Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 203 of 215 «  201 202 203 204 205   »
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: If Christ died on the cross for all of humanity
D_Unit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
D_Unit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2642
Location: Texas
#5051
Posted: 2/23/2012 1:59:05 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by smoothd20:

I must say that it is amazing the hypocrisy that some atheists have I mean really. With the exception of Mikniks and a few others most of the atheist are all over the place. It's ok for them to attack us with hate and vitriol but when I make a statement of fact about the Catholic Church suddenly that's wrong. I have nothing against Catholics themselves. My issues are with the Catholic Church as an organization. Anybody who has read this thread can see that I'm clearly against ANY religion that puts itself ahead of God. The Catholic Church does this. It doesn't make me a bigot against all Catholics but I am on the record with my feelings about the Catholic Church. For people with an education that actually read they can see my position is consistent. Even a few atheist have stated that. But for the uneducated like Jagerfury who likes to take the lazy man's way out by having knee jerk reactions to anything that he doesn't understand. This is just too much work for him. I understand he's a blowhard and he brings nothing to the table but constant negativity. It is what it is and history shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that my views on the Catholic Church are spot on. We haven't even gotten into the details of their more salacious adventures and I really don't want to numerate them here. 

Atheist push their beliefs and agenda more than most Christians. They are the epitome of hyprocrisy. Christians will always be vivlified for their beliefs more so than any other. I've come to accept it, and pray for the ones who violently oppose.

quote
D_Unit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
D_Unit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2642
Location: Texas
#5052
Posted: 2/23/2012 2:01:28 AM
I dont oppose any religion who preaches love and compassion. However for some reason Christians are the ones who are most attacked.
quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4494
Location: Oregon
#5053
Posted: 2/23/2012 4:50:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by D_Unit:

I dont oppose any religion who preaches love and compassion. However for some reason Christians are the ones who are most attacked.

True words that you speak D_Unit. 
quote
jagerfury
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
jagerfury
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2838
Location: Colorado
#5054
Posted: 2/23/2012 8:42:01 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

Either you're drunk or you're mentally retarded. Which one is it because you can't seem to keep your lies straight. Initially you called me a racist because you thought I was white. Since I had to drop the bomb on your dumb behind you have now changed it to bigot.  Either way you're a hypocrite. You can criticize Christians but hell be damned if we do the same thing. If you would take your head out of your behind you would realize where I'm coming from but all you do on this thread is put people down. How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine Assclown!


I called you racist for your racist comments. I called you a bigot for your bigoted comments. I call you an idiot for your illogical arguments. I could give a garbage if you are black, white, or hispanic. I don't judge by the color of your skin, but by the words which come out of your mouth.



quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37651
Location: Minnesota
#5055
Posted: 2/23/2012 11:39:34 AM
Now apply this to God, look at the world around you, complexities, order, laws, natural beauty etc etc, do you deduct from this that it all happened by pure dumb blind luck with no reason for it at all or there was a creator behind it?
_____________

Look at the famine....the earthquakes....the tsunamis......God behind those as well?
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37651
Location: Minnesota
#5056
Posted: 2/23/2012 11:48:57 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

Hutch I appreciate your efforts but you're not getting the exercise. It's not about knowing the people and making conclusions on your own. The exercise is about asking these individuals what changed their mind. That's what you want to into. The event that turned them around. Keep trying.

For the 84th time, I HAVE.  One of my friends just was approached by a guy and they got together to have coffee and talk about God. The message hit him and the rest is history.  He never had a "moment where God touched him."  And he was the person who got together with another friend over coffee every once in a while and eventually, she was on board.  

You can keep trying, but the story isn't going to change.  
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37651
Location: Minnesota
#5057
Posted: 2/23/2012 12:12:14 PM
Remember by definition, God created the universe, meaning he is outside the universe, in another realm, by definition this is the supernatural realm.....
__________________

So something can be created from nothing in the supernatural realm?  And if you think so, how do you know?
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37651
Location: Minnesota
#5058
Posted: 2/23/2012 12:15:08 PM
The event that turned them around.
__________

No event for either of them.   They were told the story of God.....they started going to church....it worked for them in their life.

No amount of you imploring me to go talk to more former athiests is going to change the story here.  



quote
SirJohnDrake send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SirJohnDrake
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12536
Location: United States
#5059
Posted: 2/23/2012 12:44:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

Now apply this to God, look at the world around you, complexities, order, laws, natural beauty etc etc, do you deduct from this that it all happened by pure dumb blind luck with no reason for it at all or there was a creator behind it?
_____________

Look at the famine....the earthquakes....the tsunamis......God behind those as well?

Why does God allow earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis, typhoons, cyclones, mudslides, and other natural disasters?

Tragedies such as Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the 2008 cyclone in Myanmar, the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, and the 2011 earthquake/tsunami near Japan cause many people to question God’s goodness.

It is distressing that natural disasters are often termed "acts of God" while no "credit" is given to God for years, decades, or even centuries of peaceful weather.

God created the whole universe and the laws of nature (Genesis 1:1). Most natural disasters are a result of these laws at work. Hurricanes, typhoons, and tornados are the results of divergent weather patterns colliding. Earthquakes are the result of the earth’s plate structure shifting. A tsunami is caused by an underwater earthquake.

The Bible proclaims that Jesus Christ holds all of nature together (Colossians 1:16-17). Could God prevent natural disasters? Absolutely! Does God :16-sometimes influence the weather? Yes, as we see in Deu. 11:17 and James 5:17. Numbers 16:30-34 shows us that God sometimes causes natural disasters as a judgment against sin.

The book of Revelation describes many events which could definitely be described as natural disasters (Revelation chapters 6, 8, and 16). Is every natural disaster a punishment from God? Absolutely not.

In much the same way that God allows evil people to commit evil acts, God allows the earth to reflect the consequences sin has had on creation. Romans 8:19-21 tells us, "The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God."

The fall of humanity into sin had effects on everything, including the world we inhabit. Everything in creation is subject to "frustration" and "decay." Sin is the ultimate cause of natural disasters just as it is the cause of death, disease, and suffering.

We can understand why natural disasters occur. What we do not understand is why God allows them to occur. Why did God allow the tsunami to kill over 225,000 people in Asia? Why did God allow Hurricane Katrina to destroy the homes of thousands of people?

For one thing, such events shake our confidence in this life and force us to think about eternity. Churches are usually filled after disasters as people realize how tenuous their lives really are and how life can be taken away in an instant.

What we do know is this: God is good! Many amazing miracles occurred during the course of natural disasters that prevented even greater loss of life. Natural disasters cause millions of people to reevaluate their priorities in life. Hundreds of millions of dollars in aid is sent to help the people who are suffering. Christian ministries have the opportunity to help, minister, counsel, pray, and lead people to saving faith in Christ! God can, and does, bring great good out of terrible tragedies (Romans 8:28).

quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4494
Location: Oregon
#5060
Posted: 2/23/2012 12:45:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:


For the 84th time, I HAVE.  One of my friends just was approached by a guy and they got together to have coffee and talk about God. The message hit him and the rest is history.  He never had a "moment where God touched him."  And he was the person who got together with another friend over coffee every once in a while and eventually, she was on board.  

You can keep trying, but the story isn't going to change.  
I'm not trying to change the story. I'm asking for specifics. Who is the atheist? Just saying my "friend" we can't assume who the atheist is/was. #2 Did you talk to your friend  about this conversion? Saying it just happened sounds like a teenager trying to explain why they got drunk to their parents. Nothing "just happens". I appreciate your efforts but its falling short of the challenge. More specifics are needed as to who, what, where, how. Also we're not talking about 2nd hand information. You should be the one discussing directly with the individual about what made them change. Thanks for at least trying.
quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4494
Location: Oregon
#5061
Posted: 2/23/2012 12:54:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jagerfury:



I called you racist for your racist comments. I called you a bigot for your bigoted comments. I call you an idiot for your illogical arguments. I could give a garbage if you are black, white, or hispanic. I don't judge by the color of your skin, but by the words which come out of your mouth.



YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT!!! I asked your stupid behind before and I will say it again because you obviously have mental issues. Show me the post where I made a racist statement. The thing with you as with most uneducated people is that you make statements and can never back them up. You disappear when the going gets tough only to come back like the troll you are and make more dumb statements. When have I ever made a racist statement on this thread. Show that statement to me. I asked you this before and you went silent. If you can't find the post or are too lazy to back up your words STFU! Go back to the rock from which you crawled out from. We have had strong disagreements with the atheist on this thread but you Jagerfury are complete scum. Your entire spirit (oops I forgot you don't have one) is infected with negative condemnation. You must be one lonely SOB to sit behind your computer and throw out  insults to people that you don't even know. The worst part about it is that the things you say aren't even based on facts but some fantasy world that you have created for yourself. So in closing if you can't find these "racist" statements that I made and post them, then I suggest you move along because I have totally discredited your pathetic behind in the past and I do so again.
quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4494
Location: Oregon
#5062
Posted: 2/23/2012 1:03:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

The event that turned them around.
__________

No event for either of them.   They were told the story of God.....they started going to church....it worked for them in their life.

No amount of you imploring me to go talk to more former athiests is going to change the story here.  



Were these friends atheist? It's nice to hear that God can convince people over dinner and coffee but something must have clicked. People just don't give up a life atheism after dinner unless something inside them finally clicked. That's what we're talking about. This challenge is about getting to the core of the reason that these 4 people changed their positions. Again I appreciate you sharing this but it falls short of the spirit of the challenge. Maybe if you spoke to your friends and asked them this "What was the one event, epiphany, or cause that made you see the light in regards to God"? I'm sure if you asked that question they would say more than "I don't know it just happened" 
quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26693
Location: Australia
#5063
Posted: 2/23/2012 2:54:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

Now apply this to God, look at the world around you, complexities, order, laws, natural beauty etc etc, do you deduct from this that it all happened by pure dumb blind luck with no reason for it at all or there was a creator behind it?
_____________

Look at the famine....the earthquakes....the tsunamis......God behind those as well?

This is an emotional argument and i fully understand how you think this....

In regards to famine, unfortunately this is a consequence of FREE will....Gods gift to us was free will, and unfortunately we see how we use it sometimes....and unfortunately famine is one of them....

The non believers have to look at the world around them and see the evils are the result of mans free will.

Earth quakes are the result of a fallen world....I am sure you know about the story of Adam and Eve.....

When they disobeyed God, they were effectively seperated from God. God said, you want to do things your way? Unfortunately this has been brought out by original sin.....We are ALL born from Adam and we all have a stain on us...

This is all the result of fallen world brought out by original sin and the side consequence of free will

 

quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26693
Location: Australia
#5064
Posted: 2/23/2012 2:59:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

Remember by definition, God created the universe, meaning he is outside the universe, in another realm, by definition this is the supernatural realm.....
__________________

So something can be created from nothing in the supernatural realm?  And if you think so, how do you know?

No, rather pointing out that we know from the laws of physics (second law of thermodynamics) and the fact that the number INFINITY cannot be used in our natural universe shows that the universe cannot be eternal., rather it began....

The question is....Can we apply the second law of thermodynamics to the supernatural world? Can we apply the number infinity to the super natrual world?

Of course we cant because we cant test it....

Rather, this now opens the possibility that the supernatural realm was eternal in the past....Rather, God always has been.....

I am trying to show that we cant compare the 2 worlds....

 

quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26693
Location: Australia
#5065
Posted: 2/23/2012 3:04:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT!!! I asked your stupid behind before and I will say it again because you obviously have mental issues. Show me the post where I made a racist statement. The thing with you as with most uneducated people is that you make statements and can never back them up. You disappear when the going gets tough only to come back like the troll you are and make more dumb statements. When have I ever made a racist statement on this thread. Show that statement to me. I asked you this before and you went silent. If you can't find the post or are too lazy to back up your words STFU! Go back to the rock from which you crawled out from. We have had strong disagreements with the atheist on this thread but you Jagerfury are complete scum. Your entire spirit (oops I forgot you don't have one) is infected with negative condemnation. You must be one lonely SOB to sit behind your computer and throw out  insults to people that you don't even know. The worst part about it is that the things you say aren't even based on facts but some fantasy world that you have created for yourself. So in closing if you can't find these "racist" statements that I made and post them, then I suggest you move along because I have totally discredited your pathetic behind in the past and I do so again.

Dont bother bud...

Fury parades himself as an intellect yet doesnt even know the basics of philosophy, thelology and the philosophies of sciences....

Them when exposed he starts swearing at everyone....

Just ignore him....

quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37651
Location: Minnesota
#5066
Posted: 2/23/2012 3:36:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

Were these friends atheist? It's nice to hear that God can convince people over dinner and coffee but something must have clicked. People just don't give up a life atheism after dinner unless something inside them finally clicked. That's what we're talking about. This challenge is about getting to the core of the reason that these 4 people changed their positions. Again I appreciate you sharing this but it falls short of the spirit of the challenge. Maybe if you spoke to your friends and asked them this "What was the one event, epiphany, or cause that made you see the light in regards to God"? I'm sure if you asked that question they would say more than "I don't know it just happened" 

I don't consider myself an athiest.  I guess I don't know why I'm even bothering.  

By the way, what are exactly trying to prove with this exercise?   

quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37651
Location: Minnesota
#5067
Posted: 2/23/2012 3:39:12 PM
Earth quakes are the result of a fallen world....I am sure you know about the story of Adam and Eve.....
____________

You're kidding, right?


The question is....Can we apply the second law of thermodynamics to the supernatural world? Can we apply the number infinity to the super natrual world?

Of course we cant because we cant test it....

Rather, this now opens the possibility that the supernatural realm was eternal in the past

___________

Thank you for admitting that you don't know.


quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26693
Location: Australia
#5068
Posted: 2/23/2012 6:30:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

Earth quakes are the result of a fallen world....I am sure you know about the story of Adam and Eve.....
____________

You're kidding, right?
 
Nah mate, this is basic theology.....The garden of Eden was described as a magnificent place as God walked with Adam and Eve (non literal sense), he gave one basic instruction which was not to eat from the tree of knowledge....because if they did they will surely die....Well, look at the world around you, i dont think he was kidding....we are seperated from God, and that is why Christ came down , to bridge that gap.


The question is....Can we apply the second law of thermodynamics to the supernatural world? Can we apply the number infinity to the super natrual world?

Of course we cant because we cant test it....

Rather, this now opens the possibility that the supernatural realm was eternal in the past

___________

Thank you for admitting that you don't know.

Well, we obviously cant test the supernatural, but it is OPEN to the possibility as i said...

I really really highly recommend you to look at current big bang cosmology and think criticallly about it....and make up your mind.


quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4494
Location: Oregon
#5069
Posted: 2/24/2012 3:03:15 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:


I don't consider myself an athiest.  I guess I don't know why I'm even bothering.  

By the way, what are exactly trying to prove with this exercise?   

I appreciate your efforts but I have stated a few times what the purpose was. As I thought none of the atheist have even bothered to do the challenge because they're not interested in anything but mental masturbation. Back and forth bullshit with no action just blah blah blah. Thanks anyway but I think you have exhausted your willingness to do this correctly but I do respect you for attempting.
quote
vanzack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
vanzack
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 50478
Location: Equatorial
              Guinea
#5070
Posted: 2/24/2012 8:05:08 AM

Bill Maher gets it right.

 

quote
Diamondjake send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
Diamondjake
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 865
Location: Missouri
#5071
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:14:57 AM

John 3-16.

Either believe it. Or not your choice. But you are running out of time, Bill Maher will answer for leading many people astray.

quote
jagerfury
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
jagerfury
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2838
Location: Colorado
#5072
Posted: 2/25/2012 1:16:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT!!! I asked your stupid behind before and I will say it again because you obviously have mental issues. Show me the post where I made a racist statement. The thing with you as with most uneducated people is that you make statements and can never back them up. You disappear when the going gets tough only to come back like the troll you are and make more dumb statements. When have I ever made a racist statement on this thread. Show that statement to me. I asked you this before and you went silent. If you can't find the post or are too lazy to back up your words STFU! Go back to the rock from which you crawled out from. We have had strong disagreements with the atheist on this thread but you Jagerfury are complete scum. Your entire spirit (oops I forgot you don't have one) is infected with negative condemnation. You must be one lonely SOB to sit behind your computer and throw out  insults to people that you don't even know. The worst part about it is that the things you say aren't even based on facts but some fantasy world that you have created for yourself. So in closing if you can't find these "racist" statements that I made and post them, then I suggest you move along because I have totally discredited your pathetic behind in the past and I do so again.
Hey smooth, why don't you show your kids the soft porn pictures you post, and your gambling and explain how this all works in your christian belief system so they can all follow you into hell...
quote
jagerfury
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
jagerfury
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2838
Location: Colorado
#5073
Posted: 2/25/2012 1:20:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Diamondjake:

John 3-16.

Either believe it. Or not your choice. But you are running out of time, Bill Maher will answer for leading many people astray.

Yeah, another dumb f@#$!
quote
smoothd20
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
smoothd20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4494
Location: Oregon
#5074
Posted: 2/25/2012 4:45:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jagerfury:

Yeah, another dumb f@#$!
Hey Assclown you have lost all credibility. Show me the racist comments that you keep saying I posted. Find them scumbag or issue an apology for lying on me. Show me the posts!!! Liars and thieves are the scum of the Earth.
quote
jagerfury
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
jagerfury
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2838
Location: Colorado
#5075
Posted: 2/27/2012 10:17:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by smoothd20:

Hey Assclown you have lost all credibility. Show me the racist comments that you keep saying I posted. Find them scumbag or issue an apology for lying on me. Show me the posts!!! Liars and thieves are the scum of the Earth.


Seeing as you give zero credibility to science, I am not concerned of having to reach some approval from you, like you need to find from your imaginary god that will have no problem roasting your little babies if it so wills it...
quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 203 of 215 «  201 202 203 204 205   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.