Messages

Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [NBA Betting] Topic: * Spurs to win the west at +750
LeagueCapper send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LeagueCapper
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6571
Location: California
#1
Posted: 2/13/2012 1:56:37 PM
They've done great this season and Manu has been gone for most of it. Clippers lost their leader and have no playoff experience, Portland can't win on the road, Denver will not be able to close out games come playoff time, and unless the Lakers make a move there doing nothing in the playoffs they cant even hold on to an 18 point lead against the Raptors, if Kobe missed that game winner they would have lost.

I can definitely see the Spurs vs Thunder in the western conference finals and at +750 ima have to place my 2 units now.
quote
placeholder send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
placeholder
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 15613
Location: Nevada
#2
Posted: 2/13/2012 1:56:54 PM
I like it! 
quote
BravesFan1984 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BravesFan1984
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3430
Location: Arkansas
#3
Posted: 2/13/2012 1:58:46 PM
Spurs are a good bet to win the West 
quote
StayHumble send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
StayHumble
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 71
Location: Illinois
#4
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:02:57 PM
good eye
quote
LetEMride send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LetEMride
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 3556
Location: California
#5
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:04:53 PM
i like the play. LAL not being a powerhouse give great value.
quote
vegas-angle send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
vegas-angle
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 318
Location: Virginia
#6
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:08:43 PM
I think someone from NBA TV said the same thing last night. It might be worth the bet now.
quote
LeagueCapper send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LeagueCapper
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6571
Location: California
#7
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:11:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vegas-angle:

I think someone from NBA TV said the same thing last night. It might be worth the bet now.


They have a significant game against the Clippers on the 18th , no real opponent until then. If they beat the Clippers handily on the 18th the line might drop a little then. Also Manu should be fully healthy by then so should be a fun game to watch in LA also
quote
2Team_Parlay send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
2Team_Parlay
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 8551
Location: California
#8
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:14:53 PM
what about Dallas LC u didnt mention them.. dirk is getting hot and the shortened season definitely helps veteran teams like the spurs and mavericks... i no the loss of barrea and chandler hurt them a lot and its tough to repeat... at my book i have dallas +700 to win the west and the spurs are currently at +1075
quote
Handicapper33 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
Handicapper33
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1717
Location: Nevada
#9
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:16:34 PM
LC the Spurs have played well this year but OKC is too good and matches up EXTREMELY WELL versus the Spurs. They have 3 guys that are extremely good at getting to the rim and have the inside game to shut down anyone. Spurs still get more respect because of the past and OKC I believe is still underrated. SPURS MUST GET HOME COURT if they have ANY CHANCE. OKC has played only 10 TOTAL games at home and are 21-6. Spurs are 6-8 Away while OKC is 12-5 and are 5-1 after a loss meaning they dont lose 2 games in a row. Spurs are dominant at home but below average at home. Their only chance is to get home court which they wont get. They are 19-9 with 8 of their losses away. It would be a nice payout but I just don't see the Spurs if they get to Western Conference Finals able to beat OKC. GL
quote
autoguys1987 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
autoguys1987
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 21
Location:
#10
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:16:52 PM
hey capper no picks for tonight?
quote
LeagueCapper send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LeagueCapper
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6571
Location: California
#11
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:17:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 2Team_Parlay:

what about Dallas LC u didnt mention them.. dirk is getting hot and the shortened season definitely helps veteran teams like the spurs and mavericks... i no the loss of barrea and chandler hurt them a lot and its tough to repeat... at my book i have dallas +700 to win the west and the spurs are currently at +1075


What book is the spurs at +1075? Also I don't see the Mavs doing it twice in a row I just can't see it there are hungrier teams now. Mavs got their title they wont want it as much this time. Spurs are gettin old just like the Mavs felt it could be their last chance last year I think that will be the case with the Spurs this year
quote
LeagueCapper send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LeagueCapper
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6571
Location: California
#12
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:19:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Handicapper33:

LC the Spurs have played well this year but OKC is too good and matches up EXTREMELY WELL versus the Spurs. They have 3 guys that are extremely good at getting to the rim and have the inside game to shut down anyone. Spurs still get more respect because of the past and OKC I believe is still underrated. SPURS MUST GET HOME COURT if they have ANY CHANCE. OKC has played only 10 TOTAL games at home and are 21-6. Spurs are 6-8 Away while OKC is 12-5 and are 5-1 after a loss meaning they dont lose 2 games in a row. Spurs are dominant at home but below average at home. Their only chance is to get home court which they wont get. They are 19-9 with 8 of their losses away. It would be a nice payout but I just don't see the Spurs if they get to Western Conference Finals able to beat OKC. GL


And I agree with you. The Thunder are a better team right now and could probably beat the Spurs in the playoffs but where the hell is the value in OKC at +125? Come playoff time anything can happen and the Spurs know what it takes to win in the playoffs. OKC is still a little young and Westbrook will never settle for being second fiddle to Durant and it could cost them a game or two just like last year.
quote
2Team_Parlay send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
2Team_Parlay
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 8551
Location: California
#13
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:22:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LeagueCapper:



What book is the spurs at +1075? Also I don't see the Mavs doing it twice in a row I just can't see it there are hungrier teams now. Mavs got their title they wont want it as much this time. Spurs are gettin old just like the Mavs felt it could be their last chance last year I think that will be the case with the Spurs this year


5dimes
quote
2Team_Parlay send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
2Team_Parlay
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 8551
Location: California
#14
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:22:44 PM
Mon 2/13  7:05PM
Oklahoma City Thunder  +150
Los Angeles Lakers  +450
Dallas Mavericks  +700
Los Angeles Clippers  +700
San Antonio Spurs  +1075
Portland Trailblazers  +1600
Denver Nuggets  +2200
Memphis Grizzlies  +2200
Houston Rockets  +4000
Utah Jazz  +6000
Minnesota Timberwolves  +10000
Golden State Warriors  +12000
Phoenix Suns  +12000
Sacramento Kings  +20000
New Orleans Hornets  +75000
quote
LeagueCapper send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LeagueCapper
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6571
Location: California
#15
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:24:09 PM
Also there below average record on the road has something to do with their best player being out for almost the whole season. If durant was out do you think the Thunder would have been 12-5 on the road? Dont think so
quote
LeagueCapper send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LeagueCapper
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6571
Location: California
#16
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:26:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 2Team_Parlay:



5dimes


Thanks, might have to make a deposit there thats some good value
quote
chau1007
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
chau1007
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 361
Location: Missouri
#17
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:27:07 PM
LC, 

Love your threads and much respect to you, but I have to disagree with you on this one.  Didn't Spurs exit 1st rd last year as #1 seed?  Spurs are not like the old spurs.  They are too old to do any damage.  They always do well in the regular season, but play like crap in the playoffs.  Spurs are like the Celtics, they were great back in the day, but no way they will win another NBA Title, or in this case, the conference championship.  Picking the Spurs is just !
quote
Theone324 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Theone324
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 18242
Location: New York
#18
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:28:39 PM
quote
HowardLangston send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
HowardLangston
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 820
Location: Minnesota
#19
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:30:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LeagueCapper:



And I agree with you. The Thunder are a better team right now and could probably beat the Spurs in the playoffs but where the hell is the value in OKC at +125? Come playoff time anything can happen and the Spurs know what it takes to win in the playoffs. OKC is still a little young and Westbrook will never settle for being second fiddle to Durant and it could cost them a game or two just like last year.

handicapper doesnt understand value . . . . . .
quote
JPSM send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
JPSM
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1731
Location:
#20
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:31:18 PM
quote
LeagueCapper send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LeagueCapper
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6571
Location: California
#21
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:31:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by chau1007:

LC, 

Love your threads and much respect to you, but I have to disagree with you on this one.  Didn't Spurs exit 1st rd last year as #1 seed?  Spurs are not like the old spurs.  They are too old to do any damage.  They always do well in the regular season, but play like crap in the playoffs.  Spurs are like the Celtics, they were great back in the day, but no way they will win another NBA Title, or in this case, the conference championship.  Picking the Spurs is just !


One would have said the Mavericks were too old to win it last year, what did they do in the playoffs the year before? Nothing. Also the Spurs had the #1 seed in the west last year but Ginobili's elbow injury limited them completely. He's there best player. If the Spurs are healthy come playoff time I can see them making one more run for it as the Mavs did last year
quote
LeagueCapper send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LeagueCapper
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6571
Location: California
#22
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:34:43 PM
Spurs have the best coach in the West, top 2 in bench scoring, and will most likely end up with the #2 seed and homecourt against anyone besides the Thunder. I'll take a veteran team at +1075 with those assets. Did anyone see what the players were saying before the season started? There still very pissed about being the #1 seed and gettin kicked out early. This is great value
quote
satownsfinest24 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
satownsfinest24
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 66
Location: Texas
#23
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:42:03 PM
Too old?! They have one of the younger teams this year
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
LeagueCapper send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LeagueCapper
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6571
Location: California
#24
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:46:15 PM
TicketAccepted DateRiskTo WinStatusWager
108936994-12/13/12 2:45pm$250.00$2,687.50Pending2/13/12 7:05pm Basketball NBA +1075 Western Conference - San Antonio Spurs
Totals:$250.00$2,687.50
quote
LeagueCapper send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LeagueCapper
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6571
Location: California
#25
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:47:21 PM
By the way thank you to 2Team Parlay for giving me the extra value

2Team_Parlay
quote
Forum Index : NBA Betting : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.