Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages
Author: [Politics] Topic: Unions
glenndef62 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Location: Massachusetts
#1
Posted: 5/1/2012 12:32:37 PM

Union workers recently went on strike at the Caterpillar plant in Illinois.

 

Their contract expired.

 

There are many unemployed people who would like to work at Caterpillar.

 

Should anyone who wants to work at Caterpillar be beaten and threatened by union members.

 

Why do the admin and the unions object to not having membership mandatory?

 

Why do they object to having a secret ballot, so folks who don’t vote for the union aren’t afraid of being beaten and harassed?

 

How can they call such a policy the “free choice act”?

 

Are unions good for the country as a whole?

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4130
Location: Greece
#2
Posted: 5/1/2012 12:50:50 PM

How long until the alias police come out and issue charges? Count on it because this is usually my territory.

Those that think unions are sliced bread will not be honest about modern day union contributions to society.

Many union sympathizers will go to the extremes and say why don't you care about the american workers?

The answer is I care more about them than they do because I wan't them to have their 'sustainable' jobs for an infinite amount of time. I want to see American Steel jobs...but the unions already made sure those jobs were outsourced.

quote
Coppsguy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Coppsguy
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9280
Location: Wisconsin
#3
Posted: 5/1/2012 11:35:29 PM
Crickets from the left on this
quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23579
Location: United States
#4
Posted: 5/2/2012 1:35:29 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Coppsguy:

Crickets from the left on this


This talking point is hilarious to me because it make hypocrites out of both sides...

Obama told Joe the plummer about redistribution of wealth...

Funny how certain groups of people are obsessed with redistribution of union wealth...

and you would think liberals would be all over attacking the greedy unions but you have "21st century conservatives" (act like liberals with conservative talking points) being the one bitching and moaning that it is unfair that unions have too much money and power...

This talking point makes fools of both sides
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4130
Location: Greece
#5
Posted: 5/2/2012 12:49:20 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by dl36:



This talking point is hilarious to me because it make hypocrites out of both sides...

Obama told Joe the plummer about redistribution of wealth...

Funny how certain groups of people are obsessed with redistribution of union wealth...

and you would think liberals would be all over attacking the greedy unions but you have "21st century conservatives" (act like liberals with conservative talking points) being the one bitching and moaning that it is unfair that unions have too much money and power...

This talking point makes fools of both sides

You don't get it at all.

When it takes down a country like Greece. When it is about to take a country like Spain down and others...like a small country called the USA...it ceases to be merely a talking point.

Do you have any idea what unsustainable means?

Example:

This morning I was washing my hands and had turned the hot water valve to far. I felt an immediate hot sensation coming from the hot water that was gradually getting too hot for me to tolerate. Finally, I had reached my limit and had to shut the valve completely off.

Next time, I'll remember to temper the heat better by turning the cold water on simultaneously.

I tried to use the easiest example that you could surely understand. Hopefully, you got it now!

quote
thirdperson
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thirdperson
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1270
Location:
#6
Posted: 5/2/2012 11:43:15 PM

For years, membership in labour unions have been in decline as they become increasingly irrelevant in modern society.   In the past, unions helped to improve wages, safety and working conditions.  But now they just appear greedy and selfish. 

Why is union membership mandatory?  Laws give employees the right to organize an union.

Secret ballots?  Yes, voting is secret.

Labour union good for countries?  Both good and bad.

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23579
Location: United States
#7
Posted: 5/3/2012 2:14:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

You don't get it at all.

When it takes down a country like Greece. When it is about to take a country like Spain down and others...like a small country called the USA...it ceases to be merely a talking point.

Do you have any idea what unsustainable means?

Example:

This morning I was washing my hands and had turned the hot water valve to far. I felt an immediate hot sensation coming from the hot water that was gradually getting too hot for me to tolerate. Finally, I had reached my limit and had to shut the valve completely off.

Next time, I'll remember to temper the heat better by turning the cold water on simultaneously.

I tried to use the easiest example that you could surely understand. Hopefully, you got it now!



you are too funny

because I have a view independent of your's "I dont get it"

Every time you post you reveal to everyone who you really are
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4130
Location: Greece
#8
Posted: 5/3/2012 1:32:44 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by dl36:



you are too funny

because I have a view independent of your's "I dont get it"

Every time you post you reveal to everyone who you really are

Interesting enough that you never have the balls to critically analyze anything.

Easiest for a simpleton like yourself to comment on the commentors rather than the issues themselves.

Simpleton who makes other simpleton's look like geniouses.

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.