Phil Steele

Forum: College Football
Author: [College Football] Topic: Phil Steele
MikeMed PM MikeMed
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2754
 
MikeMed
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/7/2017 4:20:46 PM
Anyone know when his CF MAG hits the shelves?
packers1992 PM packers1992
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11325
 
packers1992
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/7/2017 6:04:37 PM

Mike it'll be out around the 4th of July

Lindy Athlon and the like around Memorial Day

enjoy the offseason buddy

LonghornHoosier PM LonghornHoosier
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6079
 
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/7/2017 11:51:42 PM
if you pre-order from P Steele, you should probably get it by mid june...
MikeMed PM MikeMed
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2754
 
MikeMed
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/8/2017 6:01:17 PM
THNX fellas
WalterTibbs PM WalterTibbs
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1249
 
WalterTibbs
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/12/2017 8:19:43 AM
QUOTE
Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

if you pre-order from P Steele, you should probably get it by mid june...

For pre-orders or questions you can call 1-866-918-7711.  Like Longhorn said, they will be shipped around June 15th.

Ole Phil Steele should give Covers a commission for all the promotion he receiving here.
gordon2987 PM gordon2987
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 303
 
gordon2987
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 5/12/2017 4:12:40 PM
Do like Al Bundy does order Big Ums you will get more for your money Phil Steele is a waste of money
WalterTibbs PM WalterTibbs
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1249
 
WalterTibbs
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/12/2017 7:41:06 PM
QUOTE
Originally Posted by gordon2987:

Do like Al Bundy does order Big Ums you will get more for your money Phil Steele is a waste of money


Golly Gee....maybe I will cancel my order this year.  WHAT FUCKEN GRADE ARE YOU IN? 

Can't be past JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL!
StumpTownStu PM StumpTownStu
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 3050
 
StumpTownStu
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/13/2017 1:53:31 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gordon2987:

Do like Al Bundy does order Big Ums you will get more for your money Phil Steele is a waste of money
For everything I used Phil Steele's mag for, I can do online for free but I still buy it every year just because it's a tradition.
strippersnbens PM strippersnbens
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 7322
 
strippersnbens
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/13/2017 12:58:23 PM
I love the Phil Steele most for individual defensive stats of the previous season to make position power ratings
tsw PM tsw
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 12260
 
tsw
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 5/17/2017 6:59:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by packers1992:

Mike it'll be out around the 4th of July

Lindy Athlon and the like around Memorial Day

enjoy the offseason buddy


Athlon and Street & Smith are out now.
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 40383
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 6/6/2017 11:36:01 AM
ATHLON is the best one out right now 


and thats NOT SAYING MUCH 


SO MUCH WASTED SPACE WITH Cheerleaders / human interest stories / subjective lists of ALL time greats etc.... )


Better than nothing though



bookieassassin PM bookieassassin
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 7905
 
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 6/6/2017 2:46:42 PM
Steele always comes out earlier than it's supposed to....

The BEST preview for (serious) handicappers is FREE...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-previews-2017

WHY?.....because it's :   OBJECTIVE....CRITICAL.....ANALYTICAL

 *even has a line prediction for EACH game (kinda sorta)
 *stats have garbage time / wasted downs factored in

$$  you just have to DIVE IN....learn his terminology...you'll make more money once you do  


Steele....a one time tout...is becoming more and more too much of a cheerleader....designed to SELL MORE MAGAZINES
  *the COMMON fan does not wanna hear negative stuff about his team........SO if you might have noticed....after reading (most) every team's preview....you kinda think....hey man they're gonna be a LOT BETTER!.......awright!.............

note:   this is NOT good for a handicapper......idea is to be CRITICAL......look for flaws ......the GOOD stuff sure is important...but......... the good stuff is obvious to most any way....THEREFORE is probably in the LINE already dontchathink ?

I use Steele to (help) show me which direction the team....or offensive / defensive unit is headed....very useful and a great deal at < $10 or so yo bet...............
  



LonghornHoosier PM LonghornHoosier
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6079
 
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 6/6/2017 3:07:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:

Steele always comes out earlier than it's supposed to....

The BEST preview for (serious) handicappers is FREE...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-previews-2017

WHY?.....because it's :   OBJECTIVE....CRITICAL.....ANALYTICAL

 *even has a line prediction for EACH game (kinda sorta)
 *stats have garbage time / wasted downs factored in

$$  you just have to DIVE IN....learn his terminology...you'll make more money once you do  


Steele....a one time tout...is becoming more and more too much of a cheerleader....designed to SELL MORE MAGAZINES
  *the COMMON fan does not wanna hear negative stuff about his team........SO if you might have noticed....after reading (most) every team's preview....you kinda think....hey man they're gonna be a LOT BETTER!.......awright!.............

note:   this is NOT good for a handicapper......idea is to be CRITICAL......look for flaws ......the GOOD stuff sure is important...but......... the good stuff is obvious to most any way....THEREFORE is probably in the LINE already dontchathink ?

I use Steele to (help) show me which direction the team....or offensive / defensive unit is headed....very useful and a great deal at < $10 or so yo bet...............
  




excellent perspective...I wanted to get my week 1 and week 2 picks prior to reviewing Steele...Will try to validate with Steele et al. Steele tends to over hype Oklahoma, and Notre Dame...He is indeed in the magazine distribution business, and in the business to make money...
DavidA15 PM DavidA15
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 135
 
DavidA15
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 6/6/2017 4:58:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MikeMed:

Anyone know when his CF MAG hits the shelves?

[Quote: Originally Posted by MikeMed]Anyone know when his CF MAG hits the shelves?
I looked on PS WEBSITE and it comes out middle of JUNE
Posted using a mobile device.
DavidA15 PM DavidA15
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 135
 
DavidA15
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 6/6/2017 5:01:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MikeMed:

THNX fellas

It hits the news stands on june 27th..
Posted using a mobile device.
Forum: College Football
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.
Desktop View: Switch to Mobile View