why do most religious people look down on others?

Forum: General Discussion Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: why do most religious people look down on others?
PokinSmot PM PokinSmot
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6348
United States
 
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:40:38 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

war starts because a group of people believe that another group of people are dangerous, likely to cause pain or a threat.

that's why i said that war is created by fear.



war is business my friend....it has nothing to do with one group threatening the other for fear of oppression.

we supplied weapons to other 3rd world countries to start wars...we didn't hunt down and kill Saddam because of 9/11...Japan wasn't bombed because of pearl harbor...Vietnam war wasn't about our freedom being threatened...and you say war is caused by fear? No...its a money maker for a small group of people.




be easy PM be easy
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15420
Pennsylvania
 
be easy
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:13:57 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

war starts because a group of people believe that another group of people are dangerous, likely to cause pain or a threat.

that's why i said that war is created by fear.



That's actually false

pretty much all war is over territorial issues/land grabs

TPTB that make the war, sell you on fear
searchwarrant PM searchwarrant
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 65969
California
 
searchwarrant
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:18:28 AM

Religious people are dangerous, stay clear of them if possible.

Limit contact.

Rostos PM Rostos
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 27586
Australia
 
Rostos
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:30:38 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

Religious people are dangerous, stay clear of them if possible.

Limit contact.

Stalin and Pot who were athests are the biggest murders in the history of humanity, nothing comes close....

Who is dangerous again?

Colts03 PM Colts03
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 13377
Texas
 
Colts03
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:40:25 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

Stalin and Pot who were athests are the biggest murders in the history of humanity, nothing comes close....

Who is dangerous again?


so... 2 people compared to endless years since the beginning of time of religious freaks killing each other because you dont believe that what I believe 
searchwarrant PM searchwarrant
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 65969
California
 
searchwarrant
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:55:27 AM

President Juvénal Habyarimana ordered the largest death toll in history. He was a Catholic. 800k dead in just over 3 months.

Pablo Escobar, one of the most highly regarded killers in history was San Toria.

searchwarrant PM searchwarrant
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 65969
California
 
searchwarrant
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:57:59 AM

...Shall we discuss Greece, Rome and other parts of the world?

How about Death squads in El Salvador? Perhaps Shinning Path in Peru?

 

Rostos PM Rostos
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 27586
Australia
 
Rostos
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 5:06:38 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

President Juvénal Habyarimana ordered the largest death toll in history. He was a Catholic. 800k dead in just over 3 months.

Pablo Escobar, one of the most highly regarded killers in history was San Toria.

Stalin and Pot killed over 100 million people combined....

Rostos PM Rostos
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 27586
Australia
 
Rostos
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 5:07:35 AM
Sorry Search, but your attempt that religion is solely responsible for the atrocities of the world fails badly...
I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:42:37 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by be easy:



That's actually false

pretty much all war is over territorial issues/land grabs

TPTB that make the war, sell you on fear

so minion went to war to grab a piece of land in the middle east?

there is no war without selling fear to the pawns. thanks for making my point.

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 9:36:12 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by PokinSmot:



war is business my friend....it has nothing to do with one group threatening the other for fear of oppression.

we supplied weapons to other 3rd world countries to start wars...we didn't hunt down and kill Saddam because of 9/11...Japan wasn't bombed because of pearl harbor...Vietnam war wasn't about our freedom being threatened...and you say war is caused by fear? No...its a money maker for a small group of people.




give me a break ...

so fear doesn't have any role in war in your opinion?

The reason that all of these people die in war is to make money for a small group of people?

war is created by fear.

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 9:43:59 AM

"The answer is always fear, plain and simple. We would not kill, attack, maim, and blow up other people if we weren’t afraid of them. And why is it important to know this? Because if we could just finally understand it’s fear that causes all anger, hate, war, murder, rape, abuse and everything else that isn’t love, then we can determine how to stop or at least drastically minimize all those archaic behaviors."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Biscuiteater1 PM Biscuiteater1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 15933
Virginia
 
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 9:55:26 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

no. get the darn out of this thread.

be easy PM be easy
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15420
Pennsylvania
 
be easy
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:05:46 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

so minion went to war to grab a piece of land in the middle east?

there is no war without selling fear to the pawns. thanks for making my point.



protecting the "homeland" is fear mongering

traversing across the globe to secure natural resources such as petroleum, is a land grab. you sound confused and angry, what's the matter, is the house flipping market in the dumps


Why do boring, unproductive atheists, concentrate so much time trying to stir garbage with religious folk?  Well, never Jewish people, i mean, it's not like theres anything to question with that fucked up religion. No, it's just coincidence that it's either death to the evil Christians, or down with the Muslins

The smarmiest, most dangerous religious folks, are the zealots that pump the crap that passes as Science for their God of certainty

you people and your so called science
minion0812 PM minion0812
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2616
Ontario
 
minion0812
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:58:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

you know that war is created by fear ... right?

 

 



I can somewhat agree. I agree government will create a fear among the media and public to get backing for a vote for war but that is as far as it goes.
minion0812 PM minion0812
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2616
Ontario
 
minion0812
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:59:10 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

Religious people are dangerous, stay clear of them if possible.

Limit contact.



hahahaha I hope your joking.
minion0812 PM minion0812
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2616
Ontario
 
minion0812
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 11:02:49 AM
PS. Detox. HUGE BRUINS FAN!!! Been buying lots of stuff out of a store near your area I'm guessing. Called your sports memorabilia store. Any knowledge of them?
PokinSmot PM PokinSmot
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6348
United States
 
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 11:31:54 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

give me a break ...

so fear doesn't have any role in war in your opinion?

The reason that all of these people die in war is to make money for a small group of people?

war is created by fear.



only thing you need to fear is fear itself

wake up and smell the coffee....i can understand why you believe war is created by fear....but the truth is, fear is used to create war, get that straight.

i guess you're not a chess player, pawns die in war...that's what they're used for, yes, the small group of people who control the lives of pawns create war for profits. until you realize that, we're not on the same level.

i feel bad for you...stop living in fear. its all in your mind, no one wants to harm you except

the PTB


HutchEmAll PM HutchEmAll
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38669
Minnesota
 
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 11:42:08 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PokinSmot:




"why do most religious people look down on others? "

I must've read the wrong thread title...


I agree everyone has fear...But if one doesn't fear death or dying what do they really need to fear in this day in age?

death doesn't scare me...but heights do...are you ever going to catch me washing windows outside a high rise, i think not. do i have to live in fear of terrorist attacking me...hell no. i fear that there will be tough times ahead but that's just my mind being programmed by the media...they're also saying aliens are coming, lol... so what is there really to be fearful about in life?

what are your fears Detox?


This is what I meant re. no fear.  I was talking about dying. Everyone has fears of some things.  
minion0812 PM minion0812
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2616
Ontario
 
minion0812
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 12:10:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

I was using religious people as an example because in most religions it is considered a sin ... so it's twisted thinking.

It's almost as twisted as saying that you don't have any fear and then use being in war as an example.

 

 



WHOA!! Missed this slant Detox. I used war as an example because try being put in that situation and not having fear. Very few you will see handle it easily. There are two kinds that handle war with no fear. 1. Those that accept they are dead already entering a war and can go about doing their daily biz accepting they are a lost soul. 2. Those that are comfortable with death through faith. Actually there would be 3. Those that are just insane.

I'm using war as the example of putting fear to the ultimate test. I honestly accepted death twice in my two terms. We were up garbage's creek and our group had lost close people around us. We got out and lived another day. Never being on another desert would be too soon! 
in_the_black PM in_the_black
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4556
United States
 
in_the_black
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 12:26:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Realism:

All the churches are just money making machines.  A total crock of garbage.


Money making machines that pay no taxes.The US government needs to start taxing these fn businesses just like they do the rest of us.
PokinSmot PM PokinSmot
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6348
United States
 
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:33:39 PM

this person killed innocent civilians and children, do you think he was afraid of them?

 


I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:56:45 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by PokinSmot:



only thing you need to fear is fear itself

wake up and smell the coffee....i can understand why you believe war is created by fear....but the truth is, fear is used to create war, get that straight.

i guess you're not a chess player, pawns die in war...that's what they're used for, yes, the small group of people who control the lives of pawns create war for profits. until you realize that, we're not on the same level.

i feel bad for you...stop living in fear. its all in your mind, no one wants to harm you except

the PTB


i said war is created by fear ...

you laughed and said how old are you.

then you say fear is used to create war.

PokinSmot PM PokinSmot
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6348
United States
 
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:59:10 PM
i laughed too...you see how childish that sounds?

war is created by fear...fear creates wars...both are BS. 




I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/15/2012 2:47:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PokinSmot:

i laughed too...you see how childish that sounds?


war is created by fear...fear creates wars...both are BS. 





"wake up and smell the coffee....i can understand why you believe war is created by fear....but the truth is, fear is used to create war, get that straight."  - PokinSmot

"war is created by fear...fear creates wars...both are BS." - PokinSmot 



Forum: General Discussion Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.