Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Ron Paul Supporters Part 3
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4981
Location: United States
#1
Posted: 6/6/2012 2:04:05 PM
Are there any Paul supporters voting for Romney?

I get the impression most Ron Paul supporters are closet Obama supporters. You will find numerous examples of Paul supporters criticizing Romney on his religion, his dog, and career at Bain. You will not find any threads criticizing Obama.

Yes, you will get the token threads about Paul supporters saying "I don't like Obama or Romney" but you will find no specific criticism of Obama: You can criticize Obama on Obamacare, Cap & Trade, the Stimulus, TARP, his appointees, etc. 

If you Paul supporters do not like Obama then what are some specific reasons?

My opinion is the reason Paul supporters do not call Obama out on his policies is because you do not disagree with his policies. If you disagree with his policies then you would be voting for Romney. 

If Romney is elected Obamacare will be repealed. If Romney is elected there will be no talk of Cap and Trade. If Romney is elected the economy will grow because Romney knows the govt doesn't create jobs but they can destroy jobs. If Romney is elected there will be no more Eric Holder, Cass Sunstein, Solyndra, Fair Share, Bush blaming, etc.


quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4981
Location: United States
#2
Posted: 6/6/2012 2:07:22 PM
I forgot to add there are Paul supporters who are "Paul or nobody" and you know who you are. Even though I disagree with that philosophy I know you guys aren't Obama supporters.
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5862
Location: Nevada
#3
Posted: 6/6/2012 3:20:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:

I forgot to add there are Paul supporters who are "
Paul or nobody" and you know who you are. Even though I disagree with that philosophy I know you guys aren't Obama supporters.

I'm one of these supporters. And quite honestly I would rather be a "Paul or nobody" than an "anybody but Obama". Although I would vote for Gary Johnson if he had more traction or Paul were to completely remove himself from all Presidential consideration. 

It's not so much that I like Obama over Romney. I don't trust either and I don't feel there is really any fundamental difference in either.

I admit I am not real familiar with Obamacare. But I heard that Romney basically instituted the same thing in Mass. Is this true? If not, what is the difference between Romneycare and Obamacare? 

I won't vote for Romney because I don't like how he has flip flopped over the years on issues. I don't really mind not agreeing with a candidate on everything(I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything). What I can't get behind is a guy that changes his stance so frequently. Ron Paul has stood by his beliefs even when they weren't popular main stream ideas. 

I am not a fan of Obama. I was back in '08, not because I thought I would get free money or be taken care of by the gov. But because he promised we would be out of Iraq within 16 months of him taking office. Obviously that didn't happen. Employment down and debt up as well. I'm not a fan of that. 

I understand that this race is going to be Romney vs. Obama come Nov. If Paul runs as an independent he will obviously steal some votes from people like me. I just refuse to compromise my beliefs anymore. Years ago I would have voted for the guy I thought was the lesser of two evils. And this is the route that some people will take, and that is ok for them to do that. 

I just can't compromise my beliefs for popular opinion. I did that garbage in high school. Well high school is done and this isn't a popularity contest. I'm sticking to my guns and beliefs on this one Canv. I just with more people would do the same because that is how the momentum will build to really make a difference in this country. Not picking the lesser of two evils that are essentially backed by the same corporations that are really running our country anyway. 


quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 21483
Location: United States
#4
Posted: 6/6/2012 3:50:04 PM
that's a fair question. 

i agree that you can't differentiate obama and romney on obama care because of romney care.  also, i'm guessing that most people don't really know what the darn is going on with romneycare or obamacare except what they heard on foxnews or cnn so they aren't educated enough about it to discuss it intelligently.  no one has read it anyway, right.

i don't like obama's drug policy and he has lied about it constantly.

i don't like obama's foreign policy as we are still in way too many places where we have no reasonable business and our money is betetr spent in other places.

i really don't like how obama has surrounded himself with the same corrupt fool that surrounded bush.  this is unforgiveable to me.

i can't get a handle on obama's spending, how much is necessitated by what he inherited, how much room to maneuver he has, how much obstruction he's faced, how much he could be doing to reduce spending.  i think it's too complicated to really know and the media distorts this issue to no end.

i do like obama's general immigration strategy.

while i said a while ago i'm voting for gary johnson and i don't like oabam, i think romney is worse because he's all the negatives plus he comes with the cancerous religious righwing nutjob element. 
quote
Nut_Flopper send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
Nut_Flopper
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2160
Location: California
#5
Posted: 6/6/2012 4:10:00 PM
Obama didn't do what he said he would, why should he deserve another chance? Just another typical full of garbage politician.

To me Romney and Obama are interchangeable there isn't going to be much difference in my opinion. So when either Obama or Romney wins it doesn't really matter because we are fucked either way.

Like Ktrain I don't agree 100% on every issue with Ron Paul but he by far makes the most sense to me. I am voting Ron Paul so I can have a clear conscience and not vote for the "lesser of two evils" between the terrible main candidates.

quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4981
Location: United States
#6
Posted: 6/6/2012 4:29:02 PM
Before I heard Romney's answer on RomneyCare I too thought that would be a problem. His answer was it was what Mass. wanted. He said there are things he would do different knowing what he knows now. He also said it should be a state's rights issue. That's what I liked most about his answer. If a state wants to have govt run healthcare, happy marriage, legal drugs, etc, then go for it.

As far as the flip-flopping, I think most people would use the abortion issue as their example of him flip-flopping. His answer on that was although he has always been personally against abortion (I know we hear that a lot) he wasn't going to pass any legislation which would go against Roe v. Wade.

I would have voted for Paul if he got the nomination because I am a less govt kind of guy. However, he didn't get the nomination. You guys may think Romney and Obama are no different when it comes to govt intrusion but the examples I listed above differentiate Romney from Obama.
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 21483
Location: United States
#7
Posted: 6/6/2012 4:38:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:

Before I heard Romney's answer on RomneyCare I too thought that would be a problem. His answer was it was what Mass. wanted. He said there are things he would do different knowing what he knows now. He also said it should be a state's rights issue. That's what I liked most about his answer. If a state wants to have govt run healthcare, happy marriage, legal drugs, etc, then go for it.

As far as the flip-flopping, I think most people would use the abortion issue as their example of him flip-flopping. His answer on that was although he has always been personally against abortion (I know we hear that a lot) he wasn't going to pass any legislation which would go against Roe v. Wade.

I would have voted for Paul if he got the nomination because I am a less govt kind of guy. However, he didn't get the nomination. You guys may think Romney and Obama are no different when it comes to govt intrusion but the examples I listed above differentiate Romney from Obama.


what that tells me is romney the governor will tell the mass people what they want to hear and romney the presidential candidate will tell the american people what they want to hear.  in other words, he'll say wha he needs to say to get elected or keep his job.  now, part of that job is doing what the people you represent want but when it changes based on the jbo description, what i see is someone just trying to grab a job so he can reap the benefits and help out his donors. in that way, i don't distinguish him from obama.  
quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4981
Location: United States
#8
Posted: 6/6/2012 4:42:59 PM
We'll call a wash on Romney's stance on abortion with Obama's stance on happy marriage.
quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13563
Location: United States
#9
Posted: 6/6/2012 4:45:49 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by canovsp:

We'll call a wash on Romney's stance on abortion with Obama's stance on happy marriage.

Sillly comparison.

Then again, this thread simply showcases right wing lemming mentality gone wild.

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 21483
Location: United States
#10
Posted: 6/6/2012 4:49:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:

We'll call a wash on Romney's stance on abortion with Obama's stance on happy marriage.



i guess it depends.  if romney wants to keep abortion legal as it is, i'm good with that.  and i support obama's recent stance on happy marriage.

so, i can add

whatever romney's position is, i like obama's position on abortion.

i like obama's position on happy marriage.  i don't like romney's.  and while i understand while happy people and people against bigots make an issue about it, i wish the religious nuts would shut the darn up about it and maybe focus on much more significant "family values" issues like divorce, adultery and child molestation. 
quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 24399
Location: United States
#11
Posted: 6/6/2012 5:57:11 PM
Honestly if newt was running I would actually consider it.

But the fact that the the tea party marched out bachman. And the GOP actually considered trump, Cain, perry, santorum etc.

Is just laughable and makes me wonder all along how serious they really are about the whole thing.

And how conservative they really are as they did not nominated the most conservative candidate with the most conservative values. So what does that day about so called conservatives?

I think this whole thing has really made independents like myself question the integrity of the GOP party and what they actually stand for based on actions rather then what the direction they seem to portray.

Canosvp I remember you talking about being scared of events with Paul in the first thread, but perhaps you should have been more worried with how this makes the GOPs look like to the growing number of non-partisan voters
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4981
Location: United States
#12
Posted: 6/6/2012 6:27:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Sillly comparison.

Then again, this thread simply showcases right wing lemming mentality gone wild.


I'm sure it's a silly comparison if you ask Obama supporters but if you were to ask a Romney supporter it would be a great comparison.

If a right wing lemming is someone supporting Romney is a left wing lemming someone supporting Obama?
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15415
Location: Pennsylvania
#13
Posted: 6/6/2012 6:38:04 PM
The only thing that matters is the economy. That's what politics is and always has been about, Political Economy. Everything else comes after the economy, naturally, because without an economy you have nothing else of which to tax, govern, bicker about etc.

So i differentiate the prospective candidates, based on the economics. Paul, like Romney and Obama, seem to be trapped in the two dimensional Chinese Finger trap that is neo-classical economics. A vote for any of the three, is a vote for more of the same. At least that's how i see it. I know there's plenty of Paul supporters here that can talk his book, so feel free to correct me if i am wrong, but has Ron Paul ever uttered a breath about the rot at the core of our system?(neo-classical economics)

Only guy on the ballot that gets it

link
quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#14
Posted: 6/6/2012 7:03:18 PM

i believe paul is a believer in the austrian school of econmics

praxeology

quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15415
Location: Pennsylvania
#15
Posted: 6/6/2012 7:16:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rooster010:

i believe paul is a believer in the austrian school of econmics

praxeology



you know i know this

but we're still asking the wrong questions

The herd persecutes this boogey man 1% as the enemy of the 99%. I say boogey man, because they can't even finger who the 1% is. The herd blindly assumes that because someone has wealth, that they are guilty, but the danger in that approach is missing the ball altogether. It's not a matter of how much someone has, that is evil or wrong, it is HOW THEY ACQUIRE said wealth that is what we must put to scrutiny if we are to fix any of the problems at the heart of this mess

not all billionaires are created equal

I'll ask the question again

In the Ron Paul world of America under libertarian reign and austrian economic leaders, CAN LAND BE CAPITAL? Can land ever be capital?  One would think that in a nation of Capitalists, everyone should know what does and does not constitute, capital, no? For confusion of capital in a world of capitalists would be, well, I'm not sure what you'd call it, i guess, what we have now? call it 'this'? When i look out my window and see past those purty blueberry bushes, it seems that people don't really know what Capital is. Bizarre
quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#16
Posted: 6/6/2012 7:20:29 PM

i was never good at geography

the rent is too damn high and so am i

quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15415
Location: Pennsylvania
#17
Posted: 6/6/2012 7:27:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rooster010:

i was never good at geography

the rent is too damn high and so am i



#meeithermetoo

you stupid ditch digging bible clinging retard parent money using riecht wing wack a doo

gotta go run this dog and pick some berries, think about it and get back to me then, we'll have an alias/alias supporter wide male stance A2M bonding religious wacko chief session later, i'll be the guy dressed like Sarah Palin
quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13563
Location: United States
#18
Posted: 6/6/2012 7:47:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:


I'm sure it's a silly comparison if you ask Obama supporters but if you were to ask a Romney supporter it would be a great comparison.

If a right wing lemming is someone supporting Romney is a left wing lemming someone supporting Obama?

Someone who blindly supports their party's nominee and blindly supports their party's issues without a thought of their own absolutely would be.

You stated previously you would have supported Santorum, Paul, or Romney. I could not think of three more different people with different views, with the only common denominator that they all have an 'R' after their name. See the paragraph above.

quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#19
Posted: 6/6/2012 8:02:11 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by be easy:



#meeithermetoo

you stupid ditch digging bible clinging retard parent money using riecht wing wack a doo

gotta go run this dog and pick some berries, think about it and get back to me then, we'll have an alias/alias supporter wide male stance A2M bonding religious wacko chief session later, i'll be the guy dressed like Sarah Palin

my collard greens are better than your blueberries

quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#20
Posted: 6/6/2012 8:04:27 PM

my first insinct is to question your premise beazy

we are not a nation of capitalists

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7923
Location: Texas
#21
Posted: 6/7/2012 8:55:40 AM
If the US goes to war with Iran, I feel more comfortable with Obama as commander and chief because Romney is dying for Armageddon. It’s clear that Obama is a bad president but competent enough to handle the job and Romney would be an incompetent president that lives in a crazy fantasy world and is an insane creepy cultist chicken hawk Mormon.

I stood with Ron Paul until the end. Then I found out about Gary Johnson and realized he is the best candidate Ive seen in a long time. I will be voting for Gary Johnson and hoping if Johnson doesn’t win... Obama does by default because Romney is a creepy cultist theocratic chicken hawk crusader prison warden. That is ready to kill of us and send US troops to die for nothing and make the US a country of inmates... in a theocratic prison for the crazy Republican Party.

Screw voting for the same or for make believe flip flopping conservative change…vote for sanity…Gary Johnson 2012
quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8842
Location:
#22
Posted: 6/7/2012 9:03:46 AM
But but but obama was going to be so much different than Bush.
And I guess he was, far worse. But now there is no difference between Romney and Zero?? That's nonsense.
quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4981
Location: United States
#23
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:52:45 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

If the US goes to war with Iran, I feel more comfortable with Obama as commander and chief because Romney is dying for Armageddon. It’s clear that Obama is a bad president but competent enough to handle the job and Romney would be an incompetent president that lives in a crazy fantasy world and is an insane creepy cultist chicken hawk Mormon.

I stood with Ron Paul until the end. Then I found out about Gary Johnson and realized he is the best candidate Ive seen in a long time. I will be voting for Gary Johnson and hoping if Johnson doesn’t win... Obama does by default because Romney is a creepy cultist theocratic chicken hawk crusader prison warden. That is ready to kill of us and send US troops to die for nothing and make the US a country of inmates... in a theocratic prison for the crazy Republican Party.

Screw voting for the same or for make believe flip flopping conservative change…vote for sanity…Gary Johnson 2012

Is there any legislation or something Romney said in the past that would suggests this?

Once again...
we have evidence of Obama's record: Obamacare, Stimulus, TARP, Cap and Trade, the saying "jobs saved or created", unemployment, "the saying "fair share", blaming Bush, appointing Eric Holder, Cass Sunstein, John Haldren, Van Jones, Tim Geithner, and Steven Chu.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7923
Location: Texas
#24
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:23:54 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:


Is there any legislation or something Romney said in the past that would suggests this?

Once again...
we have evidence of Obama's record: Obamacare, Stimulus, TARP, Cap and Trade, the saying "jobs saved or created", unemployment, "the saying "fair share", blaming Bush, appointing Eric Holder, Cass Sunstein, John Haldren, Van Jones, Tim Geithner, and Steven Chu.
Obama and Romney both support military personnel in 130 nations and 900 overseas bases
Obama and Romney both support Patriot Act
Obama and Romney both support NSA building the country’s biggest spy center
Obama and Romney both support indefinite detention bill
Obama and Romney both agree with the Federal Aviation Administration Re-authorization Act
Obama and Romney both agree with the arrest of witnesses for recording police actions
Obama and Romney both believe GPS can be used to track your every move
Obama and Romney both support the trespass Bill to make protest illegal
Obama and Romney both support the TSA

Here are some of the differences…

Obama is for lax immigration laws. Romney is for self-deportation.
Obama believes the US has done wrong. Romney believes in NO apologies.
Obama hates Bush and Cheney. Romney likes them.
Obama’s foreign policy is more relaxed. Romney has an itchy chicken hawk finger.
Obama doesn’t want Israel to take military action, Romney does.
Obama believes it’s up to him, whether or not to go to war with Iran. Romney believes let lawyers decide if authorization needed to attack Iran.
Obama wants to use sanctions on Iran, cyber warfare, and maybe drone strikes (last resort). Romney wants to use US soldiers as pawns and wants to use more threats of military action. Romney is a chicken hawk.
Obama hesitantly supports happy people. Romney thinks they are not people and should burn in hell.
Obama thinks Iraq was a mistake. Romney thinks, it was the right decision to go into Iraq.
Obama wants to leave Iraq. Romney thinks staying in Iraq protects American citizens.
Obama says he wants lax drug laws (Some potheads, believe he will loosen up drug laws his second term). Romney believes the US needs to amplify the drug war.
Obama is a Christian and Romney is a creepy cultist Mormon.

In addition, Romney is a flip flopper on everything. Romney will say anything to be elected.

Ive seen Mitt Romney interviewed by Sean hannity and Romney agrees with everything Sean hannity stands for. That is a red flag. All chicken hawk talk.
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 21483
Location: United States
#25
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:28:42 AM
obama wants the government to be able to track you through your cell phone without a warrant.  i'm not sure where romney comes down on this but i'm guessing he's in line with obama.
quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.