Messages

Forum Index : Music : Messages
Author: [Music] Topic: you need this...
misfit_aka
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
misfit_aka
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3713
Location:
#1
Posted: 4/4/2010 2:10:05 AM
1st up, "Mr excitement", this

and to bring you back down to earth , the Beatles with the swing they wish they were capable of... ENJOY
quote
THEMUGG
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 29343
Location: Washington
#2
Posted: 4/4/2010 1:30:09 PM
Good stuff.............something doesn't seem right with the remix though.......that beat makes the lyrics lose its feeling imo.
quote
Henry-Lilly send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
Henry-Lilly
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 10497
Location: St Vincent and
              the Grenadines
#3
Posted: 4/4/2010 10:22:16 PM
The Beatles are great.  Why darn it up with that?  Why not just put chocolate syrup on your pizza while your at it... 
quote
Sugarhouse send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Sugarhouse
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1784
Location:
#4
Posted: 4/6/2010 12:06:35 AM
I didn't realize Jackie Wilson was so great, even live. Wow. Sweet red, pirate jumpsuit, What were people thinking back then? Great, great vocals, though.
The Beatles mixed with Motown seems to be a good idea but that song sort of sucked. 
This one is a bit better. Mashups are pretty friggin cool if they're done well. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPtWh5XjiH0

next one is NIN and Beatles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM7tdWRkBp0


quote
misfit_aka
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
misfit_aka
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3713
Location:
#5
Posted: 4/7/2010 12:39:55 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Sugarhouse:

I didn't realize Jackie Wilson was so great, even live. Wow. Sweet red, pirate jumpsuit, What were people thinking back then? Great, great vocals, though.
The Beatles mixed with Motown seems to be a good idea but that song sort of sucked. 
This one is a bit better. Mashups are pretty friggin cool if they're done well. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPtWh5XjiH0

next one is NIN and Beatles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM7tdWRkBp0





i hated both mixes..eww, most mashups simply do not work.

jackie wilson went by numerous monikers, he was one of the first entertainers of that type of caliber we associate with pop music now (michael jackson  dancing-singing type).
quote
misfit_aka
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
misfit_aka
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3713
Location:
#6
Posted: 4/7/2010 12:42:12 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:

The Beatles are great.  Why darn it up with that?  Why not just put chocolate syrup on your pizza while your at it... 



its one thing to say u dont like it...but im sorry to think that you feel that putting the funk brothers music to a piss poor-mediocre beatles song "fucked it up"..you do know that funk brothers played on and recorded more hits that Elvis and Beatles combined?
quote
Henry-Lilly send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
Henry-Lilly
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 10497
Location: St Vincent and
              the Grenadines
#7
Posted: 4/7/2010 10:50:29 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by misfit_aka:



1st up, "Mr excitement", this

and to bring you back down to earth ,
the Beatles with the swing they wish they were capable of... ENJOY

its one thing to say u dont like it...but im sorry to think that you feel that putting the funk brothers music to a piss poor-mediocre beatles song "fucked it up"..you do know that funk brothers played on and recorded more hits that Elvis and Beatles combined?

It's one thing to say you appreciate the funk brothers, it's completely another to have to claim that the Beatles, one of the greatest bands of all time, is incapable of creating generic Funk Brothers backing music.  Get the darn outta here.  You also forgot to mention this: the name Funk Brothers is often casually used as a catch-all designation to cover any musician who played on a Motown record.... pretty easy to rack up numbers when your "band" plays with everyone in the genre.


Misfit-  trying to cram garbage into places that just don't fit.
quote
misfit_aka
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
misfit_aka
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3713
Location:
#8
Posted: 4/7/2010 11:15:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:


It's one thing to say you appreciate the funk brothers, it's completely another to have to claim that the Beatles, one of the greatest bands of all time, is incapable of creating generic Funk Brothers backing music.  Get the darn outta here.  You also forgot to mention this: the name Funk Brothers is often casually used as a catch-all designation to cover any musician who played on a Motown record.... pretty easy to rack up numbers when your "band" plays with everyone in the genre.


Misfit-  trying to cram garbage into places that just don't fit.


the core of the funk bros was basically unchanged in Motown-Detroit days. there were about 8 fellas who remained a constant in many of the hits and the b-sides in that period. 

MUSCIALLY SPEAKING, the Motown sound perfected by funk bros is far more reaching (and innovating) than the beatles....and yes, the beatles were incapable of creating "generic" R&B/funk backing music, they certainly attempted it tho look back both at their records and even the get back jam session tapes. I think ur zealousness for the fab-4 has clouded ur ability to be rational (as w/most of their fans)
quote
dennishopson send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
dennishopson
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 19119
Location: Florida
#9
Posted: 4/8/2010 4:53:03 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:

The Beatles are great.  Why darn it up with that?  Why not just put chocolate syrup on your pizza while your at it... 


Henry.......
quote
Henry-Lilly send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
Henry-Lilly
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 10497
Location: St Vincent and
              the Grenadines
#10
Posted: 4/8/2010 10:07:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by misfit_aka:



the core of the funk bros was basically unchanged in Motown-Detroit days. there were about 8 fellas who remained a constant in many of the hits and the b-sides in that period

MUSCIALLY SPEAKING, the Motown sound perfected by funk bros is far more reaching (and innovating) than the beatles....and yes, the beatles were incapable of creating "generic" R&B/funk backing music, they certainly attempted it tho look back both at their records and even the get back jam session tapes. I think ur zealousness for the fab-4 has clouded ur ability to be rational (as w/most of their fans)

Either get your facts straight or go back to your crayons and coloring books, son.  
quote
dennishopson send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
dennishopson
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 19119
Location: Florida
#11
Posted: 4/8/2010 10:11:25 PM
A strong slap down............
quote
misfit_aka
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
misfit_aka
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3713
Location:
#12
Posted: 4/9/2010 10:54:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:


Either get your facts straight or go back to your crayons and coloring books, son.  


wow..u put me in my place...i bet you think paul "showtunes" McCartney is a better bass player than James Jamerson too (go ahead and go to Wikipedia cause  I know ur clueless to who he is). your completely hopeless. here is one Beatle question you can answer: which Beatle do u wanna suck off the most?
quote
Sugarhouse send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Sugarhouse
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1784
Location:
#13
Posted: 4/10/2010 8:15:49 PM
Oprama and the well-endowed grouse goin' at it. 
quote
misfit_aka
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
misfit_aka
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3713
Location:
#14
Posted: 4/14/2010 8:22:46 PM
that henry-lilly was beginner to embarrass himself...another foe (fool) vanquished.
quote
Henry-Lilly send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
Henry-Lilly
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 10497
Location: St Vincent and
              the Grenadines
#15
Posted: 4/14/2010 10:20:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by misfit_aka:



wow..u put me in my place...i bet you think paul "showtunes" McCartney is a better bass player than James Jamerson too (go ahead and go to Wikipedia cause  I know ur clueless to who he is). your completely hopeless. here is one Beatle question you can answer: which Beatle do u wanna suck off the most?

Rookie:

              After you got owned your argument was reduced to "who is a better bass player"? And then you confess your hero worship homoerotic fantasies by  suggesting anyone who appreciates good music wants to suck the musician off... just because you want to, doesn't mean everyone else wants to suck a musician off.  You are projecting your tendencies, tiny dancer.   Finally, you suggest that I am a beginner and embarrassed myself.  Do you try to be this confessional and transparent or does it come naturally?  You are a rookie subconsciously exposing his homoerotic fantasies on a gambling website... who is getting embarrassed here?   
quote
misfit_aka
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
misfit_aka
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3713
Location:
#16
Posted: 4/15/2010 5:28:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:


Rookie:

              After you got owned your argument was reduced to "who is a better bass player"? And then you confess your hero worship homoerotic fantasies by  suggesting anyone who appreciates good music wants to suck the musician off... just because you want to, doesn't mean everyone else wants to suck a musician off.  You are projecting your tendencies, tiny dancer.   Finally, you suggest that I am a beginner and embarrassed myself.  Do you try to be this confessional and transparent or does it come naturally?  You are a rookie subconsciously exposing his homoerotic fantasies on a gambling website... who is getting embarrassed here?   


where's the counter argument? or are u content with pop psychology...get a clue...
quote
misfit_aka
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
misfit_aka
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3713
Location:
#17
Posted: 4/15/2010 8:08:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

Good stuff.............something doesn't seem right with the remix though.......that beat makes the lyrics lose its feeling imo.


I think the remix makes the lyrics more soulful (funk bros do that dont they?) compared to the original which comes off a bit melodramatic.
quote
Forum Index : Music : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.