Messages

Forum Index : Covers NBA Betting : Messages Page 2 of 10 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: It turns out the Spurs are pretty tough coming off a loss, too
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43337
Location: Nevada
#26
Posted: 6/11/2013 3:39:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Theone324:

Completely irrelevant to the thread but what are your thoughts if any on the Rays tonight.  They have caught my eye as a best bet tonight on the diamond.  Thanks 




I'm biased because I love to bet against the Red Sox when they're road favorites, so I like your bet tonight.  Jon Lester has been rolling up the pitch counts, but he's had 5 days rest prior to each of his last two starts.  Tonight he's going on just 4 days rest.  I'd be willing to trust Roberto Hernandez to give the Rays his usual 6 quality innings at home.  One concern is that while the Rays began the season going 4-0 at home off a loss, they've since gone 2-5 in this spot.  On the bright side, they've yet to lose 3 in a row at home.  They've been threatened twice and responded with a 10-4 win over the Blue Jays and an 8-3 win over the Yankees. 
quote
Theone324 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Theone324
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17827
Location: New York
#27
Posted: 6/11/2013 3:43:37 PM
Thanks 
quote
theclaw
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
theclaw
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2563
Location:
#28
Posted: 6/11/2013 3:46:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MrBator:





They beat the Bulls by 10 and the Pacers by 18.  In the 3 playoff runs they've had together, the Big Three are 5-1 SU & ATS when tied 1-1 in a series.  The one loss was that 94-75 egg they laid last year at Indiana.

I meant this years playoffs.

Anytime a team challenged the Heat trying to take the series lead after game1, any team can have 1 bad game but the better, stronger teams will have at least 2 strong games in the 1st 3.

The Heat responded with a double digit win each time. winning by 37, 10, 18 11 and 23 pts.

5 wins by double digits with a 19.8 ave per game...............................good luck fading the Heat tonight.....................................

quote
theclaw
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
theclaw
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2563
Location:
#29
Posted: 6/11/2013 3:47:23 PM
Opps, I forgot game 2's 19 pt win over the Surs.............................
quote
theclaw
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
theclaw
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2563
Location:
#30
Posted: 6/11/2013 3:48:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DickyR:


This is the kind of information desperately needed on a sports gambling forum. I can't remember the last time you took the time to make a post so detailed. I was already on the Spurs ML before reading your info. It's clearly the ONLY play tonight and a sprinkle on the 1st H too. I got a feeling this game could be a Tip to buzzer win for SA. Miami was very lucky last game. Spurs hung tight for 33 minutes. If the Heat bench does not produce tonight Heat have little chance. Bosh is just in a funk and we see Wade is just off. I also have to question how many deferred shots we saw with Lebron in game 2. SA has one of the very best home courts and home crowds. Best of luck tonight 2 us MrB. I think we will both be toasting come midnight.  
quote
theclaw
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
theclaw
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2563
Location:
#31
Posted: 6/11/2013 3:56:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DickyR:


This is the kind of information desperately needed on a sports gambling forum. I can't remember the last time you took the time to make a post so detailed. I was already on the Spurs ML before reading your info. It's clearly the ONLY play tonight and a sprinkle on the 1st H too. I got a feeling this game could be a Tip to buzzer win for SA. Miami was very lucky last game. Spurs hung tight for 33 minutes. If the Heat bench does not produce tonight Heat have little chance. Bosh is just in a funk and we see Wade is just off. I also have to question how many deferred shots we saw with Lebron in game 2. SA has one of the very best home courts and home crowds. Best of luck tonight 2 us MrB. I think we will both be toasting come midnight.  

How do you figure Miami's the one who got lucky ?

The Spurs have won 1 of 8 quarters, that being the 4th when the Heat players claimed to be fatigued from the 7 game Pacer series, when there is some history that supports teams losing game 1 off 7 game series.

The Heat own the most effiecent offense of any team to make the finals since 1974 when the league started tracking TO'S to detrmine that.

What the Heat did to the Spurs was hardly luck, it was done by the most effiecent offense possibly the league has ever seen in the finals, just the facts boys...................................................

Good luck if you have plans to fade the Heat in game 3.............................................

quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43337
Location: Nevada
#32
Posted: 6/11/2013 3:58:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by theclaw:

good luck fading the Heat tonight.....................................






Thank you, the claw.      
quote
DickyR send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DickyR
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 3108
Location:
#33
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:07:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by theclaw:

How do you figure Miami's the one who got lucky ?

The Spurs have won 1 of 8 quarters, that being the 4th when the Heat players claimed to be fatigued from the 7 game Pacer series, when there is some history that supports teams losing game 1 off 7 game series.

The Heat own the most effiecent offense of any team to make the finals since 1974 when the league started tracking TO'S to detrmine that.

What the Heat did to the Spurs was hardly luck, it was done by the most effiecent offense possibly the league has ever seen in the finals, just the facts boys...................................................

Good luck if you have plans to fade the Heat in game 3.............................................


TheClaw without cluttering MrB's thread I will make this short and sweet. I live in Miami. This is MY TEAM. I know this team inside out. I also know how VEGAS/OFFSHORE's work. I know how Mr David J Stern works too. I take into account many factors when deciding plays in the playoffs and finals. One thing I can tell you is while Lebron is at the top of his game not one other Heat player is besides Birdman. This is a Spurs team that is a BETTER TEAM. It's just doesn't have the best player in the NBA. Tonight the public will see just how good this SPURS TEAM is specially @ home. 
Like he said good luck taking Miami tonight.
quote
drozanski send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drozanski
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 556
Location: United States
#34
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:10:35 PM
Great post and info MrBator!

GL tonight.  I now have more doubts than ever about the MIA's chances tonight.

Im playing SAS 1h and teaser MIA+6/over 183
quote
tjohnsont send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
tjohnsont
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4060
Location:
#35
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:12:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by milky24:

IMO Spurs has to take Chalmers as another mission. This guy, we have to admit, has been second best next to Lebron this Playoffs. I can live with Wade and Bosh , they're on and off, but if you take Chalmers out of the game , Lebron might not have another player next to him that can make himself a shot. In addition, I think that SOME adjustments has to be made regarding the Heat's 3 point shooting.
Yes, Allen and Miller haven't been consistent, but you have to take them seriously unless you wanna start chasing the Heat again. Lebron penetrates and then looking for the outside shooters.

 Spurs can't let that happen. Lebron has to be guarded as he has been, that we all know. I believe in Pop that he'll know how to take the heat out of the Heat's flow. 

Only thing I don't get, is why people said the last game that Miami will win because they have to, and now no one says this about the Spurs? Yes, it's not the same situation, but as we all got to know Pop the last 15 years, he will be the most prepared person on the court. I have Spurs -2 too.

Interesting, you are basically saying everyone is a scoring threat and needs to be guarded.   You do realize Wade and Bosh can easily score if left open also.

quote
drozanski send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drozanski
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 556
Location: United States
#36
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:22:39 PM
lol. i just read your post calling me a b*tch and saying i need a tissue because im crying.

please refrain from name calling. very childish and immature, especially when you were wrong about the game.

In reality, I was smiling after your dismissive, i know better than you, attitude prior to game 2.  you really thought the spurs would be up 2-0 heading home didn't you? 
quote
LineKiller28 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LineKiller28
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2753
Location: California
#37
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:26:42 PM
Good Luck Bator...you laid out a hell of argument....no play for me (perhaps some light live action)

I find out incredulous to think anyone would bet that Parker,Duncan, Manu, and Kawhi will shoot 14-45 again...
quote
Dgretzky69 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Dgretzky69
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1578
Location: Virginia
#38
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:32:36 PM
The Great Bator, always dropping the knowledge. Respect.
quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43337
Location: Nevada
#39
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:36:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by drozanski:

lol. i just read your post calling me a b*tch and saying i need a tissue because im crying.

please refrain from name calling. very childish and immature, especially when you were wrong about the game.

In reality, I was smiling after your dismissive, i know better than you, attitude prior to game 2.  you really thought the spurs would be up 2-0 heading home didn't you? 




I apologize for the name calling.



More than truly believing the Spurs would win Game 2 and go up 2-0, I was more fearful that it would happen because I'd convinced myself that I'd made a terrible mistake in firing so much on the Heat -200 and -210 for the series.  I actually postponed a trip to Boston last Thursday morning to see my family just for the purpose of being able to stay in Vegas and place those bets.  So after watching the Heat get punked down in crunch time last Thursday (and I know this is gonna sound crazy), I was fearful that the Evil Lord Gamblore was punishing me for having my priorities out of whack by choosing gambling over my family visit, and thus he intended to award the NBA title to the Spurs because of this, lol.

Despite the Heat's 2nd half rout on Sunday, I still wish I hadn't gotten mixed up with them.  I hate this team passionately.  I hated them long before LeBron ditched his home state to sell out to them.  I think my hatred for the Heat was born when Shaq got traded there in 2004 and the result was the Heat (led by Dwhistle) stealing a championship from the Mavericks in 2006 thanks to the refs cheating shamelessly in their favor.  When LeBron hatched his plan to "join forces", I was sickened, knowing that the reviled DWade was going to collect at least a couple more rings because of this.

Now I'm stuck rooting for a team I never wish to see succeed, but I'm not rooting for them.  I bet $29,950 on them to win this series and I still want to see them lose.  Now THAT'S hate!.
quote
Quantum_Leap send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Quantum_Leap
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 14521
Location: New York
#40
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:37:01 PM

They have a great record looking at just about every angle. I think it is even more significant given the West conf is up and down much tougher to get through.

Spurs win handily tonight. I am intrigued what happens with Miami off a loss after tonight's game in a second road game.

quote
drozanski send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drozanski
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 556
Location: United States
#41
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:50:39 PM
Great back-story MrBator. 

I hope we can be friends moving forward. It was immature of me to start a thread calling you out after Game 2, and I'm sorry about that.

If SAS lose tonight, you might get a chance to right your wrong (if it was a wrong).  The series price for SAS will probably be around +200 if they are down 2-1.

I too despise MIA, but do my best to keep it from clouding my judgement. They are the Yankees of basketball. 
quote
tjohnsont send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
tjohnsont
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4060
Location:
#42
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:51:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MrBator:





I apologize for the name calling.



More than truly believing the Spurs would win Game 2 and go up 2-0, I was more fearful that it would happen because I'd convinced myself that I'd made a terrible mistake in firing so much on the Heat -200 and -210 for the series.  I actually postponed a trip to Boston last Thursday morning to see my family just for the purpose of being able to stay in Vegas and place those bets.  So after watching the Heat get punked down in crunch time last Thursday (and I know this is gonna sound crazy), I was fearful that the Evil Lord Gamblore was punishing me for having my priorities out of whack by choosing gambling over my family visit, and thus he intended to award the NBA title to the Spurs because of this, lol.

Despite the Heat's 2nd half rout on Sunday, I still wish I hadn't gotten mixed up with them.  I hate this team passionately.  I hated them long before LeBron ditched his home state to sell out to them.  I think my hatred for the Heat was born when Shaq got traded there in 2004 and the result was the Heat (led by Dwhistle) stealing a championship from the Mavericks in 2006 thanks to the refs cheating shamelessly in their favor.  When LeBron hatched his plan to "join forces", I was sickened, knowing that the reviled DWade was going to collect at least a couple more rings because of this.

Now I'm stuck rooting for a team I never wish to see succeed, but I'm not rooting for them.  I bet $29,950 on them to win this series and I still want to see them lose.  Now THAT'S hate!.

Wow, that makes almost no sense.   Either way you will win your Spurs bets or your Miami series and look like a winner.  

quote
HiHoldem send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
HiHoldem
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2711
Location: Texas
#43
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:53:03 PM

Da Spurs....large play I assume?

(Indians and Royals?)

Thks for posting

gl

quote
ult1ma
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ult1ma
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4529
Location: New York
#44
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:53:17 PM
bator why not throw a few dimes on spurs +155 if you think your Heat series bet is dead in the water?
quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43337
Location: Nevada
#45
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:57:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by drozanski:

Great back-story MrBator. 

I hope we can be friends moving forward. It was immature of me to start a thread calling you out after Game 2, and I'm sorry about that.

If SAS lose tonight, you might get a chance to right your wrong (if it was a wrong).  The series price for SAS will probably be around +200 if they are down 2-1.






Well, if the Heat win tonight, I'll feel like I have a winner with my series bet and won't look to ditch the Heat -200 with the Spurs +200.  Given that the Game 3 winner of the 2-3-2 format nearly always wins the title, tonight's outcome means everything.  And if the Spurs fail to win in a specific situation in which they've gone 20-for-20 this year, then I'll consider them all but done.




      to drozanski, my new bud
quote
iBETnWIN
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
iBETnWIN
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2088
Location: United States
#46
Posted: 6/11/2013 4:59:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MrBator:


So excluding the last month of the regular season, that's 5 wins by a combined 90 points for the Spurs as a rested team following a double-digit loss.


Oh, you found the "Start New Topic" option? Ha, rarity.
Good sh!t ...

Insane situational numbers and records. Kudos on the research, Bates. First half info seems solid too, but the Pacers presented a similar schematic going home after a loss and it didn't present as history would have predicted. A 2H play might be in order however.

Best of luck! Hope you hit, brother...


quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43337
Location: Nevada
#47
Posted: 6/11/2013 5:00:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ult1ma:

bator why not throw a few dimes on spurs +155 if you think your Heat series bet is dead in the water?




I would do that if I could get a better price than Pinnacle is currently offering.  As far as I know, no one has a better price right now than Pinnacle's +157.  I don't think the Heat are dead in the water, and even if they lose tonight, I still won't count them out.
quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43337
Location: Nevada
#48
Posted: 6/11/2013 5:04:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by iBETnWIN:




Insane situational numbers and records. Kudos on the research, Bates. First half info seems solid too, but the Pacers presented a similar schematic going home after a loss and it didn't present as history would have predicted.






You mean for the 1st halves?
quote
MrBator send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
MrBator
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 43337
Location: Nevada
#49
Posted: 6/11/2013 5:07:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HiHoldem:

Da Spurs....large play I assume?

(Indians and Royals?)

Thks for posting

gl







I haven't placed any bets yet, but, yes, I intend to go large on the Spurs and I will definitely ride the Royals again.  Other sides I'm liking in baseball as of right now are the Rays over the Red Sox, Flubs over the Reds, Indians over the Rangers, and Braves over the Padres.



HiHoldem, sorry for burying you (and me) on the Spurs moneyline on Sunday. 
quote
iBETnWIN
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
iBETnWIN
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2088
Location: United States
#50
Posted: 6/11/2013 5:12:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by iBETnWIN:


Insane situational numbers and records. Kudos on the research, Bates. First half info seems solid too, but the Pacers presented a similar schematic going home after a loss and it didn't present as history would have predicted. A 2H play might be in order however.


[Quote: Originally Posted by MrBator]
You mean for 1st halves?


Yeah...1st Halves.
quote
Forum Index : Covers NBA Betting : Messages Page 2 of 10 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.