30/2012 8:54:00 PM
ELI
quote
Whalewatcher send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
Whalewatcher
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4385
Location:
#94
Posted: 1/30/2012 11:35:15 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by morgan102:

Sorry my friend,but the NE  defense made Flacco look good and Baltimore off. is stale.Hell the they lost to Seattle. Sorry,GIANTS WIN SU!!!

Get your ish str8!!!!!!

Week 5......... G-men lost to Seattle in NY.................kinda blows your argument brah, good luck wit dat !!!!!!!!

quote
Whalewatcher send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
Whalewatcher
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4385
Location:
#95
Posted: 1/30/2012 11:41:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by hanyrd:

Pretty sure the poster was talking about Super Bowl wins, and Brady has 3 and Montana has 4.  You referenced "playoff" wins.  The current score on that is Montana 16, Brady 16.

If you are going to take shots at people, it might be good to have your facts in order

Exactly we were talking SB wins.........for some reason this girl keeps chiming in with wrong info!!!!! I tried to tell her,......just dumb I think!!!!!!!

quote
Whalewatcher send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
Whalewatcher
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4385
Location:
#96
Posted: 1/30/2012 11:51:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by phillies926:

Read the bold print buddy. Thank you for proving my point.

Once again the original post was refferrring to SB wins !!

Are you simple?!

Stop jerkin' off to your av, clean your person beaters and a start over cupcake!!

 

quote
hanyrd send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
hanyrd
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
Location:
#97
Posted: 1/31/2012 2:00:10 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Whalewatcher:

Exactly we were talking SB wins.........for some reason this girl keeps chiming in with wrong info!!!!! I tried to tell her,......just dumb I think!!!!!!!

Whalewatcher.  Thank you for the second voice.  Can't believe phillies926 doesn't get it.  As I noted, phillies 926 mentioned "playoff wins" even though the original post was clearly referring to SB wins.  That being said, even if we give phillies926 the benefit of the doubt, Montana and Brady are tied at 16 playoff wins.

Bonus info for any PGA players out there.  Watch out for my boy Y.E. Yang this week.  Shoulda won two years ago and finished top 8 last year.  Worth a look at 50-1.  Small play on Kyle Stanley (40-1), who will either bounce back big (I think) or else completely fold after last week's unbelievable meltdown on 18.  Highlighted by the 16th hole, this tournament is a fun one to watch as it provides a good distraction to get us to the SB Kickoff.

GLTA this week.  Still sticking with NYG moneyline, under 55, parlaying NYG and under, and under 27.5 for the first half.

quote
dddevin69 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
dddevin69
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 994
Location: Oklahoma
#98
Posted: 1/31/2012 5:14:11 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by morgan102:

Anyone that thinks the Patriots are gonna win this game is a fool!!ONE MORE TIME.....THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE  STINKS,THE GIANT ARE  BETTER BALANCE.....THE GIANTS THREE BIG PLAY WIDEOUTS WILL HAVE A FIELD DAY.THE PATRIOTS CAN NOT STOP THE RUN AND THAT WILL OPEN UP PLAY ACTION ON THESE CLOWNS....THEY'RE STINK!!!!!!!!!! FUCKIN GET IT!!!DAMN!!!yOU WOULD HAVE TO BE A TOM BRADY AND PATRIOT SUCKASS TO BE BELEIVE THIS TEAM WITH THAT DEFENSE CAN BEAT THE GIANTS.THE GIANTS PLAYED GREENBAYS ALL OFFENSE AND NO DEFENSE IN GREENBAY AND TOOK THEM BEHIND THE WOODSHED.....SAME RESULTS HERE FOOLS!!DAMN!!THE PATRIOTS COULD NOT STOP JOE FLACCO ON THIRD AND LONG ABOUIT TEN TIMES,MADE FLACCO LOOK LIKE JOE MANTANT AND STEVE YOUNG WRAPUP IN ONE.DON'T BE STUPID FOOLS!!!

 

 

u know what.  I'm going to do something I Rarely do and publicly admit  I may have been wrong as hell about my original post. I'm feeling less confident about picking the Pats.  

  Especially knowing that Gronkowski may not even play.  ESPN 1st take reported a doctor referred to his playing chances as "TOAST" and that he will require surgery after the game no matter what...end of story.  So...knowing Brady will be w/out his security blanket and that an ankle injury is involved ala 2007 I'm getting a lil skiddish. I'm going to hedge my bet with the Over/Under.     

quote
morgan102
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
morgan102
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 493
Location:
#99
Posted: 1/31/2012 8:09:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Whalewatcher:

Get your ish str8!!!!!!

Week 5......... G-men lost to Seattle in NY.................kinda blows your argument brah, good luck wit dat !!!!!!!!

Week 5,who gives a darn about week 5.We are talking about a healthy Giants team now and before they discovered Cruz to add for the first time with Maningware and Nix..They are healthy for the first time this year,that lets me know you don't do your homework.The Giants have always been inconsistant at home,I don't know,maybe playing in NY,but everybody's know that away,NY a completely DIFFERENT team ,healthy or not.Take my advice pal,put your money on  NY and get paid or prepare to tear up your Patriots-3 betting ticket and drown in your leftover beer and chicken wings!!
quote
morgan102
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
morgan102
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 493
Location:
#100
Posted: 1/31/2012 8:26:38 AM
Look folks the GIANTS ARE HEATHY NOW!!!Do you really believe the Patriots after wathcjng them play buffalo,overated Jets,a pittsburg on its down side,a great ,but slower and older def. in baltimore with an enemic off.,are gonna beat this Giants team?I tell ya what,I have swamp land thats isolated ,but loaded with beautful women that know one knows about,that I have for sale for 25.00 dollars.You know what,please bet the Patriots and move the line.I believe any team is capable of an upset,thats why Im taking the points with confidence,the more the better.
quote
Forum Index : Pro Football : Messages Page 4 of 10 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.