Messages

Forum Index : Covers College Football : Messages
Author: [College Football] Topic: honey badger
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 15575
Location: North Carolina
#1
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:03:29 AM
anybody seen this guy,,,complete no show,,only time his name was mentioned was when someone was catching a  pass over him. In my opinion the hot dog got what he deserved. good riddance Mr over rated.
quote
cherokee10 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
cherokee10
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4361
Location: Ohio
#2
Posted: 1/11/2012 2:31:03 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by nc1capper:

only time his name was mentioned was when someone was catching a  pass over him

Musburger mentioned his name 14 times throughout the game.....but other than his love-fest for him, he did nothing during the game.

quote
Absolutxedge22 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 12668
Location: Michigan
#3
Posted: 1/11/2012 4:57:40 PM
Everyone has a bad game once and a while.
quote
blowoutgm send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
blowoutgm
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1742
Location: Louisiana
#4
Posted: 1/12/2012 12:22:18 AM
nc1capper- 

Good riddance? He's just a sophomore- Average cover corner who makes big plays- Got exposed by a bigger receiver. No big deal really.
quote
jimmydafreak send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 11974
Location: United States
#5
Posted: 1/12/2012 1:52:26 AM

Alabama abuse him pretty good in the first matchup, and they knew they could do it again.  The entire game plan revolved around going straight at the HB.

As I have been saying all season, he is NOT a top-tier CB, and he had no business being considered for a Heisman trophy for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is he was not even close to being the best CB on his own team.  All the other guys who were at the Heisman presentation deserved to be there.  The HB did not, and Alabama show why both times they played against him.

 

quote
deegen send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
deegen
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2887
Location:
#6
Posted: 1/12/2012 1:54:26 AM
ok pardon my ignorance on this, ive tried searching it but havent found a legit answer. 

why the darn is he called the honey badger?
quote
degengambler34 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mandalay Bay |
degengambler34
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2578
Location: Nevada
#7
Posted: 1/12/2012 2:34:52 AM
Claiborne was the corner to stay away from, and yeh alabama knew that. Badger lacks the size to be a threat to any decent receiver and will get abused if he ever goes pro, though i doubt he will even be a top 5 round type pick honestly. 
quote
jwheels86
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jwheels86
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 12888
Location: Alabama
#8
Posted: 1/12/2012 3:47:04 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by degengambler34:

Claiborne was the corner to stay away from, and yeh alabama knew that. Badger lacks the size to be a threat to any decent receiver and will get abused if he ever goes pro, though i doubt he will even be a top 5 round type pick honestly. 


You are judging that by him being a sophomore? Because whether you like him or not, he is about as good as a young kid in his 2nd year can be at his position, he will straight feast on kids next year.
quote
castorinho send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
castorinho
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1231
Location:
#9
Posted: 1/12/2012 4:13:10 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by deegen:

ok pardon my ignorance on this, ive tried searching it but havent found a legit answer. 

why the darn is he called the honey badger?


here's your answer
quote
depbmoc
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
depbmoc
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 11397
Location: Indiana
#10
Posted: 1/12/2012 11:00:53 AM
cause honey badger dont give a garbage 

he is fearless , eats snakes and larva 

i think he is pretty good , i am no talent scout but i would let him play for my Indiana Hoosiers anyday 
quote
jimmydafreak send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 11974
Location: United States
#11
Posted: 1/12/2012 11:27:27 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by degengambler34:

Claiborne was the corner to stay away from, and yeh alabama knew that. Badger lacks the size to be a threat to any decent receiver and will get abused if he ever goes pro, though i doubt he will even be a top 5 round type pick honestly. 

By the time he leaves LSU, he'll probably be a round 3 or better draft pick.  Just because he is way over-hyped doesn't mean he isn't very.

 

quote
archdriver send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
archdriver
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 5311
Location: Madagascar
#12
Posted: 1/12/2012 12:22:02 PM
I think he  will be a great return man  in the  nfl....  
quote
lsufasteddie send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lsufasteddie
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4628
Location: Louisiana
#13
Posted: 1/12/2012 12:30:47 PM
He's not good in man to man. Too short and Bama knew it.
quote
chvatalas send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Aria |
chvatalas
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3177
Location: Nebraska
#14
Posted: 1/12/2012 2:00:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

Alabama abuse him pretty good in the first matchup, and they knew they could do it again.  The entire game plan revolved around going straight at the HB.

As I have been saying all season, he is NOT a top-tier CB, and he had no business being considered for a Heisman trophy for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is he was not even close to being the best CB on his own team.  All the other guys who were at the Heisman presentation deserved to be there.  The HB did not, and Alabama show why both times they played against him.

 



quote
NorthOf49Sports
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
NorthOf49Sports
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 462
Location: Canada
#15
Posted: 1/12/2012 2:14:35 PM
thought Musburger was mocking HB actually, using subtlety.  

HB over-rated and obviously seeks 'too much' attention, not even close to level of ex-Tiger Patrick Peterson in skills btw, Peterson's worthy of the accolades but hasn't self-titled himself yet 
quote
cherokee10 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
cherokee10
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4361
Location: Ohio
#16
Posted: 1/12/2012 2:40:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by depbmoc:

cause honey badger dont give a garbage 

he is fearless , eats snakes and larva 

annnnnnnnnnnd runs backwards!

quote
depbmoc
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
depbmoc
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 11397
Location: Indiana
#17
Posted: 1/12/2012 3:24:19 PM
yes inded cherokee 10 
quote
nc1capper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 15575
Location: North Carolina
#18
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:24:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cherokee10:

Musburger mentioned his name 14 times throughout the game.....but other than his love-fest for him, he did nothing during the game.

14 mentions,,,please tell me you didnt research this- yikes- Brent was "on" LSU so it could have been Brent calling the badger out just a bit.
quote
MikeLowery send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
MikeLowery
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 133
Location:
#19
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:01:33 PM
mussberger"honey badger is gonna care about that one"
quote
cherokee10 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
cherokee10
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4361
Location: Ohio
#20
Posted: 1/14/2012 3:14:46 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by nc1capper:

14 mentions,,,please tell me you didnt research this- yikes- Brent was "on" LSU so it could have been Brent calling the badger out just a bit.

Saw it on cnnsi.com, pretty funny to watch....even when he wasn't on the field Mus would just connect the two just to say it.

quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1630
Location: United States
#21
Posted: 1/14/2012 10:17:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

Alabama abuse him pretty good in the first matchup, and they knew they could do it again.  The entire game plan revolved around going straight at the HB.

As I have been saying all season, he is NOT a top-tier CB, and he had no business being considered for a Heisman trophy for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is he was not even close to being the best CB on his own team.  All the other guys who were at the Heisman presentation deserved to be there.  The HB did not, and Alabama show why both times they played against him.

 

quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1630
Location: United States
#22
Posted: 1/14/2012 10:28:09 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by nc1capper:

anybody seen this guy,,,complete no show,,only time his name was mentioned was when someone was catching a  pass over him. In my opinion the hot dog got what he deserved. good riddance Mr over rated.

He sure is overrated, when was the last time someone got invited to set in with the Heisman selected group by having only 2 defensive returns for a TD.

Plus he got held out of a game when caught smoking fake pot with some team mates.

The Heisman Trophy Selection has become a joke....Matt Barkley should have gotten an invite instead....Monte Ball...etc.

Totally Bullshit that's why i don't watch it anymore.

quote
Forum Index : Covers College Football : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.