Messages

Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 2 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: A Challenge to Jets Backers
GraniteStateKid send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
GraniteStateKid
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1844
Location:
#26
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:05:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by phat03:

QUOTE Originally Posted by GraniteStateKid:

Give me one advantage on the field that you think the Jets have.



Their only advantage is everyone is against them.  Rex will use that tool too motivate the hell out of this Jets team tonight.

GL...




 

I used to feel this way too, but the whole world has been against them for the last year and a half and they haven't stepped up yet.

quote
bets2win send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bets2win
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: New York
#27
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:05:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GraniteStateKid:

I've taken all that into account and I feel the same way.  I like the guys post who said that if he and 10 of his buddies had to beat the colts or be executed they would still get blown out.  Sometimes you're just outmanned and outgunned and outcoached.  I don't think the Jets have a chance here even if they all play their heart out.  The was not a deep or experienced team going into the season, and now with the injuries we are going to have to face the situation that Tannenbaum put us in.  We are a bad football team.


Do you really like that??? I guess we're completely disregarding the fact that these are paid professional athletes. 
quote
GraniteStateKid send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
GraniteStateKid
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1844
Location:
#28
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:06:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 2Team_Parlay:




u person i wrote that in another thread..... stealing my garbage

 

Hhahahhahahhaha... what a scum bag.

quote
2Team_Parlay send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
2Team_Parlay
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 7943
Location: California
#29
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:09:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jamilovesjason:

2Team_Parlay    sorry brother.. did not mean to steal your thunder..i shouldA PUT YOU DOWN AS SAYING IT WAS YOU... however i really lkike your reasoning..also this granite kid is a bleeping idiot  and i wanted to shut him up


its all good brother.... 

we'll have one on me after the game
quote
GraniteStateKid send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
GraniteStateKid
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1844
Location:
#30
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:11:20 PM
Bets2Win-  Under that thought process the line on every game should be 0.  Just because they are all paid athletes doesn't mean that one group of paid athletes isn't vastly superior in talent and execution than another.  Even if the talent discrepency isn't that huge, this simply isn't a good matchup for the Jets.  The Jets struggle to defend the things that the Texans do very well, and the Texans excel at stopping the things the Jets are supposed to do well.  Why is that so outragous for me to think.
quote
The-iLLuminati send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
The-iLLuminati
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 993
Location:
#31
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:13:03 PM
texans are bringing the torches to burn the jets farm down , once tonights over everyone will fade the jets for the rest of the year
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
Philanthropist send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Philanthropist
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 196
Location: United States
#32
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:38:58 PM
Seriously, lets not play the games and just give money to everyone who says Houston is going to win.  I mean the colts can't clearly match up with Green Bay.  I mean NO is 0-4 and San Diego is 3-1, but NO is favored.  KC sucks and can't hang with Baltimore, only 6 points, just give the money to Baltimore betters, don't play the game.  

The answer to your question is that these are professionals they do this for a living. Don't you think that the Jets individual players Know they are going against a better team?  Don't you think the coaches adjust for that? Don't you think that the Jets are going to do something different than they did against San Fran.  Or are the Coaches saying...well san fran figured that out, lets do it again maybe houston wont see that coming.  Seriously, they play the game for a reason...to win.  There is a reason for situational betting.
I'm not saying that NY Jets will win, but I am saying the NY Jets players will do everything they can to win, there just not going to say...."Oh gollie, everyone on covers.com thinks we are going to lose by more than nine points...lets not play."  Smart coaches fix problems and win off of a blow out.  My problem is I just don't know if Rex is a smart coach.
quote
GraniteStateKid send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
GraniteStateKid
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1844
Location:
#33
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:53:20 PM

Of course we all know these things and look at them.  But in this particular matchup there is NOTHING for the Jets to feel good about.

For example, KC was averaging 400 yards plus of offense and giving up only about 300, but had a crazy bad turnover differential that yo ufigure would even out.

The packers have a weak secondary on the road going against a good passing attack in indy. 

NO and SD are very similar teams so NO gets 3 points for being the home team. 

My point is that there aren't any angles hear for jets to feel good about.  They are dominated in every aspect of the game.

quote
jamilovesjason send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
jamilovesjason
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 547
Location:
#34
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:57:14 PM
HERE IS SOMETHING.,.YOU friggin fool MORONIC LIL KID  On the surface, this looks like an easy Texans blowout. New York is in a shambles coming off a 34-0 home loss to San Francisco. The Jets have beaten two mediocre teams in Buffalo and Miami, but they have lost by a combined score of 61-10 to the two good teams on their schedule (San Francisco and Pittsburgh). But, in the NFL, often what looks too good to be true is just that.

"This is a long road trip for Houston to the Northeast, and an indoor team will be playing outdoors at night at MetLife Stadium, where it will be rainy and cool. The Texans have two important games on deck, measuring sticks against the Green Bay Packers and Baltimore Ravens (both at home), so this could be a look-ahead spot. This is also the third road game in four weeks for Houston and it will be facing a fired-up and angry home team. Regardless what you think of the Jets, these are professional athletes and after a beatdown like they took last week, you can bet that the Jets will bring it all on Monday night. They will have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove to a national audience.

"All the focus has been on what the Jets have lost in Holmes and Revis and that's reflected in this betting line, but when stars go down, the players can rally in big-game spots like this. New York's defense has looked really bad this season, but keep in mind that under Gary Kubiak, the Texans are 1-10 ATS versus teams that allow 27-plus points per game. The Jets have been an excellent bounce-back team under Rex Ryan, going 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games after accumulating less than 250 total yards in their previous game.

"Underdogs that got trounced (lost by more than 30 points) the week prior have hit 61 percent against the spread since 1990. And, under Gary Kubiak, the Texans are just 11-21 ATS in road games following a game at home. Take the Jets and the points."  ESPN

quote
ApocalypseLater send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ApocalypseLater
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4260
Location:
#35
Posted: 10/8/2012 5:10:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bets2win:


Do you really like that??? I guess we're completely disregarding the fact that these are paid professional athletes. 



you just don't get it... there is no point in extending this debate... nobody is "disregarding the fact that these are paid professional athletes"...

but again, you don't get it, or you refuse to get it, so it's pointless to discuss...
quote
ApocalypseLater send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ApocalypseLater
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4260
Location:
#36
Posted: 10/8/2012 5:13:06 PM
this thread is a testament to everything you need to know about covers...


guy posts a thread, making a challenge for "any Jets backer to name one matchup that favors the Jets"...

we are now 36 posts into this thread, and we haven't even seen anyone attempt to do so...


friggin ridiculous site this is sometimes...
quote
GraniteStateKid send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
GraniteStateKid
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1844
Location:
#37
Posted: 10/8/2012 5:49:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jamilovesjason:

HERE IS SOMETHING.,.YOU friggin fool MORONIC LIL KID  On the surface, this looks like an easy Texans blowout. New York is in a shambles coming off a 34-0 home loss to San Francisco. The Jets have beaten two mediocre teams in Buffalo and Miami, but they have lost by a combined score of 61-10 to the two good teams on their schedule (San Francisco and Pittsburgh). But, in the NFL, often what looks too good to be true is just that.

"This is a long road trip for Houston to the Northeast, and an indoor team will be playing outdoors at night at MetLife Stadium, where it will be rainy and cool. The Texans have two important games on deck, measuring sticks against the Green Bay Packers and Baltimore Ravens (both at home), so this could be a look-ahead spot. This is also the third road game in four weeks for Houston and it will be facing a fired-up and angry home team. Regardless what you think of the Jets, these are professional athletes and after a beatdown like they took last week, you can bet that the Jets will bring it all on Monday night. They will have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove to a national audience.

"All the focus has been on what the Jets have lost in Holmes and Revis and that's reflected in this betting line, but when stars go down, the players can rally in big-game spots like this. New York's defense has looked really bad this season, but keep in mind that under Gary Kubiak, the Texans are 1-10 ATS versus teams that allow 27-plus points per game. The Jets have been an excellent bounce-back team under Rex Ryan, going 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games after accumulating less than 250 total yards in their previous game.

"Underdogs that got trounced (lost by more than 30 points) the week prior have hit 61 percent against the spread since 1990. And, under Gary Kubiak, the Texans are just 11-21 ATS in road games following a game at home. Take the Jets and the points."  ESPN

 

Great post bro... except you still didn't answer the question I asked, and posted exactly what I said I wasn't looking for in this thread.  Well done.

quote
GraniteStateKid send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
GraniteStateKid
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1844
Location:
#38
Posted: 10/8/2012 5:49:51 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ApocalypseLater:

this thread is a testament to everything you need to know about covers...


guy posts a thread, making a challenge for "any Jets backer to name one matchup that favors the Jets"...

we are now 36 posts into this thread, and we haven't even seen anyone attempt to do so...


friggin ridiculous site this is sometimes...

 

AMEN!

quote
ruderunner send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ruderunner
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 374
Location:
#39
Posted: 10/8/2012 6:06:40 PM

Guys take the team you like, this is the NFL and what is supposed to happen does not half the time.

 

The Saints defense looked like garbage in the first half last night. SD was gaining big yards on runs and screens and had open recievers. If you asked me if the SD offense would score a TD in the second half I would have bet all the money I had that YES they would for sure!!

 

SD got a defensive TD but the offense got shut out in the second half. This garbage is hard to predict in the NFL. Adjustments, split second reactions, finger tipped passes and so on.

 

Jets will need some calls and win the turnover battle but anything can happen. I think Texans win late but backdoor cover is always possible at home on Monday night getting close to 10.

 

Good luck and bet small and enjoy the game

quote
potvin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
potvin
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 23566
Location: United States
#40
Posted: 10/8/2012 6:14:22 PM
i have no in game matchups to speak of. however i think houston is way overated. me and 5 of my friends could beat 3 of the 4 teams they have beaten so far.but being somewhat local,this is the first time i can remember rex ryan not flapping his fat mouth through the week in local papers since he has taken over! on tilt or calm before the storm? we shall see!
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14630
Location: United States
#41
Posted: 10/8/2012 6:16:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kickinA:

Fireman Ed leading the diehards?

On the field, I think the Jets have the advantage on special teams.



Sadly, this really is the only advantage...
quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14630
Location: United States
#42
Posted: 10/8/2012 6:17:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GraniteStateKid:

I'll preface this by saying I'm a die-hard Jets fan.

I have posted this question in some individual threads with no answers so I'll post it here. 

I challenge you guys to give me a single pro-jets in game matchup that you like.  Every thread I'd read so far as to do with the fact that the line is suspiciously low, or that home dogs do well on mondays, or teams coming off a loss usually cover or any of that garbage.  I agree sometimes that info is very important, but there has to be some aspect of a matchup that you like. 

What in-game matchup do you think keeps the Jets in the game?

Is it there worst in the league rush defense against the top rb in the league.  Their 28th ranked passing game against the number 3 pass defense.  They're 25th ranked rushing game against the number 9 rush defense?  Is it the fact the jets starting offense will feature:

Sanchez (under 50% completions last 3 games)

Green (92 yards in his last 44 carries)

Jeff Cumberland (22 yards per game)

Chaz Chillens (18 yards per game)

Kerley (2.5 catches a game against nickle corners now facing the #1 corner for texans)

Joe McKnight playing his second game ever on defense as the nickle corner? 

Pace, Thomas, and Scott trying to cover Foster in the flat?

Give me one advantage on the field that you think the Jets have.


The bold is the scariest of them all. Mind you McKnight chirped excessively about not wanting to partake in this responsibility when they told him to switch up.

I can't give you an advantage by the way...
quote
AddingMachine send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AddingMachine
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 207
Location:
#43
Posted: 10/8/2012 6:30:41 PM

Granite....AGREE.....motivation only lasts until houston D creates the first turnover.....listen bets2win the jets have played their best football all-ready. Hey, maybe Tebow's secret package will unnerve one of the best defenses in the league. REX's team of average players gets exposed by a well balanced superb team with only a couple of superstars that don't get injured. Maybe Jet's stay within 2 scores in first half, then second half blow-out.

Texans cover unless they get beat by the couple of trick plays REX knows he has to use to have any chance of winning...why because he loses every match-up....right on Granite.

Jet's lose and go on to lose to Indy at home next week as well...season over!

quote
veezee send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
veezee
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1076
Location: Palau
#44
Posted: 10/8/2012 6:47:39 PM
Inconclusion, There quite a few Jets backer here.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
quote
ApocalypseLater send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ApocalypseLater
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4260
Location:
#45
Posted: 10/8/2012 6:51:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


The bold is the scariest of them all. Mind you McKnight chirped excessively about not wanting to partake in this responsibility when they told him to switch up.

I can't give you an advantage by the way...



good response!  from an actual Jets fan, if i'm not mistaken...
quote
joshfactor send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
joshfactor
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2390
Location: New Jersey
#46
Posted: 10/8/2012 7:09:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by potvin:

i have no in game matchups to speak of. however i think houston is way overated. me and 5 of my friends could beat 3 of the 4 teams they have beaten so far.but being somewhat local,this is the first time i can remember rex ryan not flapping his fat mouth through the week in local papers since he has taken over! on tilt or calm before the storm? we shall see!

actually the toe loving formerly fat darn has kept a lid on his trap all season long. he said he would tone in down during the offseason, & did.

quote
bets2win send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bets2win
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1606
Location: New York
#47
Posted: 10/9/2012 12:17:34 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ApocalypseLater:

this thread is a testament to everything you need to know about covers...


guy posts a thread, making a challenge for "any Jets backer to name one matchup that favors the Jets"...

we are now 36 posts into this thread, and we haven't even seen anyone attempt to do so...


friggin ridiculous site this is sometimes...

Here's the problem, the question was typical "leading the witness" bc there is no actual matchup that the Jets could exploit... Do u really need me to tell u the Jets runD sucks and the Texans runO is great? U know that right? Every bozo in America knows that. My explanation did answer his question though.... 

"
GraniteStateKid- you're operating on the premise that the Jets will play the exact same way they have over their last 3. You're not accounting for teams/players abilities to step up and play above and beyond their talent or skill. Home crowd, prime time, ridicule in the news, job security, etc will all play into this game and into how the Jets will play. These players are still professionals and they aren't gonna lay down for anyone. Pride is huge for these men, I'll guarantee a veteran leader on this team stepped up and challenged this team this week. Jets play inspired tonight. "

Yet u browse over this bc it doesn't meet your "criteria", when in fact this was accurate tonight. Sometimes teams step up/step down or play up/play down to their opponents. That's sports and sometimes it isn't rational or easy to explain
quote
Pasteur
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Pasteur
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2938
Location: North Carolina
#48
Posted: 10/9/2012 12:20:07 AM
In my post I mentioned special teams and motivation.  Not much to put in the advantage column, but maybe tonight enough to keep it close. 

Excellent question to ask though.
quote
hawgpix send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: MGM Grand |
hawgpix
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1917
Location: Arkansas
#49
Posted: 10/9/2012 12:23:33 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bets2win:


Here's the problem, the question was typical "leading the witness" bc there is no actual matchup that the Jets could exploit... Do u really need me to tell u the Jets runD sucks and the Texans runO is great? U know that right? Every bozo in America knows that. My explanation did answer his question though.... 

"
GraniteStateKid- you're operating on the premise that the Jets will play the exact same way they have over their last 3. You're not accounting for teams/players abilities to step up and play above and beyond their talent or skill. Home crowd, prime time, ridicule in the news, job security, etc will all play into this game and into how the Jets will play. These players are still professionals and they aren't gonna lay down for anyone. Pride is huge for these men, I'll guarantee a veteran leader on this team stepped up and challenged this team this week. Jets play inspired tonight. "

Yet u browse over this bc it doesn't meet your "criteria", when in fact this was accurate tonight. Sometimes teams step up/step down or play up/play down to their opponents. That's sports and sometimes it isn't rational or easy to explain

quote
LRM704 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
LRM704
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10049
Location: New York
#50
Posted: 10/9/2012 2:22:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bets2win:


My thoughts exactly, Entangibles? Intangibles... Maybe u should be the one reading more, lol  LRM704

And I think u meant Texans and under, judging by your analysis

Hey Moron that wasn't my post, I reposted an earlier quote from this thread

You might be too dumb to read a book

quote
Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 2 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.