Atlanta lost the SB on 3rd and 23 at the +35 with 3:50 left in game.

Forum: NFL Betting Page 3 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: Atlanta lost the SB on 3rd and 23 at the +35 with 3:50 left in game.
HeadOverHeart PM HeadOverHeart
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 21438
 
HeadOverHeart
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 2/5/2017 11:58:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vanzack:

I always find it incredible that thousands of hours of preparation go in to 5 critical minutes of decisions that cost you the whole thing.

And it will all start again soon as everyone starts looking forward to next season.  Players, Xs and Os, millions of dollars, almost a year of prep, a bunch of practices and games - and it all comes down to a few key decisions.

I find that concept incredible.


Life in a nutshell.  All comes down to prime moments.
papamo PM papamo
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 18
 
papamo
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 2/5/2017 11:58:30 PM
And the 49ers got that genius play caller and game manager to deal with next year.
wiggins PM wiggins
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 8399
 
wiggins
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/5/2017 11:59:23 PM
lynch should have run

falcons should have run

makes you think its more than a coincidence

patriots make your overthink.

even the accusations of them cheating, stealing playobooks etc. it makes the opposition paranoid.
roastedpeanuts PM roastedpeanuts
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 533
 
roastedpeanuts
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:01:38 AM
Both players grabbed face mask on the Sanu play, watch the replay, Sanu grabs defenders face mask as well.  http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/5/14518320/super-bowl-2017-penalty-atlanta-falcons-facemask-new-england-patriots
Skipster PM Skipster
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5782
 
Skipster
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:02:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:



A massive hole in an otherwise stellar defense.  I was expecting Atlanta to pump and dump to Freeman and Coleman all night long.  And after that huge dump to Freeman for 39 yards, you'd have to assume they'd keep doing it.  Nope.

Mind-boggling coaching.


the worst. ever.
RichardKeef PM RichardKeef
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 5
 
RichardKeef
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:04:24 AM
but atlanta did win the popular vote!
HeadOverHeart PM HeadOverHeart
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 21438
 
HeadOverHeart
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:07:03 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glyde69:

How many times when the game was 28-3, 28-9, 28-12, and 28-20 did you see Atlanta guys casually run out of bounds instead of going down and taking off the 20 or 40(under 6 min) seconds? 

Play calling horrid. 

A couple smarter plays or bounces go their way and it's a flat out blowout. 


Atlanta was snapping the ball with 20 seconds still left on the play clock in the 4th Quarter.  I couldn't believe that!  WTF was Matt Ryan doing?!!!  Three or four offensive plays of draining the play clock and New England scoring with :57 seconds left isn't happening because there is no time.
vinnyherbert PM vinnyherbert
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 976
 
vinnyherbert
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:07:49 AM
Yeah   rigged. Good luck with that. The only thing that could ruin the demand for the sport is something like that getting out. If scripted it would leak out eventually. Absurd concept really. These guys risk their lives and bodies. there aren't any scripts and if there were they would be impossible to execute. Real mental midgets who even think it could happen in the NFL.  I suppose the Cowboy game was scripted too. Ha ha. That throw by Rodgers and those kicks by Crosby were part of the script? Its laughable the losers that even joke about it. So absurd.
Alien-1 PM Alien-1
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4078
 
Alien-1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:10:31 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by davemsh:

LOL..Patriots were just destined to win it.   How did the Falcons get out inside their own 10 to the Patriots 25 under 5 minutes in the 4th?  They threw the ball.  Sure you can 2nd guess the call but they were going for the dagger.  The play calling was not the issue. 

Sure....you throw it to get yourself out of your own end and down to the opposition 25, BUT once there you don't continue to throw. NO WAY...,,,absolutely. NO WAY !!!!!!! atrocious play calling, appalling really. Stupidity at its absolute finest !!!!!!
mashup PM mashup
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 816
 
mashup
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:13:59 AM
How does Quinn look Julio in the face. Your MVP and the best wide out just made one of the top plays in sb history. That's it game over. You take over as coach and do your job. Three runs and a field goal....game is done. No stepping on the gas and going for the dagger b.s. You have to understand the situation....just boggles my mind how these guys make millions and can't get it right when it's so simple....
Posted using a mobile device.
Alien-1 PM Alien-1
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4078
 
Alien-1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:17:26 AM
Stop it with the "rigged" talk.....Atlanta just blew it. Was the Edelman catch part of the rigged script? If you think the NFL is rigged you're a complete idiot who I'm sure suffers from paranoia as well. 
Sixtyplusplease PM Sixtyplusplease
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 186
 
Sixtyplusplease
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:17:44 AM
Kyle and Matty Ice suck
Alien-1 PM Alien-1
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4078
 
Alien-1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:18:42 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mashup:

How does Quinn look Julio in the face. Your MVP and the best wide out just made one of the top plays in sb history. That's it game over. You take over as coach and do your job. Three runs and a field goal....game is done. No stepping on the gas and going for the dagger b.s. You have to understand the situation....just boggles my mind how these guys make millions and can't get it right when it's so simple....



Exactly 
VTHokies1888 PM VTHokies1888
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1173
 
VTHokies1888
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:19:38 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Aceholes:

ask the OC

it was like mcdaniels from FH went over to the falcons bench at HT


has to be the worst offensive play calling anyone has seen

EX redskins finest. Hope you were on the other side. terrible coaching = terrible play calling= terrible time management=LOSS
glyde69 PM glyde69
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 6970
 
glyde69
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:22:34 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:



Atlanta was snapping the ball with 20 seconds still left on the play clock in the 4th Quarter.  I couldn't believe that!  WTF was Matt Ryan doing?!!!  Three or four offensive plays of draining the play clock and New England scoring with :57 seconds left isn't happening because there is no time.

Absolutely! What was he thinking? 

VanZack said it perfectly. Thousands and thousands of hours of preparing and practice over a 7-8 month season, and the difference between blowing out a team and popping champagne and being on the losing side of the biggest comeback in SB history is about a 15 minute block of a meltdown by your coaching staff and star QB. 

Horrible way to end my season.  Took the piss out of a fantastic all around season. 
Toothfairy1 PM Toothfairy1
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 304
 
Toothfairy1
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:43:03 AM
COACH BLEW THE GAME! Dumbest call EVER! Trust your MVP QB? Run the ball! Kick the fg and it's over! That simple!
Had the pats btw but how fn dumb!!
Posted using a mobile device.
sunster19 PM sunster19
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 392
 
sunster19
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:48:32 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:



Atlanta was snapping the ball with 20 seconds still left on the play clock in the 4th Quarter.  I couldn't believe that!  WTF was Matt Ryan doing?!!!  Three or four offensive plays of draining the play clock and New England scoring with :57 seconds left isn't happening because there is no time.

i said the exact same thing when it happened. why the fk are you leaving 20 seconds on the play clock with 5 min to go and up 8. it just boggles the mind when arm chair fans know more then million dollar coaches. There is a reason you were a 99 percent chance to win that game and lost. Just horrible play calling
ActionMagnet PM ActionMagnet
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1619
 
ActionMagnet
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:52:55 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glyde69:


Absolutely! What was he thinking? 

VanZack said it perfectly. Thousands and thousands of hours of preparing and practice over a 7-8 month season, and the difference between blowing out a team and popping champagne and being on the losing side of the biggest comeback in SB history is about a 15 minute block of a meltdown by your coaching staff and star QB. 

Horrible way to end my season.  Took the piss out of a fantastic all around season. 

Teams just love handing Bill the SB trophy.. What else can you say? It's disgusting. I lost my behind on a game where ATL should've blown those guys out. I couldn't even cover the 3 points.  I'm in a lot of mental pain and agony guys, I seriously can't stop my heart from the adrenaline and pain of this loss. Quinn should resign. 

Ohhh and did you notice how the Pats had the green light to do anything and everything in that 4th qtr without repercussion? Blatantly holding in trenches and on field. Shoot me
Michfan15 PM Michfan15
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 11127
 
Michfan15
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 2/6/2017 1:13:42 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Cavs2017Champs:

Atlanta lost the SB before it even started cuz it was scripted for them to lose... Before the game even started, Brady was all happy but Ryan looked "nervous"... Brady knew NE was winning and Ryan knew Atlanta was going to lose.. You dont just blow a 25 point lead just like that, just like the Warriors blowing a 3 - 1 lead yet dominating the first 3 out of 4 games.. 

where do these scripted/fixed idiots keep coming from.  Just stop gambling dude.
Kaufee PM Kaufee
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2747
 
Kaufee
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/6/2017 1:22:18 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vinnyherbert:

Yeah   rigged. Good luck with that. The only thing that could ruin the demand for the sport is something like that getting out. If scripted it would leak out eventually. Absurd concept really. These guys risk their lives and bodies. there aren't any scripts and if there were they would be impossible to execute. Real mental midgets who even think it could happen in the NFL.  I suppose the Cowboy game was scripted too. Ha ha. That throw by Rodgers and those kicks by Crosby were part of the script? Its laughable the losers that even joke about it. So absurd.


You're one of the sheep.
Posted using a mobile device.
begginerboy PM begginerboy
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 6376
 
begginerboy
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/6/2017 1:23:20 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ActionMagnet:


Teams just love handing Bill the SB trophy.. What else can you say? It's disgusting. I lost my behind on a game where ATL should've blown those guys out. I couldn't even cover the 3 points.  I'm in a lot of mental pain and agony guys, I seriously can't stop my heart from the adrenaline and pain of this loss. Quinn should resign. 

Ohhh and did you notice how the Pats had the green light to do anything and everything in that 4th qtr without repercussion? Blatantly holding in trenches and on field. Shoot me

Sorry about your loss, buddy. I've been there. Terrible feeling. Ten things had to go wrong for you and they all did. But ten things had to go wrong for NE in that first half to be in that hole. It was just a wild, wild game. Never seen anything like it.
HeadOverHeart PM HeadOverHeart
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 21438
 
HeadOverHeart
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 2/6/2017 1:26:34 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ActionMagnet:


Teams just love handing Bill the SB trophy.. What else can you say? It's disgusting. I lost my behind on a game where ATL should've blown those guys out. I couldn't even cover the 3 points.  I'm in a lot of mental pain and agony guys, I seriously can't stop my heart from the adrenaline and pain of this loss. Quinn should resign. 

Ohhh and did you notice how the Pats had the green light to do anything and everything in that 4th qtr without repercussion? Blatantly holding in trenches and on field. Shoot me


That Edelman catch said everything.  This is karmatic payback to even out the world after the Tyree catch.

I knew right there that the Patriots were going to win.  Otherwise the catch would be for naught and karma would not have balanced.

It's scripted all right, but not by man.
bmiller1632 PM bmiller1632
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4364
 
bmiller1632
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/6/2017 2:39:07 AM
I cashed some tickets on new england today but feel very fortunate being down 28 to 3 you dont expect a miracle comeback .. for Atl backers its an awful way to lose and i know what its like being on Alabama a few weeks ago this superbowl played out very similar to the college championship game .. Both Atl and Bama basically dominating the game for 3 quarters with huge leads with defenses looking excellent only to suddenly fall apart in the 4th quarter and give up huge leads and all of a sudden the defense can not even make one single play 
.. Its rough .. Quinn is awful i knew he was no good in 4th quarter decision making .. like last year when he kicked a field goal on 4th and 1 on the 49ers 1 yard line with 2 minutes to go it was probably the worst decision i ever seen by an nfl coach
glyde69 PM glyde69
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 6970
 
glyde69
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/6/2017 7:15:17 AM
Also, I forgot the Falcons rushing to challenge that play. When if they let the clock run 2 more seconds, it's the 2 min warning and refs have to look at the play under 2 minutes. LOST LAST TO. 

Maybe they use it on the 2 point convo. To give the team a breather. Slow that momentum. Let Quinn and his D-coordinator draw up a play. 
MRxKrazz PM MRxKrazz
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 9151
 
MRxKrazz
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/6/2017 7:27:36 AM
I mostly agreed with what everyone is saying, but lets not take away NE never gave up, keep fighting, down 25 or 19 points, most teams if not all teams would have packed it up, I am a firm believer in its never over until the fat lady sings with 0:00 on the clock and I almost got my cash ready to pay up, even until the very last drive, i wasn't really feeling the W. So while one team was badly coached, isn't the other team very well coached? 
Forum: NFL Betting Page 3 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.