Messages

Forum Index : Las Vegas : Messages Page 18 of 18 «  14 15 16 17 18  
Author: [Las Vegas] Topic: Minimum needed to live the dream
ShadowWarrior
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ShadowWarrior
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 7067
Location: Hawaii
#426
Posted: 7/28/2013 11:22:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Squirrel_Hunter:

Good post, I am considering doing this Oct. of 2014 when I retire. My pension will be $14,000/ yr or so and will have about $10K in savings. Places seem to be dirt cheap there.

Heard u can buy a home for 60k there.  Probably a repo.  Lots of islanders have transmigrated to US mainland.  Some have done very well in CA, AZ, WA and other locations.  The high cost of living here has kept many away from returning.  An article here said a home sold here might get 6 or 7homes say in Detroit, MI.   420k divided by 60k.  Probably freeze there,  heat might kill me in NV or at least the AC bills.  The place won't make you happy if you are not happy IMO.
Most of us are searching for external or material rewards for our happiness.  I learned a long time ago that you need a combination of health, wealth and harmony to have happiness and then it will all be temporary as life itself.!

quote
blindskillz
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
blindskillz
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 453
Location: Florida
#427
Posted: 8/1/2013 11:12:03 AM
Liked the thread alot guys, just got finished reading it. Can't wait for week 1 in a few weeks. GL
quote
Danrules24 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Station |
Danrules24
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2454
Location: Nevada
#428
Posted: 8/1/2013 3:15:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior:


Heard u can buy a home for 60k there.  Probably a repo.  Lots of islanders have transmigrated to US mainland.  Some have done very well in CA, AZ, WA and other locations.  The high cost of living here has kept many away from returning.  An article here said a home sold here might get 6 or 7homes say in Detroit, MI.   420k divided by 60k.  Probably freeze there,  heat might kill me in NV or at least the AC bills.  The place won't make you happy if you are not happy IMO.
Most of us are searching for external or material rewards for our happiness.  I learned a long time ago that you need a combination of health, wealth and harmony to have happiness and then it will all be temporary as life itself.!

I don't think you'd want to live in the areas where you can get a repo for $60k. If you want to live somewhere decent like Summerlin expect to pay at least $90 a sq ft minimum. Inventory is very low and prices are going up for any decent areas. I bought here almost a year ago to the day and my condo has gone from $138k to over $160k (based on recent comps). 1466 sq ft.

quote
Jayvegas420
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
Jayvegas420
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 244
Location: Canada
#429
Posted: 8/1/2013 10:58:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by blindskillz:

Liked the thread alot guys, just got finished reading it. Can't wait for week 1 in a few weeks. GL


By far, my favourite thread on this site.
quote
FrankPlaayer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
FrankPlaayer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
Location: Nevada
#430
Posted: 8/2/2013 12:01:36 PM
It can be done...before moving, try your plays out with an online sportsbook over the course of a year, with light money. If you make money, then do it. If not, you won't have wasted moving expenses or caused the local coroner money by cleaning up the mess you left when you put the .45 underneath your chin (sorry, its the Hunter Thompson romantic in me).
quote
Jayvegas420
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
Jayvegas420
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 244
Location: Canada
#431
Posted: 8/2/2013 10:27:21 PM
One losing year does not a completed effort make.


I kinda get what you're saying but, I've had losing years & winning years.

Vegas provides cash in hand right after you leave your poker seat, or 2 mins. after a game ends.
Online isn't really like that.
Cash in hand is a huge advantage of gambling right in Vegas.
quote
BIGfnPOO
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BIGfnPOO
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 14185
Location: United States
#432
Posted: 8/3/2013 3:08:13 AM
Cash in hand is a huge advantage of gambling right in Vegas.
quote
mylife23
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mylife23
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 909
Location: California
#433
Posted: 8/6/2013 3:41:45 AM
sure is otherwise you're just looking at that total in your account and instead of cashing out each game because withdrawals are complicated and multiple withdrawals cost which annoy me lol
quote
mylife23
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mylife23
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 909
Location: California
#434
Posted: 8/6/2013 3:43:10 AM
then you can give it all back with ease online..instead of getting that cash immediately after a game ends pending you get the win
quote
Jayvegas420
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
Jayvegas420
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 244
Location: Canada
#435
Posted: 9/17/2013 4:19:44 AM

RIP NewYorkSlim

OCT 2009 - AUG 2013

quote
fabdesign send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
fabdesign
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 0
Location:
#436
Posted: 9/23/2013 11:41:47 AM

If "living the dream" means NOT having a real job and ONLY betting on sports, I would highly advise against that notion.

I feel confident I could make a living at craps, but my long-term success came in an environment where I wasn't betting my rent money. Always have a job that at least pays the bills.

In craps, I would win on average 8 out of 9 times (I started by taking $800 to win $200) but you must have excellent Money Management skills. That is the key. Gamblers wust also think like bankers.

In College Football, for 3 years running, I win 2 out of every 3 bets on average. I treat all these activities like investments. I track them very closely. I make 3 bets per week, and based on my success, increase the amounts conservatively. But I my own business that pays the bills. VERY IMPORTANT. You cannot make wise decisions if your family's food ration is on the line.

Go contribute something to society. Then it'll be easier to get rich at the Sports Book off your bankroll. And you can have a ball earning your Blow Money at the Book. That's living!

quote
Crashdavis565
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Crashdavis565
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 11882
Location: Colorado
#437
Posted: 9/23/2013 4:14:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by fabdesign:

If "living the dream" means NOT having a real job and ONLY betting on sports, I would highly advise against that notion.

I feel confident I could make a living at craps, but my long-term success came in an environment where I wasn't betting my rent money. Always have a job that at least pays the bills.

In craps, I would win on average 8 out of 9 times (I started by taking $800 to win $200) but you must have excellent Money Management skills. That is the key. Gamblers wust also think like bankers.

In College Football, for 3 years running, I win 2 out of every 3 bets on average. I treat all these activities like investments. I track them very closely. I make 3 bets per week, and based on my success, increase the amounts conservatively. But I my own business that pays the bills. VERY IMPORTANT. You cannot make wise decisions if your family's food ration is on the line.

Go contribute something to society. Then it'll be easier to get rich at the Sports Book off your bankroll. And you can have a ball earning your Blow Money at the Book. That's living!


People do not even understand the simplest of odds....
quote
golfkat send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bally's Las Vegas |
golfkat
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1654
Location: New York
#438
Posted: 9/24/2013 6:56:32 PM

Here is an example of the dream gone bad.  I knew this guy, he was not that bad a gambler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYv5_WgxPo0

quote
Louis_IV
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Louis_IV
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 32974
Location: Ohio
#439
Posted: 10/25/2013 3:17:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by golfkat:

Here is an example of the dream gone bad.  I knew this guy, he was not that bad a gambler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYv5_WgxPo0


meyer
quote
666LES send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
666LES
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2227
Location: New York
#440
Posted: 10/26/2013 11:13:20 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by fabdesign:

If "living the dream" means NOT having a real job and ONLY betting on sports, I would highly advise against that notion.

I feel confident I could make a living at craps, but my long-term success came in an environment where I wasn't betting my rent money. Always have a job that at least pays the bills.

In craps, I would win on average 8 out of 9 times (I started by taking $800 to win $200) but you must have excellent Money Management skills. That is the key. Gamblers wust also think like bankers.

In College Football, for 3 years running, I win 2 out of every 3 bets on average. I treat all these activities like investments. I track them very closely. I make 3 bets per week, and based on my success, increase the amounts conservatively. But I my own business that pays the bills. VERY IMPORTANT. You cannot make wise decisions if your family's food ration is on the line.

Go contribute something to society. Then it'll be easier to get rich at the Sports Book off your bankroll. And you can have a ball earning your Blow Money at the Book. That's living!

   Think like a banker? You're talking like a tourist.At best,you're a liar or a cheat and this is your first post too.Welcome to Covers.com.
quote
phillyfranko
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
phillyfranko
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3770
Location: Delaware
#441
Posted: 11/20/2013 5:03:13 AM
LOve this thread..Retired since Nov 09' and have been wanting to try and live in Vegas and bet sports, craps, and horses. I have won each of the last 4 years at a local casino and online...Vegas would be awesome. I can do it.
quote
Forum Index : Las Vegas : Messages Page 18 of 18 «  14 15 16 17 18  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.