Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 2 of 18 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: *** NCAA Football Week 8 ***
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#26
Posted: 10/14/2012 1:20:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by laythehammer:

I agree.  I went to the game last night and there were 13 secs left.  If we scramble and throw it in the back of the end zone, there would be 6-8 secs left and they have the ball on the 8.  He threw were only the rec would catch it and he made an unbelievable catch.  I personally would have ran an option or sweep to run the clock but I don't think we were trying to score.  I'm very glad he didn't kick a field goal because we quite possibly could have the worst special teams in the SEC.  We've given up 2 special teams tads at home this year and our fg kicker is horrendous.

In watching the goal, MS State deserved to cover the spread.  They dominated the game(Tyler bray-148 yes passing; put up at least 257 in every other game.  Tennessee is not the old Tennessee.  But this game was similar to Clemson vs Florida state, Clemson deserved to cover that game.  


Want to talk about worst special teams? Did you not see Tennessee FORGET TO FIELD A KICKOFF. Also, the Vols have missed at least one extra point in four of six games this season. 

MSU held Bray down pretty well, but Tennessee gashed State on the ground. That's definitely the best running game Tennessee has had all season. It really just came down to Mullen being a much better coach than Dooley. State doesn't make mistakes. Tennessee does. 

And I wish Cordarrelle Patterson could play all the positions at the same time. 
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#27
Posted: 10/14/2012 1:46:46 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

right... I think were on the same page here. It was a moose.

Boom,

Last weeks game, but what did you think of Clemson scoring with less than a minute left against GT to cover last week?  They had 1st and goal at the 8, GT had no TOs and all Clemson had to do was take a knee.  Instead, they ran plays and scored to cover.  Was that a Moose?  Did you get lucky on one of your top picks last week?

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#28
Posted: 10/14/2012 1:50:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:

Boom,

Last weeks game, but what did you think of Clemson scoring with less than a minute left against GT to cover last week?  They had 1st and goal at the 8, GT had no TOs and all Clemson had to do was take a knee.  Instead, they ran plays and scored to cover.  Was that a Moose?  Did you get lucky on one of your top picks last week?

Clemson was up 9.... there was still just over a minute left...and GT did have timeouts
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#29
Posted: 10/14/2012 1:57:57 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Clemson was up 9.... there was still just over a minute left...and GT did have timeouts

 

3rd and 9 at CLEM 333rd and 9 at CLEM 331st and 10 at CLEM 462nd and 10 at CLEM 463rd and 9 at CLEM 473rd and 9 at CLEM 471st and 10 at GT 402nd and 8 at GT 383rd and 12 at GT 423rd and 12 at GT 421st and Goal at GT 82nd and Goal at GT 1
Timeout GEORGIA TECH, clock 4:23.    
Tajh Boyd rush for 13 yards to the Clem 46 for a 1ST down.    
Andre Ellington rush for no gain to the Clem 46.    
Andre Ellington rush for 1 yard to the Clem 47.    
Timeout GEORGIA TECH, clock 3:10.    
Tajh Boyd rush for 13 yards to the GTech 40 for a 1ST down.    
Andre Ellington rush for 2 yards to the GTech 38.    
Andre Ellington rush for a loss of 4 yards to the GTech 42.    
Timeout GEORGIA TECH, clock 1:54.    
Roderick McDowell rush for 26 yards to the GTech 8, GEORGIA TECH penalty 8 yard Personal Foul accepted for a 1ST down.    
Roderick McDowell rush for 7 yards to the GTech 1.    
Roderick McDowell rush for 1 yard for a TOUCHDOWN.

GT took their FINAL TO at 1:54 left, Clemson got the 1st off a 26 yard play.  So using common sense, the clock would have been roughly at 1:30 once they set the chains and start the clock again, with Clemson having a 1st and goal.  Down it twice and they win by 9. 

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#30
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:12:20 PM
Again.... There was more then a minute left.... in the Tennessee game there was less the 20 seconds. HUGE difference
quote
UL-LAFAYETTEKID
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
UL-LAFAYETTEKID
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1459
Location: Louisiana
#31
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:15:27 PM
boom the old ball coach knew that the way LSU ;S  D  was playing and with the crowd being so loud and pumped that he would not get that deep in the red zone any more,, so he had to go for it there and hope for the first down or touchdown and then kick the onside kick and hope for a long 50 yard FG TRY.....instead of taking the chip shot FG and having to try a 60 or 70 yard hell mary...i am sure that was his line of thinking there.....you play to win the game.....some coach once said that ...miracle in the meadowlands......
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#32
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:18:22 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Again.... There was more then a minute left.... in the Tennessee game there was less the 20 seconds. HUGE difference

Really?  HUGE difference?  No not really.  No TIMEOUTS.  whether it was 20 seconds or 1:30, 4 downs means you can run out the clock either way.  It was actually RISKIER for Dabo to call two running plays forcing his QB to hand off to the RB and then run into the DLine and risking a fumble instead of having his QB down it with little to no chance of a fumble.  With all the football you watch (more than everyone else apparently), I'm surprised you don't realize this.  Les Miles much?

But hey, just wanted your opinion on it since it was pretty nearly the same situation but don't remember you commenting on you being on the better side of a moose last week on one of your top plays.  Your moose complaint in this weeks thread reminded me. 

GLTU

quote
mws send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
mws
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5975
Location: Texas
#33
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:18:26 PM
Boom, Tech did not have any timeouts.  Clemson could have knelt it out.  Miss St had to run a play.
quote
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#34
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:18:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Clemson was up 9.... there was still just over a minute left...and GT did have timeouts

Clemson could've run out the clock by taking a knee. Mississippi State couldn't. Makes the Clemson moose a lot worse
quote
damonte send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
damonte
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 748
Location: Illinois
#35
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:18:53 PM
Boom, regarding point #2

Could C. Mich only be focusing on their conference games? Is that a reasonable explaination for their lackluster performance?
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#36
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:20:34 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by UL-LAFAYETTEKID:

boom the old ball coach knew that the way LSU ;S  D  was playing and with the crowd being so loud and pumped that he would not get that deep in the red zone any more,, so he had to go for it there and hope for the first down or touchdown and then kick the onside kick and hope for a long 50 yard FG TRY.....instead of taking the chip shot FG and having to try a 60 or 70 yard hell mary...i am sure that was his line of thinking there.....you play to win the game.....some coach once said that ...miracle in the meadowlands......

 Exactly. 

I would have called the exact same thing.  Not likely you get a shot at a TD that close again in that game.  Odds were better for him.  And trust me, I'm pissed cause I had the under so that TD screwed me....although I am just glad to even had the opportunity to try and cover, since a FG screws me also.

quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#37
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:21:57 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by mws:

Boom, Tech did not have any timeouts.  Clemson could have knelt it out.  Miss St had to run a play.

quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#38
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:26:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:

Really?  HUGE difference?  No not really.  No TIMEOUTS.  whether it was 20 seconds or 1:30, 4 downs means you can run out the clock either way.  It was actually RISKIER for Dabo to call two running plays forcing his QB to hand off to the RB and then run into the DLine and risking a fumble instead of having his QB down it with little to no chance of a fumble.  With all the football you watch (more than everyone else apparently), I'm surprised you don't realize this.  Les Miles much?

But hey, just wanted your opinion on it since it was pretty nearly the same situation but don't remember you commenting on you being on the better side of a moose last week on one of your top plays.  Your moose complaint in this weeks thread reminded me. 

GLTU

I never said it wasnt the right call. Clemson could haven taken a knee, yes. But again.....Clemson was up 9 with a minute to go. I can understand the call a little more then trying to score with less then 20 seconds left. It wasnt any of my   "TOP" plays BTW.... Go look back at it and you will see.........READING comprehension

So again.... whats hard to understand here is the fact you want to argue about this.


quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#39
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:29:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:

 Exactly. 

I would have called the exact same thing.  Not likely you get a shot at a TD that close again in that game.  Odds were better for him.  And trust me, I'm pissed cause I had the under so that TD screwed me....although I am just glad to even had the opportunity to try and cover, since a FG screws me also.

Because your a friggin idiot your down 2 scores dumb behind.... its 4th down. You have to take the points there.

Get lost you idiot



quote
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#40
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:29:48 PM
There's no reason for Dabo to make that call OTHER than trying to cover the spread. If you understand him trying to cover the spread, so be it. Just as long as you're not trying to convince us there's a good football reason to do that, we're good. 
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#41
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:31:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:


Clemson could've run out the clock by taking a knee. Mississippi State couldn't. Makes the Clemson moose a lot worse
both could have ran the clock out arid all miss st as to do is drop back and kill a few seconds and throw it as high as possible. at the worst they give tenn the ball back with less then 5 seconds to go 90 yds
quote
laythehammer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
laythehammer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 398
Location: United States
#42
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:32:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:


Want to talk about worst special teams? Did you not see Tennessee FORGET TO FIELD A KICKOFF. Also, the Vols have missed at least one extra point in four of six games this season. 

MSU held Bray down pretty well, but Tennessee gashed State on the ground. That's definitely the best running game Tennessee has had all season. It really just came down to Mullen being a much better coach than Dooley. State doesn't make mistakes. Tennessee does. 

And I wish Cordarrelle Patterson could play all the positions at the samet time. 

Yes I was surprised to see Tenn both run it that often and have that much success.  I think one reason is because we didn't want Bray beating us and throwing all over the field.

And yes that kickoff where we recovered was a big play in the game.  Our fg kicker is absolutely terrible, and both sec home games we have given up tads on kickoff.  We've got to sure that up.  Even being 6-0, I think we'll end up w a 8 (9 at most) regular season.  

Good luck.



quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#43
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:34:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:

There's no reason for Dabo to make that call OTHER than trying to cover the spread. If you understand him trying to cover the spread, so be it. Just as long as you're not trying to convince us there's a good football reason to do that, we're good. 
look arid.... I have said it over and over... Clemson could have taken a knee............They take a knee the game is over... yes. Was a bad beat if you had tech? Yes.

 BUT the only difference is..........the clemson game still had over a minute to go whereas the tenn game only had a few seconds

Both are bad beats...
quote
ccbulldog send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ccbulldog
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 823
Location: Mississippi
#44
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:35:25 PM
Man, I love Dan Mullen. Isn't that what every bettor wants is for teams to not only try to win but cover too.     You're just mad cause you were on the wrong side.
Anyway, it pissed me off that people on here dissed my Bulldogs saying they hadn't played anybody and Tenn. was gonna win just because they are Tenn. (since when has that meant anything?)   Were 6-0 now so suck on that.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#45
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:36:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Arid_Torpor:

There's no reason for Dabo to make that call OTHER than trying to cover the spread. If you understand him trying to cover the spread, so be it. Just as long as you're not trying to convince us there's a good football reason to do that, we're good
just as the same in the miss st game last night slick...dont try and give some bull garbage excuse to where miss st should have tried to score........Cause there isnt a " FOOTBALL" reason to why they should have
quote
Arid_Torpor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Arid_Torpor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2590
Location: North Carolina
#46
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:41:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

just as the same in the miss st game last night slick...dont try and give some bull garbage excuse to where miss st should have tried to score........Cause there isnt a " FOOTBALL" reason to why they should have

Would scoring make Mississippi State more likely to win? Yes. 

Would scoring make Clemson more likely to win? No. 

QED
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#47
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:42:11 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Because your a friggin idiot your down 2 scores dumb behind.... its 4th down. You have to take the points there.

Get lost you idiot



I guess I won the "argument".  Well, at least that's what I've been told about when people resort to name calling.  But thanks for proving my point about you always calling out when you get moosed, yet never admit to having one of your bad picks turn good because of a moose.

Clemson wasn't one of your "top plays".  You were very high on them regardless cause their offense is so amazing.  You were a homer on them vs GT this year just like last year.

You have to take the points huh?  And your argument is because it was 4th down, down 2 scores?  Let me ask you, what do you think is tougher, getting 12 yards on 1 pass play (it was 4th and 12 at the 17), or going 55 yards for a TD in less than 2 minutes after your opponent has only allowed you 200 TOTAL YARDS the whole game?  Let me ask you, do you think teams, after scoring a tying TD, should never go for 2 for the win.  Should they always kick the XP?

quote
laythehammer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
laythehammer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 398
Location: United States
#48
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:44:03 PM
Boom,

You actually think they were trying to score?  Again, if I were the coach I would have run a sweep or an option.  But, Russell has one int all year and he probably told Tyler if you have nothing, throw it away.  He just made a good throw and receiver made an even better catch.  I just don't think when we called timeout, Mullen huddled them up and said "Guys we're Gonna throw a td pass here."

Regardless, I got fkd on my bet but the right decision was to NOT kick the fg since we have jr. High kickers playing on an SEC team.  Play call was questionable, but "trying" to score I'm not sure I agree with.

Have a good one 
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15917
Location: South Carolina
#49
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:46:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by naesiy:

I guess I won the "argument".  Well, at least that's what I've been told about when people resort to name calling.  But thanks for proving my point about you always calling out when you get moosed, yet never admit to having one of your bad picks turn good because of a moose.

Clemson wasn't one of your "top plays".  You were very high on them regardless cause their offense is so amazing.  You were a homer on them vs GT this year just like last year.

You have to take the points huh?  And your argument is because it was 4th down, down 2 scores?  Let me ask you, what do you think is tougher, getting 12 yards on 1 pass play (it was 4th and 12 at the 17), or going 55 yards for a TD in less than 2 minutes after your opponent has only allowed you 200 TOTAL YARDS the whole game?  Let me ask you, do you think teams, after scoring a tying TD, should never go for 2 for the win.  Should they always kick the XP?

you just answered your own question. You cant move the ball right???? Right???? its 4th and 12... your down 2 scores with a chance at a CHIP shot FG. YES..... you take the points.

WHY??? Becuase if you dont convert a VERY VERY low percentage conversion the game is over.... BUT, if take the chip shot FG... You still have a chance. WHY? There is 2 minutes left and you have 2 timeouts.

Again..... this is why I called you a idiot.

WHY???


Because your a friggin idiot
quote
naesiy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
naesiy
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
Location:
#50
Posted: 10/14/2012 2:49:24 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

look arid.... I have said it over and over... Clemson could have taken a knee............They take a knee the game is over... yes. Was a bad beat if you had tech? Yes.

 BUT the only difference is..........the clemson game still had over a minute to go whereas the tenn game only had a few seconds

Both are bad beats...

You said it over and over?  I must have missed it. My bad.

You are the only person I know that would argue that call two runnings plays, up 9, with 1:30 left and your opponent has no timeouts is something you have to do...because there was over a minute left.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_at_the_Meadowlands

Really dude? 

quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 2 of 18 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.