PAUL RYAN?????? LOL

Forum: Penalty Box Page 3 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [Penalty Box] Topic: PAUL RYAN?????? LOL
TheGoldenGoose PM TheGoldenGoose
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 26444
Connecticut
 
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:21:49 AM

Bottom line... this was a TERRIBLE pick for VP.  This election hinges on Independent Voters in Swing States like Ohio, Virginia and Florida.  Many of these voters are Seniors.  How do you think Seniors are going to react when Romney tells them to give up their Medi-Care and Social Security?  And no, it doesn't make a difference that age 55 and older won't be immediately affected.  You're friggin with the only two things that matter to Seniors. 

Still don't believe???

Take a look at this 2012 State Electoral College Vote Map.

You can play around with it, clicking out different scenarios.


Somebody tell me HOW and WHAT possible combination of States allows a Romney / Ryan win in November???

Step away from Fox News for 15 minutes and TELL ME HOW?




mightiestmojo PM mightiestmojo
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 6731
Texas
 
mightiestmojo
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:25:47 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Biscuiteater1:

You cant poo paw away the mess that he inherited and the lack of cooperation he has had!!

C'mon you really think a partisan congress just cooperates with the pres for the hell of it? That's where experience comes into play. How did Clinton get along with the repubs for 8 years and actually do stuff? Politics/Compromise. I'd argue both sides bear fault in the current mess but they're all politicians so they know how to meet in the middle and not just girl how the other guy won't do what they're supposed to do, President is the leader of the whole government and it's his job to make that compromise happen. 

On the other Biden is Senator from a state not that much bigger than Ryan's district so I don't see how that argument bears any relevance other than Biden is lucky to live there. If he was the Senator from NY or CA yeah that's huge but DE? Being a member of the 435 in Delaware is scarcer than being one of the 100 because there's only 1 member of the house of representatives for the state and there are 2 senators? And I don't know how you can listen to Biden speak and think he's smart or want him staring down anybody. Obama's own staff has had to distance themselves from the dumb stuff Biden says.  

THEMUGG PM THEMUGG
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 31018
Washington
 
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:26:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


Ladies and Gentlemen, 

This race is over.

Your 2012 election winner is Obama!

This isn't as fatal a VP selection mistake as the Sarah Palin selection but it is quite close. Ryan's fiscal loyalties lie with two classes: the upper class (more specifically the upper, upper class) and the corporate class. 

Independents will not be swayed to vote for Mitt because of Paul Ryan and they will determine the election. More specifically they will be dissuaded at the voting booth because of the distaste Ryan and his loyalties brings to the unappealing Mitt ticket. 

Wow. Mitt can do no right. Obama doesn't even have to say another word till election night. 

Wonderful news...


 You're kidding......right?

 Even before this selection we were fucked as a country.............I can't vote for either one of these clowns.
mightiestmojo PM mightiestmojo
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 6731
Texas
 
mightiestmojo
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:32:27 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:



 You're kidding......right?

 Even before this selection we were fucked as a country.............I can't vote for either one of these clowns.

Sadly this is probably the most true.
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15934
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:51:44 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mightiestmojo:


C'mon you really think a partisan congress just cooperates with the pres for the hell of it? That's where experience comes into play. How did Clinton get along with the repubs for 8 years and actually do stuff? Politics/Compromise. I'd argue both sides bear fault in the current mess but they're all politicians so they know how to meet in the middle and not just girl how the other guy won't do what they're supposed to do, President is the leader of the whole government and it's his job to make that compromise happen. 

On the other Biden is Senator from a state not that much bigger than Ryan's district so I don't see how that argument bears any relevance other than Biden is lucky to live there. If he was the Senator from NY or CA yeah that's huge but DE? Being a member of the 435 in Delaware is scarcer than being one of the 100 because there's only 1 member of the house of representatives for the state and there are 2 senators? And I don't know how you can listen to Biden speak and think he's smart or want him staring down anybody. Obama's own staff has had to distance themselves from the dumb stuff Biden says.  

What are you watching?Compromise,its become a dirty word to the GOP.These guy would not give the prez the time of day!He cant MAKE them compromise,Clinton was 20yrs ago,times have changed.Pres offered large cuts in spending 5 for 1 in return.House leader could not get members to go along.They cant even compromise with themselves let alone someone they despise.As for Bidden, i guarante that most members of congress would agree that he's a smart man.Everybody is prone to a gaffe now and then.
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27608
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 3:23:47 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by esplanade:



Next.................as in for 8 years after his 8 years.

You have to admit they look presidential unlike crackhead and butthead.

Paul Ryan vs Joe "the toilet" Bidet



why do you always sound like such an idiot on this site?

and it isnt even about which side you support...

you just always come off like a bitter old fuddy duddy being all negative and bitching and moaning...


Henry-Lilly PM Henry-Lilly
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 10497
St Vincent and
              the Grenadines
 
Henry-Lilly
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 3:33:44 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:



 You're kidding......right?

 Even before this selection we were fucked as a country.............I can't vote for either one of these clowns.



Rush51 PM Rush51
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 4388
California
 
Rush51
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 4:53:41 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


You do the math...

Seven terms in the House is 14 years for Ryan, in the lower chamber, 1 of 435.

Biden served over 30 years in the Senate, upper chamber, 1 of 100.

Who is more qualified to lead the USA in the time of a severe National crisis? 

Who do you want staring down a Vladimir Putin across the table?










If the answer isn't obvious to you, then watch the VP Debate.    Intellect & Leadership carries far more weight than years of service...

Besides , I don't think anyone would characterize someone with nearly 15 years in office as inexperienced.


Johnzimbo34 PM Johnzimbo34
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1178
Texas
 
Johnzimbo34
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 9:20:46 AM
I am just wondering...does Scalabrine handicap presidential races better than he handicaps the team he knows best....the Ney York Football Giants?
mightiestmojo PM mightiestmojo
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 6731
Texas
 
mightiestmojo
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 9:56:45 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Biscuiteater1:

What are you watching?Compromise,its become a dirty word to the GOP.These guy would not give the prez the time of day!He cant MAKE them compromise,Clinton was 20yrs ago,times have changed.Pres offered large cuts in spending 5 for 1 in return.House leader could not get members to go along.They cant even compromise with themselves let alone someone they despise.As for Bidden, i guarante that most members of congress would agree that he's a smart man.Everybody is prone to a gaffe now and then.

Of course time changed but the game has always been the same politics has been politics since roman times. If he can't force compromise then he shouldn't be in politics. Or if he truly can't our country is completely fucked.

On Biden I'm sure if you ask any person in Congress if members of Congress are smart they'll tell you they're all members of MENSA. It's the third party you need to ask and he doesn't impress and yes, everyone makes mistakes but you'd think he'd make less being VP. Also please if you're going to tell me how smart a guy is at least spell his name right, he'd probably appreciate it.

I am looking forward to the VP debate.

Think Obama is a safe bet. Much safer now. 
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15934
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 2:35:27 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mightiestmojo:


Of course time changed but the game has always been the same politics has been politics since roman times. If he can't force compromise then he shouldn't be in politics. Or if he truly can't our country is completely fucked.

On Biden I'm sure if you ask any person in Congress if members of Congress are smart they'll tell you they're all members of MENSA. It's the third party you need to ask and he doesn't impress and yes, everyone makes mistakes but you'd think he'd make less being VP. Also please if you're going to tell me how smart a guy is at least spell his name right, he'd probably appreciate it.

I am looking forward to the VP debate.

Think Obama is a safe bet. Much safer now. 
yes he should use his power to force members of the house and senate to vote in such fashion as to forge a compromise...............his super powers.
mightiestmojo PM mightiestmojo
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 6731
Texas
 
mightiestmojo
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 7:00:34 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by Biscuiteater1] yes he should use his power to force members of the house and senate to vote in such fashion as to forge a compromise...............his super powers. [/QuotE/]

Yes. He should. Glad you finally understand. 
Rocafella PM Rocafella
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21463
Pennsylvania
 
Rocafella
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 8:02:06 PM
Condalangazz Rice sounds like a Mexican dish!
VinnyCooch PM VinnyCooch
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4989
United States
 
VinnyCooch
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 8:18:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rocafella:

Condalangazz Rice sounds like a Mexican dish!

Id eat it.
mainmanmainman2 PM mainmanmainman2
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4357
Antarctica
 
mainmanmainman2
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 9:19:34 PM
heres a photo of obama moments after romey picked ryan...

http://www.black-and-right.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Obama-laughing-it-up.jpg


disclaimer: i support neither party
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15934
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:05:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mightiestmojo:

Originally Posted by Biscuiteater1] yes he should use his power to force members of the house and senate to vote in such fashion as to forge a compromise...............his super powers. [/QuotE/]

Yes. He should. Glad you finally understand. 
 
redbook1 PM redbook1
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1033
 
redbook1
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/13/2012 3:56:55 PM
one good thing about mitt and ryan--they don't cotton to them negroes.
Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15934
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/13/2012 5:54:34 PM
I hear they are partial to Herman Cain.
hotdamn85 PM hotdamn85
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1427
 
hotdamn85
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/13/2012 6:06:47 PM
geesh ryan is a fool, seen his videos of the town hall meetings, his jokes are insincere.
canovsp PM canovsp
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5702
United States
 
canovsp
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/13/2012 7:53:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

LINK ,,,,, Video of Mitt friggin up this morning.

"Join me in welcoming the next President of the United States ... Paul Ryan." - Mitt



I was watching it live when that happened and I said to myself "the liberal press is going to brutalize him over that." Surprisingly, I didn't hear much. It wasn't until later that I found out Obama did the same thing when he introduced Biden in '08.
SarasotaSlim PM SarasotaSlim
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24068
United States
 
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/13/2012 10:12:13 PM
 My fav was Joe Biden ...at his first campaign rally with Barack Obama, plugs calls Obama "Barack America."
esplanade PM esplanade
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 9021
 
esplanade
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/13/2012 10:46:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:




why do you always sound like such an idiot on this site?

and it isnt even about which side you support...

you just always come off like a bitter old fuddy duddy being all negative and bitching and moaning...




And you come across as an illiterate jackass. Have you EVER made a valuable contribution to any thread? NOPE. Ever lent insight into a bet? HELL NO.

Are you even aware that obama introduced Biden in EXACTLY the same way in the '08 rollout?? The darn you were.



You honestly have very limited knowledge, no insight, barely any humor, and absolutely no wit. Abject boredom and repetitive drivel is all you contribute.

And the pick was awesome.

Go cry in your soup.


NoWorries21 PM NoWorries21
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7432
Texas
 
NoWorries21
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/14/2012 8:50:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


Ladies and Gentlemen, 

This race is over.

Your 2012 election winner is Obama!

This isn't as fatal a VP selection mistake as the Sarah Palin selection but it is quite close. Ryan's fiscal loyalties lie with two classes: the upper class (more specifically the upper, upper class) and the corporate class. 

Independents will not be swayed to vote for Mitt because of Paul Ryan and they will determine the election. More specifically they will be dissuaded at the voting booth because of the distaste Ryan and his loyalties brings to the unappealing Mitt ticket. 

Wow. Mitt can do no right. Obama doesn't even have to say another word till election night. 

Wonderful news...

Of course you like it as guys like me now have to pay for more garbage for you. I cant believe you think he has done anything for our country. 

Unfortunately I have to agree that its the lesser of 2 evils right now but to no ones surprise you just care about what race they are.
hammer22 PM hammer22
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 9033
Michigan
 
hammer22
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/14/2012 10:36:58 AM
ANYBODY BUT OBAMA AND THIS COUNTRY WILL BE JUST FINE. 

OBAMA IS REALLY TRYING TO darn IT UP ANY WAY HE CAN.
I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
Posted: 8/14/2012 11:12:14 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by NoWorries21:


Of course you like it as guys like me now have to pay for more garbage for you. I cant believe you think he has done anything for our country. 

Unfortunately I have to agree that its the lesser of 2 evils right now but to no ones surprise you just care about what race they are.

You think you're paying for things for Scalabrine? 
Forum: Penalty Box Page 3 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.