Got a 2nd dui last night- from mass

Forum: General Discussion Page 1 of 6  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Got a 2nd dui last night- from mass
hollywoodundead PM hollywoodundead
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 916
 
hollywoodundead
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 4/3/2011 5:08:19 PM

Ok im 22

I got a DUI when I was 18, a simple dui no accidents just lost my license for a yr , tons of classes,

My job consits of a lot of driving, i got about 5 speeding tickets over the summer driving home at 3-4 am from working clubs all over northeast for mtv. ( never drank )

Last night started drinking noonish came home at 4 kinda drunk. Napped from 5-10 , got up felt great my friends asked for a ride to their dorm I gave them one. On way back I got pulled over and after passing field sobriety tests I got asked to breathalyzer I figured I was fine and blew a .11, the limits .08

If people respond to this, Ill explain a little more but Ive talked to some lawyers and the cops made a pretty big mistake that "i think" could change this whole case.

Basically what I want to know is do we think im legit facing jail time. I dont have any other bad history and understand ill probaly lose my license for some time, fines, etc but I dont want to go to jail. It was just a pullover arrest it wasnt an accident or etc.

 

hollywoodundead PM hollywoodundead
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 916
 
hollywoodundead
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 4/3/2011 5:12:51 PM

basically the story is. I was feeling fine, not even buzzed I just woke up . The cops were pricks and rude, the cop I had was young / definetley new and needed help with everything he was doing.

My father called up and goes why was he put in jail. And he says he ran a stop sign, and I asked is there even one there and he said yes. The citation states dui, open containers in the back I didnt know were there my friends left which will probaly kill me. And the citation said "failure to stop" at the stopsign.  My parents had to come get me cause my license was gone today and all my friends told me theres no stop sign on that street, me and my parents went there and theres nothing. Took a picture and am meeting a lawyer tomm,  theres nothing is that a X factor, that the cop said that was the reason and its not even there????

Johnzimbo34 PM Johnzimbo34
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1182
 
Johnzimbo34
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/3/2011 5:28:51 PM

"Last night started drinking noonish came home at 4 kinda drunk"

Dude, stop drinking and driving before you kill someone...please

LeafsNeedD PM LeafsNeedD
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5800
 
LeafsNeedD
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/3/2011 5:29:04 PM
Let's hope they put you behind in jail.


Messier-11 PM Messier-11
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10870
 
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 4/3/2011 5:30:56 PM
you suck at driving
CountNo_Account PM CountNo_Account
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 7738
 
CountNo_Account
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/3/2011 5:33:49 PM
If you work for MTV you deserve the slammer...
hollywoodundead PM hollywoodundead
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 916
 
hollywoodundead
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 4/3/2011 5:41:26 PM
i ask for seriousness and you guys darn around, do 2nd duis guarantee jail time or just on the severty
DTher85 PM DTher85
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 5310
 
DTher85
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/3/2011 5:51:16 PM
It's hard to take this serious when you don't even take drinking and driving serious.

It sounds like you just don't care and perhaps jail time will fix that. I know you "felt great" but you already admitted to driving home drunk that night. Get your garbage together.
hollywoodundead PM hollywoodundead
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 916
 
hollywoodundead
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 4/3/2011 5:53:42 PM

noo i got a dui when i was 18 that was it

 

i rarley do drink now

last night i woke up after a 5 hr nap and drove, i was fine but i guess i was over, i passed everything. The last thing I want to do is go to jail , or kill someone

RichardA PM RichardA
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 4324
 
RichardA
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:05:53 PM
your life is completely over....

you really messed up now
kaponofor3 PM kaponofor3
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 35340
 
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:13:20 PM
Yes, a 2nd DUI is normally jail time, at least in CA it is I believe.
Crowkillers PM Crowkillers
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 32063
 
Crowkillers
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:15:31 PM
The good news is that you are still 14 DUI's away from life in prison...
Crowkillers PM Crowkillers
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 32063
 
Crowkillers
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:16:46 PM
I also read a story about some guy from New Jersey who had 15 DUI's and had his license suspended 78 times in 22 years... How the darn does that happen..?
greedler PM greedler
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 583
 
greedler
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:18:42 PM
Welcome to the machine. Your just a slave in the eyes of government and your about to pay up or they will kill you if you resist. You didnt do anything wrong dont listen to all these brainwashed sheep telling you your a criminal. You were just minding your own business and had your rights violated by this totalitarian police state we now live in. Drinking and driving is not a crime if you didnt harm anyone else. And for the best part of it all if you were a illegal alien you would have been let go free and clear!  Sucks dude i feel for you maybe now youll wake up and realize something must be done to stop this madness.We are not government slaves the government is here to serve us not to prey and feed on us.
Jarrett75 PM Jarrett75
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 24641
 
Jarrett75
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:23:39 PM
sorry but if you drink and drive you deserve what happens to you. I used to drink and drive and realized it was stupid and dangerous for me and others. It's your own fault and not a government conspiracy, greedler.
vanwilder21 PM vanwilder21
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2748
 
vanwilder21
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:29:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by greedler:

Welcome to the machine. Your just a slave in the eyes of government and your about to pay up or they will kill you if you resist. You didnt do anything wrong dont listen to all these brainwashed sheep telling you your a criminal. You were just minding your own business and had your rights violated by this totalitarian police state we now live in. Drinking and driving is not a crime if you didnt harm anyone else. And for the best part of it all if you were a illegal alien you would have been let go free and clear!  Sucks dude i feel for you maybe now youll wake up and realize something must be done to stop this madness.We are not government slaves the government is here to serve us not to prey and feed on us.

I've never heard a bigger crock of garbage in my entire life!
greedler PM greedler
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 583
 
greedler
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:31:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Jarrett75:

sorry but if you drink and drive you deserve what happens to you. I used to drink and drive and realized it was stupid and dangerous for me and others. It's your own fault and not a government conspiracy, greedler.
So hes being prosecuted for what he might have done? Where does this end? I dont want to live in a minority report type world. Id rather risk him killing me or someone i care for than having a total police state that puts you in jail for what you MIGHT do.
ricefan1981 PM ricefan1981
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 796
 
ricefan1981
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:36:57 PM
my buddy got two in mass in two weeks and never did jail time.  that was in 2005 he had to get a breathalizer in his truck
greedler PM greedler
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 583
 
greedler
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:37:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vanwilder21:


I've never heard a bigger crock of garbage in my entire life!
Yes im sure the concept of government serving the people is a very vile idea to a nazi like you.
vanwilder21 PM vanwilder21
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2748
 
vanwilder21
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:38:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by greedler:

So hes being prosecuted for what he might have done? Where does this end? I dont want to live in a minority report type world. Id rather risk him killing me or someone i care for than having a total police state that puts you in jail for what you MIGHT do.

It's the law you ignorant darn....If murder wasn't against the law and someone shot your wife, would you feel the same way?
D_Unit PM D_Unit
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2642
 
D_Unit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:41:34 PM
So how many of you holier than thou never have had a few drinks and driven home? You can drink and drive, just dont be obliterated.
greedler PM greedler
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 583
 
greedler
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:43:14 PM
Goddam your a stupid fuckin prick. When you murder someone you hurt someone else! YOU DONT HURT ANYONE DRINKING AND DRIVING. If your a dumbass and get wasted and kill someone while drunk driving sure feel free to lock them up and throw away the key but until that happens leave people the darn alone.
kaponofor3 PM kaponofor3
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 35340
 
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:43:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by greedler:

So hes being prosecuted for what he might have done? Where does this end? I dont want to live in a minority report type world. Id rather risk him killing me or someone i care for than having a total police state that puts you in jail for what you MIGHT do.


No. He's likely to be prosecuted for violating one of the state laws written by the legislature -- you know, the people who "we" as a population elect -- for the protection of the public.
kaponofor3 PM kaponofor3
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 35340
 
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:44:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by greedler:

Goddam your a stupid fuckin prick. When you murder someone you hurt someone else! YOU DONT HURT ANYONE DRINKING AND DRIVING. If your a dumbass and get wasted and kill someone while drunk driving sure feel free to lock them up and throw away the key but until that happens leave people the darn alone.


What about attempted murder, greedler? If I get a gun and try to shoot someone, but I just happen to be a bad shot and I miss, should I get prosecuted for that?
greedler PM greedler
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 583
 
greedler
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 4/3/2011 6:47:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vanwilder21:


It's the law you ignorant darn....If murder wasn't against the law and someone shot your wife, would you feel the same way?
ITS THE LAW???????? It also used to be the law to own slaves that doesnt make it right.
Forum: General Discussion Page 1 of 6  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.