Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 205 of 215 «  203 204 205 206 207   »
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: If Christ died on the cross for all of humanity
SYSTEM send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SYSTEM
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1519
Location: California
#5101
Posted: 2/29/2012 2:08:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

Scientists just keep on trying to find ways to avoid God as the conclusion.

Eternal Inflation -

Cyclic Universe -

Eternal cosmic egg -

Multiverse -

Corinthians 1:19

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

 


you're right, scientists should do like you and just stop thinking, and say we don't know, so "god" did it 

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you from asking the questions.

Frater Ravus

quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26736
Location: Australia
#5102
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:05:08 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

Beliefs are derived from deductive reasoning....

Look at a married couple, do they have empriical or scientific evidence that they will be together till they die? Of course not, so why do they get married? Because of the faith and trust they have in each other..they dervied there faith fron there deductive reasoning, ie, do they get along, find each other attractive, have the same goals, ie kids, travel etc etc...If the answer is yes, then they are more likely to stay with each other making trust in each other more plausable.

Now apply this to God, look at the world around you, complexities, order, laws, natural beauty etc etc, do you deduct from this that it all happened by pure dumb blind luck with no reason for it at all or there was a creator behind it?

________________

The divorce rate is 50% which means there are a lot of idiots out there making bad decisions using deductive reasoning.   

Or it may show they didnt have faith at all and got married for the wrong reasons

quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26736
Location: Australia
#5103
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:07:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


you're right, scientists should do like you and just stop thinking, and say we don't know, so "god" did it 

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you from asking the questions.

Frater Ravus

"because we dont know now, science will find out one day......."

Science of the gaps?

quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4815
Location: Oregon
#5104
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:18:55 PM
 Wake me up when the atheist wake up. 
quote
SYSTEM send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SYSTEM
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1519
Location: California
#5105
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:23:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

"because we dont know now, science will find out one day......."

Science of the gaps?


with your way of thinking, we would still think the world was flat
quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26736
Location: Australia
#5106
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:25:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


with your way of thinking, we would still think the world was flat

And WHERE does the bible say the world is FLAT?

 

quote
SYSTEM send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SYSTEM
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1519
Location: California
#5107
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:53:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

And WHERE does the bible say the world is FLAT?

 


once again, right over your head
quote
SirJohnDrake send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SirJohnDrake
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12543
Location: United States
#5108
Posted: 3/1/2012 1:11:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

Scientists just keep on trying to find ways to avoid God as the conclusion.

Eternal Inflation -

Cyclic Universe -

Eternal cosmic egg -

Multiverse -

Corinthians 1:19

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

 

BTW what is an eternal cosmic egg? The only egg I know is the one I cook sunny side up in the morning...lol

Atheists

Don't get caught not accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord Savior!

quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4815
Location: Oregon
#5109
Posted: 3/1/2012 5:06:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SirJohnDrake:

BTW what is an eternal cosmic egg? The only egg I know is the one I cook sunny side up in the morning...lol

Atheists

Don't get caught not accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord Savior!

SJD they're dead inside. They are imprisoned by their own fears. They can't even do a simple exercise in fear of them waking up and realizing that their whole thought process is built on lies. So they will do anything to avoid that reality including endless conversation. But the minute you asked them to take action they will run scared and rationalize why they choose not to do it. This group on this thread truly have no courage whatsoever. I don't think there is any question now that atheists are cowards. When I said that before they would get all up in arms and get their panties in a bunch. But I think their non action on any subject proves beyond a hint of a shadow of a doubt that the coward label is accurate. I have come to feel sorry for them because they have become prisoners of their own bullshit and don't even know it. Very sad.
quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4815
Location: Oregon
#5110
Posted: 3/1/2012 5:10:53 PM
Bottomline atheists if you really believe what you say you believe then you should be willing to at least challenge that belief in some way. I know I have done it and I'm sure most adult Christians have challenged their beliefs and are now stronger for it. It's like the matrix you can take the blue pill and go back to your fantasy world or take the red pill and see the truth. We're waiting for an atheist with courage to take the red pill. My guess is we will be waiting forever because it's truly a gutless bunch that  we're dealing with here.
quote
Mikniks send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Mikniks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1382
Location: New York
#5111
Posted: 3/1/2012 5:38:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

Bottomline atheists if you really believe what you say you believe then you should be willing to at least challenge that belief in some way. I know I have done it and I'm sure most adult Christians have challenged their beliefs and are now stronger for it. It's like the matrix you can take the blue pill and go back to your fantasy world or take the red pill and see the truth. We're waiting for an atheist with courage to take the red pill. My guess is we will be waiting forever because it's truly a gutless bunch that  we're dealing with here.


We are not the believers.  You are.  I don't BELIEVE in anything.  I don't have the answers.  I wish I did, but I'm not going to make up an imaginary friend in the sky to explain things, because frankly, I don't NEED answers to make myself feel better.
quote
SirJohnDrake send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SirJohnDrake
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12543
Location: United States
#5112
Posted: 3/1/2012 5:48:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

SJD they're dead inside. They are imprisoned by their own fears. They can't even do a simple exercise in fear of them waking up and realizing that their whole thought process is built on lies. So they will do anything to avoid that reality including endless conversation. But the minute you asked them to take action they will run scared and rationalize why they choose not to do it. This group on this thread truly have no courage whatsoever. I don't think there is any question now that atheists are cowards. When I said that before they would get all up in arms and get their panties in a bunch. But I think their non action on any subject proves beyond a hint of a shadow of a doubt that the coward label is accurate. I have come to feel sorry for them because they have become prisoners of their own bullshit and don't even know it. Very sad.

Yes indeed it is very sad! They are waiting for answers by these scientists, who are perplexed to say the least and everyday they wait for these answers time is running out on them...no one lives forever here on earth.

Not all scientists are atheist though, some have come to their senses and are Christians but sadly they are the minority.

We Christians have had the answer ever since our Savior Lord Jesus gave His life on the cross to pay for all the sins of mankind.

What a caring and loving sacrifice our Lord Savior Jesus Christ have done for us, for we are all sinners and not a single one of us deserve to go to heaven!

But whoever believes and accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord Savior and repents their sins will be saved and be allowed to enter God's Kingdom of Heaven and have eternal life in paradise!

 

quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4815
Location: Oregon
#5113
Posted: 3/2/2012 2:57:44 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SirJohnDrake:

Yes indeed it is very sad! They are waiting for answers by these scientists, who are perplexed to say the least and everyday they wait for these answers time is running out on them...no one lives forever here on earth.

Not all scientists are atheist though, some have come to their senses and are Christians but sadly they are the minority.

We Christians have had the answer ever since our Savior Lord Jesus gave His life on the cross to pay for all the sins of mankind.

What a caring and loving sacrifice our Lord Savior Jesus Christ have done for us, for we are all sinners and not a single one of us deserve to go to heaven!

But whoever believes and accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord Savior and repents their sins will be saved and be allowed to enter God's Kingdom of Heaven and have eternal life in paradise!

 

Amen SJD. God the Father is in control. I pray that some of these atheist see the error of their ways but regardless I know where I stand with God and I'm at peace with it. Glory to God blessed be his holy name. Blessed be our brother Jesus who came to show us the way home. Blessed it be the heavenly Angels who comfort us in our time of need. God is love and he just wants us to come closer to him. Praise God, Allah Akbar. Jehovah is almighty. God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. Yahweh is all powerful. He is the Alpha and the Omega. Long after the atheist have perished from this Earth. God is. The one constant in this Universe. God. Indisputable, non-refutable, God is here in all his glory. Scientist theories change and are proven wrong some are proven right but God is and always will be. Amen.  Praise his holy name. So it is.
quote
OnlyGod
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
OnlyGod
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5868
Location: Alberta
#5114
Posted: 3/2/2012 3:12:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

Amen SJD. God the Father is in control. I pray that some of these atheist see the error of their ways but regardless I know where I stand with God and I'm at peace with it. Glory to God blessed be his holy name. Blessed be our brother Jesus who came to show us the way home. Blessed it be the heavenly Angels who comfort us in our time of need. God is love and he just wants us to come closer to him. Praise God, Allah Akbar. Jehovah is almighty. God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. Yahweh is all powerful. He is the Alpha and the Omega. Long after the atheist have perished from this Earth. God is. The one constant in this Universe. God. Indisputable, non-refutable, God is here in all his glory. Scientist theories change and are proven wrong some are proven right but God is and always will be. Amen.  Praise his holy name. So it is.


Amen boys

Our father in heaven they kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven,

Give us today our daily bread,
quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4815
Location: Oregon
#5115
Posted: 3/2/2012 4:17:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mikniks:



We are not the believers.  You are.  I don't BELIEVE in anything.  I don't have the answers.  I wish I did, but I'm not going to make up an imaginary friend in the sky to explain things, because frankly, I don't NEED answers to make myself feel better.
Mikniks I pray that you don't become jaded like these other fools on this thread. You are still young and can improve, hopefully find your way back home to God. I am reminded of the song "Stairway To Heaven" "Yes there are two paths you can go by but in the long run there's still time to change the road you're on" Next verse "Your head is humming and it wont go, in case you don't know the Piper's calling you to join him" That Piper Mikniks is Jesus Christ. He is calling you out of the shadows and darkness of the big lie that is atheism. You say you don't know well Jesus knows and he wants you to follow him. Amen. Listen to the song and understand the meaning of the song. God loves you Mikniks.
quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4815
Location: Oregon
#5116
Posted: 3/2/2012 4:19:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by OnlyGod:



Amen boys

Our father in heaven they kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven,

Give us today our daily bread,
Amen Brother! Thank you for that. 
quote
OnlyGod
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
OnlyGod
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5868
Location: Alberta
#5117
Posted: 3/2/2012 6:47:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

Amen Brother! Thank you for that. 


Buddy I ruined they Lords prayer
quote
Sugarhouse send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Sugarhouse
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1784
Location:
#5118
Posted: 3/2/2012 8:49:22 AM
The world is in great need of a new messiah. Joseph Smith just doesn't cut it. His story is even more unbelievable than the good ole mr. JC's. I'm sure there are new religions sprouting up as I write this, but, come on. Most of the major religions are ancient and constantly have to be amended for the times. I would love to see a Church of the Robot Jesus.
Any other ideas?
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37709
Location: Minnesota
#5119
Posted: 3/2/2012 10:48:45 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

SJD they're dead inside. They are imprisoned by their own fears. They can't even do a simple exercise in fear of them waking up and realizing that their whole thought process is built on lies. So they will do anything to avoid that reality including endless conversation. But the minute you asked them to take action they will run scared and rationalize why they choose not to do it. This group on this thread truly have no courage whatsoever. I don't think there is any question now that atheists are cowards. When I said that before they would get all up in arms and get their panties in a bunch. But I think their non action on any subject proves beyond a hint of a shadow of a doubt that the coward label is accurate. I have come to feel sorry for them because they have become prisoners of their own bullshit and don't even know it. Very sad.

Whatever makes you feel better.  

Still waiting to find out why it took thousands of years for people to have an "enlightened" vision of God.  

I pray that some of these atheist see the error of their ways 

Why?  People pray all the time and their prayers are not answered.  
You say you don't know well Jesus knows and he wants you to follow him.

It's impossible for you to know this.  

SJD they're dead inside. They are imprisoned by their own fears. 

Assumption on your part.  Not exactly a Christian trait if you ask me.  

Mikniks I pray that you don't become jaded like these other fools on this thread. 

You should be above this.  I haven't called you a fool during this discussion.  I respect you even though I may have many questions. It's unfortunate you couldn't pay others in this thread the same respect even if they insulted you.  


quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37709
Location: Minnesota
#5120
Posted: 3/2/2012 10:54:57 AM
He is the Alpha and the Omega. Long after the atheist have perished from this Earth. God is. The one constant in this Universe. God. Indisputable, non-refutable, God is here in all his glory. Scientist theories change and are proven wrong some are proven right but God is and always will be. Amen.  Praise his holy name. So it is.
_________________

Scary language.  Talk to a member of the Taliban.  They are as convinced as you are in regards to their beliefs. 


quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4815
Location: Oregon
#5121
Posted: 3/2/2012 4:11:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

He is the Alpha and the Omega. Long after the atheist have perished from this Earth. God is. The one constant in this Universe. God. Indisputable, non-refutable, God is here in all his glory. Scientist theories change and are proven wrong some are proven right but God is and always will be. Amen.  Praise his holy name. So it is.
_________________

Scary language.  Talk to a member of the Taliban.  They are as convinced as you are in regards to their beliefs. 


The Taliban as all fanatic whether they are Christian, Muslim, Jewish or any other religion aren't following God. They are following man. Being convinced that their following God doesn't make it so. God doesn't require a bunch of man made rules IE women need to be covered at all times and the other BS that they perpetuate on people. 
In regards to the respect issue. Did I name you personally? I talked about fools on this thread. If you consider yourself a fool then yes I'm talking about you but if you don't consider yourself a fool why be offended? There is nothing wrong with asking questions. But when those questions become a never ending stream of madness that gets nowhere then yes that becomes a problem. The vast majority of atheist aren't looking for answers. They're looking for cover because they simply can't deal with the reality of life and have no interest or desire to leave the cover of atheism that they have become depended on to justify their mental and spiritual laziness ( sorry I keep forgetting you guys don't have a spirit) The bottom line is this. Atheism is the lazy man's way out of dealing with the truth. It doesn't matter how many times you guys try to spin it. If your words don't follow action beyond the constant talking. Then it really doesn't mean anything. That is what the common atheist is interested in. Justifying their own delusion with more delusional thinking until there's nothing left but layers of crap in order to deny the one thing that is real in dimension. That is God. God is real. If you can't accept that then you have deluded yourself with more garbage.   
quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4815
Location: Oregon
#5122
Posted: 3/2/2012 4:39:43 PM
It never fails to amaze me how praising God is considered scary by atheist. Maybe because deep down they know that there is a God and the thought of you praising something that they have spent their entire adult life denying, not believing or calling him sky daddy and the other blasphemous things they say I guess I would be scared to. 
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37709
Location: Minnesota
#5123
Posted: 3/2/2012 5:41:32 PM
God doesn't make it so. God doesn't require a bunch of man made rules IE women need to be covered at all times and the other BS that they perpetuate on people. 
_______________

According to you.  Not according to them.  They are equally convinced that they are right.  As are you. 

Atheism is the lazy man's way out of dealing with the truth. It doesn't matter how many times you guys try to spin it. If your words don't follow action beyond the constant talking. Then it really doesn't mean anything. That is what the common atheist is interested in. Justifying their own delusion with more delusional thinking until there's nothing left but layers of crap in order to deny the one thing that is real in dimension.

______________

Same thing could be said of you, my friend.  I will live my life knowing that I will never know (because you can't).  I will treat my fellow man (and women) respectfully because I think that is the right thing to do.  
quote
SYSTEM send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SYSTEM
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1519
Location: California
#5124
Posted: 3/2/2012 5:48:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

God doesn't make it so. God doesn't require a bunch of man made rules IE women need to be covered at all times and the other BS that they perpetuate on people. 
_______________

According to you.  Not according to them.  They are equally convinced that they are right.  As are you. 

Atheism is the lazy man's way out of dealing with the truth. It doesn't matter how many times you guys try to spin it. If your words don't follow action beyond the constant talking. Then it really doesn't mean anything. That is what the common atheist is interested in. Justifying their own delusion with more delusional thinking until there's nothing left but layers of crap in order to deny the one thing that is real in dimension.

______________

Same thing could be said of you, my friend.  I will live my life knowing that I will never know (because you can't).  I will treat my fellow man (and women) respectfully because I think that is the right thing to do.  

here's a good question...

why does Hutch sound like a level headed person, and smoothd like a nutjob? 
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37709
Location: Minnesota
#5125
Posted: 3/2/2012 5:56:12 PM
It never fails to amaze me how praising God is considered scary by atheist.
_______________

I'm not an athiest because I admit I don't know, but do you really think it's "scary" to praise God for people who do not believe?  It's not scary to them, it's just that they don't believe.  If they were scared, they would likely praise God due to their fear.  I do not believe in Unicorns....therefore, I will not praise them. Does that mean I'm scared of them?

You had me going for a little bit, but you're losing me.  
quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 205 of 215 «  203 204 205 206 207   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.