Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 12  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [College Football] Topic: Michigan
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#1
Posted: 5/31/2012 4:18:28 PM

College Football Live, just said Brady Hoke has sent his senoirs to train with the Navy Seals, getting them ready for this season.

I think Brady Hoke will be a great fit for Michigan. Can't wait for the Alabama vs Michigan game!!!

GL Michigan fans...

Roll-Tide

 

 

 

quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 32726
Location: New York
#2
Posted: 5/31/2012 8:59:38 PM
Only way I would touch Michigan in this game is with 17+


Might just sit back and root for Michigan with no money involved and in the hopes they Help knock the Tide out of the Title hunt 
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#3
Posted: 5/31/2012 10:52:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

Only way I would touch Michigan in this game is with 17+


Might just sit back and root for Michigan with no money involved and in the hopes they Help knock the Tide out of the Title hunt 

I'm sure there will be a lot of people that hopes Alabama will lose, its just the nature of football fans after seeing them win the NCG two times in three years and the title coming back to the State of Alabama for 3 years back to back, thank you Auburn "Go Tigers"  unless people or laying money on them that is, or they or an Alabama fan. 

This game probably will be the only game Meyer has rooted for Alabama to win in his life. "Go Buckeyes"

Fact:

Alabama kicked off the BCS beating Florida, and Alabama ended it being to good, if they go to a playoff system this season.

As an Alabama fan i don't think they beat Michigan by 17+, the speed of Robinson is not something the players in the SEC or used too.

Michigan will play harder this game then any they play all year, as all do playing Alabama.

Alabama's defense will not be what it was last year, i look for this to be a close game with Alabama winning by 7 or less points.

Saban will play 1st, 2nd, 3rd stringers for the 1st three games until he decides to complete the 1st stringers for the season, he will not run the score up on Michigan just to do it, if Alabama does jump out into a big lead, look for Saban to play his bench warmers a lot the second half...

As a kid i loved to see the match ups with Michigan, ND, Nebraska i'm gald this one has come back.

Saban does like to bite a big named team to start the seasons out, one day its going to bite him back.

quote
bigbill365 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
bigbill365
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1867
Location: United States
#4
Posted: 5/31/2012 11:40:43 PM
GO BLUE but man Alabama Vs Michigan this spread will be double digits easy Michigas defense sucks its gotten better but still very well sucks.As far as michigans offense gos it suspect also.There kicker sucks behind he cant hit a 20yd Field goal (no joke) Denard has a weak throwing arm to add to this.If the spread is anywere close to 17 im hammering Alabama all day i can see maybe a 19.5 spread to make it tricky.Idk about you but anything lower then 20 i would be on bama at 20 ill take michigan 2td and 2 fg
quote
packers1992 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
packers1992
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9774
Location: Michigan
#5
Posted: 6/1/2012 10:26:37 AM
big the defense ppg were cut in half from michigan and i'm not a michigan fan.
quote
SatNightFever05
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SatNightFever05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3579
Location: California
#6
Posted: 6/1/2012 11:51:46 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by packers1992:

big the defense ppg were cut in half from michigan and i'm not a michigan fan.


Schedule and 8 home games had something to do with that..

Still struggled against decent offenses- ND, NW, MSU and some not so decent (OSU)
quote
SatNightFever05
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SatNightFever05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3579
Location: California
#7
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:31:03 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lucan:

As an Alabama fan i don't think they beat Michigan by 17+, the speed of Robinson is not something the players in the SEC or used too.

Michigan will play harder this game then any they play all year, as all do playing Alabama.

Alabama's defense will not be what it was last year, i look for this to be a close game with Alabama winning by 7 or less points.

Shocked to see you think that.. I think it's more of a question of if UM can stop Bama.. Bama's OL is will be the best in the country, while UM is replacing 3/4 of its DL and its best two players on defense (who were both on the DL).. I think Lacy is going to have a field day, that will setup playaction down the field.  On the flip side, Denard has speed for sure and will make some plays, but he's also prone to turning the ball over, throwing the ball into coverage, etc.. while I don't expect a blowout, something like 31-14 feels about right.


[Quote: Originally Posted by Lucan]

Saban will play 1st, 2nd, 3rd stringers for the 1st three games until he decides to complete the 1st stringers for the season, he will not run the score up on Michigan just to do it, if Alabama does jump out into a big lead, look for Saban to play his bench warmers a lot the second half...



I disagree here too.. Saban used to coach at MSU and absolutely hates Michigan.. while I'm sure he'll play a couple strings, it wouldn't surprise me to see him keep the pedal on the floor just because of his despise for UM when he was a Spartan

quote
bigbill365 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
bigbill365
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1867
Location: United States
#8
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:35:41 PM
You guys here michigan had some players training with the navy seals last weeknd maybe michigan will put up more of a fight then people think???
quote
packers1992 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
packers1992
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9774
Location: Michigan
#9
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:39:51 PM
i agree with bill i have them winning the big 10
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#10
Posted: 6/2/2012 3:50:31 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SatNightFever05:

Shocked to see you think that.. I think it's more of a question of if UM can stop Bama.. Bama's OL is will be the best in the country, while UM is replacing 3/4 of its DL and its best two players on defense (who were both on the DL).. I think Lacy is going to have a field day, that will setup playaction down the field.  On the flip side, Denard has speed for sure and will make some plays, but he's also prone to turning the ball over, throwing the ball into coverage, etc.. while I don't expect a blowout, something like 31-14 feels about right.


Originally Posted by Lucan]

Saban will play 1st, 2nd, 3rd stringers for the 1st three games until he decides to complete the 1st stringers for the season, he will not run the score up on Michigan just to do it, if Alabama does jump out into a big lead, look for Saban to play his bench warmers a lot the second half...



I disagree here too.. Saban used to coach at MSU and absolutely hates Michigan.. while I'm sure he'll play a couple strings, it wouldn't surprise me to see him keep the pedal on the floor just because of his despise for UM when he was a Spartan

Don't be shocked...don't believe the hype Alabama fans never think about losing, because that's just the Alabama haters talking garbage.

I'm not scared to say Alabama wins by 40 or will lose by 40, and Alabama football is nearly the one thing that makes me think life's worth living for.

Lacy likes to spin as he gets tackled, easy to game plan against because he nearly stops. Good coaches well pick that up, and they haven't had to worry about Lacy like they game planned for Ingram, Richardson since Lacy has been with Alabama. He will now get the attention Ingram and Richardson got. You will see!!!

Personally i think Fowler will be the better RB between them two he is a breast at 6'1 242lbs. He has Lacy by a 22lbs but he is the power house down hill RB. You think you seen Richardson carry players on his back wait to you see Fowler this season.

The name to remember is Dee Hart, this is Alabama's fulture RB star.

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hart_dee00.html

I'm hoping Saban will go to passing the ball more with his new OC, with McCarron under center. This youngman could win a heisman and will play in the NFL on Sundays.

Not sure how close you keep up with Alabama but Saban will and has since he has been at Alabama played his 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers up to his 1st #3 games to find the 1st stringers to play the season. Not every position but rightly so, he does this without failure every year.

Plus when he gets a good lead he pulls his starters, even if it's the 3rd quarter...the garbage drives me crazy. Damn it.

Pulling starters is rare amongst coaches only a few will let up running the score threw the roof. I guess one could say i hate Saban but damn he deserves repsect for not running up the score on my team.

Bear was the same way, it's funny how Saban has coached the same way like that. Along with filling their fingers with NC rings.

The reason i believe he does this is because he recruits the best talent in college football, and he most likely promise's them 3* 4* 5* players a chance to make his starting line up, so they will play at Alabama.

Now that was the kind of comment that will probably get a response to Alabama buys players. That again is the haters.

Alabama's depth is unbelieveable...

If you believe the sun is coming up tommorow you have got to believe Saban does not run the score up on any team. Although i think he could push that envolope, with enough caffeine on game day against Meyers, are Miles.

The Iron Bowl is a total different story, you would have to be from Alabama to understand how much both teams love to crush each other. It's expected from the fans that Saban beats the garbage out of Auburn, and Chizik is expected to do the same to Alabama.

If Saban lost to Auburn year after year after year he would be replaced at Alabama...it's all about the Iron Bowl trophy...in this State.

Look for a close game...national T.V spot light at night on ABC.

Michigan leads the series 2-1-0. They will be ready to battle.

If things does get out of hand nobody can blame the SEC officials because they will be coming out the BIG 12 for this game.

Close game my opinion. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#11
Posted: 6/2/2012 4:07:30 AM
One other thing,  Saban can't help it when his bench warmers run the score up...it's equal opportunity.
quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 13096
Location: Alabama
#12
Posted: 6/2/2012 5:01:46 AM
Greg Mattison is the real man behind the success like I said since day one he was hired there.
quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 13096
Location: Alabama
#13
Posted: 6/2/2012 5:03:01 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lucan:

I'm sure there will be a lot of people that hopes Alabama will lose, its just the nature of football fans after seeing them win the NCG two times in three years and the title coming back to the State of Alabama for 3 years back to back, thank you Auburn "Go Tigers"  unless people or laying money on them that is, or they or an Alabama fan. 

This game probably will be the only game Meyer has rooted for Alabama to win in his life. "Go Buckeyes"

Fact:

Alabama kicked off the BCS beating Florida, and Alabama ended it being to good, if they go to a playoff system this season.

As an Alabama fan i don't think they beat Michigan by 17+, the speed of Robinson is not something the players in the SEC or used too.

Michigan will play harder this game then any they play all year, as all do playing Alabama.

Alabama's defense will not be what it was last year, i look for this to be a close game with Alabama winning by 7 or less points.

Saban will play 1st, 2nd, 3rd stringers for the 1st three games until he decides to complete the 1st stringers for the season, he will not run the score up on Michigan just to do it, if Alabama does jump out into a big lead, look for Saban to play his bench warmers a lot the second half...

As a kid i loved to see the match ups with Michigan, ND, Nebraska i'm gald this one has come back.

Saban does like to bite a big named team to start the seasons out, one day its going to bite him back.

So the conference with the most speed is not used to the speed of Michigans QB? 
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#14
Posted: 6/2/2012 3:26:05 PM

JWheels,

Yes the SEC see's some speed with the RB out the back field, at QB no so much. I'm not saying a QB has not played in the SEC with speed, i'm saying the SEC is not used to a Denard Robinson.

There's a difference with a RB running out the back field with Michigan then the QB. Robinson at his size, he can get behind a TE, or OL blocking and jet out like someone has stepped on a rabbit.

If he breaks containment all he needs is a small hole. If he's in a shotgun formation he can pick his holes and blockers. I seen enough of his play that i know if he gets infront it's tail lights.

Back when Robinson 1st played at Michigan the one thing i noticed was his stride 5+ yards in two steps once he hits open field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1402kDBdTU&feature=related

What's it say in the youtube video over 4,700 yds passing in highschool and 44 TD's that's 4* 5* stats. Don't think he can't sling the football.

As far as turnovers what QB don't make turnovers...

He has not gotten worst since his freshmen year. What happens years in college football for a QB with talent/speed  ?

They learn to read defensive's, they get used to running behind their DL. They hit the weight room more, they study, and study tape, and they get better.

I'm not going to keep patting Robinson on his back like i won't to set in his lap. If you watched Michigan you already know his speed.

Look how Cam done in the SEC, Cam running behind Robinson, all he could do is smell Robinson's farts.

 

 

 

quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#15
Posted: 6/2/2012 3:35:10 PM

 

JWheels,

Yes the SEC see's some speed with the RB out the back field, at QB not so much. I'm not saying a QB has not played in the SEC with speed, i'm saying the SEC is not used to a Denard Robinson.

There's a difference with a RB running out the back field with Michigan then the QB. Robinson at his size, he can get behind a TE, or OL blocking and jet out like someone has stepped on a rabbit.

If he breaks containment all he needs is a small hole. If he's in a shotgun formation he can pick his holes and blockers. I seen enough of his play that i know if he gets infront it's tail lights.

Back when Robinson 1st played at Michigan the one thing i noticed was his stride 5+ yards in two steps once he hits open field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1402kDBdTU&feature=related

What's it say in the youtube video over 4,700 yds passing in highschool and 44 TD's that's 4* 5* stats. Don't think he can't sling the football.

As far as turnovers what QB don't make turnovers...

He has not gotten worst since his freshmen year. What happens years in college football for a QB with talent/speed  ?

They learn to read defensive's, they get used to running behind their DL. They hit the weight room more, they study, and study tape, and they get better.

I'm not going to keep patting Robinson on his back like i won't to set in his lap. If you watched Michigan you already know his speed.

Look how Cam done in the SEC, Cam running behind Robinson, all he could do is smell Robinson's farts.

quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 38598
Location: Missouri
#16
Posted: 6/2/2012 5:58:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lucan:

College Football Live, just said Brady Hoke has sent his senoirs to train with the Navy Seals, getting them ready for this season.

I think Brady Hoke will be a great fit for Michigan. Can't wait for the Alabama vs Michigan game!!!

GL Michigan fans...

Roll-Tide

 

 

 


I think it would take Navy Seals with guns to stop the Bama running attack.....the Wolverines have zero chance of doing that. The Bama defense is too smart and strong and Denard cant pass that well.....thats a bad combo for Michigan .........
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#17
Posted: 6/3/2012 3:22:39 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by TRAIN69:


I think it would take Navy Seals with guns to stop the Bama running attack.....the Wolverines have zero chance of doing that. The Bama defense is too smart and strong and Denard cant pass that well.....thats a bad combo for Michigan .........

That's a strong statement navy seals with guns,  Michigan better watch out.

quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 38598
Location: Missouri
#18
Posted: 6/3/2012 7:36:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lucan:

That's a strong statement navy seals with guns,  Michigan better watch out.


Indeed.
quote
Boom_Boom send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Boom_Boom
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16327
Location: South Carolina
#19
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:30:38 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by Lucan]


I'm not scared to say Alabama wins by 40 or will lose by 40, and Alabama football is nearly the one thing that makes me think life's worth living for.


 

 

 

 

Interesting



Most people say things like family or whatever.




Just pulling your chain. Im a sick college football freak too...




quote
bense197969 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
bense197969
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4781
Location: Michigan
#20
Posted: 6/4/2012 8:17:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:


I think it would take Navy Seals with guns to stop the Bama running attack.....the Wolverines have zero chance of doing that. The Bama defense is too smart and strong and Denard cant pass that well.....thats a bad combo for Michigan .........



TRAIN......you are a wise man.  I know this because I agree with you.......and I am wise 
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 38598
Location: Missouri
#21
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:19:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bense197969:




TRAIN......you are a wise man.  I know this because I agree with you.......and I am wise 
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#22
Posted: 6/5/2012 5:38:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

Originally Posted by Lucan]


I'm not scared to say Alabama wins by 40 or will lose by 40, and Alabama football is nearly the one thing that makes me think life's worth living for.


 

 

 

 

Interesting



Most people say things like family or whatever.




Just pulling your chain. Im a sick college football freak too...




  That's why i said nearly 

Just the kids, not the old lady she comes after Alabama football.

 

 

 

quote
LonghornHoosier
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
LonghornHoosier
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3808
Location: Texas
#23
Posted: 6/13/2012 3:17:20 PM
if DR can be competent in the passing game, this may be a good game...Bama is good, there is no question.  They are well coached and they have talent.   I think Saban will remind them that they are ripe for an upset and have to be focussed.  But, I think this game will be competitive.  I thnk Bama will win, but it won't be a blow out,  the spread right now in 12.   I think by game time the public will bet it up to 14.5.  I think Michigan will lose, but cover in a hard fought game...
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 6039
Location: Texas
#24
Posted: 6/13/2012 5:59:09 PM
On paper a NIGHTMARISH match-up for Michigan......
        >> they (should) get murdered

Anybody watch the Michigan/Va Tech game?
Most remember......well Michigan won!
 
errrr.....yes.... but they got destroyed...at the LOS....

Bama D is down some sure.....but fairly safe to say they are better than the 2011 Hokie D.....
     *UM managed only 184 TO (3.5/play).....56 rushing (1.9/rush).....12 FD...4/13 on 3rd....I (small bet on Michigan).....mainly remember the UGLY sight of DR as a DROP-BACK passer......note to offensive (genius?) Al Borges.....that's stupid...............only once a quarter or so maybe to loosen D......launch one deep...maybe get a PI?........

answer?......SPRINT his behind out....plus bootleg /misdirection/ underneath stuff...TE dragging across.....make Bama tackle in space....cut block their behind to death.....make them RUN (forced to rotate more than they want) ......getting their best players off the field more......

I'm not confident Michigan is smart enough to do this...

BUT......I would expect a workman-like effort from Bama (kinda what we saw LY at Penn St)
as it's a long year....Saban doesn't want a sell-out effort here (@ Arkansas in 2 weeks)....so only a small play either way......Bama makes sense if <10....a case for Michigan if > 13-14
     *for me only stuff like 1H UNDER.....or .....if game tight at halftime ....2H play Bama and/or UNDER....or maybe OVER.....if Michigan is moving ball... 

 
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 38598
Location: Missouri
#25
Posted: 6/13/2012 6:23:08 PM
I'll probably take Michigan if I can get 14 or so.....Saban aint gonna run up the score ....he'll continue to pound the ball up the middle and sit on a lead
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 12  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.