My weekend blackjack trip to AC is over. Time to get back to business

Forum: General Discussion Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: My weekend blackjack trip to AC is over. Time to get back to business
Rocafella PM Rocafella
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 21463
 
Rocafella
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 4/24/2012 10:39:59 PM
Ah, the Showboat. 
michaelpaul1 PM michaelpaul1
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 22613
 
michaelpaul1
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:14:48 AM
 wish I was there with you Lipps...you seem to know your stuff...
Burly PM Burly
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 646
 
Burly
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:52:49 PM

been practising with your idea of playing 3 hands against the dealer heads up and changing up to 2 hands if not going well and its working great, I just need to build my bankroll cause to play more hands the table minimum is raised

thanks Lippsman

Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79221
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/25/2012 3:39:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Burly:

been practising with your idea of playing 3 hands against the dealer heads up and changing up to 2 hands if not going well and its working great, I just need to build my bankroll cause to play more hands the table minimum is raised

thanks Lippsman

Usually they require you to play the number of units = to the number of hands you are playing.

jpero PM jpero
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 9372
 
jpero
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/25/2012 4:58:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lippsman:

So you are using the Uston simple plus/minus ?  I still say go with the KO system. If you do decide to get the KO book, get in touch with me before you get to chapter 7.  I have some improvements for you.  But if you are playing an 8 deck game you might as well stick with the complete KO strategy.



Lipps have you ever read this article by Arnold Snyder:

Link

He says that KO counting system is not as strong as the authors as the book make it seem. He also goes onto to say he has not come out to talk bad about the authors or the book because its one of the best books on the market and he doesn't believe the authors meant to deceive anyone with their data.


Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79221
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:32:10 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by jpero:



Lipps have you ever read this article by Arnold Snyder:

Link

He says that KO counting system is not as strong as the authors as the book make it seem. He also goes onto to say he has not come out to talk bad about the authors or the book because its one of the best books on the market and he doesn't believe the authors meant to deceive anyone with their data.


You need to take a look at the date of that article and search for his updated comments on it.

Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79221
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:35:52 PM
BTW, when KO first came out all the BJ heavyweights just slammed it.  No way could something this easy be as powerful as thier systems.  Well time and computer power proved them wrong.  Again this goes to the betting strategy, which was not taken advantage of like it should of been.
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79221
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:38:30 PM

If you can't find it, here is the updated comment by Arnold Snyder.

"The Knock-Out blackjack system is a very well thought out and clearly presented system which allows players to obtain a healthy advantage over the casinos. Very logical and easy-to-follow, an excellent book for any player who is looking for one of the easiest and strongest professional level systems every published. The book provides an excellent overview of card-counting from both the historical and mathematical perspectives, presented in a style which is both scholarly and easy to read."

--Arnold Snyder, Publisher of Blackjack Forum

PLAYAAAA1969 PM PLAYAAAA1969
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 6852
 
PLAYAAAA1969
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:12:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lippsman:

If you can't find it, here is the updated comment by Arnold Snyder.

"The Knock-Out blackjack system is a very well thought out and clearly presented system which allows players to obtain a healthy advantage over the casinos. Very logical and easy-to-follow, an excellent book for any player who is looking for one of the easiest and strongest professional level systems every published. The book provides an excellent overview of card-counting from both the historical and mathematical perspectives, presented in a style which is both scholarly and easy to read."

--Arnold Snyder, Publisher of Blackjack Forum



KO is the best and easiest system...It works great pre and post alcoholic beverages ........Going back this and next weekend....
jpero PM jpero
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 9372
 
jpero
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:30:13 PM
I didnt see that. Thanks for pointing it out


Burly PM Burly
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 646
 
Burly
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:59:43 PM

also another question,

with the separate ace count, how would that affect your bet size? would you only bet extra if the count was also in your favor?

i understand how to calculate when the deck is ace are heavy, just wanna see how you approach it.

again thanks so much for all your time and knowledge

 

Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79221
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:45:52 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Burly:

also another question,

with the separate ace count, how would that affect your bet size? would you only bet extra if the count was also in your favor?

i understand how to calculate when the deck is ace are heavy, just wanna see how you approach it.

again thanks so much for all your time and knowledge

 

Yes the count would have to be in my favor.  Even with extra Aces in the deck, it won't do much good if you have a real negative deck with a good number of 10's out already.

I look for example after one deck delt, 4 aces should of came out. If I don't see any I will bump up my wager one unit for sure.  I do it the same way as you would calculate a true count. Divide the number of decks left by the number of aces that should be left in there.

tazs_crew PM tazs_crew
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 25932
 
tazs_crew
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 4/26/2012 11:26:47 AM
great article...the man who made Atlantic City his private party last year
 
 
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/04/the-man-who-broke-atlantic-city/8900/?single_page=true

Burly PM Burly
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 646
 
Burly
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 4/26/2012 9:58:44 PM
nice post tazs_crew
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79221
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/30/2012 12:10:51 PM

I remember this story.  But I still think he was using some sort of at least basic count strategy. Also the casinos really underestimated him.

Props to him for making them pay.....and pay large.

jpero PM jpero
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 9372
 
jpero
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/30/2012 12:55:08 PM
Lipps I typically use Hi-Lo count and am the KO count looks to be just as good and much easier to use.  Anyway was reading a lot about the KO/ reKO counts and I had one question.

For a basic strategy chart for KO it says to double on 8 vs. 5/6  LINK. But then on the REKO link you posted the chart in there says to not double on a 8 vs. 5/6 and to only double when you reach the count of +2.

Would you be able to clarify which is the correct play or does it change from KO to REKO?
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79221
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/30/2012 4:49:47 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by jpero:

Lipps I typically use Hi-Lo count and am the KO count looks to be just as good and much easier to use.  Anyway was reading a lot about the KO/ reKO counts and I had one question.

For a basic strategy chart for KO it says to double on 8 vs. 5/6  LINK. But then on the REKO link you posted the chart in there says to not double on a 8 vs. 5/6 and to only double when you reach the count of +2.

Would you be able to clarify which is the correct play or does it change from KO to REKO?

It changes from KO to REKO.  REKO makes is much more easy by using the same +2 for everything. 

BTW if you are playing 8 deck games REKO really doesn't pick up any extra advantage.  But you really should use it instead if playing in Vegas.  But in AC, almost everything is an 8 deck game now.  So you gotta use your own judgement there. But I tell ya, as much as I hope to hit that +2, it doesn't hit often. You play basic strategy over 90% of the time.

Burly PM Burly
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 646
 
Burly
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 5/7/2012 8:28:57 PM

lippsman what if the REKO was used with out counting aces towards the count and then starting out each deck with a -8 instead of a -4 what is your thoughts on that?

aces would be counted as potvin says on a seperate count

Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79221
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 5/8/2012 8:48:13 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Burly:

lippsman what if the REKO was used with out counting aces towards the count and then starting out each deck with a -8 instead of a -4 what is your thoughts on that?

aces would be counted as potvin says on a seperate count

I believe it would be better to keep the same count and count aces on the side.  So after one deck being dealt if you saw less then 4 aces then just use your judgement on how much more positive you think the deck is.

Almost doing a true count of the decks.  Which BTW, some people do.

Forum: General Discussion Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.