Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: The Video
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37828
Location: Minnesota
#26
Posted: 3/29/2012 4:00:43 PM
One person shot another unarmed person. And we're supposed to just take his word for it, despite all the mounting evidence contradicting his version of events??
____________

Are we supposed to just put him in jail for life because something doesn't smell right to you?  No.  What we do is we investigate....gather evidence.....decide whether to prosecute....and take it from there.  

People need to understand that it wasn't Zimmerman's fault that the police botched this so badly.  TWO SEPARATE issues.  Now why did the police do such a crap job?  I won't even go there.  Could be a ton of different reasons and race certainly could be one of them.  

Might the police have messed up and missed some important evidence?  Sure.  But once again, that's not Zimmerman's fault.  You can't assume something just because the police did a bad job. 

I am continually amazed at how little people know about how our legal system works.  I probably know too many lawyers.  
quote
OakleyDoak
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
OakleyDoak
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1092
Location: Ohio
#27
Posted: 3/29/2012 4:22:49 PM

I noticed an officer taking a close albeit quick look at the back of Zimmerman's head. This suggests to me that an injury was in fact acknowledged.

It's been reported that Zimmerman received first-aid at the scene.
This explains to me why he is at the police station and not at a hospital.

What exactly does this video further surmount,in terms of evidence ?

I think the OP is trying to rile as many as possible with this thread.

Not to mention the derogatory stereotype asserted due to the HAIRSTYLES !

quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7908
Location: Canada
#28
Posted: 3/29/2012 4:26:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by OakleyDoak:

I noticed an officer taking a close albeit quick look at the back of Zimmerman's head. This suggests to me that an injury was in fact acknowledged.

It's been reported that Zimmerman received first-aid at the scene.
This explains to me why he is at the police station and not at a hospital.

What exactly does this video further surmount,in terms of evidence ?

I think the OP is trying to rile as many as possible with this thread.

Not to mention the derogatory stereotype asserted due to the HAIRSTYLES !


A dark cynical offensive joke. Perfect representation of the Covers politics forum.




quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4176
Location: Greece
#29
Posted: 3/29/2012 4:30:46 PM

When the dust settles, there are several things we will find out about ourselves. (ourselves loosely)

1. Who are the real racist aholes.

2. Who are the covers dickheads that have zero common sense.

3. Most people with zero common sense are also racist, dickheads.

quote
OakleyDoak
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
OakleyDoak
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1092
Location: Ohio
#30
Posted: 3/29/2012 4:43:09 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by DiscoD69]

A dark cynical offensive joke. Perfect representation of the Covers politics forum.




[/Quote Yep ! But,we can't get there from there.
This is a very serious case with long-term repercussions on our societal mores framework.

Lets hope garbage doesn't start to stink worse than it already smells after a final decision in this case is issued.

quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5845
Location: Nevada
#31
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:31:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


Bullshit. 

I disagree. People originally thought Zimmerman was white. If his name was Jesus Gomez this doesn't make the national news. Same with Malcolm Jenkins. 

Black males die daily in this country and we never hear about it. Why are we hearing about this one? 


quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14275
Location:
#32
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:33:32 PM
Are we sure what day this is,  Reports have him wearing a Red shirt when the event took place. 

Could this be an interview the next morning? 
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7908
Location: Canada
#33
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:47:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:


I disagree. People originally thought Zimmerman was white. If his name was Jesus Gomez this doesn't make the national news. Same with Malcolm Jenkins. 

Black males die daily in this country and we never hear about it. Why are we hearing about this one? 



I understand what you're saying but that's a whole different issue.

Again, just because something wouldn't make national news, doesn't mean it shouldn't make national news.

If anything, that argument speaks volumes about the ineptitude of the news media. Instead of reporting on real issues like how gun policy is affecting crime and murder rates, and reporting on and demanding justice EVERY time a person get's killed, they choose not to. If there are too many millions of murders to report on, well isn't that the problem in itself? 

How many murders does the USA need before people wake up? How much gun crime is enough? How many people have to needlessly die before people finally get fed up with these misguided laws? Maybe just one. Maybe just Trayvon. Maybe this is the straw that will break the camel's back. Time will tell 
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7908
Location: Canada
#34
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:53:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:

Are we sure what day this is,  Reports have him wearing a Red shirt when the event took place. 

Could this be an interview the next morning? 

It was 'reported' as being stamped 7:52pm, 35 minutes after the incident.

In opening frame, the date displayed is 2012-02-26 19h52min, so it is the day in question.

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4176
Location: Greece
#35
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:21:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


I understand what you're saying but that's a whole different issue.

Again, just because something wouldn't make national news, doesn't mean it shouldn't make national news.

If anything, that argument speaks volumes about the ineptitude of the news media. Instead of reporting on real issues like how gun policy is affecting crime and murder rates, and reporting on and demanding justice EVERY time a person get's killed, they choose not to. If there are too many millions of murders to report on, well isn't that the problem in itself? 

How many murders does the USA need before people wake up? How much gun crime is enough? How many people have to needlessly die before people finally get fed up with these misguided laws? Maybe just one. Maybe just Trayvon. Maybe this is the straw that will break the camel's back. Time will tell 

So do you prefer a society in which only the criminals and cops have guns?

Thats like blaming cars for people getting killed by drunk drivers.

quote
Crusher13 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Crusher13
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3972
Location: Texas
#36
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:35:40 PM
[Quote: Originally Posted by bowlslit]

When the dust settles, there are several things we will find out about ourselves. (ourselves loosely)

1. Who are the real racist aholes.

2. Who are the covers dickheads that have zero common sense.

3. Most people with zero common sense are also racist, dickheads.

 

Great post Bowl



quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4176
Location: Greece
#37
Posted: 3/29/2012 7:44:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

So do you prefer a society in which only the criminals and cops have guns?

Thats like blaming cars for people getting killed by drunk drivers.

crickets disco crickets.

quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7908
Location: Canada
#38
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:00:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

So do you prefer a society in which only the criminals and cops have guns?

Thats like blaming cars for people getting killed by drunk drivers.


Not really anything to do with this thread, but I've pretty much given up on you bowls. I'll give you at least one more response. To the point, I wouldn't expect you to have a firm grasp on the correlation between gun laws and crime and murder rates. Speaking to the ineptitude of the mainstream news media, FOX News would never properly report on that, so naturally you would have no idea what I'm talking about, and in turn make asinine comments such as this.

I don't want to play those games with you guys, if you want to play that game, ask Slim. You guys can go back and forth all day.

I was talking to KTrain. 
quote
gers
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 888sport.com |
gers
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8620
Location: Canada
#39
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:13:39 PM
This thread needs to be spinned Disco Leafs suck
quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#40
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:18:46 PM

Zimmerman isn't white.

You are incapable of being embarrassed by your own ignorance & stupidity.

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#41
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:20:12 PM
People need to understand that it wasn't Zimmerman's fault that the police botched this so badly.  TWO SEPARATE issues.  Now why did the police do such a crap job?  I won't even go there.  Could be a ton of different reasons and race certainly could be one of them.  

=================

Um, how, exactly did the police do a "crap job?"

By which standards?

And, given you're not a cop or lawyer, how would you know?
quote
SarasotaSlim send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 21625
Location: United States
#42
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:36:59 PM

DiscoD69,

I think.. I have a game you would reeeeally enjoy...called "switchem'...

I'll be the caller ...want to play ?

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4176
Location: Greece
#43
Posted: 3/29/2012 10:29:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


Not really anything to do with this thread, but I've pretty much given up on you bowls. I'll give you at least one more response. To the point, I wouldn't expect you to have a firm grasp on the correlation between gun laws and crime and murder rates. Speaking to the ineptitude of the mainstream news media, FOX News would never properly report on that, so naturally you would have no idea what I'm talking about, and in turn make asinine comments such as this.

I don't want to play those games with you guys, if you want to play that game, ask Slim. You guys can go back and forth all day.

I was talking to KTrain. 

If you have given up on me its only because you know you cant hang.

Your guns, crime and murder rate theory is garbage. Crime will no doubt be worse if guns are banned.

quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7908
Location: Canada
#44
Posted: 3/29/2012 10:34:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

If you have given up on me its only because you know you cant hang.

Your guns, crime and murder rate theory is garbage. Crime will no doubt be worse if guns are banned.


Have any empirical evidence that supports this? Or is it just a *feeling*?


"Can't hang..." 

Yep that's how you lost me 
quote
lordspoint send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lordspoint
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 13066
Location: Connecticut
#45
Posted: 3/30/2012 9:28:53 PM
Disco
There are a bazzilon studies out there about gun control and violence/criminal acts.
Google them and u can find plenty to support your argument and equally as many to refute your argument.

Did you know black on black and white on violence is much more prevalent than black on white or white on black violence?
Ppl tend to portray the white on black as the norm. These same people totally ignore black on white crime.
Both do happen but both aren't the norm.
People are simply animals - we have not evolved enough yet to live peacefully and I doubt we ever will
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
gers
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 888sport.com |
gers
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8620
Location: Canada
#46
Posted: 3/31/2012 6:37:33 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


I understand what you're saying but that's a whole different issue.

Again, just because something wouldn't make national news, doesn't mean it shouldn't make national news.

If anything, that argument speaks volumes about the ineptitude of the news media. Instead of reporting on real issues like how gun policy is affecting crime and murder rates, and reporting on and demanding justice EVERY time a person get's killed, they choose not to. If there are too many millions of murders to report on, well isn't that the problem in itself? 

How many murders does the USA need before people wake up? How much gun crime is enough? How many people have to needlessly die before people finally get fed up with these misguided laws? Maybe just one. Maybe just Trayvon. Maybe this is the straw that will break the camel's back. Time will tell 

Disco are you trying to say there is no crimes committed up here with guns??
quote
gers
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 888sport.com |
gers
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8620
Location: Canada
#47
Posted: 3/31/2012 6:42:38 AM
Disco if someone enters your home would you defend your family or wait 1 hour for the police to show up.
quote
gers
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 888sport.com |
gers
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8620
Location: Canada
#48
Posted: 3/31/2012 7:05:14 AM
And Disco Inferno my friend not defending the Zimmerman case I wasn't there to see what really happened.
quote
captjohn67 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
captjohn67
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12821
Location: Alabama
#49
Posted: 3/31/2012 7:50:06 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


 The video update




My favourite part: the white skin head prisoner being led in by the white skin head cops. 

Hmm.. Wonder why he was never charged for killing an unarmed black teen... 

terrible post

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.