STL +40000 to win NL

Forum: MLB Betting Page 4 of 20 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
Author: [MLB Betting] Topic: STL +40000 to win NL
AussieCapper PM AussieCapper
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1096
Australia
 
AussieCapper
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 12:23:46 AM
great great stuff man 
PapaShango PM PapaShango
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 22367
 
PapaShango
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 12:24:56 AM
troy9828 PM troy9828
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3366
Virgin Islands
 
troy9828
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 12:33:58 AM
Where r those dumbasses early in the thread who dismiss anything that isnt favored of winning?
Posted using a mobile device.
StevieY PM StevieY
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 625
Nevada
 
StevieY
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 12:35:29 AM
Id hedge the garbage out of it and just enjoy the 10k or whatever it comes to sweat free, awesomely played sir.
hambone87 PM hambone87
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1452
 
hambone87
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 12:38:12 AM
Best thread on covers in a long time.
bigmoneyny15 PM bigmoneyny15
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 324
 
bigmoneyny15
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 12:43:52 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

They just beat Halladay less than 2 weeks ago......

lol Train caps the cards better then anyone i know lately. sick future bet, i see you making plenty money this postseason Idothis (Hopin ur name may be a big sean reference) haha congrats again nd supp train
vegasman00 PM vegasman00
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 59
 
vegasman00
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 12:54:05 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

They just beat Halladay less than 2 weeks ago......


they beat halladay after the phillies had already clinched the playoffs, the division and homefield advantage, the phillies went on to lose 8 games in a row in that stretch. are you for real? those games meant everything to the cardinals and nothing to the phillies.  the phillies will be about a -350 fav at least
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43445
Missouri
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 1:05:22 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vegasman00:


they beat halladay after the phillies had already clinched the playoffs, the division and homefield advantage, the phillies went on to lose 8 games in a row in that stretch. are you for real? those games meant everything to the cardinals and nothing to the phillies.  the phillies will be about a -350 fav at least


I sure hope so.
dytide PM dytide
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3213
California
 
dytide
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 2:15:40 AM
good for you my brother


totalguy PM totalguy
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7662
United States
 
totalguy
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 8:51:11 AM
Congrats man!  Great pick.  Those that are dismissing this as a loss based on the fact that they play the Phillies next are clearly missing the big picture. 


Iw1nBets PM Iw1nBets
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 58483
Cocos Keeling
              Islands
 
Iw1nBets
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 9:33:11 AM
jerseykingpin PM jerseykingpin
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2033
New Jersey
 
jerseykingpin
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 9:46:22 AM
earthWake PM earthWake
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 6172
United States
 
earthWake
Participation Meter
Posted: 9/29/2011 12:30:31 PM

good garbage

HEDGE

rangerz2478 PM rangerz2478
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 17822
New Jersey
 
rangerz2478
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/1/2011 3:13:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by StevieY:

Id hedge the garbage out of it and just enjoy the 10k or whatever it comes to sweat free, awesomely played sir.

For him to get 10K out of his bet at the moment, they would need to be even money to win the NL. 

And well...

It's not. The bet is worth just over 2k at the moment. Hell of a return on a $50 bet if he chose to go that route. 
I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/1/2011 7:46:08 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Sparky10191:

I'll take it. Then I'll donate it to charity.

GL OP

rod_steel PM rod_steel
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 96245
United States
 
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/1/2011 8:20:32 AM
lordzud PM lordzud
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2002
Vatican City
 
lordzud
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/1/2011 9:35:07 AM
Don't hedge anything, isn't this the same team that won a world series a few years back with an even record? Hell I'm going to root for the cards now just to follow this thread. Go nice guy who promises to donate his winnings to charity. 
Denverb PM Denverb
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5150
Antarctica
 
Denverb
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/1/2011 10:17:56 AM
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43445
Missouri
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/1/2011 10:38:59 AM
no need to hedge until they face an elimination game
BigSquirrel_7 PM BigSquirrel_7
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 292
 
BigSquirrel_7
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/1/2011 11:00:11 AM
Lohse beat Phillies September 19th @ PHILADELPHIA.

Halladay tends to sweat a lot under pressure and it's definitely on him today.

First series going 5 games betters the odds for dogs...

The Cards give the Brewers fits...

I'm cheering for U brother !!!
rangerz2478 PM rangerz2478
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 17822
New Jersey
 
rangerz2478
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/1/2011 11:41:20 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

no need to hedge until they face an elimination game

Not saying he should/shouldn't hedge but this isn't exactly sound advice Train. What if they are down 2-0 heading into game 3? You want him to hedge game by game (which pretty much equals betting the Phillies series in the -1500 range)

You are supposed to hedge when in a good position, not a bad one. 
Idothis PM Idothis
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 252
 
Idothis
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/1/2011 12:15:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rangerz2478:


Not saying he should/shouldn't hedge but this isn't exactly sound advice Train. What if they are down 2-0 heading into game 3? You want him to hedge game by game (which pretty much equals betting the Phillies series in the -1500 range)

You are supposed to hedge when in a good position, not a bad one. 

Not necessarily. If that scenario happens the series shifts to STL and the aces arent on the mount. So philly should be a small-med favorite, I say around -120 to -140? I already put 3000 to win 1k on Phi to win the series but I just may follow up if STL falls into an elimination game as well.
Malamadre PM Malamadre
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 404
 
Malamadre
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/5/2011 8:49:59 PM
I think you have to hedge game 5
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43445
Missouri
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Posted: 10/5/2011 9:05:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Idothis:


Not necessarily. If that scenario happens the series shifts to STL and the aces arent on the mount. So philly should be a small-med favorite, I say around -120 to -140? I already put 3000 to win 1k on Phi to win the series but I just may follow up if STL falls into an elimination game as well.

I would have waited personally. What was the series price when it was tied at 1-1 headed back to St Louis?

jackni PM jackni
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 635
 
jackni
Participation Meter
quote#100
Posted: 10/5/2011 9:34:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

I would have waited personally. What was the series price when it was tied at 1-1 headed back to St Louis?



I had -190 for the Phillies when it was 1-1 heading back to St. Louis
Forum: MLB Betting Page 4 of 20 «  2 3 4 5 6   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.