Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 4 of 18 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: *** NCAA Football Week 8 ***
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#76
Posted: 10/14/2012 6:28:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bipolarroller:

I like to see ya vent Boom....I saw everything your way....I also took 3 preparatrion H shots up the behind with LSU, VANDY and TENN....3 MOOSES!....With some people, you will never be right or near "right!"....You are far too intelligent with your reasoning to lower yourself and field needless questions....By the way, I witnessed a great "tank job" today again by the Eagles, as some of them are makking more money on the side than playing.....Keep up the good work!
I hardly ever vent like this...... I also like to debate and will do so with a good argument. arid is good guy that other moron is a idiot
quote
SoonerfanTU send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SoonerfanTU
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 249
Location:
#77
Posted: 10/14/2012 6:31:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:



5. Can we put this W.V for National champions away for now? Seriously, who in the hell gets blown out by Texas Tech? Don't believe in this fools gold people. Texas Tech is a fraud! They will get exposed! The line never made any sense to begin with and let that be a lesson to all. Never bet on games like that. NEVER! Welcome to college football now West Virginia. This aint the Big East. Did Geno really hurt his Heisman campaign? Maybe not, but losing like his team did doesn't help I can tell you that. Shake it off boys, you are only about to play the " wizard " next week.


I'm not saying TT is better than average, but Lubbock is a TOUGH place to play.  Ask OU.  Ask UT.  Ask any number of teams.

Factor in that 2 weeks ago WV got up for their first Big 12 game, and battled Baylor down to the wire, and last week traveled to Austin for a BIG game, and came out on top.  That means they flew from WVU to UT, back to WVU, and then back to Lubbock.  That is a lot of travel, and a perfect opportunity for a let down.

Do I think the WVU defense is any good?  No.  But the offense is legit, and should do well in most games.  Be interesting to see how they look against KSU next week.
quote
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#78
Posted: 10/14/2012 6:38:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

this is where we are disagreeing Arid.  Under no circumstances is the risk the same. Miss st had no business even trying that garbage because of the risk vs reward. NONE.... It's not even debatable. If they darn up right there.... they could lose the game. You keep arguing that the play helped there outcome. HOW??? There is 15 seconds left before you snap the ball...what was Tenn going to do once they got it back at 5 seconds or so???? 90 yd miracle???? Insane


Wait a second. So you're telling me, that if I gave you a choice between being behind 10 with 9 seconds left and being behind 3 with 5 seconds left, you would have no preference? 

I like you, Boom, but that's plumb crazy. 
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#79
Posted: 10/14/2012 6:45:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:


Wait a second. So you're telling me, that if I gave you a choice between being behind 10 with 9 seconds left and being behind 3 with 5 seconds left, you would have no preference? 

I like you, Boom, but that's plumb crazy. 
arid you keep trying to justify the choice of the play call..... there is no way to justify it. If your up by 3 points and have the ball on the 10 yd line with 15 seconds to go you have to be crazy to try and intentionally call a passing play to score.... understand the play was called for them to score..... the prudent thing to do was to kill the clock. Why??? IF you choose to run a " SET PLAY " and that is what it was...How do I know that??? it was a timing pattern. you are taking a chance of turning the ball over..... you are taking a chance of LOSING THE GAME with a pick 6 of some sort. If you run around and kill clock. Tenn AINT driving 90 yds in 5 seconds.....

 so given the choice I would rather protect my lead of three points with 15 seconds left knowing Tenn would have to score on one play 90 yds...then try and score there................understand the reward of scoring is NOT WORTH THE RISK
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#80
Posted: 10/14/2012 6:47:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SoonerfanTU:



I'm not saying TT is better than average, but Lubbock is a TOUGH place to play.  Ask OU.  Ask UT.  Ask any number of teams.

Factor in that 2 weeks ago WV got up for their first Big 12 game, and battled Baylor down to the wire, and last week traveled to Austin for a BIG game, and came out on top.  That means they flew from WVU to UT, back to WVU, and then back to Lubbock.  That is a lot of travel, and a perfect opportunity for a let down.

Do I think the WVU defense is any good?  No.  But the offense is legit, and should do well in most games.  Be interesting to see how they look against KSU next week.
agree 100% Lubbock has always been a tough place to play.... But also dont mis the point that the most potent offense in the country only scored 14 points... something was wrong
quote
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#81
Posted: 10/14/2012 6:50:50 PM
Boom, I'm not justifying it. I told you I agreed that the risk outweighed the reward. My disagreement is that there IS a reward, even if it's not nearly as big as the risk. 

I'm pretty sure if we were hanging out drinking beer, we'd have agreed on all points of this discussion in about five minutes, but we're disagreeing on wording or something. 

My position: 

*In the Clemson case, by successfully going for it, Swinney gains nothing, but risks little (three scores in a minute is more possible than two scores in 5 seconds, but it's still not happening). 

*In the Mississippi State case, by successfully going for it, Mullen gains a little (two score lead means no 90 yard miracle), but risks more than he gains (INT return could be huge). 
quote
austintx11 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
austintx11
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1728
Location: Texas
#82
Posted: 10/14/2012 6:54:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Yeah Wisconsin is having a bad year..... Funny you pop in to take a shot at me picking them. I have been around this thing along time kid and I do know what im talking about......

as for you arguing with me??? Not a chance. You cant make a good argument let alone argue with me. 
im not taking a shot at you, I'm proving a point that when you are right, you thoroughly express how right you are, and when you are wrong it gets swept under the rug. This is also the point of the other poster arguing the moose in the Clemson/gt game. 

Now you may be knowledgeable about football, but your constant arrogance and talking down to anyone who opposes your point of view, you always backlash by calling people names and saying how they can't argue wit you, and ow much more you know abut this than them. Resorting to name calling is the first sign of immaturity and that you had no other argument other than that you are a legend on your own mind and that there is no way you cold possibly be wrong. 
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#83
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:03:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by austintx11:

im not taking a shot at you, I'm proving a point that when you are right, you thoroughly express how right you are, and when you are wrong it gets swept under the rug. This is also the point of the other poster arguing the moose in the Clemson/gt game. 

Now you may be knowledgeable about football, but your constant arrogance and talking down to anyone who opposes your point of view, you always backlash by calling people names and saying how they can't argue wit you, and ow much more you know abut this than them. Resorting to name calling is the first sign of immaturity and that you had no other argument other than that you are a legend on your own mind and that there is no way you cold possibly be wrong. 
Your so full of garbage. Nobody owns up or mans up about if things go wrong more then me...

 I dont talk down to anyone. But when people attack me like strolling into my thread attacking something I said months ago I have to put them into there place.... they bring up the one thing yet not mentioning all the other stuff in between.

So lets get this straight..... I arrogant because I defended myself because some knucklehead likes to take a opportunity to point out when I m wrong.... 

Austin call it how you want.... and I could really care less if you post in my threads. But understand this one thing. Dont talk garbage if you cant take it. Understand you are the one always in my thread asking me questions, no the other way around
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#84
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:05:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:

Boom, I'm not justifying it. I told you I agreed that the risk outweighed the reward. My disagreement is that there IS a reward, even if it's not nearly as big as the risk. 

I'm pretty sure if we were hanging out drinking beer, we'd have agreed on all points of this discussion in about five minutes, but we're disagreeing on wording or something. 

My position: 

*In the Clemson case, by successfully going for it, Swinney gains nothing, but risks little (three scores in a minute is more possible than two scores in 5 seconds, but it's still not happening). 

*In the Mississippi State case, by successfully going for it, Mullen gains a little (two score lead means no 90 yard miracle), but risks more than he gains (INT return could be huge). 
I think your right.. I think we agree on it.... but with gray areas   By now he should be 6 beers in
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 511
Location:
#85
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:06:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:

Boom, I'm not justifying it. I told you I agreed that the risk outweighed the reward. My disagreement is that there IS a reward, even if it's not nearly as big as the risk. 

I'm pretty sure if we were hanging out drinking beer, we'd have agreed on all points of this discussion in about five minutes, but we're disagreeing on wording or something. 

My position: 

*In the Clemson case, by successfully going for it, Swinney gains nothing, but risks little (three scores in a minute is more possible than two scores in 5 seconds, but it's still not happening). 

*In the Mississippi State case, by successfully going for it, Mullen gains a little (two score lead means no 90 yard miracle), but risks more than he gains (INT return could be huge). 

And that's the jist of it right there and the reason this whole debate is going on and boom needs to argue with an "idiot" like myself.  Clemson took MUCH BIGGER RISK in running the ball last week than kneeling, yet of course boom won't say a peep cause he was on the better end of the moose.

Yet this week, jebus h, he's on the bad end of a moose and the tears start flowing.

Anyways, Boom, I know you think you know everything, I know I'm not gonna change your ego or your condescending tone.  I just like to poke holes in people's self-image when they think they are the be all end all capper to the gods.  Have a good day boom, gl with your bets this coming week.  Have fun ripping Vegas a new fool.

Talk later.

quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 511
Location:
#86
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:07:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by austintx11:

im not taking a shot at you, I'm proving a point that when you are right, you thoroughly express how right you are, and when you are wrong it gets swept under the rug. This is also the point of the other poster arguing the moose in the Clemson/gt game. 

Now you may be knowledgeable about football, but your constant arrogance and talking down to anyone who opposes your point of view, you always backlash by calling people names and saying how they can't argue wit you, and ow much more you know abut this than them. Resorting to name calling is the first sign of immaturity and that you had no other argument other than that you are a legend on your own mind and that there is no way you cold possibly be wrong. 

quote
austintx11 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
austintx11
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1728
Location: Texas
#87
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:07:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Your so full of garbage. Nobody owns up or mans up about if things go wrong more then me...

 I dont talk down to anyone. But when people attack me like strolling into my thread attacking something I said months ago I have to put them into there place.... they bring up the one thing yet not mentioning all the other stuff in between.

So lets get this straight..... I arrogant because I defended myself because some knucklehead likes to take a opportunity to point out when I m wrong.... 

Austin call it how you want.... and I could really care less if you post in my threads. But understand this one thing. Dont talk garbage if you cant take it. Understand you are the one always in my thread asking me questions, no the other way around
when you tell someone they are a kid and call them an idiot, yeah that's talking down to someone in an arrogant manner. 

See there you go again, you don't come to my thread so I must worship the all mighty boom. And I'm not talking garbage, I'm calling it now I see it. 

So you tell me not to talk garbage if I can't take it, but when I bring up a prediction you made to prove a point, I'm automatically talking garbage? Maybe you should take your own advice on being able to take garbage. 
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#88
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:11:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:

And that's the jist of it right there and the reason this whole debate is going on and boom needs to argue with an "idiot" like myself.  Clemson took MUCH BIGGER RISK in running the ball last week than kneeling, yet of course boom won't say a peep cause he was on the better end of the moose.

Yet this week, jebus h, he's on the bad end of a moose and the tears start flowing.

Anyways, Boom, I know you think you know everything, I know I'm not gonna change your ego or your condescending tone.  I just like to poke holes in people's self-image when they think they are the be all end all capper to the gods.  Have a good day boom, gl with your bets this coming week.  Have fun ripping Vegas a new fool.

Talk later.

this is why your a idiot  What is so hard to understand that what Clemson did was WAAYYYY much less of a risk vs what miss st did. If you cant understand that you are exactly what I said you were....a friggin idiot

Your logic

Clemson up by 2 scores...and there taking a bigger risk by running the ball.

Miss st is up by one score and actually throws the ball on 4th down...but there risk is less then the one Clemson took




Stay off the crack slick
quote
AllPaBaby send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AllPaBaby
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 139
Location:
#89
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:12:49 PM

boom

i understand you are not a conspiracy type of guy....but after 1,2,3,4.......etc, etc, these "things" that are happening are no longer a coincidence.  Its all business baby.....the nfl no longer hides it...................btw.....played at notre dame...i have stories for ya!!

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#90
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:16:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by austintx11:

when you tell someone they are a kid and call them an idiot, yeah that's talking down to someone in an arrogant manner. 

See there you go again, you don't come to my thread so I must worship the all mighty boom. And I'm not talking garbage, I'm calling it now I see it. 

So you tell me not to talk garbage if I can't take it, but when I bring up a prediction you made to prove a point, I'm automatically talking garbage? Maybe you should take your own advice on being able to take garbage. 
people like you  Worship Boom.........

 ok austin. You said those words, not me. Nobody told you to worship anybody.... you guys make garbage up and think that is the way I see it....  All of that is something you scrambled up in that tiny little head of yours.

as I said before.... I DGAF if post in my thread. If you like what I got to say, good....if not, thats fine too.... But dont be a hard behind and try and act like a tough guy and bring up the one thing you couldn't wait to say. Yet leave out the other things.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#91
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:17:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AllPaBaby:

boom

i understand you are not a conspiracy type of guy....but after 1,2,3,4.......etc, etc, these "things" that are happening are no longer a coincidence.  Its all business baby.....the nfl no longer hides it...................btw.....played at notre dame...i have stories for ya!!

would love to hear them
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#92
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:19:11 PM
Guys............I rarely get like this.

Im kicking behind and taking names...

Let's go!!!



quote
sportschat send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sportschat
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2821
Location: Delaware
#93
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:24:09 PM

I'll settle this...agree to disagree and we'll get in to week 8. I understand what boom is saying...msu tried to score and in doing so risked a turnover that could have ended up in their own end zone

quote
austintx11 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
austintx11
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1728
Location: Texas
#94
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:25:17 PM
You're not kicking anyone's behind.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#95
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:28:19 PM
Ok austin... Run along now. I dont want you to think im being a fool or anything I might hurt your feelings if this conversation continues.

 
quote
austintx11 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
austintx11
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1728
Location: Texas
#96
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:33:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Ok austin... Run along now. I dont want you to think im being a fool or anything I might hurt your feelings if this conversation continues.

 
internet tough guy. I'm scared. I'll put it this way. Will you be attending the sc/Clemson game this season?
quote
AllPaBaby send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AllPaBaby
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 139
Location:
#97
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:39:59 PM

forgot to mention.....i enjoy following your picks

i have never done "anything" to change the outcome of a game on purpose but i have been involved without knowing it until after my career.  had a coach (don't want to mention names, real bad lisp) change his entire game plan and play calling after half time.  first half we ran for over 200 yards, and he no longer wanted to run off-tackle, we ran dives for 6 straight 3 and outs. we were up by 17 at half time.....we ended up winning by 3.....later to find out spread was 3.5!!  coach later told me (well after my career was over) "im not the only one who is in charge of play calling, sometimes i have to do what im told." Initially i was baffled, but later on after being in the p's for several years, playing for the "big easy" i understood, how much of a business this really is....

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#98
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:44:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by austintx11:

internet tough guy. I'm scared. I'll put it this way. Will you be attending the sc/Clemson game this season?
If I can get tickets I certainly will
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15919
Location: South Carolina
#99
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:45:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AllPaBaby:

forgot to mention.....i enjoy following your picks

i have never done "anything" to change the outcome of a game on purpose but i have been involved without knowing it until after my career.  had a coach (don't want to mention names, real bad lisp) change his entire game plan and play calling after half time.  first half we ran for over 200 yards, and he no longer wanted to run off-tackle, we ran dives for 6 straight 3 and outs. we were up by 17 at half time.....we ended up winning by 3.....later to find out spread was 3.5!!  coach later told me (well after my career was over) "im not the only one who is in charge of play calling, sometimes i have to do what im told." Initially i was baffled, but later on after being in the p's for several years, playing for the "big easy" i understood, how much of a business this really is....

Lou?
quote
AllPaBaby send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AllPaBaby
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 139
Location:
#100
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:46:40 PM
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 4 of 18 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.