I'm a meat eater but it is what it is right?

Forum: General Discussion
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: I'm a meat eater but it is what it is right?
Stiln PM Stiln
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 6424
 
Stiln
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/13/2012 8:54:38 PM
tough garbage then huh??




http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bNY4Fjsdft4
wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51478
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/13/2012 9:28:47 PM
When you purchase meat from these massive multi national firms like Tyson then you can be 100% assured that this is exactly what goes on, or worse.


-29- PM -29-
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3304
 
-29-
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/13/2012 10:56:20 PM
 I truly believe that as a result of the continual evolution of man, meat eaters will eventually be part of a small minority.
wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51478
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:18:41 PM
I dont think many people are watching this video or the replies would be much higher than just four.

I was shocked multiple times at what was happening, it was truly disgusting.
The8ofCups PM The8ofCups
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 816
 
The8ofCups
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:23:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by -29-:

 I truly believe that as a result of the continual evolution of man, meat eaters will eventually be part of a small minority.


Why would you believe that?  Millions of years of evolution made us omnivores.  What evolutionary pressure is going to change that?
wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51478
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:29:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by The8ofCups:



Why would you believe that?  Millions of years of evolution made us omnivores.  What evolutionary pressure is going to change that?

People realizing the brutality occurring to provide cheap, corporate meat.

The speed of media reporting for brutality positively has an effect of opinion and for sure turns people away from eating meat.
LanceLogan PM LanceLogan
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 5252
 
LanceLogan
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:35:06 PM

I forgot how large pigs got, some of those have to be at least 250 lbs.

ad1260 PM ad1260
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 8014
 
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:49:36 PM
You guys are crazy if you think people will stop eating meat. If it weren't for companies like Tyson then meat prices would be much higher. Also, it almost unreasonable for a lower lower-middle or even middle class family of 4 or 5 to eat ALL ORGANIC ALL THE TIME. The prices of that stuff is SUBSTANTIALLY HIGHER. Once again, its all about $$$$$ at the end of the day. 
bill702 PM bill702
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2210
 
bill702
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:53:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:


People realizing the brutality occurring to provide cheap, corporate meat.

The speed of media reporting for brutality positively has an effect of opinion and for sure turns people away from eating meat.
You can apply that logic to anything then. Are people going to stop shopping at wal mart? People know what's going on, but they simply don't care and won't start caring now.
wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51478
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/14/2012 12:03:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ad1260:

You guys are crazy if you think people will stop eating meat. If it weren't for companies like Tyson then meat prices would be much higher. Also, it almost unreasonable for a lower lower-middle or even middle class family of 4 or 5 to eat ALL ORGANIC ALL THE TIME. The prices of that stuff is SUBSTANTIALLY HIGHER. Once again, its all about $$$$$ at the end of the day. 

I dont agree.

I am unable to afford all organic all the time but I make choices in other areas to make my choices easier.

Meaning I buy product when it is on sale and try to prepare for future needs and cook to budget. So if I can get a good deal on something I will purchase in quantity  and prepare it or seal it and use later.

So seeing this video just pushes me further from buying product from Tyson. If I manage money properly and eat meat very sparingly I can avoid corporate cheap crap like this.
-29- PM -29-
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3304
 
-29-
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/14/2012 12:08:32 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by The8ofCups:



Why would you believe that?  Millions of years of evolution made us omnivores.  What evolutionary pressure is going to change that?

 

 For health reasons alone if nothing else. Red meat has proven to be something that should be enjoyed sparingly in order to avoid several different types of disesase. And as far as chicken goes, as nasty as the chicken harvesting environment is, it's only a matter of time before some catastrophic outbreak effects the industry.Most people have no idea of the cruelty and utter filth that exists in every one of the large poultry plants.

 

 Not to mention that environmentally speaking, livestock is a terribly inefficient way to produce food.

 

BTW - I am neither a friend/supporter of PETA nor a liberal activist type, I just prefer to have a diet that I can feel good about for  being both healthy and humane,

Kelly_Slater PM Kelly_Slater
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7621
 
Kelly_Slater
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/14/2012 12:10:58 AM
as long as it's steak and not person you are doing fine. 
D_Unit PM D_Unit
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2642
 
D_Unit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/14/2012 12:17:24 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by -29-:

 

 For health reasons alone if nothing else. Red meat has proven to be something that should be enjoyed sparingly in order to avoid several different types of disesase. And as far as chicken goes, as nasty as the chicken harvesting environment is, it's only a matter of time before some catastrophic outbreak effects the industry.Most people have no idea of the cruelty and utter filth that exists in every one of the large poultry plants.

 

 Not to mention that environmentally speaking, livestock is a terribly inefficient way to produce food.

 

BTW - I am neither a friend/supporter of PETA nor a liberal activist type, I just prefer to have a diet that I can feel good about for  being both healthy and humane,



Biggest misconception and false information delivered to man by the controlling liberal media. It depends on your blood type, stomach alkalinity and other factors if one is able to process redmeat.  My mom started a vegetarian diet , a yr later had elevated cholesterol and gained 20 lbs. She read the blood type book, started back on her paleolithic diet and viola she returned to normal. Of course we only do organic redmeat, and there is disgusting ways of processing food, but to make a broad generalization as you did is foolish.
ad1260 PM ad1260
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 8014
 
ad1260
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/14/2012 12:22:57 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:


I dont agree.

I am unable to afford all organic all the time but I make choices in other areas to make my choices easier.

Meaning I buy product when it is on sale and try to prepare for future needs and cook to budget. So if I can get a good deal on something I will purchase in quantity  and prepare it or seal it and use later.

So seeing this video just pushes me further from buying product from Tyson. If I manage money properly and eat meat very sparingly I can avoid corporate cheap crap like this.

wallstreetcappers, I am impressed that you do that and commend you for it. However, there are millions upon millions of people in this country/world that simply are ignorant, have financial problems, or are simply stupid/ignorant or just simply don't give a garbage. I worked in a grocery store almost 5 years...I would say that 15% of the people were in your situation, where they actually cut in other avenues in their lives and made better food choices. 
-29- PM -29-
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3304
 
-29-
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/14/2012 12:32:38 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by D_Unit:



Biggest misconception and false information delivered to man by the controlling liberal media. It depends on your blood type, stomach alkalinity and other factors if one is able to process redmeat.  My mom started a vegetarian diet , a yr later had elevated cholesterol and gained 20 lbs. She read the blood type book, started back on her paleolithic diet and viola she returned to normal. Of course we only do organic redmeat, and there is disgusting ways of processing food, but to make a broad generalization as you did is foolish.

 

 darn the "liberal media", for once they have nothing to do with this. Speaking as a hardcore conservative,whether it's organic or not, eating red meat often is a ticking time bomb. 

http://www.living-a-healthy-lifestyle.com/dangers-of-red-meat.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story?id=7153072&page=1

http://www.ehow.com/info_8190951_dangers-eating-red-meat.html

 

 I generally agree with and enjoy reading the majority of your posts, but in this case I feel that you are somewhat misguided.  

D_Unit PM D_Unit
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2642
 
D_Unit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/14/2012 12:49:01 AM
Well you have not experienced some of the health concerns as i probably have, and as a result I've learned about the human origins of diet and why certain people food allergies and process food differently. To sum it up just take a few mins to read up on the blood type diet. It's backed by decades of research based on societal eating habits and origins. If your willing to read w/ an open mind then it might hit home.
Forum: General Discussion
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.