Messages

Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: PittVipers - Superbowl XLIV
pittviper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pittviper
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 334
Location:
#1
Posted: 2/1/2010 8:54:33 AM
On a great run in the hoops, 30-8 past 38. With the Superbowl less then a week away, it is time to lock in my bet.

I am only betting double then what I have been recently. I wanted to risk more, but thought it was a better idea not to push it.


New Orleans Saints +6 -105 (Bodog)


Great value.

BOL
PV
quote
msquires send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
msquires
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 42
Location: Canada
#2
Posted: 2/1/2010 9:44:07 AM

Hey PV,   I just been recently following your thread in nba and ncaa. Im goin to tail you for the rest of your 50 days if i agree with you analysts.which btw ive been impressed with.   2 weeks ago i bought in for a measley 29$ now im over 4k, ive been gettin lucky hittin parlays i know if i continue to bet this way i'll loose it all. reason why im goin to follow your picks closely. anyway my ultimate goal is to get close to 7k cash out an buy an engagment ring for the gf.     anyway       I love the pts the saints are getting i look for it to be  another close superbowl.

much appreciate your dedication and im confident your gonna keep gainin units.    BOL PV

quote
Cooler999 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Cooler999
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 7894
Location: California
#3
Posted: 2/1/2010 10:32:04 AM
anyway my ultimate goal is to get close to 7k cash out an buy an engagement ring for the gf.     anyway       I love the pts the saints are getting.  I look for it to be  another close super bowl.


WOW, that lucky little lady is in store for many years of blissful chaos.  baby

quote
Pipe-Light send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Pipe-Light
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2022
Location: Ohio
#4
Posted: 2/1/2010 12:14:04 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Cooler999:

anyway my ultimate goal is to get close to 7k cash out an buy an engagement ring for the gf.     anyway       I love the pts the saints are getting.  I look for it to be  another close super bowl.


WOW, that lucky little lady is in store for many years of blissful chaos. 

I think you should buy Pittviper a diamond instead of the girlfriend.

quote
msquires send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
msquires
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 42
Location: Canada
#5
Posted: 2/1/2010 12:35:29 PM

lol everyone should.   I havent won anythin yet tailin him but its obvious it`ll come.

quote
mischkin04 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mischkin04
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1728
Location: Florida
#6
Posted: 2/1/2010 12:40:06 PM

 yo, nice hoops write up

I see 5 dimes has line now at -11 + 200 ....51.5 - 182.

Is this just to offset a huge bet on Colts or what?

quote
mischkin04 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mischkin04
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1728
Location: Florida
#7
Posted: 2/1/2010 12:54:54 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Cooler999:

anyway my ultimate goal is to get close to 7k cash out an buy an engagement ring for the gf.     anyway       I love the pts the saints are getting.  I look for it to be  another close super bowl.


WOW, that lucky little lady is in store for many years of blissful chaos. 

     Yes she is, lets just hope her ring won't be attracting ants.

quote
mischkin04 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mischkin04
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1728
Location: Florida
#8
Posted: 2/1/2010 1:04:10 PM

 

                 Freeney factor kicking in?    

    Pitt, any speculation on how low the line goes? 

quote
Sportsmind
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
Sportsmind
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1280
Location: Nebraska
#9
Posted: 2/1/2010 1:37:40 PM
quote
Ice4Blood send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Ice4Blood
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 11845
Location:
#10
Posted: 2/1/2010 2:16:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mischkin04:

 

                 Freeney factor kicking in?    

    Pitt, any speculation on how low the line goes? 

i will only say this once, because i don't want to get into a big thing over it... but this can't get much easier...

line openes at 3.5... lots of love out there for the Saints, but the line climbs up to 5.5 in a blink... now the Freeney news comes out yesterday... and believe me, all of the books know that Freeney has about a 2% chance of playing and being effective in this game... Freeney is, for all practical purposes, OUT of this game... he is a cheerleader... you don't overcome a high ankle sprain in 2 weeks when lateral quickness is your entire game!

 

now think about this, and think very hard... how far did that line drop when this incredibly crucial injury news come down the pike?

 

 

this line is still going to get up to 7.... seriously people... this is not tricky by any stretch of the imagination...

look how friggin bad the AFC, with their 4th, 5th and 6th string QBs, made the NFC look... the NFC is the friggin JUNIOR football league... it's a joke how far apart they are right now...

there's no way NO is winning this game, and it will take a fluke for them to cover the spread!

quote
Ice4Blood send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Ice4Blood
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 11845
Location:
#11
Posted: 2/1/2010 2:17:00 PM

Pitt... love your bball plays and thread... but you're on the wrong side in this game...

quote
DOVJAK send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DOVJAK
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 25333
Location: Pennsylvania
#12
Posted: 2/1/2010 2:28:50 PM
pv bol you may have swayed me   still on fence    
quote
GAIMDAY send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
GAIMDAY
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
Location:
#13
Posted: 2/1/2010 4:51:55 PM
WISH U HAD COLTS .....IVE ALREADY BET 5K ON COLTS MONEYLINE AND WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CONFIDENT IF PITTVIPER PICKED COLTS ALSO      GOOD LUCK
quote
Gold_Rush send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
Gold_Rush
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 7850
Location: California
#14
Posted: 2/1/2010 5:00:50 PM
 why do you like the saints here
you are not giving us any reason for it


quote
pittviper send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
pittviper
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 334
Location:
#15
Posted: 2/1/2010 5:16:56 PM

Gold rush i'll try and add a reason later in the week. Does it really matter though?

If you don't like it don't bet it but I see this as a very strong bet. Ice4blood is way off on his assumption on the line movement a few posts above. The books react off money wagered, on the team, and don't move the lines to mess with us. This is the superbowl, if they can get even money they are the biggest winners of us all with -110 juice on both sides.

BOL
PV

quote
Crowkillers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Crowkillers
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 32063
Location: Pennsylvania
#16
Posted: 2/1/2010 5:18:27 PM

Good Luck Viper.

 I bet Sammy11 plays the Colts -6 just to spite you.

quote
Gold_Rush send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
Gold_Rush
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 7850
Location: California
#17
Posted: 2/1/2010 5:40:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pittviper:

Gold rush i'll try and add a reason later in the week. Does it really matter though?

If you don't like it don't bet it but I see this as a very strong bet. Ice4blood is way off on his assumption on the line movement a few posts above. The books react off money wagered, on the team, and don't move the lines to mess with us. This is the superbowl, if they can get even money they are the biggest winners of us all with -110 juice on both sides.

BOL
PV


I like it and i am going to bet the saints not because you 
posted it but because I like the saints for several reasons
The saints are a very strong bet. 

you say its good value - and it is good value 
but this is the super bowl, you have got to have some
idea of why you like the saints in this game besides that

 you dont have to post a reason!
 if you dont have one now its not likely you will

btw vegas does move the lines to mess with us
as well as the money. we will never know for sure
that is part of gambling,

the whole thing is a mind game between us and the books
and the house is usually a winner in the end regardless

quote
Gold_Rush send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
Gold_Rush
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 7850
Location: California
#18
Posted: 2/1/2010 5:45:13 PM
GO SAINTS 
quote
KingKenny13
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
KingKenny13
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5837
Location: California
#19
Posted: 2/1/2010 5:46:12 PM
 no freeny, no passrush... who dat
quote
mischkin04 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mischkin04
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1728
Location: Florida
#20
Posted: 2/1/2010 5:56:18 PM

 "line openes at 3.5... lots of love out there for the Saints, but the line climbs up to 5.5 in a blink... now the Freeney news comes out yesterday... and believe me, all of the books know that Freeney has about a 2% chance of playing and being effective in this game... Freeney is, for all practical purposes, OUT of this game... he is a cheerleader... you don't overcome a high ankle sprain in 2 weeks when lateral quickness is your entire game!

 

now think about this, and think very hard... how far did that line drop when this incredibly crucial injury news come down the pike?"

 

I think the public is not yet convinced that Freeney won't play. It's only monday and so many still have thier doubts.

  Just my opinion.

quote
Ice4Blood send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Ice4Blood
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 11845
Location:
#21
Posted: 2/1/2010 6:19:43 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pittviper:

Gold rush i'll try and add a reason later in the week. Does it really matter though?

If you don't like it don't bet it but I see this as a very strong bet. Ice4blood is way off on his assumption on the line movement a few posts above. The books react off money wagered, on the team, and don't move the lines to mess with us. This is the superbowl, if they can get even money they are the biggest winners of us all with -110 juice on both sides.

BOL
PV

i am not for one minute suggesting this line movement is to mess with us... in fact, that is the exact opposite of what i am suggesting...

quote
Ice4Blood send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Ice4Blood
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 11845
Location:
#22
Posted: 2/1/2010 6:22:35 PM

consider these 3 facts about this line... you can make of it what you wish:

1)  they posted a line of 3.5 because, based on the way people have backed the Saints all year, they expected that to be the best line to get equal value... now, be very clear... this is not a statement about what they felt the line SHOULD be... just what they thought would get equal play...

2)  they quickly found out they were wrong, and adjusted the line immediately as a result...

3)  with the release of the news that Freeney is dealing with a 3rd degree ankle sprain, with a complete tear of the ligament (i.e., there is no chance in hell he will be ready to play effectively in the Super Bowl)... they changed the line how much?

 

quote
Ice4Blood send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Ice4Blood
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 11845
Location:
#23
Posted: 2/1/2010 6:24:29 PM

much respect, PV... but you are backing the wrong team here...

quote
JimMack6 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
JimMack6
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2030
Location: Pennsylvania
#24
Posted: 2/1/2010 7:44:04 PM

look how friggin bad the AFC, with their 4th, 5th and 6th string QBs, made the NFC look... the NFC is the friggin JUNIOR football league... it's a joke how far apart they are right now...

You compared the Super Bowl to the Pro Bowl, seriously? 

quote
sonic2538 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetLegends.eu |
sonic2538
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 242
Location: Costa Rica
#25
Posted: 2/1/2010 8:21:22 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by KingKenny13:

 no freeny, no passrush... who dat

But they still have a guy named Manning, may not need pass ruch or Freeny??

quote
Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.