If Christ died on the cross for all of humanity

Forum: General Discussion Page 205 of 215 «  203 204 205 206 207   »
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: If Christ died on the cross for all of humanity
SirJohnDrake PM SirJohnDrake
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12950
 
SirJohnDrake
Participation Meter
All-Star
quote#5101
Posted: 3/1/2012 1:11:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

Scientists just keep on trying to find ways to avoid God as the conclusion.

Eternal Inflation -

Cyclic Universe -

Eternal cosmic egg -

Multiverse -

Corinthians 1:19

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

 

BTW what is an eternal cosmic egg? The only egg I know is the one I cook sunny side up in the morning...lol

Atheists

Don't get caught not accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord Savior!

smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5102
Posted: 3/1/2012 5:06:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SirJohnDrake:

BTW what is an eternal cosmic egg? The only egg I know is the one I cook sunny side up in the morning...lol

Atheists

Don't get caught not accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord Savior!

SJD they're dead inside. They are imprisoned by their own fears. They can't even do a simple exercise in fear of them waking up and realizing that their whole thought process is built on lies. So they will do anything to avoid that reality including endless conversation. But the minute you asked them to take action they will run scared and rationalize why they choose not to do it. This group on this thread truly have no courage whatsoever. I don't think there is any question now that atheists are cowards. When I said that before they would get all up in arms and get their panties in a bunch. But I think their non action on any subject proves beyond a hint of a shadow of a doubt that the coward label is accurate. I have come to feel sorry for them because they have become prisoners of their own bullshit and don't even know it. Very sad.
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5103
Posted: 3/1/2012 5:10:53 PM
Bottomline atheists if you really believe what you say you believe then you should be willing to at least challenge that belief in some way. I know I have done it and I'm sure most adult Christians have challenged their beliefs and are now stronger for it. It's like the matrix you can take the blue pill and go back to your fantasy world or take the red pill and see the truth. We're waiting for an atheist with courage to take the red pill. My guess is we will be waiting forever because it's truly a gutless bunch that  we're dealing with here.
Mikniks PM Mikniks
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1384
 
Mikniks
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#5104
Posted: 3/1/2012 5:38:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

Bottomline atheists if you really believe what you say you believe then you should be willing to at least challenge that belief in some way. I know I have done it and I'm sure most adult Christians have challenged their beliefs and are now stronger for it. It's like the matrix you can take the blue pill and go back to your fantasy world or take the red pill and see the truth. We're waiting for an atheist with courage to take the red pill. My guess is we will be waiting forever because it's truly a gutless bunch that  we're dealing with here.


We are not the believers.  You are.  I don't BELIEVE in anything.  I don't have the answers.  I wish I did, but I'm not going to make up an imaginary friend in the sky to explain things, because frankly, I don't NEED answers to make myself feel better.
SirJohnDrake PM SirJohnDrake
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12950
 
SirJohnDrake
Participation Meter
All-Star
quote#5105
Posted: 3/1/2012 5:48:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

SJD they're dead inside. They are imprisoned by their own fears. They can't even do a simple exercise in fear of them waking up and realizing that their whole thought process is built on lies. So they will do anything to avoid that reality including endless conversation. But the minute you asked them to take action they will run scared and rationalize why they choose not to do it. This group on this thread truly have no courage whatsoever. I don't think there is any question now that atheists are cowards. When I said that before they would get all up in arms and get their panties in a bunch. But I think their non action on any subject proves beyond a hint of a shadow of a doubt that the coward label is accurate. I have come to feel sorry for them because they have become prisoners of their own bullshit and don't even know it. Very sad.

Yes indeed it is very sad! They are waiting for answers by these scientists, who are perplexed to say the least and everyday they wait for these answers time is running out on them...no one lives forever here on earth.

Not all scientists are atheist though, some have come to their senses and are Christians but sadly they are the minority.

We Christians have had the answer ever since our Savior Lord Jesus gave His life on the cross to pay for all the sins of mankind.

What a caring and loving sacrifice our Lord Savior Jesus Christ have done for us, for we are all sinners and not a single one of us deserve to go to heaven!

But whoever believes and accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord Savior and repents their sins will be saved and be allowed to enter God's Kingdom of Heaven and have eternal life in paradise!

 

smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5106
Posted: 3/2/2012 2:57:44 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SirJohnDrake:

Yes indeed it is very sad! They are waiting for answers by these scientists, who are perplexed to say the least and everyday they wait for these answers time is running out on them...no one lives forever here on earth.

Not all scientists are atheist though, some have come to their senses and are Christians but sadly they are the minority.

We Christians have had the answer ever since our Savior Lord Jesus gave His life on the cross to pay for all the sins of mankind.

What a caring and loving sacrifice our Lord Savior Jesus Christ have done for us, for we are all sinners and not a single one of us deserve to go to heaven!

But whoever believes and accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord Savior and repents their sins will be saved and be allowed to enter God's Kingdom of Heaven and have eternal life in paradise!

 

Amen SJD. God the Father is in control. I pray that some of these atheist see the error of their ways but regardless I know where I stand with God and I'm at peace with it. Glory to God blessed be his holy name. Blessed be our brother Jesus who came to show us the way home. Blessed it be the heavenly Angels who comfort us in our time of need. God is love and he just wants us to come closer to him. Praise God, Allah Akbar. Jehovah is almighty. God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. Yahweh is all powerful. He is the Alpha and the Omega. Long after the atheist have perished from this Earth. God is. The one constant in this Universe. God. Indisputable, non-refutable, God is here in all his glory. Scientist theories change and are proven wrong some are proven right but God is and always will be. Amen.  Praise his holy name. So it is.
OnlyGod PM OnlyGod
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5868
 
OnlyGod
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5107
Posted: 3/2/2012 3:12:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

Amen SJD. God the Father is in control. I pray that some of these atheist see the error of their ways but regardless I know where I stand with God and I'm at peace with it. Glory to God blessed be his holy name. Blessed be our brother Jesus who came to show us the way home. Blessed it be the heavenly Angels who comfort us in our time of need. God is love and he just wants us to come closer to him. Praise God, Allah Akbar. Jehovah is almighty. God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. Yahweh is all powerful. He is the Alpha and the Omega. Long after the atheist have perished from this Earth. God is. The one constant in this Universe. God. Indisputable, non-refutable, God is here in all his glory. Scientist theories change and are proven wrong some are proven right but God is and always will be. Amen.  Praise his holy name. So it is.


Amen boys

Our father in heaven they kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven,

Give us today our daily bread,
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5108
Posted: 3/2/2012 4:17:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mikniks:



We are not the believers.  You are.  I don't BELIEVE in anything.  I don't have the answers.  I wish I did, but I'm not going to make up an imaginary friend in the sky to explain things, because frankly, I don't NEED answers to make myself feel better.
Mikniks I pray that you don't become jaded like these other fools on this thread. You are still young and can improve, hopefully find your way back home to God. I am reminded of the song "Stairway To Heaven" "Yes there are two paths you can go by but in the long run there's still time to change the road you're on" Next verse "Your head is humming and it wont go, in case you don't know the Piper's calling you to join him" That Piper Mikniks is Jesus Christ. He is calling you out of the shadows and darkness of the big lie that is atheism. You say you don't know well Jesus knows and he wants you to follow him. Amen. Listen to the song and understand the meaning of the song. God loves you Mikniks.
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5109
Posted: 3/2/2012 4:19:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by OnlyGod:



Amen boys

Our father in heaven they kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven,

Give us today our daily bread,
Amen Brother! Thank you for that. 
OnlyGod PM OnlyGod
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5868
 
OnlyGod
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5110
Posted: 3/2/2012 6:47:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

Amen Brother! Thank you for that. 


Buddy I ruined they Lords prayer
Sugarhouse PM Sugarhouse
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1784
 
Sugarhouse
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#5111
Posted: 3/2/2012 8:49:22 AM
The world is in great need of a new messiah. Joseph Smith just doesn't cut it. His story is even more unbelievable than the good ole mr. JC's. I'm sure there are new religions sprouting up as I write this, but, come on. Most of the major religions are ancient and constantly have to be amended for the times. I would love to see a Church of the Robot Jesus.
Any other ideas?
HutchEmAll PM HutchEmAll
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38673
 
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
quote#5112
Posted: 3/2/2012 10:48:45 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

SJD they're dead inside. They are imprisoned by their own fears. They can't even do a simple exercise in fear of them waking up and realizing that their whole thought process is built on lies. So they will do anything to avoid that reality including endless conversation. But the minute you asked them to take action they will run scared and rationalize why they choose not to do it. This group on this thread truly have no courage whatsoever. I don't think there is any question now that atheists are cowards. When I said that before they would get all up in arms and get their panties in a bunch. But I think their non action on any subject proves beyond a hint of a shadow of a doubt that the coward label is accurate. I have come to feel sorry for them because they have become prisoners of their own bullshit and don't even know it. Very sad.

Whatever makes you feel better.  

Still waiting to find out why it took thousands of years for people to have an "enlightened" vision of God.  

I pray that some of these atheist see the error of their ways 

Why?  People pray all the time and their prayers are not answered.  
You say you don't know well Jesus knows and he wants you to follow him.

It's impossible for you to know this.  

SJD they're dead inside. They are imprisoned by their own fears. 

Assumption on your part.  Not exactly a Christian trait if you ask me.  

Mikniks I pray that you don't become jaded like these other fools on this thread. 

You should be above this.  I haven't called you a fool during this discussion.  I respect you even though I may have many questions. It's unfortunate you couldn't pay others in this thread the same respect even if they insulted you.  


HutchEmAll PM HutchEmAll
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38673
 
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
quote#5113
Posted: 3/2/2012 10:54:57 AM
He is the Alpha and the Omega. Long after the atheist have perished from this Earth. God is. The one constant in this Universe. God. Indisputable, non-refutable, God is here in all his glory. Scientist theories change and are proven wrong some are proven right but God is and always will be. Amen.  Praise his holy name. So it is.
_________________

Scary language.  Talk to a member of the Taliban.  They are as convinced as you are in regards to their beliefs. 


smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5114
Posted: 3/2/2012 4:11:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

He is the Alpha and the Omega. Long after the atheist have perished from this Earth. God is. The one constant in this Universe. God. Indisputable, non-refutable, God is here in all his glory. Scientist theories change and are proven wrong some are proven right but God is and always will be. Amen.  Praise his holy name. So it is.
_________________

Scary language.  Talk to a member of the Taliban.  They are as convinced as you are in regards to their beliefs. 


The Taliban as all fanatic whether they are Christian, Muslim, Jewish or any other religion aren't following God. They are following man. Being convinced that their following God doesn't make it so. God doesn't require a bunch of man made rules IE women need to be covered at all times and the other BS that they perpetuate on people. 
In regards to the respect issue. Did I name you personally? I talked about fools on this thread. If you consider yourself a fool then yes I'm talking about you but if you don't consider yourself a fool why be offended? There is nothing wrong with asking questions. But when those questions become a never ending stream of madness that gets nowhere then yes that becomes a problem. The vast majority of atheist aren't looking for answers. They're looking for cover because they simply can't deal with the reality of life and have no interest or desire to leave the cover of atheism that they have become depended on to justify their mental and spiritual laziness ( sorry I keep forgetting you guys don't have a spirit) The bottom line is this. Atheism is the lazy man's way out of dealing with the truth. It doesn't matter how many times you guys try to spin it. If your words don't follow action beyond the constant talking. Then it really doesn't mean anything. That is what the common atheist is interested in. Justifying their own delusion with more delusional thinking until there's nothing left but layers of crap in order to deny the one thing that is real in dimension. That is God. God is real. If you can't accept that then you have deluded yourself with more garbage.   
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5115
Posted: 3/2/2012 4:39:43 PM
It never fails to amaze me how praising God is considered scary by atheist. Maybe because deep down they know that there is a God and the thought of you praising something that they have spent their entire adult life denying, not believing or calling him sky daddy and the other blasphemous things they say I guess I would be scared to. 
HutchEmAll PM HutchEmAll
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38673
 
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
quote#5116
Posted: 3/2/2012 5:41:32 PM
God doesn't make it so. God doesn't require a bunch of man made rules IE women need to be covered at all times and the other BS that they perpetuate on people. 
_______________

According to you.  Not according to them.  They are equally convinced that they are right.  As are you. 

Atheism is the lazy man's way out of dealing with the truth. It doesn't matter how many times you guys try to spin it. If your words don't follow action beyond the constant talking. Then it really doesn't mean anything. That is what the common atheist is interested in. Justifying their own delusion with more delusional thinking until there's nothing left but layers of crap in order to deny the one thing that is real in dimension.

______________

Same thing could be said of you, my friend.  I will live my life knowing that I will never know (because you can't).  I will treat my fellow man (and women) respectfully because I think that is the right thing to do.  
SYSTEM PM SYSTEM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1649
 
SYSTEM
Participation Meter
Veteran
quote#5117
Posted: 3/2/2012 5:48:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

God doesn't make it so. God doesn't require a bunch of man made rules IE women need to be covered at all times and the other BS that they perpetuate on people. 
_______________

According to you.  Not according to them.  They are equally convinced that they are right.  As are you. 

Atheism is the lazy man's way out of dealing with the truth. It doesn't matter how many times you guys try to spin it. If your words don't follow action beyond the constant talking. Then it really doesn't mean anything. That is what the common atheist is interested in. Justifying their own delusion with more delusional thinking until there's nothing left but layers of crap in order to deny the one thing that is real in dimension.

______________

Same thing could be said of you, my friend.  I will live my life knowing that I will never know (because you can't).  I will treat my fellow man (and women) respectfully because I think that is the right thing to do.  

here's a good question...

why does Hutch sound like a level headed person, and smoothd like a nutjob? 
HutchEmAll PM HutchEmAll
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38673
 
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
quote#5118
Posted: 3/2/2012 5:56:12 PM
It never fails to amaze me how praising God is considered scary by atheist.
_______________

I'm not an athiest because I admit I don't know, but do you really think it's "scary" to praise God for people who do not believe?  It's not scary to them, it's just that they don't believe.  If they were scared, they would likely praise God due to their fear.  I do not believe in Unicorns....therefore, I will not praise them. Does that mean I'm scared of them?

You had me going for a little bit, but you're losing me.  
HutchEmAll PM HutchEmAll
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38673
 
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
quote#5119
Posted: 3/2/2012 5:58:59 PM
Whatever makes you feel better.  

Still waiting to find out why it took thousands of years for people to have an "enlightened" vision of God.  

I pray that some of these atheist see the error of their ways 

Why?  People pray all the time and their prayers are not answered.  
You say you don't know well Jesus knows and he wants you to follow him.

It's impossible for you to know this.  

SJD they're dead inside. They are imprisoned by their own fears. 

Assumption on your part.  Not exactly a Christian trait if you ask me.  

Mikniks I pray that you don't become jaded like these other fools on this thread. 

You should be above this.  I haven't called you a fool during this discussion.  I respect you even though I may have many questions. It's unfortunate you couldn't pay others in this thread the same respect even if they insulted you.  
___________

Any response to this?
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5120
Posted: 3/3/2012 10:42:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

It never fails to amaze me how praising God is considered scary by atheist.
_______________

I'm not an athiest because I admit I don't know, but do you really think it's "scary" to praise God for people who do not believe?  It's not scary to them, it's just that they don't believe.  If they were scared, they would likely praise God due to their fear.  I do not believe in Unicorns....therefore, I will not praise them. Does that mean I'm scared of them?

You had me going for a little bit, but you're losing me.  
I'm not talking about atheists or anyone being of "afraid" of God. God doesn't want you to "fear" him. I'm referring to the attacks that the atheist unleash on people of faith who praise God. Those attacks are based on fear. If you don't believe in God why would you (not you personally but you in general) attack people who do. This is the entire atheist philosophy and they have it in common with fundamentalist of all stripes. Whether they're Christian, Muslim, Hindu or person. Fundamentalism is ruled by fear. Atheists are fearful so they attack. As you say I don't believe in Unicorns either but I wouldn't argue with people everyday who do. Why? If you don't believe so be it. Why argue, discuss or even entertain thoughts that you don't believe in. 
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5121
Posted: 3/3/2012 10:48:54 AM
In regards to your statement  about fanatics believe what they believe just as fervent as me. This is correct but what makes their belief in error is because it's based on man's law not God's. Look let's keep this simple. God is about 2 things and 2 things only- Love and Forgiveness. All else comes from man. That is the simple way of looking at things. The fundamentalist view regardless of what they say or what others say about how hard they believe isn't from God. The need to control other people using religion as an excuse is what Jesus talked about in his issues with the Pharisees. Fundamentalist seek control they're not seeking God but they're using God as the excuse. Just because they say God wants this or God wants that doesn't make it so unless it's based on  Love and Forgiveness. Me telling you what to wear and all these arbitrary rules has nothing to do with that. 
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5122
Posted: 3/3/2012 10:53:21 AM
I can't speak on the entire race of man's lack of spiritual development. I can only speak to my own. So why it has taken us Millions of years to realize certain truths I don't know. But maybe we knew the truth before and for some reason we lost it through the destruction of previous civilizations that have existed on this Earth prior to ours. These are some of the questions that remain unanswered about our existence on this planet.  
smoothd20 PM smoothd20
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 6489
 
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5123
Posted: 3/3/2012 11:30:08 AM
Just to be clear. This isn't about me trying to "feel better". Regardless of what atheist say I KNOW that their is a God. I could care less whether you believe it or not. Your lack of belief in God doesn't make him not exist. I know you guys will say that my belief will not make him exist and that's true but the reality is God is so therefore my belief or lack thereof has no bearing on the truth. There is a philosophy that this is all a dream world and we really don't exist. Now for the people that believe this you and I don't even exist. I can't speak for you but I KNOW I exist so for someone to tell me that I'm part of somebody's dream has no bearing on the truth. They're are Truths, Facts and Laws that exist on this plane. 
Atheists seek God in facts and evidence. You won't find God there. Love is a truth. There is no evidence that Love exists but we see the effects of Love all around us. We also see the effects of hate all around us. There is no evidence that hate exists only the effects of hate. Forgiveness isn't a fact. There is no evidence of forgiveness, only the effects of forgiveness. 
God is a Truth, Love is a Truth, Hate is a Truth, Forgiveness is a Truth. God created Universal Law as the impersonal Judge of the Universe. This is where we get Cause and Effect. Universal Law is immutable and a non respecter of persons as I stated. You can't argue with Universal Law. You can't say well I don't believe in Universal Law. Well you can say it but it doesn't have any effect on the Law. Universal Law is what prevents pure evil from taking over the world. 
Because we have free will, we make our choices based on this free will. Our choices become the Cause and Effect that determines our lives. As you mature you learn supposedly to make better choices that align with Universal Law. Atheists have decided to opt out of the process by denying Truths and Laws. They have decided to pursue a course of only finding facts and in so doing have built their lives on deceit and lies. How is it a lie? Because when you deny the very existence of that which you are you have denied the essence of all that there is. The facts you find don't necessarily add up to the truth. Example-Fact At one point we thought objects couldn't  travel more than the speed of light. Truth-Objects can move much faster than the speed of light.  Facts can change based on our knowledge at the time. Truths never change because they're eternal. Let he who has ears listen. Let he who has a seeking heart seek the Truth and seek the One who has made this all possible. 
mbutt PM mbutt
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3
 
mbutt
Participation Meter
Prospect
quote#5124
Posted: 3/3/2012 12:16:41 PM
 Jesus was God himself morons.And God loved HIS creation enough to sent his son to save it, period. Way to go Butler! won again.
RJSmith PM RJSmith
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 7618
 
RJSmith
Participation Meter
Captain
quote#5125
Posted: 3/3/2012 12:55:22 PM
The U.S is like Iran.
Different religion - but fundamentally the same.

Believing the planet is just 5.000 years old is plain ignorant.
Some Americans probably think "The Flintstones" is a documentary.
Forum: General Discussion Page 205 of 215 «  203 204 205 206 207   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.