Ohio State at Louisiana State (01/07/2008)

Forum: The Archives Page 3 of 13 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [The Archives] Topic: Ohio State at Louisiana State (01/07/2008)
Hunted466 PM Hunted466
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 746
 
Hunted466
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/27/2007 11:27:16 AM
[Quote: Originally Posted by danejarus83]

Simple logic would indicate if someone/something backs out, then something/something backs in.  For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  - Issac Newton

 

Thanks for the lesson professor but if you understood logic then that statment is entirely false. One backing out does not require it's counter part to "back in". It must simply go forward to fill the void. -Hunted466

 

Anyone that thinks this will be a rerun... I have 10 units if you are willing to put your money where your mouth is. We can use a third party poster to hold the cash.

Cmon stabo, DoBrown back it up. Give me 30 points and you've got a bet. It's easy money boys.

 

Go Buckeyes!

hawkeyefan1433 PM hawkeyefan1433
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3235
 
hawkeyefan1433
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/27/2007 11:39:56 AM
Hunted, i respect you, but what the hell are you talking about not backing in. They were ranked 5 when they finished the season, and ended up number 1, how is that not backing in? If WVU and Missouri won the last week, they wouldn't be in, so them backing out, they backed in. 4 teams ranked ahead of them lost in the last 2 weeks, if even 2 of them won, they wouldn't be here. I dont see how this isn't backing in. Once again, i respect you, but i just don't see how they didn't back in. They were 3 spots away when they finished the season.
Hunted466 PM Hunted466
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 746
 
Hunted466
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/27/2007 12:06:20 PM
It's a play on words hawkeye. They were happy to be going to the Rose Bowl until everyone else backed out. You can't back in when the whole crowd in front of you takes a step backwards. They were just standing in the same spot. Hence they didn't "back" in.
 
Capiche my friend
hawkeyefan1433 PM hawkeyefan1433
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3235
 
hawkeyefan1433
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/27/2007 12:28:43 PM
i see, but i guess my thinking was they didn't do anything to get in there, so they backed in.
Hunted466 PM Hunted466
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 746
 
Hunted466
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/27/2007 2:34:35 PM
They did something. They went 11-1 and that's all it took. Everybody blames the Buckeyes that their teams blew it. Based on the formula for the BCS National Title game, the Buckeyes are #1. That's just the hard facts. Nobody can argue that. (But they will)
hawkeyefan1433 PM hawkeyefan1433
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3235
 
hawkeyefan1433
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/27/2007 3:10:03 PM
good point hunted, they do deserve to play for it. They were the only team with 1 loss besides Hawaii and Kansas. Just consider yourself lucky that you didn't have to play my hawkeyes this year
Chuckles11 PM Chuckles11
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 69
 
Chuckles11
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/27/2007 11:08:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Optimist:

OHIO STATE will take a backyard good ole boy behind whoopin just like Florida pounced that behind last year.  May the South rise again!!!  The over is the play here.  darn BIG 10


This is chuckles wife (not him) and I think that good ole boy behind whoopin will be coming to you courtesy of OSU.  Just because you are in the SEC does not mean you are unbeatable.  We deserve to be in the BCS championship, so let us be there.   How in the hell do you justify going from 7th to 2nd because other teams lost????

Let the game begin (1/7/08) Go Buckeyes 

stabo PM stabo
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 16
 
stabo
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/28/2007 9:21:49 AM
You OSU guys are loyal if nothing else LSU is going to play with you boys like a ball of yarn. Your whole conferance is weak and will be exposed throughout the remainder of bowls the Purdue clowns should have lost and deserved to after blowing such a lead. OSU will be lucky to even score boys playing with men thats the way this will play out.
danstyk PM danstyk
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1438
 
danstyk
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/28/2007 12:23:30 PM
There are TONS of other threads in the general college football forums for all the bullshite BigTen and SEC haters to bash each other.  I am so damn sick of that I cannot tell you.  You people who keep up with the conference hating add NOTHING to this discussion of who will win, and more importantly, who will cover.

Let's make this an NCB thread -- NO CONFERENCE BASHING!  And that goes for all y'all! 
  
              
buyubengal PM buyubengal
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2024
 
buyubengal
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/29/2007 12:53:33 AM
  lsu is rested and will cover up to 9 points dorsey has played at 40% since being chop blocked against auburn.  doucet will be healthy and so will mini me t. holiday .  This will be a great game and i am just glad to be alive and able to have witnessed such a crazy season!!!   GLTA
stabo PM stabo
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 16
 
stabo
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/29/2007 8:16:00 AM
No hate here Danstyk just calling it as it is, as a bettor and football fan I get sick of teams and conferances getting passes based on tradition etc,,, it's not what you did for me 10 years ago that matters its today baby. USC is a prime example they chose to play ILL thinking its a give me game. They should have and could have played a better team, that said I'm all over ILL getting 13.5  I believe  ILL has the best chance of all the Big Ten teams to win. Good luck
jreppel PM jreppel
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 70
 
jreppel
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/29/2007 11:29:15 AM
When LSU has had a month to prepare for a game under Les Miles, They have blown out their opponents.  Miami (Peach bowl) 40-3 and Notre Dame (Sugar bowl) 41-14.  We also destroyed Va Tech this year and a lot of people said we couldn't score on thier D.  The SEC is the toughest conf out there and now we have had some time to heal up!  LSU wins this game!!!
 
LSU 34 - 17
Hunted466 PM Hunted466
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 746
 
Hunted466
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/29/2007 2:33:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Chuckles11:


This is chuckles wife (not him) and I think that good ole boy behind whoopin will be coming to you courtesy of OSU.  Just because you are in the SEC does not mean you are unbeatable.  We deserve to be in the BCS championship, so let us be there.   How in the hell do you justify going from 7th to 2nd because other teams lost????

Let the game begin (1/7/08) Go Buckeyes 

 

Ahhh, a girl after my own heart!

 

Hmmmm. Still no takers on that wager. Where are the balls on you SEC boys? You may have to take a loan out on the trailer to make it but if you win you can step up to a double-wide.

THE OLD MAJOR PM THE OLD MAJOR
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 132
 
THE OLD MAJOR
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/29/2007 6:22:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gobigblu4evr:

Neither one of these teams deserves this game. It just doesn't feel right.

YOUR EXCATLY RIGHT,LSU DAMN SURE DOESN'T,THE TENN QUARTER BACK GAVE THEM THE LAST GAME THEY WON,ACORDING TO WIN AND LOSS KANSAS AND HAWAII HAVE BETTER RECORDS??? THEY GOT NO RESPEST AND USC AND GEORGIA MAKES ALLOT MORE SINCE THAN ILL AND USC IN THE ROSE BOWL IJUST DON'T SEE A TWO TIME LOSER PLAYING FOR NO 1??? I ALSO THINK USC WOULD BEAT ANY OF THEM RIGHT NOW,THIS IS ANOTHER MESSED UP END OF THE SEASON AND ANOTHER GOOD REASON FOR A PLAY OFF

PERIOD???

foxybrown PM foxybrown
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 44
 
foxybrown
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/30/2007 4:57:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by D147983:

This will be ugly for the Buckeyes:
 
LSU 41
OSU 14  <--- Look familiar?
I'm really looking at a much lower score then what you quote...maybe...osu 24..lsu 17..to my estimate this is low for the BUCKEYES!
foxybrown PM foxybrown
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 44
 
foxybrown
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/30/2007 4:59:10 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Optimist:

OHIO STATE will take a backyard good ole boy behind whoopin just like Florida pounced that behind last year.  May the South rise again!!!  The over is the play here.  darn BIG 10
mcwarner1 PM mcwarner1
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 471
 
mcwarner1
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/31/2007 2:06:28 AM
somebody knock optimist the darn out plz, he is the type of person that gives us a southerners a bad name, go back to your spot in deliverance we don't want you or need you
mcwarner1 PM mcwarner1
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 471
 
mcwarner1
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/31/2007 2:09:46 AM
with that being said i got LSU -4, its hard to play in cajun country, the stadium will be nuts and the players will be pumped, however i do belive osu has a better defense by far, but i do not belive they are capable of shutting down hester, and dorsey on defense will give osu a run for their money with constant pressure, im an sec fan but i believe the line might be the other way if this game were played up north. i just personally belive hester is to hard to stop he is a bulldoze and always gets his 4 or 5 yards a carry plus he is super reliable especially in difficult situations
Tex-101 PM Tex-101
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1548
 
Tex-101
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/31/2007 9:57:31 PM
Leaning LSU -4
CollegeSharp PM CollegeSharp
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2742
 
CollegeSharp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/1/2008 7:42:43 AM
I have a $500 4-team parlay and this is the last game I need to hit it, LSU,  to win $5000  GO TIGERS!!!!   Be good to me baby!
Hunted466 PM Hunted466
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 746
 
Hunted466
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 1/1/2008 5:04:56 PM
Michigan just beat the Gators????? Where is all that SEC speed boys??
geauxtigers5 PM geauxtigers5
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 61
 
geauxtigers5
Participation Meter
Covers Rehab
Posted: 1/1/2008 10:02:36 PM
Hunted you have made your point, you think OSU will win this game SU. That is fine you are entitled to your opinion! As for your point about Michigan beating the gators, i dont believe that is valid in this situation due to that fact that OSU doesn't have an NFL type reciever like Manningham, or Arrington(What a catch!!!!!) LSU's cornerbacks Chevis Jackson and jonathon Zenon will handle Robiskie and co. with no problem! Don't forget Dorsey will finally be healthy since getting hurt in the Auburn game, that will play huge in stopping OSU run game! LSU wins by atleast a TD!
 
 
 
theflowingrobes PM theflowingrobes
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 49
 
theflowingrobes
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/2/2008 12:12:22 AM
If you look at the last 3 games LSU's defense has been giving up ~29 pts a game and 440 yds.  What has happened to the Run D?  Giving up ~220 yds on average over the last three games on the ground.  Ohio St. averages over 200 yards on the ground.
 
Ohio State in the the last three held Mich, ILL, and Wisc. who all run the ball very well to an average of 95 yards over those three games.  consistently stopping the run....
 
While I think this will be a tight game, I think Ohio St. also has some pride to play for after last year's big loss.
 
Leaning towards Ohio St. and the points 4.5 points....SEC mania and last year's game still fresh in the minds of odds makers and bettors...
 
 
jeff-bob PM jeff-bob
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 914
 
jeff-bob
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:48:39 AM
I cant stop thinking Ohio here. 
silcoxjm PM silcoxjm
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 146
 
silcoxjm
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/2/2008 2:10:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by geauxtigers5:

As for your point about Michigan beating the gators, i dont believe that is valid in this situation due to that fact that OSU doesn't have an NFL type reciever like Manningham, or Arrington(What a catch!!!!!) LSU's cornerbacks Chevis Jackson and jonathon Zenon will handle Robiskie and co. with no problem! Don't forget Dorsey will finally be healthy since getting hurt in the Auburn game, that will play huge in stopping OSU
 
 
 

 

Robiskie and Hartline will both play in the NFL when they are done at OSU. They may not be first rounders like Manningham, but they are NFL type receivers. OSU doesn't start many guys at WR who aren't good enough for the NFL. In terms of one team's CBs possibly shutting down the other's WRs, I'd take OSU's two guys over LSU's and I think so will the NFL.

Forum: The Archives Page 3 of 13 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.