Marc Lawrence's Playbook

Forum: College Football
Author: [College Football] Topic: Marc Lawrence's Playbook
bookieassassin PM bookieassassin
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 7130
Texas
 
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/7/2012 3:15:05 PM
Just got mine...very worthwhile investment at 10 bucks...all teams in alpha. order...season results plus ATS records for the last 10 years....also top info for NFL pre-season bettors (like me)

Lawrence is (probably) the top TECHNICAL handicapper around....
    **he is NOT...one of the BULLSHIT touts...but rather a topnotch handicapper that plays the numbers...as a stock market investor... (and most professional gamblers) do...

*SO MANY....seem confused by exactly how to > select...and then use ....information

Technical stuff...IMO...should seldom be used to MAKE a play...but rather to SUGGEST...or maybe call off
a play...specifically maybe a LEAN....meaning if you REALLY like a play...don't let a technical issue talk you out of it..

Example > from page 98-99....you see that NCSt HC O'Brien is 9-0 ATS with rest...17-6 off a loss
26-13 as a dog...and 25-14 in conf games
   *so 10/20 vs Maryland (off bye)...you automatically play on?...NO

BUT....if off a probable loss to Fla St (on 10/6)....and (could happen) as a dog to the Terps....what then?

to me it says...you look hard to play on...AND....you really avoid a play on Maryland...> if initially you leaned Terps...better just move on to next game

ML's top ATS teams....
Fla St...Ohio St...TTech...Troy...UCF
    *also   BGreen...CMich...Ga...Tenn...Wisc

Kevin O'Neill's conf winners...(sharp guy who only does football)

ACC
  FSU...VT
BE
  USF
B10
  Mich St...OSU (Wisky by default)
B12
  OU
CUSA
  UCF..Tulsa
MAC
  Ohio..NIll
MTW
   Boise
P12
  Oregon..USC
SEC
  Ga...LSU
Belt
  FIU
WAC
  LT

best way to use TRUSTED info....like here
is to view as tools in a toolbox...as you build a case...for/against a side
do EQUAL work on BOTH sides...from a >
   *MATCH-UP (fundamental) aspect....
   *SITUATIONAL
   *TECHNICAL      

best of luck boys....
UL-LAFAYETTEKID PM UL-LAFAYETTEKID
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1508
Louisiana
 
UL-LAFAYETTEKID
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/7/2012 8:01:26 PM
good stuff bookie  thanks for posting it...i all ways read your posts and info because it is very informative ...keep up the good work and i look forward to reading more of your posts especially for college  football this up coming season...that;s old broadway joe back in the day.....GL bookie......
cherokee10 PM cherokee10
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4536
Ohio
 
cherokee10
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/7/2012 8:05:17 PM

 bookie

Great info as always -

QBoption PM QBoption
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2675
United States
 
QBoption
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 3:34:08 AM

He pick the ducks as pac 12 camps?

Trojans baby...ya boy missed that one..

nc1capper PM nc1capper
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 16348
North Carolina
 
nc1capper
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 8:11:31 AM
Bookie, nice work Sir, per usual, you "on" Feds today?
bookieassassin PM bookieassassin
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 7130
Texas
 
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 2:59:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by nc1capper:

Bookie, nice work Sir, per usual, you "on" Feds today?


NO....but the Feds might be on ME......

no MLB today.....celebrating my Boxing/MMA victory's from last nite.....man you gotta get a 5Dimes account....on a big nite just pick out 2-3 winners and parlay....or pick ONE....leave rest of parlay OPEN....for whenever you want to use.......
bookieassassin PM bookieassassin
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 7130
Texas
 
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 3:56:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by QBoption:

He pick the ducks as pac 12 camps?

Trojans baby...ya boy missed that one..



was gonna start a new thread with this one....but let's do it here....

USC ready to line up and kick the nation's behind?

1st...how good were they REALLY last year?
   *agreed at end of last year their level of play...was as good as most anybody

BUT...why exactly were they very average .....as late as first part of October?

Does it really make sense....that they go from being a BAD team week 1.....to a GREAT team week 12 ??
    *Week 1 they almost lost at home to one of nation's worst teams

Then....
struggled with (at that time) a weak Utah team
week 4 they still stunk....losing at Ariz St by 21
week 6....they wake up at 7-6 Cal....with the help of 5 Cal TO's
nice win at 8-5 N Dame.....aided by 3 very costly Irish TO's
week 8 .....they lose at home to Tree
great bounceback win.................at 3-10 Colorado
with double revenge....beat 7-6 Wash
great win at Oregon...but Ducks off Stanford road...(and at Washington week before)
then beat the crap outta UCLA..............ok
     *note 3 HC's fired.....

NOW....they lose their best OL and DL guys.....and their great WR ....just got fitted for an ankle brace to wear for the 2012 season...
(because of inflammation created by BONE on BONE rubbing......YIKES)
their 2 TE's were too hurt to work in the spring...along with Farmer (needed the work)....and NO TACKLING
any other top team not tackle?....Kiffin said might continue in Fall

PAC 12's best DEFENSE?....the Oregon Ducks easy......

In PAC 12 play LY....
#1 in total D...#2 (barely) in rush D...#1 pass D....#1 in TFL...#1 in sacks...#2 on 3rd...#4 RZ

USC #3...#3...#3...#6...#4...#4...#7      
  
  *maybe a reach...but Duck D should be better....DC Aliotti says maybe his best yet (he's been at Oregon in 5 decades off and on for you trivia buffs)
     
Trojan O looks strong...but zero depth at WR and RB...

last year ...
#3 total O...#3 rush...#2 pass...#2 TFL..#1 sacks (allowed)...#3 on 3rd....#5 RZ

Ducks?...#1...#1...#5...#6...#3...#5...#2
     *anybody think their OFFENSE won't move the ball?...DT and especially LMJ won't be as easy to replace as some state ....

Trojans look tough yes....but I don't know if they make it out the PAC 12...only makes sense that depth issues cause problems late....
Would anyone take USC in a pick em game with Bama or LSU week 1?....not me
If they played Oregon earlier....OK.....but by Nov 3...Trojans should weaken...giving Duck QB's plenty of time to get ready....Gimme.... the Ducks   






bookieassassin PM bookieassassin
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 7130
Texas
 
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 3:57:36 PM
good to see ya Cherokee.....ULA Kid........
jdnmoney PM jdnmoney
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 9120
United States
 
jdnmoney
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 4:05:24 PM
i love the 5dimes open parlay...

very advantageous for the player when you can open parlay'
bookieassassin PM bookieassassin
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 7130
Texas
 
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 4:18:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jdnmoney:

i love the 5dimes open parlay...

very advantageous for the player when you can open parlay'


and I just recently figured this out.....cannot wait to do it for CFB and NFL...man you are maybe fired up for CFB more than anybody...and that's sayin' something....
best of luck......
thorpe PM thorpe
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 10548
 
thorpe
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 4:22:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jdnmoney:

i love the 5dimes open parlay...

very advantageous for the player when you can open parlay'

Can you explain why you like it?  I don't see a point in it, but maybe I am missing something.  


UL-LAFAYETTEKID PM UL-LAFAYETTEKID
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1508
Louisiana
 
UL-LAFAYETTEKID
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 4:26:22 PM
nice breakdown there of usc  bookie...i know i would not take the trojans in a pick-em game vs LSU or BAMA,,  in matter of fact i would need at least 10 points to even consider a small wager vs either SEC team...who will be at home for that nov 3 contest....because we all know how loud autuzm stadium can get....
jdnmoney PM jdnmoney
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 9120
United States
 
jdnmoney
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 6:43:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thorpe:


Can you explain why you like it?  I don't see a point in it, but maybe I am missing something.  




um...fairly self explanatory...


you can leave the parlay open, 
you can roll it over for weeks or months at a time. 
you can select the same team multiple weeks in a row
you can do this:
                select lets say a 4 team parlay, with ONE team playing at 11am kickoff
                once that team wins select another at the 230 kicks
                after you are 2 for 2 select a team for the 6 or 7pm kicks
                if and when you go 3/3 you can select a heavy ML fav to close things out or heavily buy points in an NFL o/u ( such as Jax vs Clev. over 16.5)


anyone who knows anything about parlays knows the open parlay is very advantageous compared to standard parlays, and they come with the same payout. 


when you can progressively fill in the slots of the parlay it allows for appropriate adjustments and creates an easier opportunity to hedge if need be. 


HIGHLY recommended. 


cannot wait for aug 30th to get here. 


GL Bookieassassan your astute knowledge is very appreciated and i look forward to 15 weeks of collaberation with you this year
UL-LAFAYETTEKID PM UL-LAFAYETTEKID
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1508
Louisiana
 
UL-LAFAYETTEKID
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 7:55:33 PM
thanks a lot  jdnmoney for explaning that...are there any other books that offer open parlays,,,i am not a big parlay player but i like this set  up...i have a account with heritage and gtbets the old VIP SPORTS .....GL this season JDM.......
nc1capper PM nc1capper
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 16348
North Carolina
 
nc1capper
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 9:19:49 PM
Salutes, will stop back by soon,,,easy win for Feds , Money Never Sleeps
jdnmoney PM jdnmoney
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 9120
United States
 
jdnmoney
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 9:47:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by UL-LAFAYETTEKID:

thanks a lot  jdnmoney for explaning that...are there any other books that offer open parlays,,,i am not a big parlay player but i like this set  up...i have a account with heritage and gtbets the old VIP SPORTS .....GL this season JDM.......


5dimes is very adaquate.

wouldnt look elsewhere
bookieassassin PM bookieassassin
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 7130
Texas
 
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 9:48:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thorpe:


Can you explain why you like it?  I don't see a point in it, but maybe I am missing something.  




slightly ashamed to admit........................

I'm kinda STILL.....a sucker for the ML parlay...
BUT.....it's tough usually to find 3-4 quality ML bets at the same time .....this is what I use the open parlay for usually.....and the best is often the 2H play......or in-game betting.......and I ain't risking $300-500 bucks to win $100

EXAMPLE ....

Let's say Week 1...Bama is down maybe 17-10 to Michigan at halftime....could happen
      *no shocker at all if Michigan comes up with a crazy scheme that takes Bama by surprise....early that is...DR breaks a few

the 2H line is maybe Bama -8' or so......which is (assuming no key injuries)....a good bet on it's own 

OR......what do you think the chances are that Bama continues to get their behind kicked?.....close to zero?

IF......Michigan got the lead thru Bama mistakes....or lucky/fluky plays....I will start a parlay for between $500-$1000....with that Bama 2H ML play (-400 or whatever).....leaving 3-4 spots open
       *if somehow Bama is down more...wager maybe increases.....if Michigan is actually moving the ball well (sustaining long drives)....maybe less

I usually have a few going at all times.....started doing it in CBB and boxing....occasionally also a little MMA mixed in with MLB.....as I usually make very few straight bets in anything but FB....> so bored to death .....but need action
      *boxing ML parlays are HIGHLY recommended.....as the guys that make $$$.....won't lose....especially if it
goes to a decision.....just decide if the heavy underdog
has KO power to end it early......>and no I though Pacquiao was too risky....

a few examples......admittedly amateurish.....but building up a nice bankroll..........and killing time.........

small.....

6/26/12 8:05pm  MLB Baseball  924 Texas Rangers -182* vs Detroit Tigers  (D Smyly - L must Start   Y Darvish - R must Start)
 Win    6/27/12 2:45pm  International Soccer  104 Spain advances -230* vs Portugal advances

larger.....
4 Team Parlay
Win    5/5/12 11:00pm  Boxing Fighting  102 Floyd Mayweather Jr -800* vs Miguel Angel Cotto
Win    5/18/12 10:00pm  Boxing Fighting  101 Karim Mayfield -230* vs Raymond Serrano
Win    5/26/12 8:05pm  NBA Basketball  550 Boston Celtics -260* vs Philadelphia 76ers
Win    6/2/12 8:30pm  NBA Basketball  713 San Antonio Spurs 2nd Half +1½ -225* vs Oklahoma City Thunder 

silly......

4/21/12 11:59pm  UFC Fighting  1002 Jon Jones -500* vs Rashad Evans
Win    4/21/12 11:59pm  UFC Fighting  1102 Rory MacDonald -700* vs Che Mills
Win    4/28/12 9:30pm  Boxing Fighting  702 Chad Dawson -420* vs Bernard Hopkins
Win    4/28/12 10:30pm  Boxing Fighting  952 Seth Mitchell -1000* vs Chazz Witherspoon
Win    4/30/12 7:35pm  NBA Basketball  886 Indiana Pacers (Series) -390* vs Orlando Magic (Series)
Win    4/30/12 9:35pm  NBA Basketball  888 Oklahoma City Thunder (Series) -700* vs Dallas Mavericks (Series)
Win    5/5/12 11:00pm  Boxing Fighting  102 Floyd Mayweather Jr -800* vs Miguel Angel Cotto
Win    6/16/12 11:00pm  Boxing Fighting  802 Julio Cesar Chavez Jr -395* vs Andy Lee
Win    5/8/12 10:35pm  NBA Basketball  722 Los Angeles Lakers 2nd Half -350* vs Denver Nuggets
Win    5/19/12 9:00pm  Boxing Fighting  802 Odlanier Solis Fontes -1370* vs Airich Konstantin 

note chickenshit -1370 bet on final leg........








RetainLane PM RetainLane
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1106
 
RetainLane
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 10:39:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bookieassassin:



was gonna start a new thread with this one....but let's do it here....

USC ready to line up and kick the nation's behind?

1st...how good were they REALLY last year?
   *agreed at end of last year their level of play...was as good as most anybody

BUT...why exactly were they very average .....as late as first part of October?

Does it really make sense....that they go from being a BAD team week 1.....to a GREAT team week 12 ??
    *Week 1 they almost lost at home to one of nation's worst teams

Then....
struggled with (at that time) a weak Utah team
week 4 they still stunk....losing at Ariz St by 21
week 6....they wake up at 7-6 Cal....with the help of 5 Cal TO's
nice win at 8-5 N Dame.....aided by 3 very costly Irish TO's
week 8 .....they lose at home to Tree
great bounceback win.................at 3-10 Colorado
with double revenge....beat 7-6 Wash
great win at Oregon...but Ducks off Stanford road...(and at Washington week before)
then beat the crap outta UCLA..............ok
     *note 3 HC's fired.....

NOW....they lose their best OL and DL guys.....and their great WR ....just got fitted for an ankle brace to wear for the 2012 season...
(because of inflammation created by BONE on BONE rubbing......YIKES)
their 2 TE's were too hurt to work in the spring...along with Farmer (needed the work)....and NO TACKLING
any other top team not tackle?....Kiffin said might continue in Fall

PAC 12's best DEFENSE?....the Oregon Ducks easy......

In PAC 12 play LY....
#1 in total D...#2 (barely) in rush D...#1 pass D....#1 in TFL...#1 in sacks...#2 on 3rd...#4 RZ

USC #3...#3...#3...#6...#4...#4...#7      
  
  *maybe a reach...but Duck D should be better....DC Aliotti says maybe his best yet (he's been at Oregon in 5 decades off and on for you trivia buffs)
     
Trojan O looks strong...but zero depth at WR and RB...

last year ...
#3 total O...#3 rush...#2 pass...#2 TFL..#1 sacks (allowed)...#3 on 3rd....#5 RZ

Ducks?...#1...#1...#5...#6...#3...#5...#2
     *anybody think their OFFENSE won't move the ball?...DT and especially LMJ won't be as easy to replace as some state ....

Trojans look tough yes....but I don't know if they make it out the PAC 12...only makes sense that depth issues cause problems late....
Would anyone take USC in a pick em game with Bama or LSU week 1?....not me
If they played Oregon earlier....OK.....but by Nov 3...Trojans should weaken...giving Duck QB's plenty of time to get ready....Gimme.... the Ducks   







This deserves its own thread.  Would generate more discussion that way.  
bookieassassin PM bookieassassin
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 7130
Texas
 
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/8/2012 10:44:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by RetainLane:


This deserves its own thread.  Would generate more discussion that way.  


damn RL just start it here..........
onTHEfritz PM onTHEfritz
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 959
Ohio
 
onTHEfritz
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/9/2012 12:50:42 AM
bookie 

Did you get the playbook from a store? I'm probably going to order it online, but it says it doesn't come out until the 15th
bookieassassin PM bookieassassin
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 7130
Texas
 
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/9/2012 1:34:27 AM
Barnes and Noble
    *usually gotta dig some...since obviously gambling related....you usually won't find it front and center...which is one reason Steele took out some ATS stuff and went more mainstream 
onTHEfritz PM onTHEfritz
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 959
Ohio
 
onTHEfritz
Participation Meter
Posted: 7/9/2012 11:18:55 AM
Thanks bookie, I might just stop by a B&N later this week and see if they have it...seems like it would be half the price if I picked it up there, compared to online w/ shipping. Thanks 
Forum: College Football
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.