Messages

Forum Index : Covers Pro Football : Messages Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [Pro Football] Topic: New England at New York (11/13/2011)
Covers send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
Covers
Participation Meter
Covers Referee
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 61
Location: Ireland
#1
Posted: 11/8/2011 1:30:14 AM

Away:  New England [4-4 ATS]
Home:  N.Y. Jets [4-4 ATS]

Game Time: 8:20 PM
Stadium: MetLife Stadium

Recent Meetings:
10/09/11 - NYJ 21 vs. NE 30

Team Leaders:

New England:
Passing: Tom Brady (2703)
Rushing: BenJarvus Green-Ellis (452)
Receiving: Wes Welker (960)

N.Y. Jets:
Passing: Mark Sanchez (1775)
Rushing: Shonn Greene (502)
Receiving: Dustin Keller (436)

More:
Live Odds
In-Depth Matchup Information
Consensus Betting Information

quote
NNMsports send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mandalay Bay |
NNMsports
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 35
Location: Washington
#2
Posted: 11/8/2011 3:22:32 PM
Here we go again. I'm feeling a bit worried for the Patriots after they lost 2 straight. This will be a close one, but I see the Jets pulling this one off. the Dynasty is dead. Brady is getting old/past his prime, Belichick has gotten figured out by opposing coaches, and they have made too many "controversial/gimmick" signings this year.

Jets -1
quote
U-Z send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
U-Z
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1040
Location: New York
#3
Posted: 11/8/2011 6:33:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by NNMsports:

Here we go again. I'm feeling a bit worried for the Patriots after they lost 2 straight. This will be a close one, but I see the Jets pulling this one off. the Dynasty is dead. Brady is getting old/past his prime, Belichick has gotten figured out by opposing coaches, and they have made too many "controversial/gimmick" signings this year.

Jets -1

Couldnt agree more

quote
dddevin69 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
dddevin69
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 994
Location: Oklahoma
#4
Posted: 11/8/2011 9:27:23 PM

POUNDING POUNDING   the over 47

 

my NFL UNDERDOG Logic to the rescue folks.  take New England +1.    new england being the underdog.....is  J O K E

quote
au4040 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Wynn Las Vegas |
au4040
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 540
Location: France
#5
Posted: 11/9/2011 11:22:12 AM
This is the SUPERBOWL for the Jets. Rex Ryan "isn't here to kiss the ring". Good chance he's been gameplanning for this one since the end of last season. Jets finally getting their defense together, holding powerful Buffalo offense to only 11 points, a team that was averaging 31 points up in the weeks before. 
That being said, CAN YOU REALLY SEE THE HOODIE LOSING 3 GAMES IN A ROW? Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Kevin Faulk, Deon Branch, Rob Gronkowski...
In the words of OCHOCINCO.
CHILD PLEASE
NE ML
quote
rarafromphilly send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rarafromphilly
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2683
Location: Pennsylvania
#6
Posted: 11/9/2011 3:45:57 PM
I dont see ne,losing 3in a row.ill take ne ml.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
U-Z send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
U-Z
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1040
Location: New York
#7
Posted: 11/9/2011 6:21:42 PM
NE loss = end of Pats glory days. NFL coaches onto Bellichecks style, obvious in fighting with the release of fat albert. If the Jets get outta there with a win, this game will be the changing of the gaurd. Bostons sports glory days are now appearing in the rearview mirror.
quote
DrDogs
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DrDogs
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1840
Location: Tennessee
#8
Posted: 11/10/2011 11:29:49 AM
I love it and not because Im a homer. When you count any team out....especially the pats...you will get burnt. Heres a little something.

Patriots have won 14 of the last 18 meetings.

Patriots are 36-20 ATS vs. AFC East opponents since 2001.

Tom Brady is 126-43 as a starter (98-67 ATS). Tom Brady is 23-11 ATS off a loss.

Tom Brady is 15-7 ATS off a loss since 2003.

Tom Brady is 14-7 ATS as an underdog since 2003.

Bill Belichick is 7-1 ATS as an underdog after losing as a favorite.

Pats and ov for the large!!!!!

quote
au4040 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Wynn Las Vegas |
au4040
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 540
Location: France
#9
Posted: 11/10/2011 1:58:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DrDogs:

 
Patriots have won 14 of the last 18 meetings.

Patriots are 36-20 ATS vs. AFC East opponents since 2001.

Tom Brady is 126-43 as a starter (98-67 ATS). Tom Brady is 23-11 ATS off a loss.

Tom Brady is 15-7 ATS off a loss since 2003.

Tom Brady is 14-7 ATS as an underdog since 2003.

Bill Belichick is 7-1 ATS as an underdog after losing as a favorite.

quote
TheQuadYeah
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TheQuadYeah
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1686
Location:
#10
Posted: 11/10/2011 8:47:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by au4040:

In the words of OCHOCINCO.
CHILD PLEASE
NE ML

"But, how do you stop 85?????????"

Apparently, you put him on a team with a bunch of better, more talented, younger, and less egotistical receivers. "Ocho Stinko" has 9 receptions for 136 yards and no touchdowns - that's not just one game folks, that's the whole year!!!!!!!

Bodden's gone, Paynesworth's gone, and I think if Chad doesn't pull his head out this week, he is too.

Soooooooo, now, having said that, I think "Revis Island" will be worrying more about all of the other receiving weapons on this Patriots squad - and you know Belichick has something up his sleeve (or in his hood). Plus, I still just can't buy into "The Sanchise" just yet........

Pats - M/L - but just a small play..........

 

quote
redwally send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
redwally
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 3773
Location: Massachusetts
#11
Posted: 11/11/2011 1:59:17 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by U-Z:

NE loss = end of Pats glory days. NFL coaches onto Bellichecks style, obvious in fighting with the release of fat albert. If the Jets get outta there with a win, this game will be the changing of the gaurd. Bostons sports glory days are now appearing in the rearview mirror.

Hey U-Z],

You arent the first one to comment upon this belief. And you would have a decent point if you had only rememebered, that Boston is still a town of glorius days filled with Championship feeling, due to:

THE BOSTON BRUINS STANLEY CUP WIN 2011!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been... How long???? mmmm...

quote
U-Z send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
U-Z
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1040
Location: New York
#12
Posted: 11/11/2011 10:43:12 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by redwally:

Hey U-Z],

You arent the first one to comment upon this belief. And you would have a decent point if you had only rememebered, that Boston is still a town of glorius days filled with Championship feeling, due to:

THE BOSTON BRUINS STANLEY CUP WIN 2011!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been... How long???? mmmm...

There is no way that Boston can sustain its winnnig ways like they have. The Sox are done, that run is over. Brady aint 27 years old anymore, and the hoodie aint coaching till hes 85. As far as the NBA we all know thats a wash this year and i conceed to you the Bruins cause I cant argue hockey without looking like an uneducated fool.  All good things come to an end, sometimes to a horrible end (PSU).

That being said, Im shocked the Jets are favored here. I really cant see them winnig but I said the same about the playoff game last year. If the Jets do pull it out, I cant consider NE to be a top shelf team anymore. Without Brady I can see the Pats falling to the same fate as the Colts. Brady has more career in the rearview mirror than in the windshield right now. That does not bode well for the Pats.

quote
Sandman23 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Aria |
Sandman23
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 647
Location: Ontario
#13
Posted: 11/11/2011 4:28:45 PM
JOKE OF THE YEAR !!!!


LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK.....

New England + 120
quote
ewillie169
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
ewillie169
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 976
Location: Nevada
#14
Posted: 11/11/2011 6:07:54 PM
NYJ +1 (1u) - i may wait till sunday to pull the trigger to see if the public pushes the line to 3. Score: Patriots 24 - Jets 27,
quote
vue21849
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
vue21849
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2979
Location: South Carolina
#15
Posted: 11/11/2011 9:41:06 PM

    Until New England digs up a defense, all the trend analysis in the world is not going to work. And ditto that remark, this deep into the season. If the Giants can win in Foxboro, the Jets shouldn't    have too much of a problem. Realistically though, this is going to be a very tightly fought game here. The line's not a fluke!

N Y JETS   -1

quote
dddevin69 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
dddevin69
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 994
Location: Oklahoma
#16
Posted: 11/12/2011 9:11:25 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by U-Z:

There is no way that Boston can sustain its winnnig ways like they have. The Sox are done, that run is over. Brady aint 27 years old anymore, and the hoodie aint coaching till hes 85. As far as the NBA we all know thats a wash this year and i conceed to you the Bruins cause I cant argue hockey without looking like an uneducated fool.  All good things come to an end, sometimes to a horrible end (PSU).

That being said, Im shocked the Jets are favored here. I really cant see them winnig but I said the same about the playoff game last year. If the Jets do pull it out, I cant consider NE to be a top shelf team anymore. Without Brady I can see the Pats falling to the same fate as the Colts. Brady has more career in the rearview mirror than in the windshield right now. That does not bode well for the Pats.

 

 

 

AMEN                   not to mention that NE hasn't won a playoff gam since....OMG 2007!    or look at it this way...The CHOKING dallas cowboys have more playoff wins the past 4 years than New England does...........Dallas with their choking qb Romo

quote
TheQuadYeah
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TheQuadYeah
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1686
Location:
#17
Posted: 11/12/2011 11:53:02 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Sandman23:

JOKE OF THE YEAR !!!!


LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK.....

New England + 120

C'mon dude - you've now posted this same thing in like 5 different threads. It's bad karma, plus I hate when I'm on your side and you start throwing the "L" word around like it's going out of style. This is still the NFL - - which for you should mean

NO

F***ING

LOCKS!!!!!!!!!!

especially on a 1 point spread? Are you crazy???

But, even after all that, I still like the Pats - and I'm hoping this post takes your hex off of the game. Good luck Jets and Pats backers, let's have a good, clean, and respectable game..........

quote
Coloneljim
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Coloneljim
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 12231
Location:
#18
Posted: 11/12/2011 2:39:34 PM

New York - 31                                             New England - 23

Jets -1                                     over 47

Jets smack around the Brady Bunch. Who's going to guard Burress, Keller and  Holmes?  Jets play well ats at home off a divisional game.

Jets Jets Jets ----- over

 

quote
tabasco_cat
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
tabasco_cat
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 199
Location: Alberta
#19
Posted: 11/12/2011 3:03:25 PM
I like the Jets here as well. Jets have a complete team and the Pats are missing many facets. I think the Pats passing game is a mismatch for the Jets but I think they figure out a way of slowing it down. Playing dime man packages would be a good start since the pats aren't the greatest running team.  
quote
mellowman7883 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mellowman7883
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 638
Location: Texas
#20
Posted: 11/12/2011 6:04:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheQuadYeah:

"But, how do you stop 85?????????"

Apparently, you put him on a team with a bunch of better, more talented, younger, and less egotistical receivers. "Ocho Stinko" has 9 receptions for 136 yards and no touchdowns - that's not just one game folks, that's the whole year!!!!!!!

Bodden's gone, Paynesworth's gone, and I think if Chad doesn't pull his head out this week, he is too.

Soooooooo, now, having said that, I think "Revis Island" will be worrying more about all of the other receiving weapons on this Patriots squad - and you know Belichick has something up his sleeve (or in his hood). Plus, I still just can't buy into "The Sanchise" just yet........

Pats - M/L - but just a small play..........

 

Well said!!!  The Patriots havent lost by more than 8 all year and looking at the Jets wins they are all against marginal teams. So I will take the points and put New england in my teaser. Belichek is smarter and more devious than Ryan.

quote
drakeroofer
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drakeroofer
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 13
Location:
#21
Posted: 11/12/2011 11:00:17 PM

SUNDAYS FOOTBALL PICKS!!!

PIT

WAS

NE

NWO

STL

HOU

ALL TEAMS WILL WIN BY 3 OR MORE!!!!!

quote
usmail
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sportsbook.com |
usmail
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 619
Location: Texas
#22
Posted: 11/13/2011 12:58:30 AM
BRADY'S BEEN SUCK. TIME FOR BACK UP QB.
quote
DrDogs
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DrDogs
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1840
Location: Tennessee
#23
Posted: 11/13/2011 1:34:47 AM
QUOTE

Normally i would agree with you vue but new eng aint san diego!!!

 

Originally Posted by vue21849:

    Until New England digs up a defense, all the trend analysis in the world is not going to work. And ditto that remark, this deep into the season. If the Giants can win in Foxboro, the Jets shouldn't    have too much of a problem. Realistically though, this is going to be a very tightly fought game here. The line's not a fluke!

N Y JETS   -1

quote
AceMackenzie send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Hard Rock |
AceMackenzie
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 574
Location: Florida
#24
Posted: 11/13/2011 2:04:06 AM

you know to call this the lock of the year would be crazy - I mean the Jets have found the secret formula to beat the pats on many recent occasions  , and they are favored , so whats that tell ya

Pretty boy goes down again

J E T S !!!! -1

quote
AceMackenzie send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Hard Rock |
AceMackenzie
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 574
Location: Florida
#25
Posted: 11/13/2011 2:10:04 AM

ITS a new year and a new era , The pats reign as a major threat is OVER and done. They have lost 3 games  They have lost to the Bills , Giants and the Steelers already. and I believe the jets swept them last year

JETS  -1

down goes Brady

quote
Forum Index : Covers Pro Football : Messages Page 1 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.