Messages

Forum Index : Mixed Martial Arts : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Mixed Martial Arts] Topic: UFC 143 Plays
deserted send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
deserted
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 684
Location: Saskatchewan
#26
Posted: 2/5/2012 1:08:10 PM
theres no way figueroa won any rounds of those fights..I agree with sawman on this one, howdoyou is indeed an idiot
quote
MR219 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
MR219
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4913
Location: Ontario
#27
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:09:21 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Howdoiplayxx:



i think fig won the 1st round...what did bruce do besides get kicked in his head and basically knocked out, then fig was trying to finish for however long that was, and then what? alex scrambled his way and basically tried to choke him for the last part of the round....and you think that warrants him winning?

not sure i agree with you saying bruce was dominating the stand up striking, pretty sure thats not true at all, he had a huge edge on the ground but really couldnt submit him.

imo fig should have not continued after those 2 huge nut shots and just took the win, he was obviously hurting from those 2 kicks to his groin and you could see it in his power and his movement...the kid is good and you saying he isnt ufc calibre is pretty laughable.

do you think alex is ufc calibre?

Honestly, I have no idea what you were watching in the first round if you thought Figueroa was winning any of the striking exchanges prior to the head kick.

I stand by what I say.  Figueroa is not a UFC calibre fighter.  Caceres pretty much exposed the fact that Figuero has zero ground game whatsoever.  You cannot be a UFC fighter if you are taken down and give up your back within 5 seconds over and over again.  If you don't think Caceres is UFC calibre fighter, then how was he able to do what he did Figueroa over and over again in that fight.

BTW, what do you think guys like Brad Picket, Scott Jorgensen, Renan Barao, Urijah Faber, Dominick Cruz, etc would do with your boy Fiugeroa?  You honestly think he would last a round with any of these guys?

quote
MR219 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
MR219
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4913
Location: Ontario
#28
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:10:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sawman:

you're an idiot. you're just trying to justify your prefight comments that caceres sucks. caceres dominated figueroa and fig was looking for a way out by working the injuries. first 2 pt deuct i've ever seen

Bang on my friend, bang on! 

quote
MR219 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
MR219
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4913
Location: Ontario
#29
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:10:58 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by deserted:

theres no way figueroa won any rounds of those fights..I agree with sawman on this one, howdoyou is indeed an idiot

quote
boberts427
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
boberts427
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 4933
Location: United States
#30
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:13:43 PM
im done posting plays for MMA, I've got my sports that I've made profitable, but MMA, I have no business posting
quote
PhillySportsFan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PhillySportsFan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1535
Location: Pennsylvania
#31
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:26:48 PM
that was the last chance your gonna get Werdum at a good price
quote
PhillySportsFan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PhillySportsFan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1535
Location: Pennsylvania
#32
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:27:01 PM
i knew i should of took Werdum darn me 
quote
PhillySportsFan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PhillySportsFan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1535
Location: Pennsylvania
#33
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:28:05 PM
I followed ur 1 play and that was Condit. Thanks
quote
jonnyg4508 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
jonnyg4508
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 510
Location:
#34
Posted: 2/5/2012 4:42:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Howdoiplayxx:



i think fig won the 1st round...what did bruce do besides get kicked in his head and basically knocked out, then fig was trying to finish for however long that was, and then what? alex scrambled his way and basically tried to choke him for the last part of the round....and you think that warrants him winning?

not sure i agree with you saying bruce was dominating the stand up striking, pretty sure thats not true at all, he had a huge edge on the ground but really couldnt submit him.

imo fig should have not continued after those 2 huge nut shots and just took the win, he was obviously hurting from those 2 kicks to his groin and you could see it in his power and his movement...the kid is good and you saying he isnt ufc calibre is pretty laughable.

do you think alex is ufc calibre?


Not exactly sure which fight you watched.  Fig had a couple nice shots 1 being that head kick.  But other than that Bruce LeRoy was waaaay crisper in the standup.  And got his back with ease multiple times.  He out struck him and did anything he wanted besides finish on the ground. 

I think Bruce LeRoy is a legit BW.  At BW he is one of the bigger guys.  His striking is smooth.  Hi ground game is getting better and better.  He is only like 23 years old.  He is a legit fighter, and will continue to grow. 
quote
Howdoiplayxx send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Howdoiplayxx
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2677
Location: Nevada
#35
Posted: 2/5/2012 5:29:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MR219:

Honestly, I have no idea what you were watching in the first round if you thought Figueroa was winning any of the striking exchanges prior to the head kick.

I stand by what I say.  Figueroa is not a UFC calibre fighter.  Caceres pretty much exposed the fact that Figuero has zero ground game whatsoever.  You cannot be a UFC fighter if you are taken down and give up your back within 5 seconds over and over again.  If you don't think Caceres is UFC calibre fighter, then how was he able to do what he did Figueroa over and over again in that fight.

BTW, what do you think guys like Brad Picket, Scott Jorgensen, Renan Barao, Urijah Faber, Dominick Cruz, etc would do with your boy Fiugeroa?  You honestly think he would last a round with any of these guys?



so melvin guillard isnt ufc calibre right? because you just said you cannot be a ufc fighter and be taken down and give up ur back in 5 seconds....or did i misunderstand u?

im not saying he is a world beater, but u r acting like he is pure garbage and i disagree with that, before you just assume i am saying he can last with the top 4 guys in his weight class why dont u take 1 second to read if thats what im implying or saying? because it wasnt.

i stand by my comment saying bruce leroy sucks, he kicked a guy full speed in the friggin nuts twice and knocked him out basically, congrats you almost beat a guy at 60% probably...im not going to say fig won the 1st round 100% but to say leroy CLEARLY did is nonsense imo lol


i went 11-0 on this card betting every fight and hit a 9-1 4-1 and 2-1 parlay....thats all i really give a garbage about

 gl


quote
Qncyk1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1065
Location: Mexico
#36
Posted: 2/5/2012 6:10:43 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by PhillySportsFan:

i knew i should of took Werdum darn me 

i had werdum last night and went against everyone in the forum.

sometimes its very hard to do as most of the people here are extremely knowledeable.

quote
MR219 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
MR219
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4913
Location: Ontario
#37
Posted: 2/5/2012 11:52:32 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by boberts427:

im done posting plays for MMA, I've got my sports that I've made profitable, but MMA, I have no business posting

Always best to concentrate on the sports you are good at, and tail the respected posters on the sports you are less familiar with, if you need that kind of degen action...

quote
MR219 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
MR219
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4913
Location: Ontario
#38
Posted: 2/5/2012 11:53:35 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by PhillySportsFan:

i knew i should of took Werdum darn me 

A lot of people took Nelson.  I do not think too many people imagined that Werdum's striking would improve that drastically, and that fast...

quote
MR219 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
MR219
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4913
Location: Ontario
#39
Posted: 2/5/2012 11:54:12 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by PhillySportsFan:

I followed ur 1 play and that was Condit. Thanks

Happy you made some money on Condit

quote
MR219 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
MR219
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4913
Location: Ontario
#40
Posted: 2/5/2012 11:54:44 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by jonnyg4508:



Not exactly sure which fight you watched.  Fig had a couple nice shots 1 being that head kick.  But other than that Bruce LeRoy was waaaay crisper in the standup.  And got his back with ease multiple times.  He out struck him and did anything he wanted besides finish on the ground. 

I think Bruce LeRoy is a legit BW.  At BW he is one of the bigger guys.  His striking is smooth.  Hi ground game is getting better and better.  He is only like 23 years old.  He is a legit fighter, and will continue to grow. 

quote
MR219 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
MR219
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4913
Location: Ontario
#41
Posted: 2/6/2012 12:04:35 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Howdoiplayxx:



so melvin guillard isnt ufc calibre right? because you just said you cannot be a ufc fighter and be taken down and give up ur back in 5 seconds....or did i misunderstand u?

im not saying he is a world beater, but u r acting like he is pure garbage and i disagree with that, before you just assume i am saying he can last with the top 4 guys in his weight class why dont u take 1 second to read if thats what im implying or saying? because it wasnt.

i stand by my comment saying bruce leroy sucks, he kicked a guy full speed in the friggin nuts twice and knocked him out basically, congrats you almost beat a guy at 60% probably...im not going to say fig won the 1st round 100% but to say leroy CLEARLY did is nonsense imo lol


i went 11-0 on this card betting every fight and hit a 9-1 4-1 and 2-1 parlay....thats all i really give a garbage about

 gl


You missed my point entirely.  You have to be a complete MMA fighter to last in the UFC.  The one trick ponies (e.g. The Phil Baronis, The Paul Kelly's, The Mirko Cro Cop's, the Kendal Grove's, etc) of the world are no longer able to compete at this level with only being good at one aspect of MMA.

If Figueroa cannot improve his ground game, he won't last long in the UFC.  In his three fights, he has shown very little to make me believe he will have a long lasting UFC career.  That is why I don't think he is UFC calibre.

...and congrats if you went 11-0.  Very nice.  It would be nice to see you starting your own threads so we can all see your plays (forgive me if you do have a post and I did not see it).  Good luck on Feb 15. I look forward to seeing your plays...

quote
PhillySportsFan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
PhillySportsFan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1535
Location: Pennsylvania
#42
Posted: 2/6/2012 11:48:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Qncyk1:

i had werdum last night and went against everyone in the forum.

sometimes its very hard to do as most of the people here are extremely knowledeable.


thanks man yea espically i didnt pull the trigger cause MR has Nelson and i know hes pretty good with his mma
quote
Forum Index : Mixed Martial Arts : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.