Messages

Forum Index : NHL Betting : Messages
Author: [NHL Betting] Topic: Should I be worried about this happening?
Bruins455 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Bruins455
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1179
Location:
#1
Posted: 4/8/2012 7:03:21 PM
Ok so the situation i'm in is that I got a whole lot riding on Bsoton to win the east, I was able to win some decent money yesterday to use as an insurance on washington just incase they beat Bosotn first round.... I'm thinking about parlaying Washington with New Jersey for better value, however if Washington wins the series and New Jersey loses then I will have quite the loss.  should I be worried about that happening 'cause I think it's a real longshot that Washington and Florida would both win in the first round.

any input? 
quote
potvin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
potvin
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 23593
Location: United States
#2
Posted: 4/8/2012 7:23:20 PM
never cover with a parlay! good luck!
quote
Polar_Bear
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Polar_Bear
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 24292
Location: Ontario
#3
Posted: 4/8/2012 7:58:18 PM
I like Washington in that series myself. GL with whatever you decide...
quote
mtbaker send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
mtbaker
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9999
Location: British
              Columbia
#4
Posted: 4/8/2012 8:46:22 PM
Washington could definitely give our boys a scare especially with the injuries on D- I wouldn't parlay the Devils with anything I don't think they are going to advance- poor leadership, bad goaltending and a very proud Panthers team starting an ex-Devils goalie
quote
Bruins455 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Bruins455
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1179
Location:
#5
Posted: 4/8/2012 9:17:31 PM
hmm gives me alot to think about. i do got that feeling in my gut that we could see quite a few upsets first round, but i'll have to see what the lines are like when they come out.... anyways thanks to everyone for the input
quote
mtbaker send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
mtbaker
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9999
Location: British
              Columbia
#6
Posted: 4/8/2012 9:29:04 PM

Tim Thomas I haven't caught a lot of Bruins games lately.  I think people are overexaggerating our little slump a couple weeks ago, but how do you think the team is playing.  Those banged up defensemen can't be a good thing against a Washington squad that has a lot of offense.  That being said I think it'll be a great test for our team, and if they win over Washington their level of play will be a lot higher for the future rounds.

quote
pj702 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pj702
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1040
Location:
#7
Posted: 4/8/2012 9:42:04 PM
i didnt take boston to win the cup last year or easst but should of, you probably should of too if you did or not i dunno. back to back east champs i doubt it, i think boston gets bounced in the 2nd round by pitt, or maybe even in first round vs wash. wash is 3-1 against boston this year, but most those games were with their first string goalie before he got hurt, so i dont trust washington either
quote
7257MELROSE send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
7257MELROSE
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 3682
Location:
#8
Posted: 4/8/2012 9:42:49 PM
U MADE UR BED. LIE IN IT OR LOSE MORE MONEY.
quote
Bruins455 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Bruins455
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1179
Location:
#9
Posted: 4/8/2012 9:48:56 PM
i'm not too worried about the defense, boychuk and macquaid will be back very soon... we should atleast have one of them for game 1 and at the deadline we picked up two quality defensemen for situations like this. the team looks great over the past 12 games... been watching every single one and there a whole new team then they were in the middle of the season. One thing I like alot about this matchup is that Washington has no choice right now but to play their rookie goalie in the playoffs, and if he struggles they have no one to go to and he has never started a game against the bruins in his career.... and btw thomas is 14-5-3 against the caps in his career which is a very good record against them. let's just hope we don't have an upset on this series
quote
Bruins455 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Bruins455
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1179
Location:
#10
Posted: 4/8/2012 10:16:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pj702:

i didnt take boston to win the cup last year or easst but should of, you probably should of too if you did or not i dunno. back to back east champs i doubt it, i think boston gets bounced in the 2nd round by pitt, or maybe even in first round vs wash. wash is 3-1 against boston this year, but most those games were with their first string goalie before he got hurt, so i dont trust washington either


for the reasons i stated above bruins should be able to beat Washington, and if they do they could possibly play the sens or flyers in the 2nd round if one of those teams can pull off an upset in the 1st round.... and the bruins are unreal against either of those teams and without a doubt we will be in the east finals if that happens.  just look at thomas's career numbers against those two teams. and to your other question, in my opinion 6 to 1 on the bruins to win east still is best value out there along with alittle on the devils at 15 to 1.... basically twice as much you would make on either pens/rangers and the realistic chance of it happening is the same. but anything can really happen and it's all up to you if you want to roll the dice, i decided to do that.... and i guess we'll see what happens in a couple weeks
quote
mtbaker send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
mtbaker
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9999
Location: British
              Columbia
#11
Posted: 4/8/2012 11:09:17 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Bruins455:

i'm not too worried about the defense, boychuk and macquaid will be back very soon... we should atleast have one of them for game 1 and at the deadline we picked up two quality defensemen for situations like this. the team looks great over the past 12 games... been watching every single one and there a whole new team then they were in the middle of the season. One thing I like alot about this matchup is that Washington has no choice right now but to play their rookie goalie in the playoffs, and if he struggles they have no one to go to and he has never started a game against the bruins in his career.... and btw thomas is 14-5-3 against the caps in his career which is a very good record against them. let's just hope we don't have an upset on this series

ya we definitely have the forwards to piss off Semin and those flashy Washington forwards.  Marchand, Kelly, Peverly are gonna drive em nuts and I think we are too physical and roll 4 lines to wear em down.   Our offense is also much more explosive than last year with Seguin and Marchand now a further year experienced.

I love how there's a ton of talk about Pittsburgh being the Cup winner and teams like the Rangers and Flyers are talking a ton of smack about Pitt.  Boston does great when they are flying under the radar and last year was no exception.

Let's get that back-to-back trophy.

quote
Bruins455 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Bruins455
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1179
Location:
#12
Posted: 4/8/2012 11:32:13 PM
you got that right baker.... every thread i read and every analyst on sportsnet think Pittsburg will win the east hands down, and on one is giving the b's any credit. and like you said we got too much depth and will be too much to handle for the caps. the only way the caps will win is if their 22 yr old rookie out duels Thomas in a playoff series, just not gonna happen.

Thanks though, initially i thought we might have seen an upset but just talking about the matchup gives me alot more confidence in them, caps may be 3-1 in the season against us but playoffs are a different animal and every game they won was basically a one goal game. Holtby is not gonna know what hits him when chara and rolston are shooting bombs from the point, and with the 230lb charging in off the wing
quote
timbaland99
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
timbaland99
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 928
Location: Ontario
#13
Posted: 4/9/2012 8:48:00 AM
there seems to be a lot of parity in the NHL this year. it has become increasingly difficult to separate the good teams from the bad ones. I agree that there could be several first round upsets, especially with the low scoring, tight defensive games. as another poster said, (TDD I think) underdogs have a better chance to win there respective series when the games are losing scoring affairs. 
quote
timbaland99
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
timbaland99
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 928
Location: Ontario
#14
Posted: 4/9/2012 8:51:43 AM
I could see Pittsburgh winning the series against Philly but, the flyers will beat the garbage out of malkin and Crosby in the process. I wouldn't be surprised If there were bounty pools a la new Orleans saints style to cause Crosby to miss some games due to get his bell rung against a tough Philly squad. 
quote
faceoff
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
faceoff
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2501
Location: Nevada
#15
Posted: 4/9/2012 8:53:17 AM

No matter who you THINK wins or who is playing................. NEVER MAKE A BET WHERE YOU CAN LOSE BOTH WAYS............................

 

Don't understand the parlay........ Washington will be a big enough dog to just hedge on them alone........................ I don't ''hedge'' myself, but I can see the advantage of a guaranteed winner.....

 

You parlay to lose in this situation..............

quote
timbaland99
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
timbaland99
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 928
Location: Ontario
#16
Posted: 4/9/2012 8:55:29 AM
last line in my first post should say *  "low scoring affairs"
quote
Hollywoodturf
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
Hollywoodturf
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1322
Location: Ontario
#17
Posted: 4/9/2012 9:06:41 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Bruins455:

Ok so the situation i'm in is that I got a whole lot riding on Bsoton to win the east, I was able to win some decent money yesterday to use as an insurance on washington just incase they beat Bosotn first round.... I'm thinking about parlaying Washington with New Jersey for better value, however if Washington wins the series and New Jersey loses then I will have quite the loss.  should I be worried about that happening 'cause I think it's a real longshot that Washington and Florida would both win in the first round. Washington my take it.

any input? 
quote
SkySky send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SkySky
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1551
Location: California
#18
Posted: 4/10/2012 1:22:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by faceoff:

No matter who you THINK wins or who is playing................. NEVER MAKE A BET WHERE YOU CAN LOSE BOTH WAYS............................

 

Don't understand the parlay........ Washington will be a big enough dog to just hedge on them alone........................ I don't ''hedge'' myself, but I can see the advantage of a guaranteed winner.....

 

You parlay to lose in this situation..............



This is the answer.
quote
Bruins455 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Bruins455
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1179
Location:
#19
Posted: 4/10/2012 6:27:11 PM
ya, I've decided to just put abit on Washington as the insurance with alittle on them to win in 7 at +650, figure that if they're gonna win it will most likely be in 7, last year the Bruins were involve in 3 game sevens and before that the two years in a row where they got eliminated it was in 7 games each time
quote
UnderDogs1979 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
UnderDogs1979
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 3290
Location: Ontario
#20
Posted: 4/10/2012 8:45:55 PM
Washington will lose. They have a horrible coach and the goaltending isn't up to par.
quote
Forum Index : NHL Betting : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.