Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Another Climate Scientist Faking Documents
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13383
Location: United States
#51
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:22:06 PM

These threads always bring a chuckle.

It is certainly arguable as to what extent our climate has changed.

It is certainly arguable as to what extent man has on climate change.

It is certainly arguable as to what the best methods are of addressing the problem, how vital the problem is, and whose self-interest the perceptions are.

But to just suggest as a few of those in here have done, that there is no issue, no possible connection, and is all a rouse?

Wow, just wow.

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#52
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:28:09 PM

It is certainly arguable as to what extent our climate has changed.

==============

The climate is in a constant state of flux. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

===================

It is certainly arguable as to what extent man has on climate change.

=========

"Arguable" how? Is there any evidence mankind is creating change? What is a "normal" level of climate variability and what would be a "abnormal" level of change and how would we measure it?

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4065
Location: Greece
#53
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:33:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

These threads always bring a chuckle.

It is certainly arguable as to what extent our climate has changed.

It is certainly arguable as to what extent man has on climate change.

It is certainly arguable as to what the best methods are of addressing the problem, how vital the problem is, and whose self-interest the perceptions are.

But to just suggest as a few of those in here have done, that there is no issue, no possible connection, and is all a rouse?

Wow, just wow.

Really, because if the earth has scrubbed itself of the gases and black smoke that is clearly visable. What makes you think the earth cannot as effectively deal with the greenhouse gases that are clearly man made?

Surely, if significant Forrested areas continue to vanish to the point that the scrubbing process is compensated then we have an issue.

Man made causes severely affecting climate are exagerated. NO DOUBT!

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13383
Location: United States
#54
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:41:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

It is certainly arguable as to what extent our climate has changed.

==============

The climate is in a constant state of flux. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

===================

It is certainly arguable as to what extent man has on climate change.

=========

"Arguable" how? Is there any evidence mankind is creating change? What is a "normal" level of climate variability and what would be a "abnormal" level of change and how would we measure it?

Sentence one, I am saying the same thing as you. It is difficult to measure the change because the most useful information (long term patterns) would be based on projections/information that aren't readily available to us.

With that being said, I do find it intriguing that certain things like the polar caps and other long mainstays of the environment have clearly been compromised by something.

As to your second sentence, again, there really isn't an answer. We do know that certain emissions are damaging. How damaging and how reversible are unknown. But comments in absolutism like those in the post below yours or those that state with 100% affirmation that man is responsible for all of the weather changes on earth are exactly what I was referring to.

quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7897
Location: Canada
#55
Posted: 2/28/2012 1:02:08 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

These threads always bring a chuckle.

It is certainly arguable as to what extent our climate has changed.

It is certainly arguable as to what extent man has on climate change.

It is certainly arguable as to what the best methods are of addressing the problem, how vital the problem is, and whose self-interest the perceptions are.

But to just suggest as a few of those in here have done, that there is no issue, no possible connection, and is all a rouse?

Wow, just wow.


quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4065
Location: Greece
#56
Posted: 2/28/2012 1:44:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Sentence one, I am saying the same thing as you. It is difficult to measure the change because the most useful information (long term patterns) would be based on projections/information that aren't readily available to us.

With that being said, I do find it intriguing that certain things like the polar caps and other long mainstays of the environment have clearly been compromised by something.

As to your second sentence, again, there really isn't an answer. We do know that certain emissions are damaging. How damaging and how reversible are unknown. But comments in absolutism like those in the post below yours or those that state with 100% affirmation that man is responsible for all of the weather changes on earth are exactly what I was referring to.

Please show me the comments that speak in absolutisms in his posts or mine that you speak of...

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13383
Location: United States
#57
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:09:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Please show me the comments that speak in absolutisms in his posts or mine that you speak of...

The phrase "No Doubt" comes to mind. Perhaps you should practice what they are singing to you and when it comes to absolutism, "Don't Speak."

quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4686
Location: United States
#58
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:17:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:

Volcanoes can have a major impact on climate.
Volcanoes are natural.
Man has nothing to do with it.
The Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change argument is not
 about science. It is about the worldwide redistribution of wealth.

I should have been more clear. Man has nothing to do with volcanoes.
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4065
Location: Greece
#59
Posted: 2/28/2012 3:32:11 PM

Man made causes severely affecting climate are exagerated. NO DOUBT!

I don't even think thats debateable.

You call that statement absolute why? ...because it is absolutely true!

If climate scientists were not dropping like flies then you might have a case.

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4065
Location: Greece
#60
Posted: 2/28/2012 3:41:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

So true indeed. Evidence of this male bonding can be found in this very thread post #5 and #7.

Crickets will last even longer now.

QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

This just in: DL36 lacks integrity and cannot admit when he is clearly WRONG...on multiple fronts.



does he ever even talk politics?

all iv'e ever seen him do is his same tired out routine, trolling for male bonding and circle jerks, because covers knows he is big time into

Double down on them crickets cause he aint gonna post on this thread again.

DL36""

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13383
Location: United States
#61
Posted: 2/28/2012 4:45:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Man made causes severely affecting climate are exagerated. NO DOUBT!

I don't even think thats debateable.

You call that statement absolute why? ...because it is absolutely true!

If climate scientists were not dropping like flies then you might have a case.

And you question absolutism? You are making a statement that is an absolute assertion that you cannot possibly support.

That is absolutism.

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4065
Location: Greece
#62
Posted: 2/28/2012 4:58:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

And you question absolutism? You are making a statement that is an absolute assertion that you cannot possibly support.

That is absolutism.

Exagerated by a little or exagerated by a lot. Trust me...man made causes are exagerated. Otherwise the scientists would have nothing to worry about and thus, would not be resigning because of previous stance on the subject.

That one statement is hardly a tital wave of absolutes as you infer.

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4065
Location: Greece
#63
Posted: 2/29/2012 12:58:25 PM

Tidal not tital

Crickets DL36 Crickets

quote
AcerRubrum
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AcerRubrum
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2098
Location:
#64
Posted: 2/29/2012 1:14:34 PM
ozone...does the destruction of that protection layer have  nothing to do with mankind? 
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4065
Location: Greece
#65
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:29:53 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by AcerRubrum:

ozone...does the destruction of that protection layer have  nothing to do with mankind? 

Well we'd have to figure out if the volcanos gases hurt the ozone or not.

 

 

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18249
Location: United States
#66
Posted: 3/2/2012 3:05:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AcerRubrum:

ozone...does the destruction of that protection layer have  nothing to do with mankind? 


I guess the knuckleheads forgot about all the man made things that are eating a hole in it

The people who dont believe in climate change and man having some to do with it, are the people who dont care because they wont be around when the garbage really hits the fan, let the people who are here deal with it.  This helps these losers sleep better at night.

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4065
Location: Greece
#67
Posted: 3/2/2012 3:11:51 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by cd329:



I guess the knuckleheads forgot about all the man made things that are eating a hole in it

The people who dont believe in climate change and man having some to do with it, are the people who dont care because they wont be around when the garbage really hits the fan, let the people who are here deal with it.  This helps these losers sleep better at night.

The overall amount of ozone in the stratosphere is determined by a balance between photochemical production and recombination.

Ozone can be destroyed by a number of free radical catalysts, the most important of which are the hydroxyl radical (OH·), the nitric oxide radical (NO·), the atomic chlorine ion (Cl·) and the atomic bromine ion (Br·). All of these have both natural and man-made sources; at the present time, most of the OH· and NO· in the stratosphere is of natural origin, but human activity has dramatically increased the levels of chlorine and bromine. These elements are found in certain stable organic compounds, especially chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), which may find their way to the stratosphere without being destroyed in the troposphere due to their low reactivity. Once in the stratosphere, the Cl and Br atoms are liberated from the parent compounds by the action of ultraviolet light, e.g.

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18249
Location: United States
#68
Posted: 3/2/2012 3:22:25 PM
lmfaoooooooooooo what a friggin jerkoff you are bowlslit.
Am sure theres not articles that will disagree with what you posted.
Truth is i have no use for guys like you. I wish i could really state on this site what i think about you, but i wont.  Karma will catch your behind one day, that am sure of.

I suppose man isnt polluting the oceans, thats all natural, lmfaoooooooooooooo..
If not believing man isnt contributing to things makes you sleep better at night, then good for you.
Am sure you have learned things like this at your insurance thief bootcamps
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4065
Location: Greece
#69
Posted: 3/2/2012 3:44:05 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by cd329:

lmfaoooooooooooo what a friggin jerkoff you are bowlslit.
Am sure theres not articles that will disagree with what you posted.
Truth is i have no use for guys like you. I wish i could really state on this site what i think about you, but i wont.  Karma will catch your behind one day, that am sure of.

I suppose man isnt polluting the oceans, thats all natural, lmfaoooooooooooooo..
If not believing man isnt contributing to things makes you sleep better at night, then good for you.
Am sure you have learned things like this at your insurance thief bootcamps

To the hateful firefighter who would rather post hate speech then valid arguements: I don't hate you...I feel bad for you because you lack the common sense needed to navigate through life properly.

Once again...nothing but hate speach from you and no real discussion.

quote
kickinA send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
kickinA
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 13462
Location: California
#70
Posted: 3/2/2012 4:04:06 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by AcerRubrum:

ozone...does the destruction of that protection layer have  nothing to do with mankind? 

To that, I blame Aqua Net and the '80s for the depletion of the ozone.

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13383
Location: United States
#71
Posted: 3/3/2012 8:38:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kickinA:

To that, I blame Aqua Net and the '80s for the depletion of the ozone.

So Poison causes cancer has a double meaning?

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.